Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

IF Check In - 3/12

1. mrswin

nectarine / 2433 posts

@GreenThumb: Another lurker. I was 29 when I had my FSH and AMH tested before our IVF cycle and my numbers 9.8 and 1.0 respectively and I was also diagnosed as boarder line DOR on top of endometriosis and MFI for my SO

ETA: I know you have been through a couple frozen rounds recently. Do you know if you clinic does endometrial biopsies to help with implantation??

2. GreenThumb

pear / 1986 posts

@NorthStar: Thank you, that is reassuring! I know I'll get more info when I see the RE, but my appointment is still two weeks away.

@travellingbee: Thank you! I'm really hoping that DH's SA comes back ok. We really want this fresh round to be it! Hope all is well with you!!

@mrswin: Thanks for your reply! I know that my RE suggested a biopsy the cycle before a transfer if we were going to do a natural FET with her (instead we chose to do a medicated FET with my old clinic since we did not want to move the embryos across the country). Now that we are doing a fresh cycle, I'm not sure what she will suggest. She explained that if we did a natural cycle FET, a biopsy the previous month would indicate whether my natural hormone cycle would be sufficient to support a transfer without hormone replacement, but she did not mention that it could help with implantation. Did you have experience with that?

3. mrswin

nectarine / 2433 posts

Ah the Internet ate my post!

When I was doing my IVF cycle my clinic was conducting a study to see if an endometrial biopsy in the cycle before a fresh transfer improves implantation rates. I didn't participate in that study because I didn't meet the criteria (previous failed cycle). My clinic was trying to see if they saw similar results to some of these studies before they considered including it in their protocol.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/23063812
    http://www.rbej.com/content/9/1/140
    http://www.ivf-worldwide.com/ivf-worldwide-blog/endometrial-biopsy-improves-implantation-pregnancy-outcome.html

4. ms.line

pear / 1770 posts

@GreenThumb: Those are great numbers! I'm 29 and my FSH is 6.7 and AMH is 1.7.

5. Crystal

grapefruit / 4028 posts

@YogiRunner: you have to feel good about it, so IUI sounds like the correct route!

@GreenThumb: sounds like those are great numbers!

@ballerinabee: i like the Babis. I got a positive on it this month, but never got a peak on my CBEFM. The one thing I don't like about the CBEFM is that you just test in the mornings, and my spike is always in the evening. (Plus, the sticks are $$$$)

6. GreenThumb

pear / 1986 posts

@ms.line: @Crystal: Thanks ladies! DH is doing his SA in a week or so (he is out of town at a conference next week). Let's hope his numbers are OK, too. We really want to be able to do a fresh cycle!!

7. mrswin

nectarine / 2433 posts

@GreenThumb: I forgot to tag you last night. See my response above

8. GreenThumb

pear / 1986 posts

@mrswin: Thank you so much for the links! I'll have to ask more about the biopsy/implantation success at my consult. I'm definitely ready to try anything!!

9. AmeliaBedilia

nectarine / 2192 posts

DH's SA came back "normal" but 5% morphology. There are two fertility labs in town, and the first one (3 months ago) said subfertile, poor prognosis due to 4% morphology (other numbers fine-great). DH did supplements and avoided the laptop for 3 months, with an increase in motility (55 to 78%), total count fine, but morphology only 5%. We had been labeled moderate MFI, but this RE says we're probably more unexplained. I had done 1 femara cycle last fall, and tried again this time with a BFN at 12DPO. So disappointed and confused.

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee