Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

February 2017 moms!

1. gilmoregirl

persimmon / 1273 posts

@gentlelunette: good luck at your appointment!
    @Ajsmommy: glad everything went well this morning! It sounds promising that you'll make it to induction. I'm schedule for an induction the same day soooo...let's hope I don't make it haha
    @maggierose: I skipped the check at my last appointment because I'm never dilated early and I just didn't want to go there but it sounds like you've made some good progress! Hopefully none of us has to go to 42 weeks.

Not much snow here after all so I guess that Murphy's law stuff didn't apply sadly. I'm feeling pretty crampy this morning which feels like something because it's usually not till the evening that I start feeling much. Hopefully soon! Lots of yoga ball in my day, I think. My husband is feeling way better today, so bring it on baby.

2. gentlelunette

kiwi / 698 posts

@gilmoregirl: let's hope those cramps develop into something! I'm so glad your husband is feeling better. Probably best that baby held off for a bit, as frustrating as it is for you!

I'm willing to bed between the snowstorms and the full moon tomorrow, we're going to have a few more babies soon!

3. josina

pomegranate / 3973 posts

@gentlelunette: Hope your appt. goes well, always good to hear a strong heartbeat.
    @Ajsmommy: Glad your appt. went well and hopefully the next one too!
    @maggierose: Hopefully the 2nd sweep helps!
    @gilmoregirl: YAY, glad your husband is feeling better! And here's hoping the morning cramps mean something! Fingers crossed.

My 38 wk appt is this afternoon. Curious to see if I'm progressing any further (was 3 cm last week) with all these contractions. I've been generally achy 'down there' and (TMI) either have extra chunky spots of discharge or have lost 4 pieces of mucus plug in the past week, still none bloody though.
    DH is on the mend and hopefully we're done with the sickness.

My dreams - every night I dream I'm in labor and wake up to nothing. Tease.

4. gentlelunette

kiwi / 698 posts

@josina: hope your appointment goes well! Any further dilated and you'll practically be in labour! Lol. Sounds like your body is doing a lot of work!

Last night I had a dream my boobs were spraying breast milk. My boobs have been SO sore and heavy the last few days, so I guess my subconscious was imagining they may explode. Lol!

Just had my appointment. Hemoglobin is up, yay! Baby is sounding great. Did a sweep. No further dilation but cervix is soft. Scheduled another for Monday morning. Here's hoping I won't need it!

5. nana87

cantaloupe / 6171 posts

I can't believe all these babies are still sitting cozy!

The worst of the snow storm seems over now and we made it through just fine, even managed to keep lo1 from going too stir crazy for most of it not feeling too much action from this baby though, stilllllll waiting....

6. Ajsmommy

pomegranate / 3355 posts

Phew!!! I made it.... I'm clear to wait until induction date next Thursday!!

7. gilmoregirl

persimmon / 1273 posts

@Ajsmommy: I'm so glad everything is ok!

Someone has got to have a baby soon with so many of us past due! Even if it's not me. (But also get out baby)

8. Ajsmommy

pomegranate / 3355 posts

@gilmoregirl: I know!! some of you have GOT to go before ME!! LOL... I think it'll hit all on one day.. we'll have like 3-4 babies! I can't wait.. but for real, some babies better start droppin

9. NorthStar

pear / 1881 posts

@Ajsmommy: If I am the next one on Tuesday, I will be SO surprised!

How are you guys doing swelling wise? My feet are horrible, but I don't know at what point to be concerned. My doctor doesn't believe in the peeing in a cup to monitor (based upon current research) and my BPs have all been good, but I still can't help but be nervous.

10. Beehive

nectarine / 2054 posts

@NorthStar: This time around I didn't have much swelling, but my feet were quite swollen near the end of my last pregnancy (an October baby). Hopefully if your BP is good and you don't have any other weird symptoms (vision stuff etc), all is fine! That's interesting that your doctor doesn't have you pee in a cup - I hadn't realized there was evidence that it wasn't worth doing.

These are the coziest babies ever! Hope everyone is enjoying what must be the last days of the pregnancy. We're doing well over here, a bit stir crazy with the snow (especially since school was cancelled), but good.

11. maggierose

olive / 60 posts

@gilmoregirl: fingers crossed for you that this is it!

@Ajsmommy: I know! There will
    Be a flurry of babies in one day!

I've been having menstrual cramp type pains for the last few hours. Not regular but definitely happening in intervals and feeling more real than anything before. I don't know if it's from the sweep or something more real. Part of me wants it to be real but the other part is exhausted from this cold and can't imagine handling hours of labor at this rate. Why ok earth did I have to get sick now...

12. gentlelunette

kiwi / 698 posts

@Ajsmommy: yay! Glad you can wait until induction day!

@nana87: come on baby!!

@NorthStar: that would be crazy if we don't see some action before Tuesday! No swelling for me... I didn't seek in either pregnancy though. Last time, it all went to my feet after DD1 was born. My midwife said she usually doesn't worry too much if the feet swell, moreso if the face and eyes get puffy and BP is wonky.

@Beehive: so glad everything is going well with you guys! That's wonderful to hear.

@maggierose: could be it! When I had my sweep at 39+6 with my first, it kickstarted labour. Since your last your EDD, it might have been the thing to get you going. Fingers crossed for you!

13. gilmoregirl

persimmon / 1273 posts

@NorthStar: I have a friend whose feet totally blew up at the end of her pregnancy. I've never seen anything like it. I guess she's just prone to some swelling though because it wasn't a symptom of anything more serious. I've never heard that about peeing in a cup though and now I am intrigued. I hate peeing in a cup.

@maggierose: so sorry you are feeling lousy. I was scared to go into labor last week for the same reason. Hope this is it for you though! We need a baby in here!

I've been keeping it together really well until this afternoon. I think now that everyone in my house is better and I've passed the point when I had my son, I'm feeling a little desperate to get this baby out. I know it has to be soon no matter what...but it's getting to me.

14. Ajsmommy

pomegranate / 3355 posts

@NorthStar: I don't have any swelling. I didn't with dd either. But my coworker swells daily and the dr hasn't been concerned. I think as long as everything else is ok then it's rather normal
    @maggierose: sounds promising!!!
    @gilmoregirl: hang in there!! It can't be much longer

15. josina

pomegranate / 3973 posts

@maggierose: How did the night go? Any 'progress' on the cramps?
    Thinking of all of you over-due mommas!

My appt. was good; dr says baby girl is definitely going to be bigger than DS was (7.3). Eek. I am 3-1/2 / easily stretch to a 4 so at least all the contractions I'm having are doing something. Still 50% effaced.

16. maggierose

olive / 60 posts

Finally, a baby!! Our little girl was born last night around 11pm, 6lbs7oz. Happy and healthy and out in two pushes - in fact I barely made it inside the hospital!!! I am so glad she's here and hope a few more babies join her soon!

17. gentlelunette

kiwi / 698 posts

@maggierose: HOORAY!! Congratulations!! So happy for you!

18. nana87

cantaloupe / 6171 posts

@maggierose: congrats!! So excited for you!

19. josina

pomegranate / 3973 posts

@maggierose: YAY! Congrats!! Can't wait to hear your birth story if you barely made it!!

20. NorthStar

pear / 1881 posts

@maggierose: Congrats!!! we finally have a baby! Let's start this baby train

You will definitely have to post your baby story once you are ready.

21. josina

pomegranate / 3973 posts

Due Dates
    Feb 3 - WifeMama24 (#1)
    Feb 6 - Gilmoregirl (#2) ; nana87 (#2)
    Feb 9 - deerylou (#2)
    Feb 11 - LML (#3 & #4)
    Feb 14 - gentlelunette (#2)
    Feb 16 - NorthStar (#2) C-Section 2/14
    Feb 22 - josina (#2)
    Feb 23 - Ajsmommy (#2) Induction: 2/16
    Feb 24 - Wyattnewbabysmama (#2)

Babies
    Nov - TBUZZ (#3 & #4) Nyla & Laila
    Jan 22 - pumuckl (#3 & #4) J F
    Jan 28 - babybean404 (#2)
    Jan 29 - MrsA (#2) C
    Feb 1 - Beehive (#2)
    Feb 9 - Maggierose (#2)

22. gilmoregirl

persimmon / 1273 posts

@maggierose: YAY you did it!! Congratulations! Can't wait to hear more.

Full moon is doing some work - I've been timing contractions since early this morning. They are steady but not super painful yet. We'll see!

23. Ajsmommy

pomegranate / 3355 posts

@maggierose: yesssss!!!! congrats!!
    @gilmoregirl: yay... lets get these babies rolling!! good luck

24. Beehive

nectarine / 2054 posts

@maggierose: Congratulations!! So glad you made it... Can't wait to hear your story! Enjoy your newborn!

25. MrsA

apricot / 444 posts

@maggierose: yay!! Congratulations mama!!

So excited for more February babies!

26. maggierose

olive / 60 posts

Thanks all!!! Will post story soon!

@gilmoregirl: that's awesome, sounds like this might be it! Fingers crossed for a speedy and easy delivery!!

27. Beehive

nectarine / 2054 posts

@gilmoregirl: Oh boy... good luck! Hope things keep moving and you have an easy labor!

28. gentlelunette

kiwi / 698 posts

@gilmoregirl: Hoping you get to meet your little one soon!!

29. Pumuckl

pomegranate / 3601 posts

@maggierose: Congratulations! Enjoy the newborn cuddles...

@gilmoregirl: Good luck! Hope this is it for you.

30. josina

pomegranate / 3973 posts

@gilmoregirl: Any difference now? Maybe you're having a baby right now.

I'm timing again between 7 and 10 minutes apart but they were this way Sunday night too so not thinking too much into it yet. I am worried I'm not going to realize it's the real thing till its too late since I'm already almost 4 and an hour from the hospital.

31. gentlelunette

kiwi / 698 posts

@josina: 😬 All the more reason to avoid that tournament!! I have contractions every night but they're only on the right side of my belly (I go completely lopsided) but they're like 45 seconds and every 2-3 minutes. No pain though. I keep hoping it's the real deal and then wake up pregnant. Ugh.

32. josina

pomegranate / 3973 posts

@gentlelunette: We are skipping it. Only problem now is step-daughter is our babysitter and she had to stay at a friends tonight to have her ride. At least gma is backup.
    Wow, yours are close together! I feel you on waking up and still being pregnant, lol.

33. gentlelunette

kiwi / 698 posts

@josina: lol. Let's hope baby holds off until your step-daughter is around to babysit!

The BH are close together but they're so benign. Just a super tight belly. I find them more annoying than anything because I want them to be real so badly and they keep letting me down. Lol!

34. WyattnewbabysMama

olive / 59 posts

Sorry I've been so very MIA. I need to go back and read everyone's updates but from very quickly skimming it looks like babywatch is in full force. Good luck everyone!

After a month of bed rest and multiple false alarm hospital trips (haha I think my last post was about painful BH--turns out they weren't BH) where thank goodness each time they were able to stop contractions and send me home after no more than 24 hours of drugs and observation, last Saturday February 4th, we got to meet our little girl!

37 weeks 1 day gestation. 5 lbs 13 ounces.

We brought her home Monday at 5 lbs 5 ounces and have been working hard all week on fighting some mild jaundice and trying to keep her awake enough to eat--she was 5 lbs 8 ounces at a weigh in this morning. She's perfect and we are in love with our peanut!

My son (17 months old) has been more aware of her than I would have expected and--while certainly our week has had something of an uptick in mommyitus and a few extra tantrums--he's handled this transition well so far, has lived having the extra attention from my mom who is in town, and has even peek a boo with his new baby sister over the side of the rocknplay (inducing mama heart melt!)

35. gilmoregirl

persimmon / 1273 posts

@WyattnewbabysMama: wow, congratulations! Glad you guys are adjusting well.

36. gentlelunette

kiwi / 698 posts

@WyattnewbabysMama: congratulations on your baby girl! Glad everyone seems to be adjusting well. Enjoy those snuggles with your little peanut! 💕

37. gilmoregirl

persimmon / 1273 posts

We welcomed baby T last night, 2/10. 8 lbs 11 oz. he is actually a sleepy baby (my first was never sleepy) so we are all resting up for what comes next. I'll update more when I can. Hope there is more baby news coming soon!

L&D was super busy last night so maybe that full moon will do the trick for more of us.

38. gentlelunette

kiwi / 698 posts

@gilmoregirl: yay!!! Congratulations! Can't wait to hear more. Get lots of rest while you can!

Full moon didn't do squat for me. Baby girl is just soooo comfy in there. Haha. I'm getting ridiculously antsy!

39. maggierose

olive / 60 posts

@gilmoregirl: welcome baby!!! Congrats!!! Glad you are all getting rest - can't wait to hear more.

The initial meet and greet between baby girl and big bro was not that great. He was a little suspicious of baby and did not want to hold her. When she started crying I picked her up and that made my son break down crying. Oh vey. Going home now so I can only hope he gets used to her presence and it gets better from here.

40. maggierose

olive / 60 posts

@WyattnewbabysMama: congrats to you!!

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee