Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

IF Check In - 3/12

1. ms.line

pear / 1770 posts

@AmeliaBedilia: *hugs* I haven't been TTC nearly as long as you, and I still feel discouraged. It really is so hard!

2. Crystal

grapefruit / 4028 posts

@DesertDreams88: I hate metformin! I have been doign the dizzy thing lately too. FX it normalizes for us both soon!

@ms.line: @NorthStar: @DesertDreams88: Thank you for the clomid well wishes! Unfortunately, I seem to have the awesome side effects of hot flashes and headaches. Honestly though, they aren't too awful, just slightly annoying. Totally worth it if it works!

@DesertDreams88: Oops, i definitely did not take it at the same time every day. I will need to be better about that next cycle. I usually took it within about an hour of itself, except for the last day, when I was about 2 hours late...

@AmeliaBedilia: I totally understand the lonely feeling. It can be very isolating. Did you ever talk to your friend about the rude things he said on the phone?

I am STRESSING MYSELF OUT and way over thinking this. OBGYN wanted me to take clomid CD5-9 to bring my O date from CD17 to CD14. That would mean I would need a positive OPK tomorrow (CD13) so I O on CD14. My OPKs this morning were still very clearly negative, so I don't think I will be Oing on CD14.

Dr. wants me to do bloodwork on CD21, and visit him on CD30-33. I believe this is based on a CD14 O date, because he wants to check progesterone to verify I O'd.

WWYD? Would you adjust your bloodwork date or go on CD21 regardless?

(Yes, I know I am way over thinking this. Something about the IF process and my first clomid cycle has sent me even further over the edge).

3. ms.line

pear / 1770 posts

@Crystal: Sorry to hear about your side effects! I'm on Clomid this cycle and JUST got a positive OPK today on CD20. Try not to stress too much - taking Clomid CD5-9 is really not a recipe for success for CD14 O. If your OB is really that concerned about the date, maybe you should ask to take it CD2-6 or 3-7? And I think taking your pills within an hour window still counts as "the same time." Also, I would definitely wait to go in for your CD21 bloodwork until you're actually 7DPO.

4. NorthStar

pear / 1881 posts

@Crystal: Sorry, I've been MIA. Pretty busy at work. I would call then once you get a positive OPK and then they typically would have you come in around 7 days after you get the positive. I know it's easier said than done, but try not to stress as that can affect when you ovulate!

5. NorthStar

pear / 1881 posts

I think that I'm 12 DPO and am too chicken to test. No AF yet, but felt some symptoms yesterday, so I'm just in wait and see mode. Our daughter has been pretty sick, so temping was not happening over the past two weeks. I'll possibly test tomorrow morning, if AF hasn't shown.

6. MrsKRB

nectarine / 2465 posts

@Crystal: I would call them once you O to see what they want you to do. Good luck!

@NorthStar: good luck!!

AFM, I had 1 20mm follicle yesterday and 2 12/13mm ones, so I triggered last night and go for my iui tomorrow morning!

7. NorthStar

pear / 1881 posts

@MrsKRB: oh YAY!! Good luck tomorrow

8. DesertDreams88

grapefruit / 4361 posts

@crystal: it's my understanding that you O 5-10 days after tour last clomid pill, based on what my doctor said, what the clomid prescription says, what the pharmacist said, and looking at TONS of clomid charts on FF. I agree with previous posters, sounds like a call to your doctor is in order, either to clarify expectations or to confirm a positive opk. My ob doesn't like opks though, just prefers the TCOYF recommendat ions and BD EOD. I hope you O soon!

Sorry to hear about the side effects! When were you taking it?

9. MrsKRB

nectarine / 2465 posts

I have my iui today and I'm 95% sure I already ovulated last night judging by cramps and lack of cm this morning this sucks, hoping my egg stays around a little while.

10. NorthStar

pear / 1881 posts

@MrsKRB: oh no! Stay around little eggie! FX for you..

11. NorthStar

pear / 1881 posts

AF showed this morning, so onto cycle #22. At least I meet with the RE in two weeks. I'm thinking of emailing them to see if I can do my CD3 testing this Friday, so that I can get it out of the way. I wonder if they will let me do it..

12. MrsKRB

nectarine / 2465 posts

@NorthStar: thank you! We did my cd3 testing after our initial meeting and during my iui cycle, but it can't hurt to have everything done ahead of time.

13. PurplePumps

pomegranate / 3809 posts

@MrsKRB: Hopefully you can still catch it! The same thing happen to me too and I was so bummed. I went in for a scan one morning, and they're like crap! It looks like you're ovulating now, come back tomorrow morning for the IUI. They didn't think that'd be too late to try for me, so you should be ok if it was as late as last night. FX!

@NorthStar: They should be able to ok your CD3 blood work I hope! I was even able to just pop in any medical center that was convenient for me to have them draw blood and have my doctor send the order there.

14. MrsKRB

nectarine / 2465 posts

@PurplePumps: how come they didn't try to do the iui that day?

My Dr just called me. He said he's confident that I didn't ovulate last night based on Mondays labs levels, so I guess we'll see!

15. PurplePumps

pomegranate / 3809 posts

@MrsKRB: lol, I actually have no idea. I think they wanted to see the hormone levels first so they actually didn't tell me to come back the next day until much later that afternoon.

16. Miss Sarah

persimmon / 1259 posts

@MrsKRB: I feel like my clinic does IUIs the day of or the day after O with similar success rates. So even if you did O, don't get discouraged yet. And good luck to you!!

17. MrsKRB

nectarine / 2465 posts

@Miss Sarah: thank you I keep going back and forth from thinking we missed it, to maybe we got it, damn TWW

18. NorthStar

pear / 1881 posts

@ballerinabee: Any update on your insurance? I cannot believe how long this is taking them!!

19. ballerinabee

apricot / 452 posts

My post got eaten! One minute while I try to remember what I wrote...

20. ballerinabee

apricot / 452 posts

@NorthStar: Nope. HR didn't come through in time for May, so we're now waiting and hoping for June. She "hasn't had time" to take care of it. There are 10 employees (including her) in the company!! I work for a 5,000 person company and my HR benefits person (we have 1 for 5,000 people) got me an answer and some options the same day!! That was Feb 16 that we asked.

DH is a private person, which I try to respect. So, he hasn't told them why we need the insurance switched. I asked him the other day if he understands what his need for privacy is costing us, and particularly me, emotionally. He could tell them that I need a time-sensitive medical procedure that their insurance doesn't cover. But nope. He says I need to "be patient, it'll happen". I hate having no control.

AF arrived in full force on Monday, so I'm now CD5 in cycle 25. And DH is taking my stepsons and his dad camping during my fertile window weekend. I asked if he could reschedule, but he said we'll "fit it in Friday morning and Sunday night and that should be good enough". Except he leaves for work at 5am, so I'm doubtful about Fri morning.

I'm just feeling really hopeless and alone in this. DH is so laid back and doesn't get emotional or anything about this, so I feel like a nutjob a lot.

@NorthStar: did you get your CD3 bloodwork? I hope they let you. Having more info on your first visit is better! I'm so sorry about AF. I feel your pain!

21. ballerinabee

apricot / 452 posts

@MrsKRB: I really hope you caught the egg! <fx> for you!!

@AmeliaBedilia: I'm so sorry you're feeling low and alone. Know that you're not - at least not here. I know how it feels to have a positive / laid back DH who doesn't feel the same sadness / frustration / emotions around IF, and just thinks time will fix it. <hugs> Vent to us as much as you need. We're here to lean on!

@Crystal: I don't know anything about clomid (wasn't allowed to try any of that), but I really hope it works for you. I do know that stress affects your hormones, so try to find ways to relax (I wish I could practice what I preach!!).

22. NorthStar

pear / 1881 posts

@ballerinabee: Wow..all I can say is Wow. Seriously, your husband needs a slap upside the head to knock some sense into him! Do you think that he isn't fully vested in this because he already has children? I have no idea you can get him to try harder in this effort. And telling a woman to be patient while they are trying to get preggo doesn't work! My husband finally admitted last week that this doesn't bother him as much as it's bothering me. Guys just don't get it when it's not their body that is going through the monthly cycles. {hugs}

No, the RE wouldn't schedule the day 3 testing since I'm not their client until I have my consultation and my OB office wouldn't order the tests either. So, I'm stuck waiting until next cycle. If my day 3 falls on a Saturday, I'll have to go to the hospital for testing, which just would happen to be my daughter's 3rd birthday and the day that we are having her birthday party. fun times.

23. ballerinabee

apricot / 452 posts

@NorthStar: Thanks, I agree (about DH)! I wanted to strangle him last week when he said those things while I was sobbing. It didn't help that the paperwork failed to come through as I was PMS-ing. He claims he's going to go meet with her and stay with her while she takes care of it this month, but I'll believe it when I see it...

I don't understand why your OB wouldn't write the lab request for you. That's ridiculous! I had day 3 labs done through my OB before we went to the fertility clinic. They did them again at the clinic, but that's because he wanted to see if they were consistent. I can't believe the fertility clinic won't do a phone consult to make you clients and schedule the day 3 labs and an SA ahead of your initial meeting. What a waste of time. I'm sorry

24. MrsKRB

nectarine / 2465 posts

@ballerinabee: my husband is the same way, he doesn't understand why we have to go to a doctor for this, even though our RE said we have a 2% chance of conceiving on our own. He's convinced we aren't pregnant because we haven't just 'let whatever happens, happen' - well unfortunately you're only fertile for a short time period, so you kind of need to be aggressive! Ugh, men

25. ballerinabee

apricot / 452 posts

@MrsKRB: Men!! Mine always says "things always work out" . Right, but sometimes they work out because you do things to MAKE them work out! I wish I could think / feel like a man. I'd be so much less stressed...

26. NorthStar

pear / 1881 posts

@ballerinabee: @MrsKRB: seriously, men! They don't understand and I don't think that there is anything we can do to knock some sense into them (although, I'd like to try!!)

I'm frustrated that my OB and RE wouldn't let me do day 3 labs/tests, but there isn't much I can do. Just try again this month and meet with the RE on the 19th. Of course, the day before is the day that I'll probably get a positive OPK and will be staying at a friends house, so we will probably need to BD before we head down there or maybe when we get back on the 19th, but before going to work. ugh. At least we leave for San Diego on the 23rd for vacation, so I'll have a nice relaxing TWW!

27. MrsKRB

nectarine / 2465 posts

@NorthStar: Oh, that's exciting! I've always wanted to go to San Diego, have fun and relax and hopefully you will have one of those vacation babies

28. ms.line

pear / 1770 posts

@NorthStar: That is super annoying; I hate when doctors aren't cooperative! Glad you have a vacation coming up - I just started my TWW (although I have like, zero hope) and I'm about to head to Austin for a week - I'm really relieved to have a distraction from everything.

@BallerinaBee Omg, I would probably shake my DH! My husband is usually pretty empathetic about the whole IF thing, but he still doesn't get why I get "SOOO" upset about it. He doesn't seem to get triggered by friends' babies the same way I do. Also, insurance makes me want to scream - I really hope they come through for you this month!!

29. Crystal

grapefruit / 4028 posts

@NorthStar: @ballerinabee: @ballerinabee: ugh, MEN! Amiright? My husband is similar. This just doesn't impact him like it does me.

@ms.line: I will definitely be altering my clomid dates next cycle to bring it more in line. How has clomid been for you? Where are you in the TWW?

@MrsKRB @NorthStar: thanks for the input- Ill definitely call Monday, since I finally got a positive OPK this evening. If only our bodies would get in line and listen to us!

@NorthStar: how frustrating of the REs office! I would be so annoyed! I love San Diego! How fun!

@DesertDreams88: I was taking it at night. Next time I might take it during the day, I found I felt the worst around 12 hours after taking it- right in the middle of my work day.

@MrsKRB: FX for your IUI! How are you feeling? How was the process?

@ballerinabee: ugh, I want to smack your husband for you! He better stay on top of it!

30. MrsKRB

nectarine / 2465 posts

@Crystal: I've been feeling a little crampy since the iui (which of course puts all these thoughts into my head). The iui itself was quick and easy though. How are you feeling? I hope Clomid does the trick for you!

31. MrsKRB

nectarine / 2465 posts

Not looking forward to tomorrow I won't even be spending it with my mom since she lives on the other side of the country. What is everyone else doing? I'm planning on avoiding all social media, people on my Facebook are already posting the stats of all their children.

32. Crystal

grapefruit / 4028 posts

@MrsKRB: . My MIL planned a Mother's Day BBQ for tonight, which means 2 days of celebration. Yay? My MIL has also been known to give me Mother's Day gifts "in case we have an announcement." (nope! Just chubby!) I really just want to avoid the holiday altogether, but I don't know how I'd do that without hurting everyone's feelings and causing a huge deal.

FX for you with the IUI! You are 4DPIUI?

33. ms.line

pear / 1770 posts

@Crystal: I'm 4dpo, but we just found out earlier this cycle that my husband has low sperm count and poor morphology, so I'm not too invested in this TWW. I didn't have many issues with the clomid, but I'm going to be discontinuing in light of our SA results. Hope it does the trick for you!

@mrskrb: I'm definitely avoiding Facebook tomorrow! The baby and mom posts have already begun and it's just too much for me. I'm leaving for vacation on Monday so I'm just going to try to use that as a distraction!

34. MrsKRB

nectarine / 2465 posts

@Crystal: 3dpiui, and it is dragging! I will probably test next Saturday but I'm not getting my hopes up. My in laws are getting together as well, but im just going to have my husband tell them all that I am not feeling well. Plus, they like to drink a lot of wine so I don't want to have to explain why I'm not drinking

35. MrsKRB

nectarine / 2465 posts

@ms.line: yay vacation! Are you going anywhere good?

36. Crystal

grapefruit / 4028 posts

@ms.line: I'm so sorry to hear that... Do you have a plan moving forward? I'm sorry if you already explained that and I missed it.

@MrsKRB: lol, just when you will need the wine! I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you!

My left ovary is working overtime- ouch! I can feel it every time I take a step. Yay for finally O'ing!

37. ms.line

pear / 1770 posts

@MrsKRB: We're visiting one of my best friends in Austin and then driving out to Marfa, a weird little contemporary art mecca in the west Texas desert. Definitely not a kid-friendly destination, and I'm going to be doing lots of drinking - one of the few silver linings of IF!

Glad your hubby will cover for you for Mother's Day - take care of yourself!

38. ms.line

pear / 1770 posts

@Crystal: Thank you. You didn't miss anything - we don't really have a plan yet! Later this month I'm getting more labs and a sonohysterogram with my RE, and my husband has an appointment with a urologist. I'm anxious to just get IVF underway, but my RE wants us to wait another six months or more. Womp womp.

Glad you're O'ing! My ovulation has been rather painful on Clomid, but I like feeling like my body's "working!"

39. MrsKRB

nectarine / 2465 posts

@Crystal: there's a big ole egg in there just waiting!

@ms.line: nice! We are going to Austin in about a month, my mom lives about an hour NW of there.

40. ms.line

pear / 1770 posts

@MrsKRB: Oh cool! I've heard great things about Austin. It will be my first visit to Texas, so I'm pretty excited!

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee