Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

Hey Nov 2012 Mamas!

1. SleepyMonkey

grapefruit / 4006 posts

@highwire: have fun seeing your baby!! Go team pink

@ChelseaRose: it is kinda nice and I am surprised that people are so willing to give up their seats. I am only on for one stop usually so I decline sometimes but some people force me to take it! I guess people are nicer than I had thought.

2. MamaMoose

GOLD / squash / 13464 posts

@JessLC: My hubs felt his first outside kick this weekend. It was so cool to see the look on his face!

3. Periwinkle

pear / 1879 posts

@JessLC: I had to laugh when I read your post because I had the exact same experience over the weekend, where my husband felt an "outside" kick! It was one of the most amazing experiences and I was just about to write about it here, but had to gush with you first Hoping you're doing great at 22w!

4. Periwinkle

pear / 1879 posts

And @Mamamoose: (see above post) Coolest feeling ever!

5. MamaMoose

@Meggo5: A good weekend for husbands!! My husband eyes got huge and he looked and me and said "Was that it??!!". And I said yep! And then there was a little rumble and I had to disappoint him and tell him that was just gas : )

6. ChelseaRose

persimmon / 1161 posts

Haha. My husband felt the baby from the outside on Saturday. That's so funny that it happened to all of them within the same period of time.

7. DillonLion

GOLD / eggplant / 11517 posts

Aw! I felt my first kick from the outside yesterday morning while laying in bed, and I jammed DH's hand there immediately while he was half asleep. He said he couldn't feel anything but it must be around the corner!

8. mrsjyw

GOLD / wonderful apricot / 22646 posts

@ChelseaRose: @mamamoose: @meggo5: DH felt baby boy for the first time this wknd too! He was really active Fri night the Nov babies must be in sync ;P

9. MamaMoose

@highwire: My baby usually stops moving if one of us puts a hand on my belly. My husband had to put his hand on me very lightly and then stay still for 5 full minutes before we got lucky with a kick.

10. DillonLion

@MamaMoose: Thanks for the advice! Perhaps poking the shit out of the baby doesn't make it too happy

11. Mrs. Tricycle

blogger / pear / 1964 posts

Can I play? I totally should have joined this thread a few months ago! Do you mind an addition?

How far along? 20 weeks today

Total weight gain: Not willing to step on the scale just for HB, but I'm guessing around 10 lbs.

Maternity clothes? Yes! Loving my maternity shorts, though maternity tops still look a little ridiculous. I had to buy a maternity tankini for water Zumba a couple weeks ago, and tried to convince myself that I could still pull off a regular suit in a larger size - the dressing room mirror revealed that it was clearly a no go! I bought a maternity one, and the top still looks a little baggy, but it's doing the job.

Stretch Marks: none (yet)

Sleep: Great. Summer vacation is here which means a daily post-lunch nap. I'm embracing the "get all the sleep you can before the baby gets here" advice.

Best moment this week: Getting my preregistration paperwork filled out for the hospital - one less thing on the list!

Miss Anything? Margaritas on hot summer days by the pool.

Food cravings: Nope.

Symptoms: I feel great.

Looking forward to: Feeling some movement! I haven't felt a thing yet! At my anatomy scan two weeks ago the technician thought it would be "any time now," but I'm still not noticing anything. Maybe I'm really unobservant or maybe I've just got too much gas to differentiate between baby and bodily functions, but I'm ready to feel SOMETHING!

12. DillonLion

@Mrs. Tricycle: Aw of course you are welcome! Glad to have another November momma.

Nice job on the pre-registration with the hospital. I am paranoid about doing this because I feel like they are going to demand payment for something, just like every other medical establishment involved with this pregnancy. LOL.

I hope you start feeling movement soon! I'm actually surprised at how many of us are already feeling so much. Plenty of people don't start feeling movement until 20/21/22+ weeks.

13. Mrs. Tricycle

@highwire: Thanks for the movement reassurance! I keep willing it to happen - I'll just have to be patient.

I got my butt in gear about the hospital paperwork because I was told you need to be registered before you can be put on a waiting list for a private room. I want to be at the top of that waiting list come November!

14. MamaMoose

@Mrs. Tricycle: We always welcome more Nov mamas!! For a while I was confused about whether I was feeling movement or gas. And then finally one day the baby gave me a nice solid punch right below my belly button and I certainly wasn't unsure then!! But I do still have pokes that I'm not sure if it's the baby or not... just depends on where he/she is situated if I get strong movement or light movement. Did the u/s tech mention if you have an anterior or posterior placenta?

15. DillonLion

@Mrs. Tricycle: Well hell yeah - get on that list! My hospital is all private rooms, with all kinds of other crazy amenities: flat screen tv, web cam, wifi, and who knows what else. Apparently the food is also GREAT.

While that is awesome, I'm sure that also equals $$$$ so I'm still paranoid about registering

16. immabeetoo

honeydew / 7687 posts

Had our anatomy scan today.. it is a boy! I am shocked, I definitely thought it was a girl. I need to start researching cute boy clothes now, I am not grooving on the dark colors & sports themes I see all over the place

17. DillonLion

@scg00387: Congrats!!!!

18. Mrs. Tricycle

@MamaMoose: Yes -- I have an anterior placenta - the tech said its placement was probably the reason it was taking a while to feel movement.

19. DillonLion

November Babies:

Girls:
    @jesslc
    @highwire
    @petuniasandpearls

Boys:
    @chelsearose
    @mrsjyw
    @scgoo387

Team Green:
    @Mrs. Tricycle

Gotta make sure we represent everyone!!

20. Mrs. Tricycle

@highwire: That sounds posh! I don't think my hospital has quite that much to offer.

21. MamaMoose

@Mrs. Tricycle: That makes sense then. I'm sure you'll feel it soon. I always have the best luck when I lay flat on my back and stay very calm and still.

22. Mrs. Tricycle

@highwire: We're team green - so we skipped the opportunity to find out. Not gonna lie, a tiny (okay, not so tiny) part of me regrets that move, but we're firmly in the question mark column.

23. MamaMoose

@Mrs. Tricycle: We have our anatomy scan on 7/12 and I'm so worried about caving and just asking what the gender is. It's going to take some SERIOUS will power!

24. DillonLion

@Mrs. Tricycle: Fixed my post and added a category. Can't believe I didn't have it before!

25. DillonLion

@MamaMoose: I can't believe there's an anatomy scan on this board later than mine!! I'm sorry you have to wait so long for yours.

26. MamaMoose

@highwire: Yeah I would be bummed. But I got an ultrasound at 16 weeks and she did a lot of checking then. And we aren't finding out the gender anyway, so I'm OK with the wait. Also, my birthday is 7/15 so it will be nice to see baby for my birthday!

27. DillonLion

@MamaMoose: Aw fun! My birthday is just a few weeks after yours (August 4)

28. SleepyMonkey

grapefruit / 4006 posts

So funny that all the husbands felt something this week! Husband actually felt it from the outside before I did!

@Mrs. Tricycle: i have an anterior placenta too so I didn't start feeling movement until between 20 and 21 weeks so maybe it will be this week for you! Definitely feels like gas bubbles for me but without the subsequent pain or ahem...gas

29. mrsjyw

@highwire: W T F ~~ My bday is aug 11!!! HOW FREAKY!!!!

30. mrsjyw

Have you guys felt any round ligament pain? Braxton hicks? Cramping?

I've had dull cramping on my left side since early this am-- and am trying not to freak out~~....

31. DillonLion

@mrsjyw: ha goodness!!

32. MamaMoose

@mrsjyw: Looooots of round ligament pain. In fact it's horrible on my right side at this very moment. It sometimes feels like cramping so I'm sure that's what you've got going on. Usually a real cramp or contraction would be more in the middle of your abdomen as opposed to localized on one side. Try to stretch a bit and see if that helps.

I haven't had any Braxton Hicks yet and as far as I'm concerned those bad boys can hold for as long as possible thank you very much!

33. mrsjyw

@mamamoose: thanks for the reassurance; i haven't felt it since that am which is nice.... so random~~

How far along? 20w 4d

Total weight gain: 12-13 lbs.

Maternity clothes? maxi dresses, skirts, and flowy blouses are my best friends during this summer humidity/heat.

Stretch Marks: none (yet)

Sleep: sleep a solid 7 hours each night.

Best moment this week: DH feeling baby.

Miss Anything? Summer concerts~

Symptoms: Heartburn. Headaches. but overall feel great!

Looking forward to: feeling our baby boy regularly.. i'm starting to feel his movement schedule; which i'm surprised because i have an anterior placenta and thought that i'd have a few more weeks before regular movements that i could feel... it is SO surreal feeling him move!

34. petuniasandpearls

cherry / 220 posts

Our little girl had the hiccups last night! I kept feeling her every 4-5 seconds for about 30-45 minutes and it took me about 10 minutes to realize she had the hiccups. My husband got a big kick out of it and was able to feel it for a little while. What a weird sensation!

She's active...I feel her CONSTANTLY. We just got back from a vacation (babymoon, I suppose?) and she whacked me HARD on the plane and I saw my hand actually move on my stomach. I'm 19.5 weeks and she's kicking me HARD...do we have a little soccer player on our hands?

35. DillonLion

How far along? 20 weeks today!

Total weight gain: Unknown. Will find out at my next appointment on Monday. Hoping for around 6-8 lbs.

Maternity clothes? Oh yes. The more the merrier.

Stretch Marks: I think I found a couple more small ones. Oh well.

Sleep: Soundly for the most part. Getting up to pee a lot.

Best moment this week: Confirming it is a little girl!

Miss Anything? Breathing? Things are starting to feel compressed.

Symptoms: Heartburn, indigestion, a little nausea. I've noticed my breathing has become really shallow so every once in awhile I'll need to take a huge breath, which seems to compress everything a lot.

Looking forward to: DH feeling the baby kick.

36. MamaMoose

@highwire: Oh man I miss normal breathing too. I swear when I get to the top of the stairs in my house I have to stop to catch my breath!!

37. kml636

pomegranate / 3225 posts

Hi Ladies! I just got back last week from our amazing babymoon and we just had our gender reveal and... it's a girl! So excited. 18 more weeks!

38. mrsjyw

@kml636: YAYYY CONGRATS!!!

November Babies:
    Girls:
    @jesslc
    @highwire
    @petuniasandpearls
    @kml636

Boys:
    @chelsearose
    @mrsjyw