Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

Hey Nov 2012 Mamas!

1. DillonLion

GOLD / eggplant / 11517 posts

13 weeks, 3 days today! So, second trimester by some accounts.

2. MamaMoose

GOLD / squash / 13464 posts

Are most people not worring about sleeping on their backs until 20 weeks? I tried to sleep on my side last night and I"m paying for it today. My hips hurt SO much. Plus I was never really comfortable so I got crappy sleep and I'm tired today!

3. MamaMoose

@highwire: My What To Expect app told me I was second trimester on Sunday when I hit 13 weeks so I'm going with it : )

It feels good doesn't it??

4. DillonLion

@MamaMoose: I'm sleeping in whatever position can get me to sleep. I have to change positions constantly, and am managing to get choppy sleep in various positions (left side, right side, and back). Sleeping directly on my belly is starting to get totally uncomfortable.

5. DillonLion

@MamaMoose: Yes, it does feel good! I'm excited for Friday, when I'll be 14 weeks, which is the latest point I've seen for when the 2nd trimester starts.

6. kml636

pomegranate / 3225 posts

@MamaMoose: I am trying not to worry too much about it, although I did order the snoogle pillow so hopefully that will make side sleeping more comfortable!

7. SleepyMonkey

grapefruit / 4006 posts

@MamaMoose: I need to be on my side to go to sleep, but I wake up a lot on my back. I can't control it and my doctor said it was fine. She asked how humanity would have survived for 20,000 years if women could not sleep on their backs while pregnant. So, I'm going to try not to worry about it

Here's my update:

How far along? 16 Weeks 4 Days

Total weight gain: 1 - 2 lbs.

Maternity clothes? Bought a couple work shirts that are gigantic on me and a maternity skirt, but haven't worn them yet. Also found 3 cute maxi dresses and a maxi skirt at the outlets! Yippy!

Stretch marks? Not yet.

Sleep: Still waking up 1x per night to pee. Wake up naturally at 6am every day, which is annoying.

Best moment this week: husband and i went for a very strenuous hike and made it! came back down the mountain, and my belly had popped. husband was like, "what happened?!" haha

Miss Anything? RED WINE.

Food cravings: fruity, chewy candy.

Anything making you queasy or sick: when i sit next to someone that has eaten onions, or has bad breath, i'm super sensitive to it.

Symptoms: nothing notable now. just an expanding belly!

Looking forward to: doctor's appt next week to hear the heartbeat...anatomy scan at 20 weeks to find out the gender!

8. petuniasandpearls

cherry / 220 posts

How far along? 13w1d

Total weight gain: 2 lbs

Maternity clothes? Bought a bunch of maternity tunics this weekend that SHOULD last me through the rest of the pregnancy. I also gave up and bought maternity jeans.

Stretch marks? No

Sleep: LOVE it. Can't get enough of it.

Best moment this week: Watching our little on partying in my belly during the NT scan. Baby was ALL OVER THE PLACE.

Miss Anything? staying up past 10pm.

Food cravings: SWEETS. Holy cow---I want candy, cookies, brownies, whatever I can get my grubby little hands on.

Anything making you queasy or sick: The smell of the gym locker room has been getting to me.

Symptoms: Still tried, a LOT of back cramping.

Looking forward to: My mom is coming into town at the end of June and she wants to buy us one of those 3D scans & go with us...we should find out the gender for sure at that point! Our anatomy scan isn't until July 17, where they would determine gender for us. They gave us a *guess* at the NT scan, but it's the opposite of what I think, so I'm anxiously awaiting that appointment!

9. DillonLion

How far along? 13w5d (measuring 13w1d)

Total weight gain: Nothing

Maternity clothes? Exclusively in pants

Stretch marks? One brand new one. Le sigh.

Sleep: Sporadic.

Best moment this week: Just had our NT scan this morning and found out it is a little baby girl!!!

Miss Anything? Working out, having energy

Food cravings: Nothing really. Whatever is easy and requires no preparation on my part.

Symptoms: Tired.

Looking forward to: Sharing the gender news eventually!

10. ksnow

apricot / 371 posts

How far along? 15w 1d

Total weight gain: ~1 lb

Maternity clothes? love my maternity shorts. I've worn a maternity shirt a few times just cause they're long enough to cover the stretchy part of the pants.

Stretch marks? no

Sleep: less naps! about 8 hours a night.

Best moment this week: receiving more baby gifts from family friends, so sweet and exciting to add to the closet

Miss Anything? having more energy

Food cravings: I only want really good food, and I don't really want to cook.

Symptoms: Tired. Still get nauseaous if I don't eat enough.

Looking forward to: My parents coming into town for a visit!

11. kml636

pomegranate / 3225 posts

@highwire: congrats on your GIRL!!! YAY so exciting!

I am wondering if the next appointment for us (17 weeks) they will do a scan, or if we'll have to wait until 20? Either way, it's going to be awhile because we are going to wait and have a gender reveal party.

12. ChelseaRose

persimmon / 1161 posts

@kml636 My next appointment is tomorrow and I will be 16 weeks and 3 days. I'm hoping we get a scan and I'm definitely going to ask for one even if it is not an automatic thing. Also, my OB office does the anatomy scans at 18 weeks, so it will only be a little longer until we find out. What do you have planned for your gender reveal party? I think we will find out right away, but maybe do something cute for out families.

13. mrsjyw

GOLD / wonderful apricot / 22646 posts

my next appt is at 16w2d and im contemplating asking for an u/s because we haven't had one since 6 wks.
    our anatomy scan was supposed to be at 20w, but i'm going to try and schedule my appt for 19 w because my bro will be home visiting and i want to tell him in person!

14. DillonLion

About to go live with this news on Facebook! Can't believe I held out this long. I'm super nervous that I forgot about someone that is going to be upset that I didn't tell them personally. Anyone deal with that?

15. ChelseaRose

persimmon / 1161 posts

@mrsjyw: I take it that you opted not to do the NT scan? I hope they are able to do an ultrasound for you. At my office they have the u/s machines in some of the exam rooms, so as far as I'm concerned there is no reason not to take a peek at baby!

@highwire: good luck! I hope you remembered everyone. I haven't encountered this issue because I haven't told everyone yet and I don't think that I will make a FB announcement.

16. crazylittlelam

apple seed / 1 posts

hi, everyone! this is my first post, but i've been following hellobee and the boards for quite some time. really excited for all the november 2012 momma-to-be's!

How far along? 13w 6d

Total weight gain: ~4 lb

Maternity clothes? finally caved and ordered some, but i've been getting by just wearing pants that i had in a size up. so far, i've just had issues buttoning up pants/jeans/skirts, but other than that, no need for maternity clothes yet.

Stretch marks? no, and i hope it stays that way!

Sleep: about 9 hours a night. i miss staying up past 9:30pm!

Best moment this week: receiving positive news from NT scan.

Miss Anything? how food tastes and not being nauseous. i was diagnosed with hyperemesis, so life has been very difficult. even with zofran, i'm still quite miserable. i miss feeling...normal!

Food cravings: sweets when i can tolerate them.

Symptoms: Tired with hyperemesis.

Looking forward to: More and more positive news from upcoming appointments. I had 2 mc's last year, so we feel so blessed with this pregnancy and with every appt that brings us more positive news about our healthy baby!

17. DillonLion

@crazylittlelam: Yay welcome! I think we have almost the exact same due date!

18. petuniasandpearls

cherry / 220 posts

The doctor called me today with the "official" results from our NT scan and everything looks wonderful, baby has a very, very, very low risk of everything they looked for. Woohoo!

I wore a pair of maternity jeans for the first time today...to be honest, I don't understand why ANYONE would ever want buttons ever again! I love these things!

19. ChelseaRose

persimmon / 1161 posts

My appointment today was super boring. We listened to the heartbeat, but I've already been doing that at home. No scan. =( Everything looked good. The nurse first took my blood pressure and used the wrong cuff so it came up at 140, but retook it with the right one and it was 110/80. Much better.

At least we made our appointment for the anatomy scan: June 12th!!

20. ChelseaRose

persimmon / 1161 posts

@PETUNIASANDPEARLS: I love maternity jeans. The first time I wore them I wished I started sooner. Oh well. I will know that for next time and I'll make sure to tell my childless friends.

21. SleepyMonkey

grapefruit / 4006 posts

@ChelseaRose: My appt was super boring today too! Just a Doppler and then the doctor was like, "can you feel the movements? Concentrate, it should be right there...." and i couldn't feel anything yet Our anatomy scan is on Jun 8th!! So excited for it.

22. ChelseaRose

persimmon / 1161 posts

@jesslc: I'm not feeling much either. The OB could hear the movements on the doppler and I couldn't feel anything.

23. ChelseaRose

persimmon / 1161 posts

So is anyone feeling movement yet?

24. DillonLion

@ChelseaRose: Nope! But I'm due at the very end of the month, so I expect some of the other ladies to chime in with a little more exciting news.

25. SleepyMonkey

grapefruit / 4006 posts

@ChelseaRose: still nothing! I really am trying too but to no avail. Maybe next week. I am due Nov 1 btw.

26. ChelseaRose

persimmon / 1161 posts

I haven't really felt anything either. I think maybe once or twice, but I'm not sure. I'm due November 7 an I'm 17 weeks as of today. Hopefully soon we will all be able to feel something.

27. Periwinkle

pear / 1879 posts

I am 17 weeks and 2 days today and I have not felt anything yet. I am not 100% sure I know what it will feel like when it happens (first pregnancy) but I keep having thoughts that I am just not picking up on the movements! I keep trying to convince myself that I am feeling something but I don't want to make myself nuts... hopefully soon enough!

28. SleepyMonkey

grapefruit / 4006 posts

I am a ftm too and i always have some sort of tummy rumblings going on anyway so i feel like i wont know the difference! Also during my 12 week scan i thought i saw the tech write anterior placenta which i have read can make it hard to feel the movements until past 20 something weeks

29. kml636

pomegranate / 3225 posts

I feel like sometimes i feel "something", but I"m not sure exactly how to describe it. I can't wait for those first kicks!

30. ksnow

apricot / 371 posts

How far along? 16w 2d

Total weight gain: ~4 lb

Maternity clothes? I've pretty much been wearing all maternity stuff this week

Stretch marks? no

Sleep: less naps! 8-9 hours a night.

Best moment this week: 16 week appointment and hearing the heartbeat again, 150 this time

Miss Anything? nope

Food cravings: nothing in particular, but my appetite is back!

Symptoms: belly is starting to grow, but I still don't have a bump noticeable to strangers

Looking forward to: 20 week ultrasound!

31. ksnow

apricot / 371 posts

I haven't felt any movement yet either. At my 16 week appointment with the doppler she said the baby kicked but I didn't feel anything.

32. ChelseaRose

persimmon / 1161 posts

@ksnow: that's exactly what my ob said too! Also, I understand what you mean about belly growing/changing but other people not knowing. I still haven't told my coworkers and sometimes I feel like it is obvious that I'm pregnant, but most of the time I just look chunky.

33. DillonLion

How far along? 15w today!

Total weight gain: Unknown

Maternity clothes? Yup. All pants. Am finally able to start wearing some of the tops.

Stretch marks? Just one so far

Sleep: Variable. Sometimes it is great, other times, not-so-great

Best moment this week: Belly picture looks like a bit of an actual belly is finally starting to show up.

Miss Anything? Not really.

Food cravings: I've been indulging in some delicious hot turkey sandwiches.

Symptoms: Teeny tiny little belly and feeling great.

Looking forward to: Showing more obviously

34. mrsjyw

GOLD / wonderful apricot / 22646 posts

How far along? 16w
    Total weight gain: 4 pounds?

Maternity clothes? wore mat shorts and maxi dresses all wk on our vacay and a one piece bathing suit on/off
    Stretch marks? none
    Sleep: slept thru the night and for 8 to 9 hours! occasionally got up for a bathroom break
    Best moment this week: dh trying to teach LO to say "DADA" while talking to my belly
    Miss Anything? a glass of wine
    Food cravings: no cravings, just hungry all the time!
    Symptoms: random gas pains (flutters?!) but nothing drastic, an occasional headache...
    Looking forward to: 16 w checkup and my belly POP!

so I haven't felt pregnant recently. no symptoms, besides the lower belly pooch, eating well, etc. I feel like myself except a lil heavier than normal. trying to get in tune so that i can feel baby flutters, but haven't felt a thing. trying to not be impatient, because i know in hindsight this pregnancy will be over before i know it... can't wait to start cleaning out the nursery and furnshing our LOs room!

35. SleepyMonkey

grapefruit / 4006 posts

How far along? 18w3d

Total weight gain: 3-4 lbs

Maternity clothes? Did a big shopping trip to Destination Maternity over the weekend. Got 2 shorts, 2 casual tops, 2 dresses for work. I can't wait to wear them!

Stretch marks? None yet. I asked my mom and inspected her belly, and she said she didn't get them, so I'm hoping that I was lucky enough to inherit her genes.

Sleep: Same as usual. Wake up 1x per night to pee, wake up naturally at 6am.

Best moment this week: Lots this week! Shopping with mom for maternity clothes. First person I didn't announce the pregnancy to congratulated me! Getting back into an exercise routine, finally.

Miss Anything? still missing wine terribly.

Food cravings: Same....fruity chewy candy.

Symptoms: Frequent heartburn, burping and hiccuping a lot when eating, getting full really fast.

Looking forward to: Friday when we go for our anatomy scan and hopefully find out the gender and feeling the baby move! I am so excited for both.

How is everyone else doing? Has anyone started thinking about how they are going to decorate their nurseries? Has everyone started their registries yet?

36. petuniasandpearls

cherry / 220 posts

@JessLC: I bought our glider last week Well, my MOM bought it for us, I just ordered it because it was on sale. She offered to gift us one, so I've been looking and the one I happened to love went on sale so we snatched it up! I started a registry, but it's more for me to remember things that were recommended--I have 6 car seats and like 4 strollers on it now haha. Clearly I need to spend time on it and narrow things down eventually. I've also started thinking about how to decorate the nursery, and I've been going crazy on pinterest

15 weeks today! Yay!

37. petuniasandpearls

cherry / 220 posts

How far along? 15 weeks
    Total weight gain: 2-3lbs
    Maternity clothes? Maternity pants for sure, I mix maternity shirts and dresses with non-maternity.
    Stretch marks? No
    Sleep: Love it, can't get enough.
    Best moment this week: Someone at work who didn't know if I was pregnant ASKED me if I was pregnant. I work with her a lot remotely, not face-to-face and when she saw me, she immediately saw a difference.
    Miss Anything? Mimosas. I've been craving one for weeks.
    Food cravings: SWEETS. Omg, I want cookies, brownies, candy, etc. I don't even like sweets very much when not pregnant, so this is new to me and WEIRD.
    Symptoms: I get fatigued quickly at the gym and still hungry all the time.
    Looking forward to: Our next doctors appt. next Monday...hoping we *might* be able to get another guess on the sex of the baby.

38. SleepyMonkey

grapefruit / 4006 posts

Went to our anatomy scan and its a girl!!! I am surprised to say the least. I thought for sure it was a boy. I have to get used to calling it a "she" now! Everything else looked good, she is healthy and weighs 11 ounces. I am so excited! Has anyone else found out yet?

39. MamaMoose

@JessLC: Congratulations!!! It is so the year of the girl on hellobee!! We are team green so we won't know for a while, but I'm so excited that our little month group is getting to the point where we'll be finding out lots of genders soon!

40. SleepyMonkey

grapefruit / 4006 posts

@MamaMoose: thank you!! So many people have told us it is way more fun to be team green though! How are you feeling? I remember you having some bad morning sickness. Did it subside yet?

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee