Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

IF Check In - 3/12

1. ms.line

pear / 1770 posts

@NorthStar: Sounds like a great plan!

2. MrsKRB

nectarine / 2465 posts

@NorthStar: That's so great! I'm happy that you finally have a plan in place

3. Crystal

grapefruit / 4028 posts

@MrsKRB: Im so sorry, friend. This whole process is just so hard.

@NorthStar: Sounds like a great plan! How are you/your DH feeling about it?

@YogiRunner: Insurance can equally be the best and the worst, lol. That's great you have coverage for IF!

@AmeliaBedilia: I *hate* it when outside influences impact our timing, so I totally get it. I hope that with the other days you've hit, you still have a good chance! Your new house sounds amazing, and I fully 100% believe you will get to fill it with mini-AmeliaBedlias. I totally get how odd the situation can be- DH and I do that any time we are making a large purchase (most recently, a car).

@ms.line: Thank you for starting the thread!

I am still firmly in the TWW, but have a follow up appt with the dr on Thursday.

4. NorthStar

pear / 1881 posts

@Crystal: We feel really good about it and glad that we are at least moving forward with a plan. Got a positive OPK this afternoon, so will continue to try this cycle and hope for the best. When is the best time to BD? I'm thinking tomorrow morning and night??

5. jaguar

pomegranate / 3764 posts

@NorthStar: Doing it all locally will be SO much better!!

@Crystal: When will you be testing? xx

6. Crystal

grapefruit / 4028 posts

@NorthStar: I believe you are supposed to O 12-36 hours after a positive OPK.

If it was me, I would try to hit today, tomorrow, and the next day. Bonus points for the day after that if you think you'll O toward the later end of that time frame.

I don't do it more often than once a day so he has time to produce sperm.

7. Crystal

grapefruit / 4028 posts

@jaguar: I'm not sure I want to, especially since I don't feel any different, until I miss AF. I might on Thursday before my OBGYN appt.... Ugh, I am so over POAS. I hate those stark white BFNs.

8. jaguar

pomegranate / 3764 posts

@Crystal: I understand.

9. ms.line

pear / 1770 posts

@NorthStar: I'd do tonight and tomorrow night, if possible. It varies from woman to woman, but I usually ovulate on the day of my positive OPK.

10. ballerinabee

apricot / 452 posts

Catching up...

@Kelli_Deluxe: I'm so sorry AF showed so early. Our bodies can be so infuriating.

@YogiRunner: & @MrsKRB: I'm so sorry. It's so hard to finally have an intervention and not have it succeed. <hugs>

@ms.line: I'll join your TTC 6+ mos board. Sometimes I wish we had a longer one - 12+ or 18+. I definitely have a hard time on the regular POAS threads. I have a hard time keeping up because they move so quickly, and for the same reasons @Crystal: stated. Bitter party for 2! I'll join.

@jaguar: Sorry about the jabs, but glad to hear that you're starting another cycle. I hope this one works for you, I truly do!

@NorthStar: I'm SO happy that your RE appt was so positive, that you FINALLY have a plan, and can do it all locally. Here's hoping!!!

@AmeliaBedilia: I'm glad you have the renovation stuff to keep you busy, but sorry that it's exhausting and schedule conflicting and getting in the way of time & energy to BD.

I think you & I are pretty close, CD-wise. I'm CD17 now, and I think I had a pos OPK yesterday and today - I'll test again after work to see how the line looks. This will be another really late O for me, which means a short LP, so I'm not getting my hopes up. I'm not sure why all of a sudden in the last 6 months my O has shifted so much later. I used to O CD14 pretty consistently, and now it's much more like CD17-19. Frustrating. I'm not even sure if I am ovulating at this point - the OPKs get darker and then lighter, but the last few months they haven't gotten quite as dark as the control line (where they definitely used to, though this is a different lot # of wondfos), so I have no idea what to make of that.

11. ms.line

pear / 1770 posts

@ballerinabee: Please do join - I think the only people under 12 months are those with losses or male factor infertility. The regular POAS boards do move really quickly, and I can only scroll past "congrats!" so many times before I get depressed.

OPK sympathy - I'm a late ovulator, and I find wondfos to be tricky. But I think if they're getting *almost* as dark, you're probably ovulating.

12. NorthStar

pear / 1881 posts

@ballerinabee: Thanks, hun! We are hopeful and still trying this month, since I'll at least be relaxed on vacation next week! It will help the TWW go by fast

Holding out hope that you did ovulate and that your timing lined up good! I can certainly understand how frustrating it is, though..I always have a hard time with the Wondfos. I got a positive OPK on Tuesday afternoon (on a CBE) and then Wednesday morning, the Wondfo didn't look positive. So, I must have a short surge? I felt myself ovulate (I think) Wednesday morning. Have you tried using a digital one? I realize that are expensive, but maybe it's better to get a definitive answer?

Any update from HR??

13. ballerinabee

apricot / 452 posts

@ms.line: will do!

@NorthStar: I think I may try the babi strips next - I hear they're easier to interpret than the wondfos. I can't justify the cost of the digital testing to my DH. I wonder if I could buy one used and then just buy the test strips for it?

Remind me where you're going on vacation? That sounds wonderful, and will definitely be a nicer TWW! Have fun!

My I'm on day 3 of an OPK that's *almost* as dark as the test strip. 2 days ago and today it was almost as dark, yesterday it was not quite as dark. So I thought maybe I had a positive 2 days ago, and expected this morning's to be light. Nope. Back to darker. I have no idea what my body is doing.

And nothing from HR. His company is having significant other problems, so unfortunately they could care less about our insurance request. I'm so fed up. I keep telling myself that Sept is not that far away, and having to live with crappier insurance for a year (my insurance is crappier overall even though it covers IVF) isn't the end of the world.

14. ms.line

pear / 1770 posts

@ballerinabee: omg it's true that September is not that far away, but I would also want to call up HR and scream right now!

15. ballerinabee

apricot / 452 posts

@ms.line: Yep. We requested the paperwork change on February 16. He works for a company that has fewer than 20 people. I work for a company with ~5,000 people and ONE benefits person. She got me an answer and options the same day. His one benefits person has gotten me nothing since 2/16. It's unbelievable.

16. NorthStar

pear / 1881 posts

@ballerinabee: Heading to San Diego and rented a condo right on Mission Beach.

17. ballerinabee

apricot / 452 posts

@NorthStar: That sounds heavenly I'm going to my hometown (a village east of Cleveland, OH) this weekend. That's not nearly so lovely...

18. NorthStar

pear / 1881 posts

@ballerinabee: haha! Yes, it's a much needed vacation!

How frustrating with the HR lady! Seriously, lady, do your job!! Well, just keep on trying and doing BD until the OPK starts going the other way! It does get exhausting, though I wish that they would sell refills for the CBE holders so that we don't have to pay the full price!

Have you been temping? I gave up doing it this month and keep forgetting. Perhaps, next month, I'll start that up again.

19. jaguar

pomegranate / 3764 posts

OPK strips always do my head in. Although I wonder if that's because of my PCOS/body never knowing how to ovulate, they are just never that clear cut with me. Temping does help confirm though!

No news here, just jabbing away!

20. Crystal

grapefruit / 4028 posts

@ballerinabee: yay! We can sit together at the bitter table. I also wish we had a longer thread, but I wonder how many of us are in the 18 month+ category. I know I should be comforted that so many have "graduated," but it's so hard when I have no idea if I'll ever be that lucky. How often are you using OPKs? I had to start taking them morning and night near O so I could catch my surge. I also recommend Babis, wondfo can be hard to interpret!

@NorthStar: have fun in San Diego! do you live in the area? I need to temp again next month too.

Not much here to report, except I think AF is fast approaching. Dr prescribed a higher dose of clomid for next cycle, I'm looking forward to it!

21. jaguar

pomegranate / 3764 posts

@Crystal: Hopefully the next dose up does the trick!!

22. Crystal

grapefruit / 4028 posts

@jaguar: thank you! I'm feeling really hopeful this cycle, but I'm trying not to get my hopes up too much.

I hate that I (we?) have to balance our expectations like that!

23. MrsKRB

nectarine / 2465 posts

@Crystal: I know how you feel, I'm always struggling with wanting to be hopeful but not getting my hopes up. It's a lot easier to be pessimistic. I can't remember, are you being monitored with Clomid?

24. Crystal

grapefruit / 4028 posts

@MrsKRB: it is so much easier to be pessimistic, the optimism is a struggle for me. No, I'm not being monitored.

25. YogiRunner

clementine / 849 posts

I hate that "try to think positive" but also "don't be crushed if it doesn't happen" game. DH and I struggle with that a lot. Last cycle, my pregnancy blood test was scheduled on his birthday. It was hard to not imagine what an awesome birthday that would be for him. I do think positive thinking can only help our chances... I do believe that telling your mind to gear up for a baby will only help your body follow suit... but I also have been struggling with it this cycle after feeling so crushed last time. I don't even know if my 2nd IUI will happen because we'll be out of town CD13-15, so I'm not really paying attention to OPKs and O symptoms anymore. Sigh.

26. AmeliaBedilia

nectarine / 2192 posts

Does anyone who is TTC#1 worry about #2? We really want two kids, and figured TTC right after I turned 33 would give us plenty of time. Now I'm 35, and worrying that even if we conceive #1 (who would likely be born when I'm 36), that leaves #2 at 37-39. If IF has been this big of a problem age 33-35, what if it's even worse/chromosomal abnormalities/etc.?

27. PurplePumps

pomegranate / 3809 posts

@AmeliaBedilia: Yes and no. We wanted 2 maybe 3 also and I'm 35 now (started right before I turned 33). We're doing IVF so I'm actually hoping for twins so we get our 2 off the bat. Yes, I'm worried about age and how much harder it would be even older for #2. But also not so worried cause I think I'd be so thankful to even be able to have 1 at this point, that I'd be ok with just the one now.

28. MrsKRB

nectarine / 2465 posts

@AmeliaBedilia: Yes! So much so that I've been trying to be at peace with the idea of an only child, even though I would love to have a big family.

29. AmeliaBedilia

nectarine / 2192 posts

Here's an article I found today that uplifted me a little. FYI- this has a strong Christian perspective.
    http://theprayingwoman.com/2015/03/06/when-god-makes-you-wait/

30. ms.line

pear / 1770 posts

@AmeliaBedilia: I do worry, not so much for my age as for my DH's. He's already 41 and we haven't had any kids yet. By the time we'd be trying for #2 he's probably be 45+ - that's not SO old, but it means we'd have two kids in college when he's ready to retire! I'm also okay with the idea of having just one. Your timing seem fine to me, though - my mom struggled with IF, and finally had me at age 34, after 3 years of trying. She figured I'd be an only child, but then she had a surprise (healthy) pregnancy with my brother at 39!

31. Crystal

grapefruit / 4028 posts

@AmeliaBedilia: I am definitely worried about this. We wanted a minimum of 4 kids, which just seems like a joke now. I still want more than 1, but at this point, I know I'd be truly lucky to just have a single child.

32. NorthStar

pear / 1881 posts

In the midst of all this infertility stuff, testing, etc., I have now been summoned for jury duty in July! Hopefully, the IUI next week will work, but if not, I don't know what to do. I did formally ask to be excused/postponed until later this year due to infertility treatments, so we will see what happens. I don't know how much more directions I can be pulled in!

33. ms.line

pear / 1770 posts

@NorthStar: UGH what luck! I hope they excuse you! If you do get called in, a "trick" my mom and I have always used is to look at the defendant square in the face while they're interviewing you. It must bother the defense team, because neither of us has ever been placed onto a jury! Or you could be like Liz Lemon and show up dressed as Princess Leia.

34. MrsKRB

nectarine / 2465 posts

@NorthStar: my husband had jury duty last week and they let him go because our our infertility treatments. He did have to show up that morning, but was out by 11a or so!

35. ballerinabee

apricot / 452 posts

@NorthStar: How was SD? Did you have a great time? And yes, HR is frustrating. They finally just told us no, straight up. DH is looking at maybe changing companies this month, which would allow me open enrollment and the ability to start IVF in July / August instead of Sept / Oct. And the job would be an amazing opportunity for DH, and might allow me to stay at home for a few years if we have another baby... <fingers crossed!!!!>

I have been temping, but then forgot my thermometer when we went out of town for 4 days, so I've got a big gap in my chart right now.

I'm also <fx> for you to get out of jury duty! What a pain...

@jaguar: & @Crystal: my OPKs haven't been clearly positive the last few months, though I have had sustained temp spikes. I test morning & right after work (5-6ish) every day starting around CD10. So, I'm thinking I'm going to switch to babi or get a CB fertility monitor used on eBay to use along with temping.

@YogiRunner: I'm right there with you on hating the "try to think positive, but don't be crushed when you have a failed cycle" mantra. I just want to punch people with their helpful comments. I know they mean well, but man it gets old...

I'm CD 8 today, so my fertile window is likely coming up, and DH and I will be apart from Fri until Mon evening. I'm thinking about asking him to wait to leave until Saturday morning early so we can BD Sat am and still hit EOD on Monday evening. Is that selfish? He's going camping with our older boys (my stepsons) and I'm going to Charleston, SC for another Sunday night wedding (just got back from one in Charlotte, NC last night)...

36. YogiRunner

clementine / 849 posts

@ballerinabee: Not selfish to ask him that! Baby making time is pretty important

For me, CD1 after a second failed medicated IUI cycle. We decided not to go straight to IVF although that was an option... I hope we made the right choice. We have no known issues except my LP is low (Clomid did nothing to extend it)....

37. ballerinabee

apricot / 452 posts

@YogiRunner: Oh man, I'm sorry about CD1. I just replied to you on the 6 month+ boards that I hoped it would just be implantation bleeding. Stupid AF; she ruins everything! I think trying other interventions first is smart if you have no indications that they won't work. From what I've read / heard on these boards, IVF is emotionally and physically taxing. I hope you don't need to end up there!

38. GreenThumb

pear / 1986 posts

So I haven't had my Day 3 FSH or AMH tested since 2012 and just got my results from last weeks bloodwork. I'm not going to see my RE until June 25th, so I thought I would run my levels by my HB experts and see what you think.

Day 3 FSH: 7.6 mIU/mL
    AMH: 2.33 ng/mL

How does that sound for me at age 37? We are expecting to do another fresh IVF depending on my DHs SA results. Thanks!!

39. NorthStar

pear / 1881 posts

@GreenThumb: I'm 34 and my fsh was 6.9 and amh was 1.6. My re said they were normal. It seems like yours are normal too, but not sure how it correlates to your age..

40. travellingbee

hostess / papaya / 10219 posts

@GreenThumb: sorry just lurking and popping in to say your numbers are great at 37. Mine at 37 are FSH of 10.9 and AMH of 0.7-- I was diagnosed with DOR.

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee