Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

February 2017 moms!

1. gilmoregirl

persimmon / 1273 posts

@maggierose: no solids yet for us but I'm getting excited for it. T does not seem interested but I'd like to get him started and see how it goes. I really liked doing BLW with B but I'm open to whatever works best for T. He does sit in his high chair with us while we eat already which is nice for me to eat with two hands again!

2. nana87

cantaloupe / 6171 posts

@Beehive: on days lo1 is home, lo2 just naps on the go, in the stroller, my arms, or a carrier. She's really easygoing and sleeps well at night so I haven't pushed a strict nap/crib schedule anyway

3. josina

pomegranate / 3973 posts

How is everyone?! How are the babies?

Is there an 8 month grown spurt? Em's sleeping has gone way down hill and now we basically have a co-sleeper. It's funny because it seemed so much worse with LO1 but maybe that's because I actually 'got up' with him, and her I just throw on me in bed and go back to sleep.

Decisions about more babies / being done?
    DH and I aren't in agreement, I want 1 more, he doesn't, so tabling it until next summer, I'd ideally be prego between October and February. His biggest worry is having health issues with a 3rd...

4. Pumuckl

pomegranate / 3601 posts

I am so terrible with the updates!

Not sure there is a 8 months growth spurt but there is a 9 month sleep regression... maybe you’re hitting that early?

The twins have both grown so much! They are both over 19 lbs and months clothes. They did really well on our trip to thr US and mastered all 4 flights really well. We’ll head back to the States in November so it’s a good thing they did well on the plane. At least it’ll only be them this time though. The older two will stay with grandma and grandpa.
    They’re really close to crawling but haven’t fully mastered it yet. They are army crawling though and definitely keep us busy since their most favorite thing seems to be eating paper

5. josina

pomegranate / 3973 posts

@Pumuckl: Oh yes to the paper! That was what Em first started crawling after! She's been crawling for just over a week now.

Wow to 4 flights, thats amazing.

We are in 9 month clothes.

6. Ajsmommy

pomegranate / 3355 posts

@josina: Hey there! I can't believe we are at 8 mos old already!! Tyler is doing well. He is crawling and getting better with solid food. He gets 3 puree meals a day and for dinner I give him some of the stuff we eat (pizza crust, pasta, peas, French fries have all been hits). He is taking 3 - 4 oz bottles at daycare and then one right before bed which is at about 6 pm. He usually sleeps until 9 or 10 and then I feed him again and then one wake up over night for another 4 oz bottle. This last week he has really shown a preference for the bottle over boob, so I feel that our breastfeeding days are numbered and coming to an end soon. I am still pumping at work so he gets 1-2 fresh milk bottles a day. Then I pull one frozen bag and send 1 formula bottle just in case he needs it.

He's in 9-12 month clothes.

We have a ped apt next month so I'm interested to see how he's doing on the growth charts and we have a cardiologist apt in January.

What will you guys get the babies for Christmas??? I need ideas for Tyler..... I was thinking blocks? and maybe a light up/learning/shape sorter type of toy?? I got him an activity block and a normal wooden shape sorter.

7. Ajsmommy

pomegranate / 3355 posts

Oh and another question.. do any of you dress your kids in matching sibling shirts/clothes? and if so where to you get those??

I'm wanting to get some for Alyssa and Tyler but am stumped as to where to look....

8. Ajsmommy

pomegranate / 3355 posts

@josina: and we are DONE with babies in our house! LOL.. I am tapped out with two and have no idea how I'd do it with three! I'd def have to quit my job. But I'm too old now anyway and we are happy with our family of 4

9. josina

pomegranate / 3973 posts

@Ajsmommy: Pasta and peas are a hit over here too. She loves carrots, and rotisserie chicken.
    Are you okay with bf'ing ending soon, or sad about it? I have to laugh at myself a month ago when I felt sad Em barely nursed, just once overnight and once/twice before bed. And now she nurses allll night long. Tired mama here!
    Once her cold is over I need to do something to get her back in her p&play, last night she cried every time I laid her down. (fingers cross it's just because of the cold)

Christmas - no idea, I need to make a list yet, but I think I'm going to ask for mostly clothes for her. Maybe a 'girly' Little People set since we got DS the farm and he loved that.

I don't currently dress them in matching outfits but I am lusting after outfits from this store, they are semi-local to me and have a facebook group you can follow for sales:
    https://www.trendylittlesgroup.com/

10. Ajsmommy

pomegranate / 3355 posts

@josina: I love those clothes but they don't have the right sizes in the matches I'd buy.... maybe i'll follow them!!

11. josina

pomegranate / 3973 posts

How is everyone? Can't believe it's been 9 months + already!!

I really came here just to complain how tiiirred I am. Em is teething, and has a cold so is not sleeping well. I want my good sleeper back! Thinking we need to try an move her to her crib soon, but room sharing will be a whole other issue.

How about a Friday Survey / Check-in?

LO's Milestones:

9 mo. stats:

What is he/she getting for the holidays?

If youre bf'ing/pumping how's that going? How long will you continue?

What do you love about this age?

What do you dislike about this age?

12. josina

pomegranate / 3973 posts

How about a Friday Survey / Check-in?

LO's Milestones: Crawling, Walking as long as she can push something, working on her first tooth, says 'mom, mom, mom' (but that's about it!)

9 mo. stats: 27-1/4" tall (apparently off her curve a little there), 18 lbs 1 oz.

What is he/she getting for the holidays? toy pull-along phone, toy xylophone, Cabbage patch cutie Raccoon, Unicorn lovey with her name on it, Beauty & the Beast Little People

If youre bf'ing/pumping how's that going? How long will you continue? Going good, and getting ahead with milk finally. I'll pump till a year, and bf till ? I quit at 14 months with DS, probably similar with her.

What do you love about this age? She just started repeating me, so says 'mom, mom, mom' and makes fart noises, so funny. She also loves to be chased and will try and crawl away, then stop and giggle.

What do you dislike about this age? The sleep with her teething and having a cold, is awful. Also having to feed her real food now, lol, if we go out it's a bit more of a hassle!

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee