Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

Hey Nov 2012 Mamas!

1. MamaMoose

GOLD / squash / 13464 posts

@JessLC: Funny you should ask! I got a few days of sweet relief... but this whole week I have been slammed with the stomach flu. I was actually in the ER on Tuesday night because I needed IV fluids and a shot of Zofran. So this week has been brutal for me but today I feel like I'm finally on the mend *fingers crossed*. I'm really looking forward to seeing my OB on Monday and catching up with her because I'll be 16 weeks on Sunday and I'm down 5 pounds from pre-pregancy weight. And it's not like I was overweight to begin with.... so I'm a bit worried about that. But I'm trying to eat as much as I can keep down!

2. ChelseaRose

persimmon / 1161 posts

@jesslc: congrats on your healthy baby girl!

We have our anatomy scan on Tuesday. I can't wait!

3. SleepyMonkey

grapefruit / 4006 posts

@MamaMoose: oh no, that's terrible!! i'm so sorry you had to go through that. I hope you feel better soon, and I am sure your baby is perfectly fine even though you had a rough week.

@ChelseaRose: thank you!! have fun at your scan, it is so so amazing to see your baby and all of its little parts. we saw our little girl's nose and mouth and she was drinking the amniotic fluid! it really made the whole thing feel real, if that makes sense.

4. mrsjyw

GOLD / wonderful apricot / 22646 posts

@JessLC: congrats!!! our anatomy scan is scheduled for 6/25! can't wait to find out. most of our friends/family think it's a girl. i had a tiny inkling it was a boy, but i'm usually wrong, so i'm going to go w girl!

How far along? 17w 1 d

Total weight gain: 7 lbs, on pace to gain abougt ~30 lbs. my goal! so i'm happy!

Maternity clothes? no new clothes, just the batch that i ordered a month ago... def wearing my maxi dresses adn skirts a lot more

Stretch marks? no, not yet.

Sleep: sleep straight through w no bathroom breaks from about midnight to 7am and not sore ever since we got our new mattress on saturday!

Best moment this week: i swear i felt the baby move. (again, maybe it was gas? i'm a FTM). LOL

Miss Anything? sushi and wine

Food cravings: no cravings still, just eating lots and lots!

Symptoms: weekly migraine, but that's about it.

Looking forward to: anatomy scan in two weeks! growing bump!

5. DillonLion

GOLD / eggplant / 11517 posts

How far along? 16 W 3 D

Total weight gain: up 4 lbs at my doctor's appointment this morning. My first official increase in weight during pregnancy. Really happy with the rate of gain so far, since I'm only supposed to gain 15-20 total.

Maternity clothes? Only.

Stretch marks? Just the one new one so far.

Sleep: Had a whirlwind girls weekend in Chicago this weekend, so didn't get a whole lot of sleep and I am feeling it this morning!

Best moment this week: Hanging out with a big group of ladies, 4 of whom were pregnant. It was so fun to swap experiences! And had another good doctor's appointment this morning with a nice strong healthy heartbeat which was found a lot higher up in my abdomen than before Grow baby grow!

Miss Anything? Nope.

Food cravings: None. And feeling super hungry most of the time either.

Symptoms: Low back and butt extremely sore today, after all the walking I did this weekend.

Looking forward to: Our anatomy scan is 3 weeks from now, and I'm still looking forward to having an obvious, round belly to show off.

6. mrsjyw

@highwire: were you at the wb blogger meetup!? saw some pics so jealous of you ladies!!

7. DillonLion

@mrsjyw: Yup! It was so crazy. Phew!

8. ChelseaRose

persimmon / 1161 posts

We had our anatomy scan today and everything about baby looked healthy and normal.

Also, it's a boy!

9. SleepyMonkey

grapefruit / 4006 posts

@ChelseaRose: yay, congrats on your little boy!!!

have you been feeling movement yet? i think i might have today. felt like when a bubble comes to the surface of water and makes that bloop! noise. or it could be gas

10. petuniasandpearls

cherry / 220 posts

@ChelseaRose: Congrats on the boy!!

My anatomy scan isn't until week 22, which seems SO LATE. We're paying for an early gender scan next week, since at the 16 week appt. yesterday baby decided to not cooperate.

11. MamaMoose

@ChelseaRose: congrats on your little boy!!! So exciting!

12. ksnow

apricot / 371 posts

How far along? 18w 4d

Total weight gain: about 6 lbs

Maternity clothes? all the time now. My regular shirts never seem to be long enough to cover the belly bands.

Stretch marks? no.

Sleep: sleeping good, I sleep on my side anyways so that's been easy for me. About 8.5 hours a night.

Best moment this week: Having a rough week, my parents left and won't be seeing them again until the baby's born or later.

Miss Anything? no

Food cravings: no cravings, just eating a lot

Symptoms: more headaches than before.

Looking forward to: anatomy scan in just under 2 weeks, feeling the baby move...and I still feel like my bump looks more like flab then a bump...hoping it will "pop" soon.

13. ChelseaRose

persimmon / 1161 posts

Is anyone doing anything for their husband/SO for father's day even though they are only fathers-to-be?

I bought my husband (for the baby really) a set of three onsies from his favorite football team so that they can match during the rest of the season. I know he's going to miss out on a lot of sundays of watching the games with his friends, so I figured he can still watch at home with his new little buddy. haha

14. SleepyMonkey

grapefruit / 4006 posts

@ChelseaRose: that is so sweet of you, what a great idea! i didn't do anything for my husband - we aren't terribly sentimental people, so it didn't even cross our minds!

anyone else feeling movement? i finally started to feel it this past week, and it feels like...big bubbles of air, but without the air usually an hour after i eat, she'll thump around in there for about 10-30 minutes, and then it'll stop. husband put his ear to my belly today and said he heard a few of the thumps! he is so cute, he'll talk to my belly a few times a day.

15. mrsjyw

@ChelseaRose: yayy congrats!!

How far along? 18w 1 d

Total weight gain: 7 lbs, on pace to gain abougt ~30 lbs. my goal! so i'm happy!

Maternity clothes? need to get some more work dresses

Sleep: back to waking up in the am for a bathroom break, but sleeping well thanks to our new mattress!

Best moment this week: def felt the baby move!

Miss Anything? nothing really this week

Food cravings: no cravings still, just eating lots and lots!

Symptoms: no symptoms this week, tummy is getting harder.

Looking forward to: anatomy scan in one week! bump rounding out, finally starting the nursery project and starting registry!

16. petuniasandpearls

cherry / 220 posts

We're getting a 3D scan on Saturday to see the gender! I'm so excited! I can't wait to start picking things out that are pink or blue.

17. mrsjyw

@petuniasandpearls: yayyy so excited!!! we have ours (not 3d) on MONDAY! I think we will do a 3d one after 20 wks just to "verify" our anatomy scan

18. DillonLion

How far along? 17 weeks, 6 days

Total weight gain: 4 lbs at the last doctor's appt. last week.

Maternity clothes? Yep. And they are actually starting to look reasonable

Stretch marks? Nothing new

Sleep: Usually good. Had a fight with someone last night so I tossed and turned all night stressed out about it.

Best moment this week: Had a really nice prenatal yoga class last night. Been having some leg and back problems and the instructor gave me a lot of modifications and suggestions, which helped.

Miss Anything? Not really.

Food cravings: Not really.

Symptoms: Back/leg/hip pain on and off.

Looking forward to: Bringing up the rear at our anatomy scan which isn't until July 3rd.

19. MamaMoose

How far along? 17 weeks, 4 days

Total weight gain: At my appointment last week I was still down 2 lbs. Haven't weighed in since then. I was worried about it but doc said it's nothing to be concerned about.

Maternity clothes? Most of the time I wear my regular dresses. But if I wear pants they are maternity. I probably COULD button my regular jeans, but it wouldn't feel good : )

Stretch marks? Nope

Sleep: Usually have to wake up at least one to readjust because my back/hips hurt. And then once I'm awake I usually just go ahead and pee. But I fall back to sleep pretty quickly.

Best moment this week: I finally seem to have a little bit of my appetite back which is a nice change for me!

Miss Anything? I miss having a full day with no sort of pain and discomfort.

Food cravings: Not particularly. But anything with vinegar in it does taste really good to me.

Symptoms: Ligament pain all over the place (RLP in the front, pain in my back, pain in my hips). Blah

Looking forward to: My mom just set the date for my baby shower and started planning a bit so that has me super excited!! But it's not until Sept.

20. petuniasandpearls

cherry / 220 posts

We had our 3d scan yesterday AND.....

it's a baby girl!

Clear as day, no doubt about it, active little girl! We are so excited--we even bought her pink glitter tiny toms last night.

21. MamaMoose

@petuniasandpearls: congrats on your baby girl!!!

22. mrsjyw

@petuniasandpearls: YAYYY and so cute!! DH and I have our anatomy scan tomorrow and I made him promise me that once we find out gender we will go buy an outfit together (we haven't bought any baby clothes yet besides CDs and a white onesie for our local football team).

23. petuniasandpearls

cherry / 220 posts

@mamamoose @mrsjyw thanks! there are very, very, VERY few girls on my husband's side so we were shocked! i know this little girl is going to be spoiled rotten.

@mrsjyw - good luck tomorrow! can't wait to hear what you're having!

24. mrsjyw

BABY DUBS IS A BOY!!!!!!

He was measuring a week or so ahead, but Dr. kept our original due date so I'm going to stick to that timeline

How far along? 19 weeks, 2 days

Total weight gain: 13 lbs! :O

Maternity clothes? Wearing dresses and loving my baby bump!

Stretch marks? Nope

Sleep: Sleeping through the night thankfully to our amazing mattress, I wake up like clockwork at 7am though no matter what time I fall asleep.

Best moment this week: SEEING OUR BABY BOY YESTERDAY! Heart is so full this week.

Miss Anything? not this week, riding out the anatomy scan high!

Food cravings: no, just eating regularly at set times...

Symptoms: weekly migraine, BLEH. ooh and this is TMI, but had a couple vag pimples :T

Looking forward to: seeing baby bump grow and grow... and again 4 weeks 'til we see our baby boy at our next check up

25. DillonLion

November Baby Genders:

Girls:
    @jesslc
    @highwire
    @petuniasandpearls

Boys:
    @chelsearose
    @mrsjyw

Anyone else have any gender updates to give? Did I miss anyone that already posted their news?

26. SleepyMonkey

grapefruit / 4006 posts

@mrsjyw: yay, congrats on your little boy!!! so exciting!

@highwire: great idea! looks like we are pretty even so far, i'm interested to see how it turns out. i think i missed your and @petuniasandpearls gender announcements, so belated congrats to both of you!!

27. mrsjyw

@JessLC: thank you!!
    @highwire: thanks for setting up this list!

I can't wait to see the rest of the reveals (if any!)

28. DillonLion

Baby movement: Anyone care to give an update?

I just ate a chocolate chip cookie and this baby is WIGGLING.

29. mrsjyw

@highwire: did you read my mind? LOL

had a huge lunch and (bfast too for that matter)

baby is kicking me hard on my left side~

30. DillonLion

@mrsjyw: I did read your mind. Why do I think we are going to give birth on the exact same day?

31. MamaMoose

@mrsjyw: @mrsjyw: My baby always wriggles around after I eat too! I tried to get him/her to move this morning by playing some music on my belly but no dice. Perhaps pop country puts baby to sleep?? : )

32. DillonLion

@MamaMoose: Well, pop country just makes me want to DANCE so I don't know what that's about

33. mrsjyw

@highwire: seriously! lol

my tummy's all sorts of tight and pokey. did that make sense?

34. petuniasandpearls

cherry / 220 posts

I feel baby girl a LOT. I can feel her kicks fairly strongly on the outside now too.

I was in the car on the way to work this morning and I was listening to Carrie Underwood and baby girl was ROCKIN OUT. She could have just been telling me to send down food (I usually eat right when I get to work), but I'm going to go ahead and say it's because she's going to be a country music fan

35. ChelseaRose

persimmon / 1161 posts

I feel baby a lot now too. It is awesome. The kicks aren't too big yet (except for one time a few days ago), but I feel tons of kicks/hits and also some flips/somersaults. I haven't noticed it being in response to anything in particular yet though.

36. ksnow

apricot / 371 posts

How far along? 20 w 2 d

Total weight gain: 8 lbs

Maternity clothes? no new purchases lately

Sleep: still good! sometimes wake up to pee once a night.

Best moment this week: I think feeling the baby move for the first time (and more after that!). The anatomy scan was also really good! The baby was uncooperative in the anatomy scan; all bunched up really low and after many efforts to try to move the baby around and different techs trying, they rescheduled and we get another one in 2 weeks! It was still nice to get to see what we could of the baby! (Team Green so no new info on that front.)

Miss Anything? no

Food cravings: buffalo wings! and just more food in general.

Symptoms: none

Looking forward to: another anatomy scan, growing belly, more kicks!

37. DillonLion

How far along? 19 Weeks today

Total weight gain: Unknown. 5-10 lbs I'm guessing.

Maternity clothes? Yep! Some are finally starting to fit and look reasonable.

Stretch marks? Nothing new.

Sleep: Not bad. Not awesome either.

Best moment this week: Lots of baby movement! Especially after sweets or during loud music.

Miss Anything? Not really.

Food cravings: No cravings, but my appetite seems to be picking up finally.

Symptoms: Not much. Been really busy so I feel exhausted. But I think I'd feel tired pregnant or not.

Looking forward to: Our anatomy scan on Tuesday!

38. SleepyMonkey

grapefruit / 4006 posts

How far along? 22 weeks, 1 day

Total weight gain: 8-10 lbs depending on the day.

Maternity clothes? Yes, almost always now. For awhile, I couldn't stop shopping for them. It is hard to go from having a nice wardrobe to having nothing at all! Maternity shorts are THE BEST EVER. so comfy.

Stretch marks? Not yet! I should probably look into some sort of lotion, but I hate that sticky feeling.

Sleep: pretty good these days. There was a thunderstorm this morning and I didn't wake up, which is unusual. I always find myself waking up on my back though.

Best moment this week: Husband felt baby from outside! He was so excited, and it was so cute.

Miss Anything? the usual...wine.

Food cravings: rice krispie treats, strawberries, fruit snacks.

Symptoms: Just a popping belly (really popped this week! every time i ride the subway, someone asks if i want a seat) and a sore tailbone.

Looking forward to: vacation next week!! so excited to escape this brutally hot weather.

39. DillonLion

Getting the official, "final" word on the gender tomorrow tomorrow. Eek! Doctor was 80% sure at our NT scan, so that is why I stuck us in the girl category on here. But, we could get different news tomorrow. I doubt it, but it is still exciting either way. Ready to see the little one again!

40. ChelseaRose

persimmon / 1161 posts

@JessLC: I'm slightly jealous of the popping belly because I'm barely showing. I'm glad it is making people nicer to you.

@highwire: I hope everything goes well at your anatomy scan and that your girl is still a girl!

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee