Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

February 2017 moms!

1. nana87

cantaloupe / 6171 posts

@WyattnewbabysMama: @gilmoregirl: congratulations to both of you!!!!

@maggierose: aww I'm sure he'll warm up to her soon!

Still no action here. I think I'm leaning towards letting my dr induce on Monday at 41 weeks, but crossing my fingers that baby decides to make an appearance before then!

2. gentlelunette

kiwi / 698 posts

@nana87: sorry to hear babe still hasn't made an appearance. Hopefully you go into labour soon! Opting for the induction sounds good to me- I can't really imagine going to 42 weeks. I know you were trying to avoid medical interventions, so I can understand your reluctance!

3. nana87

cantaloupe / 6171 posts

@gentlelunette: I would like to try for no meds, but I do know from last time that my body did well w induction. Plus w it scheduled, we'd have everything planned logistically for lo1-- my parents would stay over and take her to daycare Monday am, I could put her to bed Sunday night and prep her so that she'd know when I'm going to the hospital

4. gentlelunette

kiwi / 698 posts

@nana87: That is definitely appealing! I'm a bit worried about what we're going to do with LO1 as there isn't much of a plan other than "Call everyone and see who is free". Haha. Plus, at 41w your body is likely to respond well to an induction. Hopefully it all works out!

5. Beehive

nectarine / 2054 posts

@WyattnewbabysMama: @gilmoregirl: Congratulations!! Hope everything is going well!
    @nana87: Not the same situation as I wasn't overdue, but I'm glad I went for an induction - it really was great to plan what to do with DS (as we were in the same boat as @gentlelunette: - call everyone and see who is free!), and to travel to the hospital while not in labor. If you have already started to make progress, maybe all they will need to do is some limited interventions like break your water to get things going?
    @maggierose: I'm sorry the meeting didn't go well - I'm sure when you are all settled in at home it will be easier and less scary for your son!

6. Ajsmommy

pomegranate / 3355 posts

Congrats new (again) mama's!! Yay! I knew we'd have some babies showing up. Can't wait to read all of your birth stories.

Nothing baby related here... Dd woke with sore ears so to the dr we went = double ear infection. Poor girl!!

7. gentlelunette

kiwi / 698 posts

I'm in the most rotten mood. I am SO over this. I know I don't have much to complain about since I haven't hit my due date yet, but I am just so bloody uncomfortable. I wake up at 4:45am every day without fail and can't fall back asleep. My back is killing me. My DD has been ridiculously clingy and DH has a man cold and seems to think that warrants being the world's biggest baby. He fails to notice the fact that I'm almost 40 weeks pregnant and has the audacity to complain about his runny nose and sore throat (that I also have and don't complain about). I just want baby here so badly!

8. josina

pomegranate / 3973 posts

@maggierose: aww, so sorry their first meeting didn't go well. 😢
    @WyattnewbabysMama: @gilmoregirl: congrats!!
    @nana87: hopefully you can be happy with either decision (or baby comes today so you don't have to make one!!) My first induction went to well that if I make it till Friday I will schedule one again for the 19th at 39+4. So much easier/less to worry about for us.
    @Ajsmommy: oh no to another sick little one!
    @gentlelunette: the comment on DHs cold made me lol. Sorry husband's you are not allowed to complain about anything right now! 😝

AFM the constant BH contractions are driving me crazy, I feel like I've been doing crunches for days. Ready for the real thing!

9. gilmoregirl

persimmon / 1273 posts

Ugh lost my post.

I found out I was group b + when I was admitted and I didn't get all the antibiotics in soon enough before delivery. We are supposed to be here a full 48 hrs (10:30 pm) to watch for infection but the pediatrician fortunately just signed off on a 7-8 pm discharge. We are so ready to get home and poor B misses us a lot.

Hope everyone is hanging in. There should be a lot of babies this week!

10. gentlelunette

kiwi / 698 posts

@josina: lol, he has since stopped the whining so I think the death stares I was giving him were sending the right message! 😂

@gilmoregirl: glad you get to go home a bit early! Hope the adjustment home goes well

11. gentlelunette

kiwi / 698 posts

We got a giant dump of snow today so we went for a walk/with DD. Naturally, I fell hard on my butt. I've been doing a kick count and babe is moving well, so I'm not overly worried. Should have known better!

12. Beehive

nectarine / 2054 posts

@gentlelunette: Ouch!! It sounds like you fell on a good spot though - hope you don't get too bruised. Winter pregnancies/babies... so many minefields!
    @gilmoregirl: I'm glad you get to go home soon! Being at the hospital is no fun...

13. nana87

cantaloupe / 6171 posts

We decided to go for the induction tomorrow morning and I feel good about that! It's funny though, after being so impatient to get things rolling this past week of being overdue, now that it's scheduled and known I'm feeling emotional about today being lo1's last day as an only child! Trying to savor being able to give her all my attention. We had a really nice morning of brunch + Natural History Museum, and will prob just have a quiet afternoon after nap since the weather is gross (freezing rain, yuck!). Dh and I have never both been away overnight and we'll need to leave for the hospital before she wakes, so it's also making me sad that she'll wake up and probably be confused that we aren't here (my parents will sleep over).

@gentlelunette: ouch about falling! and lol about the man cold. dh has excema on his hand and was whining about it last night, but with my ridiculously itchy skin all over I just called him straight out for complaining in a joking way.

14. Beehive

nectarine / 2054 posts

@nana87: Oh boy, good luck tomorrow! I hope your induction goes very smoothly and your baby is in your arms soon!

15. josina

pomegranate / 3973 posts

@nana87: hope the induction goes well tomorrow and glad you got to enjoy the day with DD.

16. nana87

cantaloupe / 6171 posts

@Beehive: @josina: thanks!!

17. gilmoregirl

persimmon / 1273 posts

@nana87: good luck tomorrow! I was so nervous leaving my son and we've been away from him for a long weekend before. He's doing well but he definitely knows that this is different. I'm glad you guys had a nice day together today...I'm sure that will help.

@gentlelunette: ouch! I went for a walk to move contractions along and it was so much oxide than I expected. I'm lucky I didn't fall. I'm sure baby is fine but that's no fun.

Home tonight! I can't wait to get out of here. Sad to miss bedtime again though. And I imagine my son will not be thrilled to go to daycare tomorrow but right now we are leaning toward sending him, at least for most of the day.

18. gentlelunette

kiwi / 698 posts

@nana87: sounds like a great day with DD! I totally get the emotions. Every day I wake up thinking "Is today going to be our last day as a family of 3?" and try to have a quiet special moment with DD just in case. Hope everything is smooth sailing tomorrow! Can't wait to hear about it!

19. maggierose

olive / 60 posts

@nana87: Hope everything goes quick and easy for you! Keep us posted. It sounds like you had a special "last only child day" with your LO. It is so bittersweet!

@gilmoregirl: aw. We went my son to daycare the day after I had the baby and I think it was good for him. It's been a long cold weekend here and we are all stir crazy so I'm kinda glad he's going to "school" again tomorrow.

20. gilmoregirl

persimmon / 1273 posts

@maggierose: he was so clingy last week that I am having a ton of mom guilt about sending him off to school. But I think you're right that it will be good for him. The day at home would prob just be frustrating for us all. How are you guys doing now? Is your son adjusting ok?

21. Pumuckl

pomegranate / 3601 posts

@nana87: good luck today. Hope all goes smoothly!

@gilmoregirl: we kept B and J's schedule as normal as possible and they do great with it. If he loves going to daycare not sending him might be counterproductive especially if you plan on sending him during maternity leave.

@gentlelunette: ah I know those sentimental feelings. I made a point of giving both LOs a very tight squeeze before we left for the hospital.

Things here are still going well. They are both gaining weight which I can now check myself as a friend let me borrow her babyscale. Other than that they are still sleeping a lot. So I actually have some spare time since diapering, nursing etc. both of them takes about 60 minutes and they eat every ~4h. I am sure it'll get crazy soon enough so we're enjoying the predictability as long as it lasts. How is nursing working out for those that have had their babies? We're doing pretty good over here and even my bruised right nipple is slowly back to normal.

22. Ajsmommy

pomegranate / 3355 posts

@nana87: thinking of you!!! hope all goes smoothly!!

23. Ajsmommy

pomegranate / 3355 posts

on a side note I posted that this last weekend was our "last weekend as a family of 3" and somehow the masses read that to mean I'd had the baby!!! LOL bunch of eager beavers!

24. gentlelunette

kiwi / 698 posts

@Ajsmommy: lol! That's funny! If I didn't know you were being induced I might make that mistake too! I'm getting SO many annoying text messages from family and friends "Any baby yet???" I want to scream. No. No damn baby. Trust me... you'll know when there's a baby.

@Pumuckl: I'm so glad the twins are doing great! Enjoy the rest while you've got it! You never know... maybe they'll stay on that great routine!

25. gentlelunette

kiwi / 698 posts

@maggierose: I must have missed your post about your son meeting his sister. Sorry the meet didn't go well. Have things gotten any better?

26. gentlelunette

kiwi / 698 posts

@nana87: sending you positive induction vibes this morning!!

27. Ajsmommy

pomegranate / 3355 posts

Hey-- did you or do you plan to get a big sibling gift from the baby??? If so what?

We don't have anything and I'm wondering if it'll help or not?? Although I'm kinda leaning against it

28. Pumuckl

pomegranate / 3601 posts

@Ajsmommy: we did get them something but that was more because B had gotten something when he became a big brother the first time. We got them a building type toy that is called "gears". We've all played a lot with it in the last week.

29. gentlelunette

kiwi / 698 posts

@Ajsmommy: we didn't... I thought about getting her a special stuffy but she has SO many already. I did buy some new and novel toys that I'm thinking I'll bust out if we're having particularly difficult days, but nothing specifically from the baby. I thought she might be too young to get it, but she still remembers who bought her Christmas gifts 2 months later... LOL!

30. josina

pomegranate / 3973 posts

@Ajsmommy: We haven't gotten anything yet, but I may send DH to pick up something for E before we come home with baby. Probably a new truck/tractor/train or Mickey toy, or he's been obsessed with Minions lately so the movie would be a good distraction.
    @gilmoregirl: I think when the time comes I will probably send DS to daycare the day/after we get home so I have some time to settle in with baby. He won't be going full-time though while I'm on leave. Of course I may feel all the guilt and change my mind and keep him.

31. gilmoregirl

persimmon / 1273 posts

@Ajsmommy: We didn't exactly. I got him a coloring book because he's been having a hard time with baby brother getting getting presents and those things not being for him. But I never told him it was from the baby or anything...it was just something for him. I ended up forgetting it when we left for the hospital so he found it, opened it with nana and poopy and doesn't entirely realize it's from me. Ha. I also picked up a copy of Cars because he's been obsessed with Lightning McQueen lately and I thought we could try the movie as something to do while we all recover.

@josina: you know, I think you're all right but we needed up keeping him home today. If we'd been home earlier yesterday, I'd maybe feel differently. But we got in well after bedtime last night and my parents are still here today so it would have been too much to get him out of the house today. He'll go back tomorrow for sure.

@Pumuckl: I'm starting to get a little sore but it's only day three. T is A lot sleepier than my first was but he's starting to nurse a lot during the day. It feels much less overwhelming this time. How's it going with two? That seems like it could be time consuming but you guys are on a good schedule.

32. MrsA

apricot / 444 posts

I'm so behind again!

@nana87: Hope the induction goes smoothly! You'll be meeting your baby so soon!!

@gilmoregirl: Glad you got to leave a little early! I only got one dose of antibiotics but it was all ok. We got to leave after about 30 hours I think? We've sent DD to daycare every day...she thrives on routine and knowing what to expect, so it's been really helpful to keep her schedule. And, I won't lie...it's so nice to get time to get to know DS at home during the weekdays! The weekends are much more hectic

@Pumuckl: Glad to hear the babies are gaining! Nursing is getting better here. DS had an anterior tongue tie that we had revised at 4 days, but I had some damage from it already. My LC came last week and helped me correct his latch, and things are feeling better. Still sore, but better. I don't have any recollection how long I was sore with DD but I remember about 5-6 weeks it magically was better?? I'll keep thinking that!

@Ajsmommy: We got DD a special Big Sister shirt and book, and I left them in a bag for her to open. My sister gave it to her that morning! Nothing big but she liked it.

As for us, we're trucking along. DS has his 2 week appointment this morning and I'm crossing fingers that he's back to his birth weight and I can let him wake up on his own at night. It's about 50/50 on me waking him or him waking up, except for his all-morning feast this am.

We survived breakfast out yesterday (bc we were totally out of anything resembling breakfast food) and then groceries. I'm more comfortable getting out with a baby this time around, but can't help but feel like I'm getting the side eye from people for taking a newborn out. He's tucked up in his carseat or in a wrap on me, and I'm all about the hand sanitizer, so I'm ok with it, but I get a lot of comments about how tiny he is. I'm probably just reading into it.

33. oskarsmommy

kiwi / 625 posts

@MrsA: dropping in here because I stalk th1s board for birth stories!

wanted to say, I bet a lot of what you think is side eye is women like myself staring at you in amazement that you are able to make it out of the house with a newborn at all! With my first I was so proud of myself at 6 weeks for going out to lunch with my mother and the baby! They are just jealous and impressed

34. gentlelunette

kiwi / 698 posts

39+6 today... had a sweep this morning. I'm almost 3cm dilated and cervix is soft. Baby is doing great, despite my little tumble yesterday. Lost some plug this morning and have a tiny bit of blood after my sweep. Going for a massage in an hour. Apparently this lady does an "induction massage" with fair success, but if I go into labour I don't think I'll credit her with it My body is clearly doing something already! It's funny, with DD1, I went into labour after a sweep at 39+6, so it would be funny if history repeats itself (although not as funny if I deliver on 40+1 like last time. Such a long labour! 😩)

35. Beehive

nectarine / 2054 posts

@Ajsmommy: We did get DS a gift from the baby, and brought it with us to the hospital for him to open when he met her. He has been loving knights, dragons and horse figurines from Papo, so we had her give him a new dragon, knight and horse. I think he enjoyed having something to open in the hospital (and a little something to play with while he was visiting).

@MrsA: We have also been much more bold about taking the baby out this time - she has been out to a coffee shop, a restaurant for lunch, on a couple walks outside, and out to dinner last Saturday! I figure why not take advantage of the sleepy newborn days - they are so portable right now. Also I completely agree with you, she is always either in a carrier or in her carseat attached to a stroller, so she's not exposed to any extra germs.

36. gilmoregirl

persimmon / 1273 posts

@MrsA: I agree with @oskarsmommy: ! I took my first to the grocery store at like 3 weeks and got a ton of comments about how others struggled to leave the house for weeks, months, etc. The group b thing was so annoying. He clearly had zero signs of infection but they acted like it was such a gift to let us leave at 45 hours instead of 48. But it's done now and not that big a deal...I just hate getting home from the hospital so late at night. Happened with my first too.

@gentlelunette: This sounds really promising! Good luck!

37. gentlelunette

kiwi / 698 posts

@NorthStar: thinking about you! How are you feeling about your induction tomorrow??

38. josina

pomegranate / 3973 posts

@nana87: I hope today went well and you're holding your new little one!!

@NorthStar: hope tomorrow goes well!

39. Pumuckl

pomegranate / 3601 posts

@NorthStar: Good luck and happy babyday today! Hope all goes well and you have no delays due to emergencies!

40. Ajsmommy

pomegranate / 3355 posts

@NorthStar: thinking of you!!

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee