Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

February 2017 moms!

1. gentlelunette

kiwi / 698 posts

@Pumuckl: Thanks for the update. Hope you get to take the babies home by the end of the week. I'm glad to hear they're doing well on the children's ward. How are you doing? How are your older kiddos adjusting to all of this?

@maggierose: hope the sweep and "other measures" 😉 get things going for you! A membrane sweep got me going for my first baby, so hopefully it works for you!

As for me... I'm thinking this baby will likely never come. Haha. I'm not even having many BH anymore. I did have a very upset stomach yesterday and thought maybe my body was "cleaning itself out" but I think it's just wishful thinking! Trying to just enjoy these last few quiet weeks with DD1.

2. Beehive

nectarine / 2054 posts

Hi ladies! Just a quick note to let you know that our baby arrived earlier today after a great elective induction. A is 7lbs 12oz and adorable. She's doing a good job nursing, though I need to be better about correcting her latch. The induction was very straightforward, and we're so glad she's here!

3. gentlelunette

kiwi / 698 posts

@Beehive: congratulations!! Im so glad to hear your induction went well. Enjoy those baby snuggles!! 💖💖

4. NorthStar

pear / 1881 posts

@Beehive: Congratulations and I'm SO happy to hear that the induction went well!

5. josina

pomegranate / 3973 posts

@Beehive: Congrats!!

TMI... I'm not sure if I'm losing my mucus plug, or just have really heavy spots of discharge? It's not pink-tinged at all.

6. gentlelunette

kiwi / 698 posts

@josina: could be! exciting! I've definitely lots bits and pieces over the last few weeks, but nothing substantial and no bloody show.

I had my midwife appointment yesterday (38+1) and apparently baby is low. Everything else was good (BP, fundal height, heart rate). I *think* they'll let me do a stretch and sweep at my next appointment on Feb 9th. Let's hope, or better yet... maybe baby will be here by then!

I've been feeling nauseous all morning, but it's probably nothing but hormones. I hate the waiting game!

7. maggierose

olive / 60 posts

@Beehive: Congrats! Hope to hear your birth story soon. Glad it was a smooth process.

@josina: Maybe so!? Hope it is for your sake!

@gentlelunette: Fingers crossed you go earlier rather than later. I hate the waiting game, too.

I had some on-and-off tightness in my belly all day yesterday with a lot of mucus discharge after my membrane sweep, but that all went away over night and when I woke up this morning. I feel totally normal now. So, I am pretty sure I am gonna be in this for the long(er) haul.

8. josina

pomegranate / 3973 posts

@gentlelunette: @maggierose: The waiting game is killer, just give me hints on when this is happening please!
    I dreamt last night I had a bloody show and was going into labor and then when I woke up was confused as to if it was real or not, lol.

9. Pumuckl

pomegranate / 3601 posts

@Beehive: congratulations! Glad to hear baby is here safe and sound.

10. Ajsmommy

pomegranate / 3355 posts

@Beehive: congrats!!! Glad all.went smooth!

Afm, I was struck w the stomach bug Tuesday night. Not fun. I was Down and out in bed all day yesterday and I didn't go to work today either. I'm now sitting at my dr appt hoping they won't send me to have this baby. I know, I know...but I need a few days at work to get things organized before I'm out.... They said my bp was a little high (but the dang nurse didn't tell me how high)

I should be the next one called back soooo here's hoping all is good for one more week.

11. josina

pomegranate / 3973 posts

@Ajsmommy: Hope your appt. went the way you wanted it to and that you feel better! That's the worst, having to use PTO (assuming you did) before maternity leave! I'm trying to save as much I can for that.

12. gentlelunette

kiwi / 698 posts

@Ajsmommy: Hope everything went okay at your appointment! Keep us posted!

13. Ajsmommy

pomegranate / 3355 posts

@josina: thanks. Yes I'm using pto but I'm planning to drain it for my maternity leave anyway in order to use some fmla for a longer leave. So it's ok.

I made it out of the appt barely. I have to check my bp at home and make sure it goes down (it usually does).... So looks like I made it another week

Everything on the ultrasound /with ds was perfect so that also helps me make it longer

14. Ajsmommy

pomegranate / 3355 posts

@gentlelunette: thanks! I made it out

15. gentlelunette

kiwi / 698 posts

@Ajsmommy: glad to hear it! Hope your blood pressure stays in check!

16. Beehive

nectarine / 2054 posts

@Ajsmommy: Glad to hear they are letting the baby stay in! DS came down with a stomach bug too, just after visiting the baby in the hospital, and when we are coming home today. Best timing ever, especially since he had never had a stomach bug in his 4 years.

17. gentlelunette

kiwi / 698 posts

@Beehive: oh no!! Tummy bugs are the worst. Hope you're able to avoid getting it, and that you all settle in at home nicely

18. maggierose

olive / 60 posts

I got so excited last night thinking something was starting. After a pretty intense walk home yesterday I started having that tightening sensation in my belly. It was irregular but it was happening on and off for the rest of the evening. I got showered and went to bed early around 9:30 thinking I might be waking up in a few hours to real contractions but...nada. I just woke up this morning feeling fine and don't recall anymore during the night. Any chance this could be a sign of something happening soon? Or just a total false alarm?

19. nana87

cantaloupe / 6171 posts

@Beehive: congrats!!

I've gotten behind ladies, sorry!

@maggierose: I doubt it's a false alarm at this point even if it's a few more days! I had something like that about a week and a half ago and I was a bit (1cm) dilated at my appointment after, though I haven't progressed more since. It's all the body's way of prepping.

Still no baby at 39+5 today! I feel like a watched pot at this point, my parents keep coming over to help out w lo1 so I can take it easy and every time baby moves at all they're like "is this it??" Gaaaaaah. I've finished all the stuff on my to do list and just waiting... it's kind of driving me crazy!

20. maggierose

olive / 60 posts

@nana87: I am in the same boat. 39+4 and feeling like a watched pot. All of a sudden everyone wants to call or message me to check in or come visit..clearly hoping for some news. Gah just leave me alone!

@Beehive: ugh I feel your pain-my son woke up this morning covered in vomit, poor thing. I think a bug is going around here too.

21. gentlelunette

kiwi / 698 posts

@nana87: lol, such a good analogy. I can't talk to anyone without them asking if baby is here yet. No. No she's not. Thanks for the reminder 👍

I booked a massage next Wednesday and I'm hoping she'll do a bit of reflexology. Who know if it even works, but I'll be 39+2 by that point and it can't hurt! Also booked in some prenatal yoga for Monday and Tuesday, and asked if I could have a membrane sweep done on Thursday and my midwife agreed. Hoping that baby comes soon, but if she's going to wait until the last minute, the weekend would be better! Haha. Today we spent the morning at the Science Centre with our toddler and then got some Chipotle for lunch. Hoping every bit helps 😂 At the very least, it was nice to spend a family day together while it's just the 3 of us!

22. MrsA

apricot / 444 posts

@Beehive: yay congrats!!

Just wanted to pop in and say hi! Still reading and following along So strange that a week ago I was pretty sure DS was staying in for a while and then now he's been here almost a week! Hugs to all of you in these last few days/weeks.

DS is doing great! He's eating all the time, which is the opposite of my experience with DD. DD is mostly ok, but definitely has some feelings that she's not sure how to express so they come out as tantrums over the strangest things. We're all hanging in there and know it's a learning curve for all of us. Recovery is going ok. I'm still sore but thrilled that the pregnancy fatigue is behind me. Regular sleep deprivation feels easier somehow.

Happy weekend to all and maybe we will see some more babies soon!!

23. josina

pomegranate / 3973 posts

And another one bites the dust with this stomach bug, my two year old has been puking all night. Such bad timing!
    @maggierose: hopefully some thing are happening.. I've been having contractions for weeks now, but nothing I can start timing. I did go from 1-1/2 to 3 cm dilated this week.
    @nana87: hope you and maggierose get there soon!
    @gentlelunette: sounds like a fun day and the massage sounds awesome!
    @MrsA: glad you and baby are doing good!!

24. Pumuckl

pomegranate / 3601 posts

@josina: oh no, hope your toddler feels better soon!

Positive update from us: We are actually home as of today! 🎉💕🎈
    B and J have basically never left the babies side unless we try to distract them. They are so excited to have "their" babies home ❤

25. gentlelunette

kiwi / 698 posts

@MrsA: so glad to hear you're all doing well!

@josina: ooooh no! That sounds terrible. Hopefully your DS is feeling better soon.

@Pumuckl: yay! I'm so happy to hear you're all home. Hope everything continues to go well!

As for me, no major changes. My midwife called and asked me to come in tomorrow to recheck my hemaglobin level (it was borderline at my last draw) and offered to do a stretch and sweep. I'm going to go for it... can't hurt!

26. josina

pomegranate / 3973 posts

@Pumuckl: aww, yay for being home with all four kiddos. Sounds so sweet!
    @gentlelunette: hopefully the stretch/sweep help!
    DS isn't puking anymore but not eating much either, acts totally fine though.

27. Ajsmommy

pomegranate / 3355 posts

@Pumuckl: happy to hear you're home! Enjoy!!

28. gentlelunette

kiwi / 698 posts

No new babies after the weekend?? Maybe we'll have a bunch after the full moon on the 10th!

29. gilmoregirl

persimmon / 1273 posts

Way behind here, but today is my due date and my first day of maternity leave. We were all sick last week, plus something awful happened at work that made the week far more emotionally taxing than I was prepared for...needless to say I am relieved to be done. Even semi relieved not to have a baby yet. We had a great weekend at home and everyone's doing better now.

Not much happening otherwise. I continue to be super crampy, lots of pressure, but eh. The midwives started making noise last week about his size (big, ish) so hopefully soon.

Congrats to the new babies!! Can't wait to see who is next!

30. gilmoregirl

persimmon / 1273 posts

@Pumuckl: so glad to hear you guys are home!

31. gentlelunette

kiwi / 698 posts

@gilmoregirl: Sorry you've had a stressful week. Maybe baby will hold off for a little bit so you can use the next couple days to recouperate and rest!!

32. josina

pomegranate / 3973 posts

@gilmoregirl: glad everyone is healthy again before baby comes. And boo to work issues. Enjoy these days home!

I am home with my toddler, not eating well yet but he hasn't puked since Saturday night so hopefully on the mend.
    I thought something might've been happening last night with contractions from 7 pm on but nada.

33. maggierose

olive / 60 posts

@gilmoregirl: cramping is a good sign! I started leave today too and my due date is tomorrow and I'm having no signs. Today for me was spent walking a ton and a very spicy lunch followed by acupuncture. Come on babies!

34. maggierose

olive / 60 posts

This is so me right now

35. gilmoregirl

persimmon / 1273 posts

@josina: poor guy. Hope he's all better soon. Cleaning barf while super pregnant is no joke.

@maggierose: So far today I've eaten too many Doritos and watched a lot of Gilmore Girls. I need to go for a walk! It's nice out. My kid's at daycare and this day off feels like such a luxury.

36. gentlelunette

kiwi / 698 posts

@maggierose: hahaha. So true, and I haven't even hit 40 weeks yet!

37. gentlelunette

kiwi / 698 posts

Had my midwife appointment. We opted just to do the blood draw and a cervical check, rather than a membrane sweep. I'm 1cm dilated but she was able to get it to 2cm during the check. Cervix is still posterior but not completely as she said it was pretty easy to reach. Baby's head is low. All that to say... could be any day now or could be 3 weeks from now. Hahaha.

38. gilmoregirl

persimmon / 1273 posts

@gentlelunette: but you're that much closer, if nothing else!

My next appointment is tomorrow and I can't decide if I want to be checked. I was nothing at 40+1 with my son and freaked out...and then he was born the next day. I think mentally I might be better off skipping the check.

39. nana87

cantaloupe / 6171 posts

@maggierose: lol, that's so me too!

Also 40 weeks today and no sign of anything happening...I have an appointment with my ob tomorrow and then one at mfm on Wed for a bpp/nst, but for now I'm just waaaaiting....

Although also, my body has become ridiculously itchy. It started a few days ago--I thought I had a spider bite on my ankle, but now it's like all over my body. Mostly my legs, which might be razor burn because I shaved with an old razor oops, but also my stomach, arms, back, etc. It's a little better today after taking an oatmeal bath and lathering myself in a lotion dh uses for his eczema, but so uncomfy!

40. MrsA

apricot / 444 posts

@maggierose: pretty sure I did all of those the week before DS arrived! Haha!

Thinking of all of you! Come on, February babies! i need company during nighttime feedings

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee