Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

February 2017 moms!

1. gentlelunette

kiwi / 698 posts

@Beehive: I'm glad things are going well! Sounds like you're getting the reflux under control and she's gaining well. I'm jealous of your crib naps! I'm considering moving J to her crib after her night feed, because I think she might get a better stretch of sleep than beside me. There's so much commotion in the mornings, with my husband's alarm and DD1 calling out "Mooooooom" repeatedly until I come and get her that I think it's waking her up. I'm nervous even thinking about having her anywhere but right beside me, but it might help get her a better sleep.

We got an 8 hour stretch last night. It was incredible. I woke up with the most gigantic leaking boobs and my first thought after "ugh, I'm soaked" was "Holy crap. Is she dead?!?!" She's been super sleepy today, so maybe she's coming off of her wonder week? Or gearing up for her 6 week fussy period? Lol! In any case, I'm sure it was a one-off!

@gilmoregirl: I'm sorry you're not getting much rest. Despite getting long stretches, I can totally sympathize with the bedtime taking 3 hours. We still have a hard core witching hour that consists of a lot of cluster feeding and squats to keep her calm before the big crash.

2. josina

pomegranate / 3973 posts

@gentlelunette: I hate those holy crap moments when you check to make sure they're alive. I've been much better about it with Em than I was with DS. Yay for 8 hours though! We've gotten pretty close that as well, I just keep hoping it starts that way and there isn't a regression coming, DS was a horrible sleeper.

When is everyone going back work (if you are)? I'm back next Wednesday already which sucks, 6 wks, 2days off. Both kids are going to daycare tomorrow though so DH and I can have a date-day. Shopping and dinner.
    One minute I'm ready go back, the next I'm sad because she's so young. We go to an in-home that we love so that helps and I'm sure big bro will love getting to bring her.

3. gentlelunette

kiwi / 698 posts

@josina: My first didn't give me stretches of sleep like this for months! It makes her need for "on the go" naps in the wrap/car seat a bit more bearable since I'm so well rested from my night sleep. I'm sure it'll all go to sh*t when she's 4 months anyway. Lol

I hope you get to enjoy your last couple of days before going back to work. How was E's first day of daycare last week?

4. gilmoregirl

persimmon / 1273 posts

@josina: good luck with your first days back! How was the date day?

@gentlelunette: 8 hours sounds pretty amazing right now. After a tough couple of days, we at least made it back to a 5-6 hour stretch to start the night. Going back and forth like that has messed with my supply and T's poop is a little weird. I'm trying hard not to worry!

5. gentlelunette

kiwi / 698 posts

@gilmoregirl: maybe a growth spurt? That can always throw supply off! We haven't had another 8h stretch, but she's holding strong around 5-6h for now. Hopefully you keep getting that too!

J has another bloody cold. We have been hot so hard this winter and she seems like she's really vulnerable to catching big sisters illnesses. Feeding hasn't been great and naps are all over the map because she just can't breathe all that well. So frustrating!

6. gilmoregirl

persimmon / 1273 posts

@gentlelunette: yeah it started at the six week mark, so I am totally going growth spurt. He's getting too long for his 3 month clothes

Hope poor J is doing better soon. How awful to be sick when they are so little. B's got another cold and Bebe stops hugging his brother so I am just trying to keep him from spreading boogies as best I can (ie, pretty much not at all)

So this weekend we drove 4 hours round trip for a birthday party and it was not a disaster! T is not good in the car. It both boys generally handled the super long day like champs. And it felt good to get out and see our friends for a bit cause it's been a while! Paid for it on Sunday but oh well

In other news, I am officially wearing a pair of non maternity jeans right now. Granted, it's a pair that's big on me normally and they are stinking tight at the moment...but I'll take any progress I can get!

7. Beehive

nectarine / 2054 posts

@gentlelunette: Aw man, I hope she feels better soon! It's been a brutal cold season. @gilmoregirl: Well done with the long drive - I'm glad it went well! @pumuckl: How did the vaccines go on Friday?

Last week was pretty good, my parents visited on Friday and Saturday and although there were definitely the usual fussy times, they got some good smiles and coos from the baby. We went to a friend's apartment last night for a playdate for our 4 year old right during the witching hour, and it wasn't a disaster - she ended up feeding a lot (under the nursing cover), and dozing, and she woke up a little near the end and was smiling and interacting with our friends. Better than she normally is at home at that hour!

8. gentlelunette

kiwi / 698 posts

@gilmoregirl: @Beehive: thanks ladies. I'm being hyper vigilant about using the snot sucker and saline, and her nose seems to be clearing. I'm hoping she just has "virus lite", unlike her sister who has been sick for what feels like months!

@gilmoregirl: Glad your trip went well, and hooray for fitting into normal pants! I pretty much just live in athletic wear. Lol. I don't want to face the music just yet and try on any pre-pregnancy clothes.

@Beehive: sounds like a great weekend! Glad the play date wasn't a disaster. I have been better about being out and about with my second and try to just roll with the fussy times as best as possible. I was basically a recluse with my first because I couldn't conceive of how to get through the fussy periods in public. This time around I am just going into all outings with low expectations and have been pleasantly surprised. Lol!

9. gilmoregirl

persimmon / 1273 posts

@gentlelunette: I've been kinda the same with T this time around. I am less concerned about him crying in public or whatever. If he's hungry, I'll feed him (totally didn't nurse in public the first time). If he cries, I'll figure it out or he'll cry some. But I have less choice in the matter too because B is home with me most days and we have to do stuff. I'm enjoying my leave much more this way.

@Beehive: how is the reflux going? Is it any better? We are two weeks on Zantac and it is helping some but I'm not entirely sure what I'm supposed to see happen.

10. Beehive

nectarine / 2054 posts

@gilmoregirl: I think the reflux might be a little bit better? Not perfect yet, though. We started Prevacid but on such a small dose once a day I'm not sure how much it's helping (our pediatrician advises only a small dose until 10 weeks, something about the kidneys). So I've been continuing with the Zantac twice a day. We have had a couple days with very little reflux behavior with feeds, but other days where she was very fussy during multiple feeds a day (crying at the breast, etc), so our meds definitely still need adjusting. Using a bottle of pumped milk has helped for the worst feeds, generally the last feed of the day, of course the one where I'm trying to get the most milk into her!

11. gilmoregirl

persimmon / 1273 posts

@Beehive: I can't be sure if we are better either. I think most of our symptoms are respiratory and I. Can't see how the Zantac would change then? Plus he still vomits about once a day. But he seems to get a bit screams after feedings when he hasn't had the Zantac in a while so I suppose it's helping with that. I hope you guys get the meds sorted out soon. It's confusing!

12. gentlelunette

kiwi / 698 posts

@Beehive: @gilmoregirl: what were the symptoms that made your doctors say reflux? With my first, she was a very slow gainer and screamed and arched during/after her feeds (and of course had copious amounts of spit up). J has been gaining like a champ but she has started projectile vomiting 1-2 times a day a couple days ago. She's not bothered by it at all. She's all smiles after she pukes. I'm wondering if the puke might be because of her cough though? Last night she was in her bassinet and coughed a few times. I was just about to pick her up and she projectile barfed and it went through the mesh of her bassinet, all over our bed. It was intense. I don't know if I should be worried about this being something more than just her cold/cough/congestion.

13. gilmoregirl

persimmon / 1273 posts

@gentlelunette: T has silent reflux but you can hear it - he's swallowing it back down all the time and it's particularly bad when he's fussy after eating. Or he's fussy because he's refluxing? In any event, you can hear the swallows, so the dr suggested we try Zantac.

He's been really fussy today so I dunno. Maybe it's not working, or maybe it's because he's almost 8 weeks and would fuss anyway!

14. Beehive

nectarine / 2054 posts

@gentlelunette: For A, it's her behavior during some feeds - sometimes she will be nursing, and she'll stop eating and start crying, like she's really hungry but it's hurting her to eat. She doesn't spit up a ton, but sometimes I can her her swallowing like @gilmoregirl: describes.

15. Ajsmommy

pomegranate / 3355 posts

@gentlelunette: Tyler projectile vomits once a day or once every two days. It's a lot but as you said he's fine/ happy after. I'm going to mention it at his next ped appt but for now I'm just going to watch it...

We had our cardiologist appt today and he's over 10 lbs!!! Gained two lbs in two weeks!! I'm feeling pretty happy and proud (yeah, proud That my Boob milk is bulking him up!!)

The appt went ok...the hole looks the same. So not any better, which I was of course hoping for but it's not worse and since he's gaining so well they are happy. We go back in one month

16. josina

pomegranate / 3973 posts

@gentlelunette: @gilmoregirl: Date-day was nice, shopping and dinner with DH. Em did good at daycare but apparently didn't sleep much.
    First day back to work is today and so far so good. I think I'm excited to get back into a normal routine, and some adult time is good. Anxious to see my babies though and definitely wish I could have the time off that you ladies get! 6 weeks is not enough.

@Ajsmommy: Yay for good weight gain, I thought the same thing when Em gained that much, like 'oh yeah, I did that'. lol.
    Hopefully the hole will start closing by your next appt.

17. maggierose

olive / 60 posts

Hi ladies just checking in. Baby girl will be two months on Sun and time is flying by. She seems less fussy and has been very smiley lately. Also seems to be getting in a routine...well naps are still hit or miss but I can usually count on her going down for the night between 7 and 8 pretty consistently.

@gilmoregirl: yay for fitting into regular pants! I tried on some of my pre pregnancy jeans today and couldn't zip them 😓.

@josina: glad being back at work wasn't terrible. I have 3 more weeks of leave and am getting bummed out thinking about going back.

18. gilmoregirl

persimmon / 1273 posts

@josina: I wish you got more time too. Six weeks is hard. We are still a hot mess over here. Hope the first couple days are going well.

@Ajsmommy: it's totally an accomplishment! Plus the early weeks are hard so you gotta take the wins where you find them.

@maggierose: to be fair, it's only one pair and they're definitely my biggest jeans. But it's something! Awesome that you're getting a more predictable bedtime! I've had T down by 8:45 the past several nights so I'd live for a more consistent bedtime to be a thing.

19. gilmoregirl

persimmon / 1273 posts

We are having big brother's 3rd birthday party (3!! ) on Saturday and I don't know why I thought I could host a party at my house with a not-quite 2 month old! Yikes. Grocery shopping in pouring rain and thunder today was an adventure I hope never to relive.

20. josina

pomegranate / 3973 posts

@gilmoregirl: Work is going well although little girl is taking 4 bottles of milk vs. the 3 I was hoping for so I won't be freezing much like I had hoped.

@maggierose: Hope these 3 weeks go slooowly for you!

Hope the birthday party goes well! We hosted 22 people for Baptism last Sunday and it went fine, DH had to do a lot of it.

21. josina

pomegranate / 3973 posts

It's been a long time since a FRI-YAY Roll Call!!

How old is baby?

Are you breastfeeding/pumping/formula feeding? How is that going?

What about sleep?

Any fun milestones yet?

Any major similarities/differences with your 1st baby?

Next dr. appointment:

Any fun plans for Easter?

22. josina

pomegranate / 3973 posts

How old is baby? Emmalyn will be 7 weeks on Sunday.

Are you breastfeeding/pumping/formula feeding? How is that going?
    Breastfeeding and pumping. She is an awesome nurser, nurses way better than DS did. Today is day 3 of pumping, I'm keeping up, not sure if I'll be able to freeze as much as I want, I only have about 20 extra ounces froze now.

What about sleep? She is GREAT, knock on wood. She typically sleeps from 10 till 5:45/6. Last night she had 1 wake-up at 3. DS was up every 2 hours so this is amazing to me.

Any fun milestones yet? STTN is great, she is really stingy on smiles yet so still looking forward to those.

Any major similarities/differences with your 1st baby? Sleep is the biggest as she is so much better, she's also less fussy in general, just such an easy baby. She nurses about half as long as DS did, but was still measuring bigger than him at 1 month - they were born the exact same weight/height.

Next dr. appointment: April 25th, 2 month appt. and shots.

Any fun plans for Easter? We will go to church that morning and they have an Easter egg hunt after for DS. Then we usually have a family get-together with my dad's side.

23. gentlelunette

kiwi / 698 posts

How old is baby? 7 weeks, 2 days!

Are you breastfeeding/pumping/formula feeding? How is that going? J is EBF. I don't pump but probably should so I can escape eventually. I've been using a silicone breast "pump" to collect oversupply so I have a very small freezer stash. Thinking I should have DH try a bottle with her soon. Mama needs a haircut.

What about sleep? Naps are exclusively in the wrap/car seat/stroller. She has a wake time of about 1-1.25h and naps are anywhere from 45 minutes to 3.5 hours. Night sleep is pretty good. She goes down somewhere between 8:30-9:30 and will give me a 5-8 hour stretch before a feed. Then back down for a couple more hours. Can't complain!

Any fun milestones yet? So many smiles and coos. And she rolled from belly to back twice in one day at 6 weeks, but I think it was a fluke! She hasn't done it since.

Any major similarities/differences with your 1st baby? They look pretty similar, and they both love sleeping close to mommy. J is a much easier baby than her big sister was... pretty chilled out (but so am I this time around, so that's probably contributing!)

Next dr. appointment: April 20th for her 2 month appointment and shots.

Any fun plans for Easter? Two family dinners- one on Saturday and one Sunday. I suspect it will be an exhausting weekend! We'll do a little egg hunt for DD1 since she's old enough to understand it this year.

24. gentlelunette

kiwi / 698 posts

@gilmoregirl: @Beehive: @Ajsmommy: thanks for the responses re:reflux. I think the projectile spit ups were due to her cold. It's clearing up and the spit up is much less (because she's not coughing as much, thank goodness!)

25. gentlelunette

kiwi / 698 posts

@gilmoregirl: We had a party for DD1s birthday when J was 4 weeks old. It was crazy and DH did most of the work. It was a bare bones party, that's for sure. And family only, which helped lower the expectations! I hope the party goes well for you guys!

26. gilmoregirl

persimmon / 1273 posts

@gentlelunette: I'm so glad it's better! We had a couple good days and then T slept through the night last night (!!!!) and ate wayyyyy too much this morning. Major barf! Oops. It's a trade off I'll take.

@josina: @gentlelunette: props to you guys for hosting things. We are gonna pull it off but wow. It is hard to prep anything. Kinda my own fault for doing things myself (like making the cake - I love doing cakes though so). My husband has done as much as he can, but I'm the one home all day so I've taken on most of the prep.

27. gilmoregirl

persimmon / 1273 posts

Fun!

How old is baby? 8 weeks today!

Are you breastfeeding/pumping/formula feeding? How is that going? Breastfeeding and ok. I was pumping so that my husband could give a bottle a day but T's been fussy about the bottle and I kinda blame my DH. He's way too stressed about it. I tried to be careful with my supply to avoid some of the oversupply issues I had last time and I've been somewhat successful but we've had it share of green poop lately.

What about sleep? Naps pretty much only in the wrap hit at least he naps unlike his big brother. This also sounds normal from what you guys mention. Nights are ok. We seems to be headed toward an 8:30 bedtime. Otherwise he's inconsistent. Anything from up every 3 hours to STTN lol. But we've had a bunch of long stretches so I enjoy them when I get them.

Any fun milestones yet? Smiles! Love it.

Any major similarities/differences with your 1st baby? Similar in appearance! I forget often that T is not B cause they look so similar. T is easier. Cries a lot less; sleeps more. I'm different too which prob helps. Feeling a lot more stable and relaxed this time around.

Next dr. appointment: He will have his 2 month appointment on May 2 just a week before he's 3 months old. Lol. That's what I get for choosing a doc who became popular.

Any fun plans for Easter? We went to an egg hunt a few weeks ago; I have Easter baskets for both boys. I think we will dye eggs and do an egg hunt Easter morning. That's prob it though.

28. Ajsmommy

pomegranate / 3355 posts

@gilmoregirl: good luck with the party!!

29. Ajsmommy

pomegranate / 3355 posts

How old is baby? 7 wks today
    Are you breastfeeding/pumping/formula feeding? How is that going? Breastfeeding is going well. He nurses way shorter time.wise than dd did. He only does about 5-7 mins on one side at a time unless it's the witching hour /before bed. I know he should nurse longer but he just doesn't want to. And he's gaining weight so.... Idk. I do wonder if it's causing his discomfort /gas??

He's still doing big spit ups once or twice a day

I hand express once a day so I have a small stash. He takes a bottle on Saturdays when I go grocery shopping w dd and t stays home w day

And he took two bottle when dh and I went to see Beauty and the beast

What about sleep? he's ok... Not as good as dd but better than the dr said he'd be. He's usually asleep between 8-9 and has been going until midnight. Nurses quickly and then back down until 3 ish. Then he tends to get really squirmy so I'll hold him and sleep until 6 ish
    Any fun milestones yet? He's really cooing and squawking a lot and reacting to us talking to him. He rolled over a few times but I think it was a fluke
    Any major similarities/differences with your 1st baby? T looks like dd. He's pretty easy like dd. But his nursing and sleeping are definitely different
    Next dr. appointment: 4/17 2 mos apt
    Any fun plans for Easter? We are going to an egg drop Saturday with dh's family. Sunday we'll do an egg hunt for dd and have a ham dinner. Dh's family is invited but not sure if they're coming or not

** speaking of easter : what will you give your kids

30. josina

pomegranate / 3973 posts

@Ajsmommy: Nursing for you sounds similar to me... she usually only takes one side, and for about that amount of time, but since she's gaining fine I'm not going to worry about it.
    Easter gifts - DS is getting a bubble gun and a kickball so far, My mom got him Moanna and 2 other older movies, I think I will pick up Sing also. DD probably won't get anything from us this year since she's too young to know any different.

31. gilmoregirl

persimmon / 1273 posts

@Ajsmommy: B nursed just like that! If he's happy and gaining I'm sure it's fine.

I got crayons and sidewalk chalk for B and an Easter book for T. I'd skip T but having a three year old makes that tough! B questions everything! Both boys will get a little chia type plant that I found at target.

32. Pumuckl

pomegranate / 3601 posts

How old is baby? [Okay, I just had to get out the calendar to count weeks] 10 will be 11 weeks on Sunday

Are you breastfeeding/pumping/formula feeding? How is that going? I am nursing both babies. They get at least one feed per day by bottle. We still keep it up to do that feed as a combo feed. There is definitely enough milk we just do it so they do keep taking formula should it be necessary. The excess milk goes in the freezer - we have about a weeks worth of milk for both babies in the freezer at this point.

What about sleep? It's good. Only actually going to sleep in the evenings is a pain. But they go down around 8 eat at 12/1am and then sleep until 6/7am. I can live with that.

Any fun milestones yet? Smiles and cooing. Also they are starting to really look at one another and it's just amazing to see how they react to one another.

Any major similarities/differences with your 1st baby? They are a total mix of my other two. I am really looking forward how they will continue to develop and how them being twins plays into it.
    Next dr. appointment: 4/28 2nd round of shots plus well visit

Any fun plans for Easter? We have two federal holidays around Easter (Good Friday and Easter Monday) so we'll take the chance and visit my grandmother. It'll be a 4h drive we'll see how it goes... it'll be fun though since my complete family will be there.

No presents for Easter for us. Just eggs 😝

33. MrsA

apricot / 444 posts

So fun! Sorry I've been totally MIA on the board.

How old is baby? I had to look too! He will be 10 weeks on Sunday.

Are you breastfeeding/pumping/formula feeding? How is that going? I'm EBF right now. I use the silicone pump to catch excess, and occasionally pump once a day to start a freezer stash. DH has given him a bottle a couple times and he's done ok with it so I might take advantage and get a mani/pedi soon!

What about sleep? Naps are pretty much on me, in the car seat, or in the carrier/wrap. Nighttime the last few nights has been down around 9:30/10 and up at 3/3:30 so not bad!

Any fun milestones yet? Smiles! His eyes brighten up and then he gives a big grin!

Any major similarities/differences with your 1st baby? They look pretty similar!! Other than that...not really? He's so much bigger, and is a much more efficient nurser than her. I honestly don't remember how she slept. Maybe it's better that way?

Next dr. appointment: End of May for 4 month appt! He had his 2 month last week.

Any fun plans for Easter? We're driving to southern CA to DH's family. First road trip as a family of 4 and I'm terrified. 6 hours of drive time with a nursing infant and potty trained preschooler. Pray for us.

I didn't grow up celebrating Easter so I'm not doing a basket or anything. My MIL is taking care of that for both kids thank goodness, and organizing an egg hunt for DD. I'm glad she's happy to do it!

34. gilmoregirl

persimmon / 1273 posts

@Ajsmommy: thanks!

We pulled off the party, which really was mostly balloons and cake with family but still felt overwhelming to me. Big brother had a great time and slept in until 8 this morning so that was a win.

We've been comparing pics of the two this evening and it's fun to see the resemblance but I think they look so different. What do you all think? Do your siblings look more alike or different from one another?

35. Pumuckl

pomegranate / 3601 posts

@gilmoregirl: my sons funnily enough look a lot alike and my daughters do. B looks so much like my little brother - it's insane, so J2 definitely goes into my family's direction too or a least so it seems. J1 and F both have round friendly faces with big eyes that are definitely more my FIL. It'll be so cool to see what they grow into.

36. gentlelunette

kiwi / 698 posts

@gilmoregirl: I'm glad the party was a success!! I'm sure you're happy to have that done with!

37. gentlelunette

kiwi / 698 posts

I just posted a comparisonshot in the Facebook group. I thought my girls looked so similar but they really don't. Lol! Some similarities but overall quite different. Personalities are different too. J loves the car/stroller, but DD1 HATED them. J is a better eater/sleeper and just overall easier baby, but I don't know how much of that is my confidence in my mothering. DD1 is a really easy toddler, and was a pretty easy baby after the newborn stage. maybe it'll be a role reversal for J!

38. Beehive

nectarine / 2054 posts

Great survey!

How old is baby? 10 weeks on Wednesday

Are you breastfeeding/pumping/formula feeding? How is that going? Breastfeeding and pumping maybe every other day to keep some bottles in the fridge

What about sleep? Sleep is pretty good, she'll do 6 hour stretches regularly with the occasional 7 hour stretch (and some 5 hour stretches). Today we moved her bedtime up to 9:30 from 11/11:30, so we'll see how that goes!

Any fun milestones yet? Big smiles and "talking" (coos) - so much fun, I love how she's interacting now.

Any major similarities/differences with your 1st baby? They look quite similar and are both very nice, happy babies. J was a fantastic sleeper, so I keep feeling like A should be sleeping for longer by now, but we'll see how she does with moving her bedtime up.

Next dr. appointment: End of April is her 3 month appointment

Any fun plans for Easter? Not really, we may get together with some friends

39. nana87

cantaloupe / 6171 posts

Fun! Sorry I've been mia, it's hard to type on a phone, lol

How old is baby? 8 weeks yesterday

Are you breastfeeding/pumping/formula feeding? How is that going? ebf, and it's going so well! with lo1 i had supply issues, but we just got back from her 2-month visit and she's gaining great, I am sooo relieved! I had a crack in my nipple for the first few weeks but it's healed and much easier now. I am seriously so, so relieved that it's working. with lo1 I was so stressed about her weight and supplemented, which worked great for us in the end but was a huge pita. I still was able to nurse her for 22 mos (!!) but it was so stressful in the early days.

What about sleep? really well! She usually has a long (5-8!!) hour stretch overnight (falls asleep btw 9-11 and then wakes up 4-6) and then has great naps in the morning, especially if I wear her or we pop her in the car seat for dropping off lo1 at school. Afternoons and evenings she still kind of clusterfeeds a bit, but I'll take it to get that long night stretch!

Any fun milestones yet? she's rolled tummy to back a couple times and during tummy time, she lifts her head really high. Maaaaybe a few smiles, but not huge ones yet

Any major similarities/differences with your 1st baby? they are so different! since lo1 was so hungry all the time with my supply issues, she was really fussy. this girl has such a lovely disposition, she's really calm and sweet. like, she wakes me up because I hear her wiggling around and smacking her lips, she only really cries when she's clusterfeeding

Next dr. appointment: we had our 2month check up today and got a bunch of shots. since her 1 month visit, she gained like 2.5 lbs (8lbs 2 oz to 10lbs 7.5 oz) and 2 inches (21 to 23)! next visn't until 4 months

Any fun plans for Easter? we're Jewish, so no I wish we were doing a Passover seder but it's too complicated with both kiddos these days.

40. maggierose

olive / 60 posts

How old is baby? Almost 9 weeks

Are you breastfeeding/pumping/formula feeding? How is that going? EBF and despite a lot of pain the first month were in a groove. However she seems to be a skinny/slow gainer/fast metabolizer like my son. She was 6lb7oz at birth, 7lb9oz at 5 weeks and I just got on the scale at home with her yesterday and she was 8.5 lbs...doesn't have her real two month checkup until the end of April which is annoying. They didn't seem concerned, she's happy and alert and feeds on demand at least 8-10 times a day.

What about sleep? It's ok. Naps mostly happen in my arms or the carrier. Putting her down for a nap in the crib usually fails but here and there she has taken a nice long nap in the crib. At night she sleeps well in the crib (finally stopped using the rock n play) she goes down around 8, up at 12/1 to nurse and then back til 4/5. She's usually restless after that so she'll sleep and fuss on and off but I usually get her out by 6. I happened to chat with a sleep coach who said she might be fussing in the early morning because she's done sleeping and to try to put her to sleep closer to 10?! Lightbulb! But I like her going down when my son does so I can have time to myself in the evenings so I may or may not try it.

Any fun milestones yet? Lots of smiles and coos. Reaching for things more but not grabbing yet.
    Can roll from back to side. Still hates tummy time.

Any major similarities/differences with your 1st baby? She seems generally happier and less fussy than he was. Probably a mix of temperament and the fact I know what I'm doing more now. Looks wise they sometimes look the same when sleeping but awake she looks different / rounder chubbier face and smaller eyes. Same mouth though.

Next dr. appointment: Not til the 24

Any fun plans for Easter? Making baskets for the kids and taking my son to an egg hunt. Then a meal with my family. My mom got her the cutest Easter dress in 0-3 months but she's swimming in it cuz she's such a tiny peanut.

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee