Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

February 2017 moms!

1. Ajsmommy

pomegranate / 3355 posts

@josina: great stats!!! We go tomorrow. I'm not thinking he gained anywhere near 2lbs but I do hope he gained!

2. gilmoregirl

persimmon / 1273 posts

@josina: awesome growth and sleep!

We don't have our one month appointment until almost 6 weeks, which I am totally irritated about. He's big though. Definitely over 10 and possibly near to 12. We'll see. Appointment is next Wednesday.

Newborn clothes are officially done here. I have just enough 0-3 stuff if it warms up soon!

@Ajsmommy: good luck tomorrow!

3. maggierose

olive / 60 posts

@josina: great stats! Isn't it nice to know you can let her sleep at night?

My peanut was 7lbs9oz and 20 in at her 1 mo checkup - 1lb2oz above her birth weight. 5th percentile for weight and length! They told me her weight for height percentile is good so I don't have to be worried or wake her up at night either. My son was always very skinny as well so I guess my fantasy of a chunky baby with rolls won't happen this time around either. Still in Nb clothes.

4. josina

pomegranate / 3973 posts

@Ajsmommy: hope your appointment goes well tomorrow!
    @gilmoregirl: sucks your appt. Is so late but glad you're confident about his weight gain. Sounds like a big boy.
    @maggierose: yes, so nice, and to know it's fine she only nurses 6-10 min. at a time and that I don't need to push both sides. Her brother was a chunker but she's already beating his weight at that age.
    Sounds like your girl is gaining well too despite being teeny!

5. gentlelunette

kiwi / 698 posts

@josina: great stats! We don't have our one month until next week when J will be 5 weeks. I'm bummed because I'd love to know how much she's grown, but my midwife is away this week. πŸ˜• I'm going to be SO sad to pack away the clothes because this is very likely our last too. It's already going by too quickly for my liking!

@Ajsmommy: hope your appointment goes well today!

@gilmoregirl: I'm annoyed ours is so late too. I'm guessing J is over 8lbs, maybe close to 9. She seems like she's gotten really big really quickly. Lol!

@maggierose: sounds like some good growth for you too! My DD1 was a skinny baby too... we only ever manage led the single thigh roll. lol. I'm thinking DD2 might just be my chunker despite starting out a whole pound less than her big sister!

6. gilmoregirl

persimmon / 1273 posts

@maggierose: growth is good! And sleep! My guys have both gained weight fast early but B slowed waaay down after 3-4 months. No chunky babes here either - long string beans.

7. gilmoregirl

persimmon / 1273 posts

@gentlelunette: I am constantly torn between wanting to savor the last newborn I'll have and wanting to just get through these tough early weeks. I will not miss the evening fussiness and hours-long bedtimes. But packing up the newborn stuff was totally sad.

8. gentlelunette

kiwi / 698 posts

@gilmoregirl: oh totally. Two nights ago I was complaining about the newborn fussiness that was going on hour 4. Last night I was snuggling her with tears in my eyes telling my husband I want to keep her this tiny forever! ❀ It's notnhelping that DD1 is turning two on Tuesday so I'm feeling nostalgic and a bit heartbroken at how quickly her first two years have gone!

9. Ajsmommy

pomegranate / 3355 posts

My mighty might is 7lb 14oz and 21 inches

Very happy considering he lost weight while incubated! He's up over a lb from his birth weight and is two inches longer

10. gilmoregirl

persimmon / 1273 posts

@Ajsmommy: hooray! Congrats on some good growth. How are things going? Have you guys gotten back into a routine?

11. gilmoregirl

persimmon / 1273 posts

@gentlelunette: aww yes I feel you. I did not get that emotional over B's first birthday but his upcoming 3rd birthday is bringing up a lot of feelings. He is just getting so big.

12. gentlelunette

kiwi / 698 posts

@Ajsmommy: that is awesome! So great to hear T is growing so well!

@gilmoregirl: seriously! It's like we're on a fast track to her going to university. Hahaha.

13. gilmoregirl

persimmon / 1273 posts

Well we had our one month appointment finally (at almost 6 weeks). T is 11 lbs 2 oz abs 23 inches with a 99% head. Both my boys had big heads and I have the 3rd degree tears to back it up.

We did end up getting a prescription for Zantac and I'm interested to see how it helps. His breathing issues combined with the reflux seem to be causing some discomfort and the pediatrician strongly recommended it. I can hear him refluxing pretty often but it's hard to figure out everything that's going on.

14. gilmoregirl

persimmon / 1273 posts

T will be almost 3 months before he gets in for his 2 month appointment. Part of this is because he needs to wait at least a month from today before they will schedule. But then it's another week and a half before I could get in with his doctor. I realllly like this particular doctor but apparently he has become popular. We started seeing him 2 years ago when he was new and I knew then he was going to get more popular...I miss when he was easy to schedule! I'm tempted to try another doc, but I really love our current doc, so I don't know.

15. Pumuckl

pomegranate / 3601 posts

@gilmoregirl: I think if you don't have any concerns like weight gain etc I would stick to your doc. It's so important to feel well taken care of. Sorry about the reflux- hope the meds will make him feel better.

16. Pumuckl

pomegranate / 3601 posts

@Ajsmommy: I somehow missed all the updates here! Glad T is doing well! Awesome weight gain and growth!

As for us J seems to be taking after big bro and is growing like a weed length wise, he's up by over 3 inches since birth! Both kiddos weighed in exactly the same yesterday at 9lbs and 1oz. So they're up 4 lbs since birth. Crazy how big they have become! They don't have any newborn features anymore, they're little babies now!

17. Ajsmommy

pomegranate / 3355 posts

@Pumuckl: thanks!!

We had this appt with the cardiologist Tuesday and he weighed 8lb10oz!!! I don't belive it though...how did he gain That much in only 5 days?? It's awesome if he did!!

He passed the cardiologist appt. We go back in two weeks and he'll have an echo done at that time. That will give us more info on the hole. The hope is that it's getting smaller!!! Fingers crossed

18. gilmoregirl

persimmon / 1273 posts

@Pumuckl: thanks, that is my gut too, I just hate that it's so difficult to schedule with him. There are other docs in the practice that I like too, but there are things that only this doctor does that I like (such as doing exams while my toddler sits on my lap) that make me want to stick with him.

@Pumuckl: do you have long babies too? T is outgrowing clothes because he is soo long. Big brother was also like that, but it evened out somewhere around 18 months because he is not tall now. I'm interested to see where T ends up.

@Ajsmommy: maybe the scale was slightly off in one direction? Like if he was super wiggly? But a pound doesn't sound impossible in that time frame with growth spurts etc. hope you continue to get good news from the cardiologist!

19. gilmoregirl

persimmon / 1273 posts

@Beehive: how do you get your kiddo to take the Zantac? T makes the worst faces and screams his head off. I feel so bad. I've been squirting fit into the back of his cheek and blowing on his face so I think he's getting it, but he's gagging it down

20. Beehive

nectarine / 2054 posts

@gilmoregirl: Does your LO take a pacifier? I've been putting the pacifier almost in place, squirting it in the back of her cheek, then pushing the pacifier all the way in so she starts sucking on it and swallows the medicine. Otherwise she spits it right out!

21. josina

pomegranate / 3973 posts

@gilmoregirl: ouch with the big head! Are you healing okay?
    I would stick with the Dr. You like for now and just schedule early. We do have our main Dr. But I also use another Dr. If the first is busy (vacation) or if I have a sick baby and need to use whoever is available. I like both equally.

@Pumuckl: I know, they grow sooo fast!

@Ajsmommy: fingers crossed the hole is shrinking! DD gained 2+ lbs in 3 weeks, so that weight gain could be right. Great job!

22. Pumuckl

pomegranate / 3601 posts

@gilmoregirl: I have long and peanut sized babies B has always been above the 95% for weight and height. J1 is around the 20% max. So J2 has overtaken F in length a couple of weeks ago. He was shorter than her by a inch!

23. gilmoregirl

persimmon / 1273 posts

@Pumuckl: how funny that they are so differently, though certainly that is how fraternal twins work. I am finding it very fun to see how B and T are similar and different - and I hate to admit how many times I've called my second by B's name

@josina: I actually feel fine. I have nothing to compare it to, but the third degree tear has never been that painful for me. Slows me down a lot, but I've been fortunate.

@Beehive: sadly, he does not take a pacifier though I keep trying and trying. I've managed to get the meds in him but he gags so much. It will be worth it if it helps him.

24. Pumuckl

pomegranate / 3601 posts

@gilmoregirl: yes I find it kind of funny that they are most similar to their same sex siblings. It'll be scary to feed these two boys as teenagers B is around 43-44 inches currently and 46lbs. He'll turn 4 in two weeks time. Although he got quite the headstart since he was over 8lbs at birth and 22.75"! Hope the trying the paci will eventually lead to T taking it. We somehow do fine with the names for the boys but both of us have often confused the girls...

@Ajsmommy: I would also say it might well be that he really gained this much. Mine gain around 9oz per week. And B once gained a whooping pound a week, so can totally happen. Glad the cardiologist appointment went well and definitely keeping my fingers crossed that the hole closes. Is he on medication for it or is just wait and see for now? I was wondering why the hole wasn't caught in the u/s during pregnancy - wouldn't it have shown up on the doppler at the anatomy scan? Please excuse if that's a supid question...

25. Ajsmommy

pomegranate / 3355 posts

@gilmoregirl: my dh said the scales might have been a little different... But either way he gained which is good. So one could be a little low the other a little high....
    @josina: thanks
    @Pumuckl: I was wondering that same thing about his hole being missed on ALL of those ultrasounds I had!!! I had one every 4 weeks and then one every week at the end.... It was never seen.

He is not on meds yet. They want to see what happens with it first. It's really a wait and see game which sucks. We're gonna be monitored for quite a while as far as I can tell and there's no real time frame for closure (meaning an end in sight...not closure of his hole...but that too...lol)

26. Pumuckl

pomegranate / 3601 posts

@Ajsmommy: that's so interesting about it never being seen. Hope you do find closure (in all meanings of the word) soon.

27. Ajsmommy

pomegranate / 3355 posts

@Pumuckl: yeah...like why was I monitored so much if they didn't even catch the issue?!!!

28. gilmoregirl

persimmon / 1273 posts

@Ajsmommy: I didn't even consider it that way, but yeah, definitely good regardless. Both of my boys have made jumps like that at times so it is definitely possible even if it seems like a lot. What a bummer that they didn't catch the hole with all of that monitoring. Is there anything you could have done sooner? It would certainly have been nice to know about.

. @Pumuckl: ha, my B was 8.5 lbs ans 22 inches at birth and slowed way down! He's only 3 but is like 30 lbs and 36 inches? I'm guessing though. He was always 80-90% and then dropped to being 40%. It must be so fun with your kids to see who is similar and different and in what ways. I'm enjoying it so much with my two little guys.

29. gentlelunette

kiwi / 698 posts

Whoa, I'm way behind on this thread!

@gilmoregirl: those are great stats. He's growing so well. I'd be inclined to just wait to see the normal doctor, especially since there are no pressing issues. I really hope the Zantac helps ease the discomfort, and that he starts taking it soon! With my daughter I found I had to tuck the syringe along the side of her cheek and just squirt it... but she really didn't like that!

@Pumuckl: sounds like the twins are doing amazing! That's awesome. Isn't it crazy how much they change in such a short amount of time?

@Ajsmommy: that growth is totally possible... especially if he's making up for lost time while in the hospital. Great job, T! Hopefully the echo in a couple weeks shows the hole is closing 🀞It does seem a little crazy that they missed that on al your ultrasounds!

30. gentlelunette

kiwi / 698 posts

J had her 4 week check up today with the midwives (at 5 weeks old πŸ™„) and she's doing great! She was 9lbs 2oz, so she's gained 1lb 15oz in 3 weeks. I was floored, because DD1 was such a slow grower due to her reflux. So far, they have been very different babies! We've had a fussy couple of days, today especially. She barely slept longer than 20 minutes at each nap, but after picking up big sis after daycare she was sound asleep in the car seat. I left her in there while I cooked dinner, played with DD1, did the dishes and put DD1 to bed and she's still asleep as I type this! It's only been a 3h nap, but this is usually when she's up and super fussy, so I'm being thrown for a bit of a loop! Babies are so unpredictable!

31. Pumuckl

pomegranate / 3601 posts

@gentlelunette: I love when they sleep through witching hour! Older J never really had one but the twins definitely do. They somehow are taking turns who is more fussy. Currently it's F's turn.

F sometimes spits pretty big amounts of milk back out while still attached to the boob. She'll get back on the boob and proceeds to eat, so I don't think she is overeating. Anyone ever had that happen? Not sure what is causing it?

32. Pumuckl

pomegranate / 3601 posts

@Ajsmommy: Did different people do the scans or was it always the same person?

33. gilmoregirl

persimmon / 1273 posts

@gentlelunette: love that kind of nap! Enjoy! T passed out last night at 7 pm and slept till midnight. Every other night this week, he hasn't settled for bed until 10 pm. It was so freeing, I didn't know what to do with myself! Now I'm sure it will be weeks before it happens again

@Pumuckl: Not exactly the same, but T always wants to eat more after vomiting. He's been throwing up large amounts pretty regularly (every few days) but he does have some reflux issues. I've always wondered if he empties his belly and is hungry again? And the doctor said it can be soothing - breast milk helps with any throat irritation.

34. gilmoregirl

persimmon / 1273 posts

I am having significantommy brain lately. Anyone else? I am repeating myself, forgetting what I'm doing I the middle or it, switching words around. It makes me feel crazy. I'm pretty organized normally, so it is really disorienting to feel so scattered.

35. Pumuckl

pomegranate / 3601 posts

@gilmoregirl: while I do fine with words, my memory is terrible. So I will usually remember someone told me something I cannot remember what it was.

36. gentlelunette

kiwi / 698 posts

@gilmoregirl: I have mega mommybrain. Sometimes I just trail off in the middle of a sentence because I lose my thought! It's amazing though... I can remember the tiniest details with regards to some things, but other things just slip out of my brain.

37. gentlelunette

kiwi / 698 posts

How's everyone doing?

38. Beehive

nectarine / 2054 posts

@gentlelunette: Doing well! We had our 2-month checkup yesterday, A is gaining nicely, 10 pounds 13 oz. We started prevacid for her reflux, just a tiny bit once a day until she's 10 weeks old and then they can increase the dose, so we'll see if that helps. Continuing with the zantac in the afternoon and evening. The worst part about the meds is that we need to wait 30 minutes before feeding her. She doesn't like that!

She still has some feeds that are a bit of a struggle, and she's sometimes quite fussy in the evenings (though I guess that's normal for a 7-8 week old anyway), but I feel much better now that I know she's getting enough to eat.

She's been smiling a lot and even laughing a bit, it's so cute. Her sleep is very good at the moment, a 5 hour stretch is normal followed by a couple hours. She gave us another 7 hour stretch last night, her third one (not in a row though). I've been putting her down for naps in the crib, swaddled (for her first two naps of the day at least), and it's been working very well. She often needs the pacifier to fall asleep again when she comes out of her first sleep cycle, but if we push through (and reinsert her pacifier 500 times) we generally get a nice long nap in the crib now.

I hope everyone else is doing well!

39. gilmoregirl

persimmon / 1273 posts

Six weeks is kicking my butt today so I have my fingers crossed it's just the growth spurt/fussy peak/wonder week that everyone likes to talk about. I'd like to sleep more than 2 hours at a time or spend less than 3 hours putting the baby to bed please.

40. Pumuckl

pomegranate / 3601 posts

Things are going well here. They still sleep a lot, eat 5 times a day and gaining weight well.
    I must admit though that feeding two is physically way more exhausting than I thought it would be. It's also hard when you're feeding one child and the other is crying all throughout it. We have our 1st round of vaccines coming up this Friday- yuck.

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee