Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

February 2017 moms!

1. gilmoregirl

persimmon / 1273 posts

@nana87: yay, so glad everything went well.

@MaryM: my first appointment isn't until next week and I am getting increasingly anxious. I was sooo sick with my first that I could only think about how terrible I felt. Now I'm so so scared that my lack of nausea is a bad sign.

@josina: congrats on a good appointment and what a great surprise. Sooo nice to skip weeks!

2. Pumuckl

pomegranate / 3601 posts

@nana87: So glad to hear all went well!

@gilmoregirl: Waiting for the first appointment is THE WORST. Hope there is lots that keeps you busy to distract yourself from it.

3. josina

pomegranate / 3973 posts

OMG you guys, I'm an idiot. Can I blame pregnancy brain already!
    So I got to looking at my dates more and my period tracker app and I just hadn't marked my last period in May, so had told the dr's office April. Now I have to call the dr. and update everything! Duh me.
    Back on for February 22nd!

4. NorthStar

pear / 1881 posts

@josina: LOL - now you lost a month! At least you figured it out prior to an appointment where they would see a too small bean!

5. josina

pomegranate / 3973 posts

@NorthStar: lol, no kidding, I'm glad I caught it now instead of later! SMH.

6. nana87

cantaloupe / 6171 posts

@josina: haha oops! Welcome back

7. MaryM

pomelo / 5129 posts

@josina: That's hilarious! Now I don't feel so bad about messing up my appointment dates too (I was supposed to go next week but scheduled it for this week)

We got a better look at the baby today and the doctor was able to measure.

Based on LMP my EDD would be Feb. 5.

I met with my Creighton charting teacher last week, and based on my chart, she guessed Feb. 9ish.

Based on measurements, the doctor said Feb. 11. (next time our roll call is updated, this is what I'll be going with)

I'm sad about "losing" a week, but I'm so glad I had that chart consult or I think I would have been more worried about being nearly a week "behind."

My doctor asked when I'd want to come back and I said maybe 3 weeks (a month feels too long) but he'll be on vacation so I go back in two weeks. I'll be at a good point for MaterniT testing, and I think he'll do a sonogram too.

8. Ajsmommy

pomegranate / 3355 posts

@josina: this made me laugh! def pregnancy brain!
    @gilmoregirl: my first apt is in one week and I'm pretty anxious! I am just hoping all is well and the measurements are on track. good luck to you too!
    @MaryM: great update!

AFM, I traveled a LOT last weekend and apparently ran myself down b/c I came down with congestion and a cough this week. It sucks. I think I'm on the mend but blah. I have also lost my appetite! I thought it was bc I was so congested but now I'm starting to think it's actually pregnancy related. Anyone else lose your appetite? I didn't experience this with DD. I don't want to eat anything. But I know I'm hungry. Yesterday was a little better but the day before I literally had to force myself to eat/chew and swallow.

Our apt was pushed back til Friday the 15th so DH could go with.

Any one have fun plans for the weekend?? Happy Friday btw

9. MaryM

pomelo / 5129 posts

@Ajsmommy: Congestion has gotten worse for me this week too. I was already sleeping with nose strips on, but this week I've really needed them. And last night I had a pretty awful headache from congestion and went to bed with a rice pack on my head.

I've never been a fan of food while pregnant. This pregnancy and the last one, I haven't gained at all in the first tri (so far). But I've also been on progesterone so I think that could be partly to blame?

Potatoes are one thing that I can always eat though. If I want an easy dinner, I'll microwave/bake one and top it with cheese. Baked tater tots will also do. Last pregnancy I ate a lot of bowls of cereal, but we don't keep cereal in the house as much since I went GF.

10. josina

pomegranate / 3973 posts

@Ajsmommy: sorry your sick, thats the worst when pregnant since you can't take anything for it.

And YES to losing my appetite. I'm so not hungry, or nothing sounds good, but I have to force myself to eat. I've been sticking to soup, or like @MaryM: potatoes. I LOVE instant mashed potatoes right now, lol.

11. NorthStar

pear / 1881 posts

@MaryM: I'm glad that your appointment went so well!

@MaryM: @Ajsmommy: Ick about the congestion and not being able to eat! I think that is fairly normal with pregnancy since we are so sensitive to everything. At least the weekend is coming up and hopefully you can both get some rest in.

As far as weekend plans, I have a concert tomorrow night and then off to Vegas for a work conference bright and early on Sunday. I'm only there through Tuesday morning, so at least it's a quick trip. I just feel guilty leaving DD and DH for a few days, but I know that they will be fine.

eta - does anyone have any suggestions for places to eat in Vegas? I'm staying at Caesars and already have a list of places to try. lol. give this pregnant lady some cupcakes!

12. Ajsmommy

pomegranate / 3355 posts

@MaryM: @josina: so funny you recommend potatoes!! when I was pg with DD all I ever wanted was tater tots!! LOL I had them with every stinkin meal. DH got so fed up we would have to make two sides but I just wanted them all the time!

13. MaryM

pomelo / 5129 posts

@Ajsmommy: DH loves tater tots and they're easy to cook, so it hasn't been a problem for us

Last night he made me a bowl of them topped with cheese and sour cream.

14. Ajsmommy

pomegranate / 3355 posts

@NorthStar: no advice on where to eat as I've never been but HAVE fun!! I kinda wish I could travel to places like vegas for work...

15. MaryM

pomelo / 5129 posts

@NorthStar: DH checked out a few buffets while I slept in one day while we were there, and he thought the cosmopolitan buffet looked the best (unfortunately we didn't actually eat there)

We had a nice dinner at bouchon if you want something sort of fancy.

16. NorthStar

pear / 1881 posts

@MaryM: @Ajsmommy: Thanks for the suggestions! I thought about getting the buffet at Caesars, but it's like $65 and there is no way I would eat even remotely enough food to make that worth it. Sunday night, I might just grab cheesecake factory (and of course cheesecake), head to my hotel room and relax. I'll be going on 3-4 hours of sleep that day, so will be an early night. Hoping to find something more adventurous for Monday night..

17. MaryM

pomelo / 5129 posts

@NorthStar: DH and I did either Cesars or the Bellagio...and we were seriously underwhelmed. It was like any buffet you could get anywhere.

Cosmopolitan at least had more exciting options (and better desserts)

18. NorthStar

pear / 1881 posts

@MaryM: Thanks! I'll have to check it out

19. MaryM

pomelo / 5129 posts

@NorthStar: Oh! There's also late pizza there on like the third floor? In case you wake up hungry and can't get back to sleep

20. MrsA

apricot / 444 posts

@MaryM: ummm a bowl of tater tots and cheese sounds awesome.
    @NorthStar: your plan for the first night sounds perfect! I loved brunch at the Paris hotel across from the Bellagio. There's an outdoor patio and the menu is delicious. And frozen hot chocolate or a sundae at Serendipity! We did a fancy dinner at the steakhouse at the Bellagio and its still one of the best dinners I've ever had. Have so much fun!

21. MrsA

apricot / 444 posts

So...anyone else feeling chubby? I'm 10 weeks tomorrow (I know it's not a milestone but double digits sounds crazy!) and I'm starting to have to do the rubber band trick on my pants already I'm not sure how I'm going to keep this from work for another 3 weeks. Our NT scan isn't until 8/1 and I want that reassurance before sharing but I feel like I'm showing already!

22. Pumuckl

pomegranate / 3601 posts

@MrsA: ME! I actually brought my maternity pants out because I was getting really uncomfortable. I have 5 more instances were I have to work at the customer's or at HQ and I am running out of ideas how to hide it. We'll have our double NT scan on 8/9 and when everything hopefully looks good I'll tell work that day.

@NorthStar: we ended up in the Cosmopolitan on Thanksgiving and they had an amazing Italian restaurant. They were super nice and even made me gluten free pasta (I'm a celiac).

23. gilmoregirl

persimmon / 1273 posts

@MrsA: @MaryM: @josina: You guys are making me crave tater tots. Sounds so good.

I am a teacher on summer break, so I'm really not hiding from anyone at this point. By the time I go back to work, it'll probably pretty obvious so I'll give my principal a heads up in advance.

I'm feeling a bit lousier the past few days, which I guess is reassuring, but is not fun at all. I'm praying I feel ok before my husband goes out of town for work for two weeks because he is saving my life right now and taking on tons of toddler duties. And cleaning duties. And etc.

24. Ajsmommy

pomegranate / 3355 posts

@MaryM: thank you thank you for the Tater tots w cheese and sour cream idea. Just had our for lunch!!!

25. MaryM

pomelo / 5129 posts

@Ajsmommy: glad you enjoyed them!

@MrsA: I wear somewhat stretchy pants for the most part, so haven't worn more maternity yet (I never stopped wearing one pair or half panel work pants. They're just so comfortable!)

But I'm definitely favoring looser shirts. And I got out maternity pants yesterday. Things are getting tighter, but not too uncomfortable.

26. josina

pomegranate / 3973 posts

@MrsA: me and I'm only 8 weeks. Ugh, I don't think I can really blame baby yet though.

Not sure when I'll tell work yet. A co-worker is doing IVF for her first so I kinda wanna let her announce before me, hoping she gets a sticky baby after 3 losses. I'll feel so bad if not since she should have an 19 mo. Old with me.

27. MaryM

pomelo / 5129 posts

I just need to celebrate.

After a week of not sleeping more than 4 hours at a time yet still being utterly exhausted, I didn't get up once in the middle of the night last night! I was so happy the sun was coming up when I woke up this morning!

28. josina

pomegranate / 3973 posts

@MaryM: lol yay!!

29. Pumuckl

pomegranate / 3601 posts

@MaryM: yay for the small victories!

30. MrsA

apricot / 444 posts

@MaryM: that's awesome!! And not a small victory haha.

31. gilmoregirl

persimmon / 1273 posts

@MaryM: That is awesome! I hope it makes a difference for you.

32. gilmoregirl

persimmon / 1273 posts

My son and I were out in the sun all morning at the park today and we BOTH napped today, which is basically unprecedented. I am terrible at napping, and he's been skipping his nap on the regular, so I was sooo happy when I woke up and he was actually still asleep.

I had a BAD day of feeling lousy on Saturday and have been doing ok since then. My appointment is (finally) tomorrow morning and I am so so so nervous.

33. MaryM

pomelo / 5129 posts

@gilmoregirl: Good luck today!

34. Ajsmommy

pomegranate / 3355 posts

@gilmoregirl: good luck today!! can't wait for the update.

I think we need a roll call ladies

EDD:

Will you find out or team green?

Symptoms?

Most excited about:

Most worried/nervous about:

Purchase anything for the baby yet?

Do you have names picked?? Care to share???

35. Ajsmommy

pomegranate / 3355 posts

I'll start
    EDD: 2/23 but my apt is Friday so i'll have a more definitive answer then

Will you find out or team green? Def find out.

Symptoms? This pregnancy has given me way more symptoms than my first. I'm wondering if my advanced age is causing it!!? I have already had heart burn, I have food aversions like nothing sounds good (except tater tots with cheese and sour cream -HA), I gag so bad every time I brush my teeth I almost vomited this morning it was so bad.. can't wait to see what's next.

Most excited about: Finding out gender and seeing DD be a big sister she's been soo into her dolly's lately. It's like she intuitively knows!

Most worried/nervous about: I'm a nervous wreck. I'm worried baby isn't growing the way it should or that something will be bad in the testing or something will just go wrong

Purchase anything for the baby yet? No

Do you have names picked?? Care to share??? Boy name is picked-- family tradition we have to follow. I'm not in love with it but it's ok. Tyler Thomas
    Girl name is still up for debate but we have been talking about it

36. gilmoregirl

persimmon / 1273 posts

@MaryM: @Ajsmommy: Thank you!!

Everything was good. I was unbelievably anxious this morning and all of the stress lifted when the tech found a heartbeat. I am starting to think this is real now. My due date is officially 2/6 and I'm going back for the NT scan next week. Fingers crossed.

37. josina

pomegranate / 3973 posts

@gilmoregirl: Hope your appt. goes well, and yay for the nap with LO!
    @Ajsmommy: Yay for roll call. And OMG to the gagging when brushing teeth - I HAVE vomited a couple times already, it's horrible!!

EDD: 2/22

Will you find out or team green? Find out at 20 week US

Symptoms? Tired, food aversions, brushing teeth SUCKS, 2 days of morning nausea + vomiting

Most excited about: Having a baby in the house again, baby cuddles, seeing DS with her/him ... this morning he held on to our cat, calling it 'baby'. Too cute.

Most worried/nervous about: Sleep with 2 littles! DS was awful, really hoping #2 is easier! Daycare for 2.

Purchase anything for the baby yet? Nope

Do you have names picked?? Care to share??? We like Emma for a girl although I hate that it's so popular now I really like Evalynn but DS thinks it's too 'old'. For a boy we like Kyson/Kai. I have a loong list though for both.

38. gilmoregirl

persimmon / 1273 posts

EDD: 2/6
    Will you find out or team green? We will find out, but this office does the anatomy scan at 22 weeks, so it's gonna be a while.
    Symptoms? I'm very very tired and I have terrible acid reflux. Some back pain. Honestly, it's minimal compared to how awful I felt with my son, and I'm feeling so incredibly fortunate.
    Most excited about: Feeling baby. Early kicks were my favorite last time. We've moved into a house of our own since my son was born, so I'll get to do a nursery this time, and I'm excited for that.
    Most worried/nervous about: lol everything. I was so sick with my son that it's all I could think about; I was consumed by it. And now I have a lot more time and energy to worry.
    Purchase anything for the baby yet? Nope. Probably won't till we know sex.
    Do you have names picked?? Care to share??? Haven't even talked about them!

39. gilmoregirl

persimmon / 1273 posts

@josina: the midwife I saw today asked if I have any questions and I was like, none that you can answer. My worries are really just about paying for daycare, and how my son will adjust, and how I'll handle two, and sleep omg. My son was a screamer and I'm determined this baby will be more chill. I can request that, right??

40. nana87

cantaloupe / 6171 posts

@gilmoregirl: so glad your appointment went well!

@Ajsmommy: fun questions!

EDD: measuring 2/12 so that's the date for now, though with lmp it was 2/6--I must have ovulated late! lo was early though so I expect this one will be too...

Will you find out or team green? def find out, I'm not a patient person I can go in for the blood work for Materniti21 next week, so will prob know the sex in like 3 weeks!

Symptoms? Nausea but nowhere near as bad as my first pregnancy. lower back pain starting this week. a little heart burn.

Most excited about: seeing lo become a big sister

Most worried/nervous about: I had a chemical pregnancy last winter so I still don't really feel like this is real yet or like I've let myself become attached/excited....

Purchase anything for the baby yet? not yet...but might snag a new activity mat from Prime Day today since lo's old one fell apart! And maybe a rnp or some other little things...

Do you have names picked?? Care to share??? We will most likely be naming baby after my fil (Eliot) who recently passed away--prob Eleanor or Eliot, or some variation--we haven't decided exactly!

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee