Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

February 2017 moms!

1. Ajsmommy

pomegranate / 3355 posts

@gentlelunette: nope....... Ugh... But epidural is in, Foley bulbs are in and pitocin is going.... Still looking like only 3 cm though

2. gentlelunette

kiwi / 698 posts

@Ajsmommy: oh dear. That must be so frustrating for you!! I really hope things speed up and you get to meet your precious baby soon! Hang in there. Sending you good vibes!

3. Beehive

nectarine / 2054 posts

@Ajsmommy: That's so frustrating! Thinking of you and sending good labor vibes...

4. josina

pomegranate / 3973 posts

@gentlelunette: still the same at my appointment so all the contractions did nothing. Dr. Is estimating her at 8 to 8-1/2 lbs already. My BP was a little high. Did do a membrane sweep. Going on at 5 am Sunday for my induction. So ready to meet her!
    @Ajsmommy: boo. So sorry! I jinxed you by putting the birth date too early!

5. gentlelunette

kiwi / 698 posts

@josina: ugh, so frustrating when she contractions don't do anything! I'm so excited for you to meet her too. Enjoy your day tomorrow! Any special plans?

6. Ajsmommy

pomegranate / 3355 posts

He's here. Tyler Thomas was born at 943 pm after a two day induction and two pushes. 6lb8oz 19in

7. gilmoregirl

persimmon / 1273 posts

@Ajsmommy: congrats!!! I'm glad he's finally here. You guys are both troupers.

@josina: good luck tomorrow! You're already pretty dilated right? I hope it's quick for you.

8. oskarsmommy

kiwi / 625 posts

@Ajsmommy: congratulations!!!! Happy to see you at the end of that very long road

9. josina

pomegranate / 3973 posts

@gentlelunette: spent the day getting some last minute things done, relaxing, and enjoying the 60° weather. Now to bed early!
    @gilmoregirl: I am 3-1/2, she didn't tell me what I was effaced. Hopefully it goes as well as the first one!

10. gentlelunette

kiwi / 698 posts

@josina: good luck today!! Hope everything is underway and you have your babe in your arms soon!

11. Pumuckl

pomegranate / 3601 posts

So my older LOs have successfully passed their snotty noses/colds on to the babies. Yikes...
    Poor babies, luckily so far they don't have a fever and the older two were over their colds pretty fast so I am hoping the twins will be over it quickly too.

12. josina

pomegranate / 3973 posts

officially joining the MoTN club...
    @Pumuckl: oh no to sickness! Hopefully everyone is better soon.

Doing good here since I finally got a glorious 3 hrs sleep, after I broke down and gave a bottle of formula at 1am. Baby girl cluster fed from 3-7 this morning and then basically the rest of the day. I hope my milk comes in sooner than later with all the extra nursing.
    I'll write up a birth story when I get to a computer...
    @Ajsmommy: how are you and baby doing?

13. Pumuckl

pomegranate / 3601 posts

@josina: oh so sorry about the cluster feeding. Glad you had formula on hand to help out. FX that your milk comes in soon.

14. gilmoregirl

persimmon / 1273 posts

@Pumuckl: poor babies and poor mom. Hope it passes quickly. My oldest has been pretty snotty this week and it's rough keeping on top of hand washing and such.

@josina: it's amazing how good 3 hours can feel after the crazy early days. We've been cluster feeding from 8-11 pm most nights but it seems to be a little better now that he's approaching two weeks. My biggest struggle is not being able to go back to sleep after the 5-6 am feeding. B has been waking up earlier than usual and it is hard.

15. gentlelunette

kiwi / 698 posts

@Pumuckl: oh boo! Hopefully the babies pass the cold quickly. DD1 has a runny nose and a fever yesterday and I was so stressed out! Fever is gone, and I'm hoping my immunities keep the cold away from J.

@josina: cluster feeding is so tiring. We cluster feed every night from 7-11pm and it's so exhausting! Fortunately for us, it's meant she can get by on slightly longer stretches of sleep in the night.

@gilmoregirl: same story over here. DD1 woke up at the butt crack of dawn today just as I was trying to fall back asleep from our early morning feed. Ah well.

As for us, things are going pretty well. J is nursing really well and my nips are recovering from the cracks that showed up after my milk came in and our latch really suffered due to engorgement. I noticed J had a pretty distended belly this morning. She hasn't pooped since 10pm last night so my midwife is on her way over to give her a once over. She's had two very tiny poops since I paged but her belly still feels a bit hard so I'm happy to have someone come to check her out and put my mind at ease!

16. gilmoregirl

persimmon / 1273 posts

Jokes on me because he has not been off the boob since early o'clock. That'll teach me to write anything about improving.

17. gilmoregirl

persimmon / 1273 posts

@gentlelunette: do you have a midwife who does home visits? That's super cool. My guy has something possibly weird going on with his cord stump and I can't decide if I need to take him in. I'd like to avoid it so it's wait and see for now.

18. gentlelunette

kiwi / 698 posts

@gilmoregirl: I do! Midwifery care in Ontario is really fantastic. We get home visits on day 1,2,4 and between 7-10 (standard). You can also page with concerns... like today. My midwife came over today to check J out. Of course, she pooped 4 times while she was here. 😂 Then we'll have routine follow up appointments at 2, 4, 6 weeks in the clinic before we're discharged from care. It's wonderful to know that I can call them for anything postpartum related for 6 weeks. They also provide breastfeeding support if needed. I can't say enough wonderful things about it.

Sounds like you've got a growth spurt going on! Hope the stump doesn't become an issue... maybe give it another day?

19. Pumuckl

pomegranate / 3601 posts

@gentlelunette: @gilmoregirl: we have a very similar setup here. For the first days the midwife comes every day and then like 2-3 times a week before it becomes weekly and then it is up to you whether you want additional visits. They're also available once solids start. Our midwife was here 3 times two weeks ago, twice last week and will be here once this week as well as next week.
    It definitely is so reassuring to have someone to go to with questions etc.

@gilmoregirl: I can pass on what my midwife said regarding umbilical stump: don't worry about it unless it turns red around it

20. gentlelunette

kiwi / 698 posts

@Pumuckl: that's even better! It's neat that they're available when you start solids. That can be a scary time, especially for FTMs. I love my midwives soo much. I'll be sad not to see them anymore!

21. gentlelunette

kiwi / 698 posts

How is everyone doing?

We just had our Day 7 check up and I'm so excited... J has already regained her birth weight! She was 6lb 11.5oz today, 0.5oz more than birth weight. She's been nursing like a champ. S is still being really difficult with us, and I'm really emotional about it, but I keep reminding myself it's only been a week and we're all adjusting. I'm getting a decent amount of sleep, because I sleep with J on my chest 😬 Not following the rules, I know, but it's working for us and everybody is happy!

22. gilmoregirl

persimmon / 1273 posts

@gentlelunette: @Pumuckl: Your midwife care sounds great!

@Pumuckl: Thanks for the info. I have a booklet that mentions a couple things to look for, but that advice is simpler. There's been some dried blood but no active bleeding and it's not infection red. I think maybe it will fall off soon.

@gentlelunette: hooray for making it back to birth weight. That is such a relief. I'm sorry S is having a hard time. It is a lot for everyone to adjust to. B had definitely been clingy but we have been getting by. It will be harder I think when my husband goes back to work and B goes part time at daycare.

We are doing ok. T seems headed toward a 9 pm bedtime and sometimes even 8:30 which helps me get a little more sleep. He's done a couple of 4+ stretches at night but last night was up every three hours. Naps are a little more hit or miss. Today is good; yesterday was tough.

My BIL and his wife brought us dinner last night but didn't come over until lik 7... so bedtime got a little silly. Looking forward to a quieter night tonight.

23. gentlelunette

kiwi / 698 posts

@gilmoregirl: that's great that you're starting I notice some kind of schedule. We're all over the map here. Some nights it's just purecluster feeding, but last night she didn't and we got three 3-3.5 hour chunks of sleep. Naps are so random, and she exclusively sleeps in my arms. My first was the same. If I put her down, it's eyes open and then I have to jump through hoops to get her back to sleep. I'll work on some better sleep habits in a few weeks. Lol!

24. Pumuckl

pomegranate / 3601 posts

@gentlelunette: that's pretty much exactly the same weight as J today We weren't at the doc though we have a babyscale a friend borrowed us. So glad you're past the birth weight!

@gilmoregirl: yes it might. It fell of at around 10 days for us. F still has one spot were there is some dried blood which doesn't go away even when bathed.

We're having a not so nice development here, the twins usually eat between 4 and 5pm. The older two get home around 5pm too. Which usually leads to the babies not sleeping and thus a full blown witching hour 😳🙁😞 Not sure how to change it though since moving up the feed would mean the twins wanting to eat during the older two's bedtime.

25. Ajsmommy

pomegranate / 3355 posts

Love all the updates!!! So we have a birth story board or are we just posting here? I need to write mine before it gets too foggy

As for us, things are going very well. Tyler is nursing like a champ, my milk came in on day 2, way faster than the first time. He was 6lb3oz when we left the hospital and yesterday at check up he was 6lb6oz so the dr was very happy.

We aren't on any schedule That I can see... Nursing every 1-3 hrs and cluster feeding in the evening. Which is a slight issue wth dd's bedtime. But we're working it out.

DD has been way better than I could have ever imagined or hoped for. She's so amazingly happy and loving to him it's Beautiful. We had planned to send her to daycare this week but since my mom is here we've kept her home. So next week could bring some issues... But hopefully not

We've been going to bed around 10 and getting 3-4 hr stretch then anther 2 hour stretch. I'll take it for a newborn!!

I am also feeling better in my recovery this time. I think only two pushes really helps!!! I'm already down to only panty liners for the bleeding and its really not too painful.

Ok...time to grab a nap!!

26. josina

pomegranate / 3973 posts

Finally made it back to a computer now that Em isn't nursing around the clock.
    @Ajsmommy: i just posted my birth story on a separate post on the Feb. 2017 board.. it was a tad long, but I'll print it out for her baby book.
    Glad everything is going well for you!

Pretty similar for us, big brother first said we should take her back, but the next morning decided he will love her forever, he loves to 'pet' her head and hold her and we haven't seen any jealousy issues yet.
    He will be staying home with me/her for most of my time off, maybe once/week in daycare so he's not a total stranger when he goes back. My first day alone with both kiddos will be Monday.
    Em was born 7 lbs 3 oz, was 6 lbs 15 at discharge, and 6 lbs 11 the next day so we had to go back in today and she was slightly up enough that we're good until her 1 month appt.
    Jealous of you ladies that have in-home appointments since we had to drive 40 min. each way for today's 10 min. appt.
    She is a tad jaundiced but the dr. wasn't concerned.
    Nursing about every 2 hours during the day, and 4 hours at night, I could only be so lucky to have that last!

27. josina

pomegranate / 3973 posts

@gentlelunette: Awesome that J is back up to birth weight, so sorry that S isn't taking the change very well. Wish it could all be easy! These first weeks are all about survival!

@gilmoregirl: Nice to getting dinner but not so nice to the late hour! We had some friends that wanted to visit last night and it was past 7, thank goodness they cancelled.

@Pumuckl: Hopefully that schedule works itself out!

28. gilmoregirl

persimmon / 1273 posts

@Pumuckl: how's the schedule now? That sounds really tough to juggle.

@Ajsmommy: bedtime has been hard here too! We are doing ok because we can just split the kids, but I'm whiny and missing reading with B.

@josina: I'm glad your son is adjusting well. I'm on my own for the first time on Friday next week and kinda looking forward to getting it over with. I'm nervous but also I'm sure it will be fine. Just need to figure out a new balance.

Got 4 hour stretches from T last night but I am feeling exhausted today. The weather is beautiful here so we are going to try to go to a park and dinner tonight. T is super easy at night but has been much less sleepy during the day. He makes us work for a nap! My magic bullet has been the wrap - puts him right to sleep. I never used one with my first who hated it but this time it has been indispensable!

29. gilmoregirl

persimmon / 1273 posts

Oh I also went out today and had my hair cut for the first time since before I got pregnant I can't believe I let it go that long but I feel sooo much better now. Just need to do color and I'll be somewhat back to normal (aside from the baby weight and the belly of course haha).

30. gentlelunette

kiwi / 698 posts

@josina: thanks. The last few days, S has been doing so much better so I'm hoping things are settling down a little bit for her. This morning and last night after daycare we're so calm and lovely... it was great. I'm glad your DS is doing so well with the transition

@gilmoregirl: I can't wait until I can wear J. She's still on the small side, but I'm thinking once we crack 7lbs I'll try her in the ring sling. I need both my hands back!

31. gentlelunette

kiwi / 698 posts

We've had a bit of a scare the last couple days. J's been ridiculouslyncongested and her breathing has seemed very laboured to me. My midwife keeps reassuring me that her lungs are clear, her colour is good, no fever and her output is great so there's no need to worry. This morning she was sputtering milk when nursing and really having a hard time feeding. I took her for a second opinion with my doctor and he agreed with my midwife, so I guess she's fine, just super congested. S has been a snot machine the last few days so maybe she caught this from her. I'm doing a lot of saline and snot sucking and steamy showers and hoping this passes soon!

32. gilmoregirl

persimmon / 1273 posts

@gentlelunette: is there a minimum weight or is it your comfort? My babies were both 8+ lbs so I never even considered it. B liked the ergo once he was big enough to sit up and see out (4 months maybe?) but T is a snuggler and this wrap has been clutch.

33. gilmoregirl

persimmon / 1273 posts

@gentlelunette: oh how scary! I hope it turns out to be nothing. We had oxygen levels checked in the hospital for noisy breathing and he was checked out by his pediatrician at 5 days and everything seems fine. But his breathing gets really noisy sometimes and it makes me nervous!

34. gentlelunette

kiwi / 698 posts

@gilmoregirl: I'm pretty sure the recommended weight for my sling and Beco Soleil are both 8lbs. S was 7lb11 so we were able to baby wear pretty early on by J is so tiny still!

35. Pumuckl

pomegranate / 3601 posts

@gilmoregirl: @gentlelunette: wrapping was a lifesaver with LO2 when she was a newborn. I haven't attempted to tandem carry yet. I have carried J the other day when he was fussy during the day. He's not quite at 7lbs and it was fine. I use a normal woven wrap though.

Currently the schedule is very fluid we just stick to the 4h interval. Today was a little easier since daycare finishes an hour earlier Fridays.

36. Ajsmommy

pomegranate / 3355 posts

@gentlelunette: wow, hope she gets all cleared up soon

37. Beehive

nectarine / 2054 posts

@gentlelunette: Oh no, I hope the congestion clears up soon! @gilmoregirl: I also had a haircut the other day - it's so nice to start to feel a little bit normal again (apart from being covered in milk and spitup most of the time, of course!).

I think we might be dealing with a bit of reflux - a couple days ago A really struggled with her late evening feed, popping off and on and crying, like she wanted to drink more but couldn't. She also had a giant spit-up. I called the pediatrician and they said to give her Maalox or Mylanta and see if it helps (apparently it coats the throat and esophagus and makes eating more comfortable), and she was fine after that. Last night she had trouble with the same feeding, so we'll see what happens tonight.

I've also noticed that she starting to get less sleepy now at 3.5 weeks old - still sleeps in big chunks during the day, but her time awake is a bit longer and she's starting to be more alert. Has anyone else noticed a change yet?

38. gentlelunette

kiwi / 698 posts

@gilmoregirl: @Ajsmommy: @Beehive: thanks. Things seems to be clearing up veeeeerrrrrrry slowly. Between J's congested breathing and DH's ridiculous snoring it's actually a miracle I'm getting any rest. LOL.

J slept in the bassinet for 3 hours last night. Considering she hasn't slept anywhere but my/DH's arms since she was born, I'm calling it a win!

39. gentlelunette

kiwi / 698 posts

@Beehive: Sorry to hear you might be dealing with reflux. DD1 had reflux and it was really hard, hers didn't get terrible until about 9 weeks, but she did spit up like it was going out of style from the get-go. We had her on baby Zantac until about 5/6 months old, which definitely helped.

40. gentlelunette

kiwi / 698 posts

@gilmoregirl: I think both my ring sling and Beco Soleil have a weight minimum of 8lbs. We have our 2 week check up on Thursday and I think depending on J's weight, I'll see if the midwives will clear us for babywearing anyway. DD1 was 7lb11 at birth so we were wearing almost immediately. It's so different with J being so tiny!

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee