Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

IF Check In - 3/12

1. momazon

kiwi / 613 posts

@jaguar: You're only the equivalent of 9dpo, though, right? Or maybe I'm counting wrong? Hoping that you still have a chance for it to turn! Have you decided if you'll be able to go for a fourth fresh IVF cycle, if this ends up not being the one for you? Ugh, the TWW is such torture when we want something so so so badly.

2. MrsKRB

nectarine / 2465 posts

@AmeliaBedilia: that's great about the hospital bill! Distractions are pretty much how I get through every day

3. MrsKRB

nectarine / 2465 posts

@jaguar: I really hope it's too early and your luck turns around, it has to

4. AmeliaBedilia

nectarine / 2192 posts

CD16 here and probably 1DPO. I'm trying to remind myself that this cycle and next are unlikely so I don't get my hopes up. I'm also trying to distract myself. I have a work trip next week for 4 days, and that should be fun. We're also working on the new house renovation. The big tasks currently are lighting and the kitchen. We're trying to decide what special cabinet features we want.

I'm already starting to dread Mothers' day. My mom now knows, so she'll be understanding. My plan is to avoid facebook, and do something really nice for myself- I just need to decide what.

5. Mrs. Jacks

blogger / pineapple / 12381 posts

@jaguar: I want you to get your miracle so badly! I wish adoption was a possibility where you are. It puts so much more pressure on you to not have that as a possibility.

I believe you'll get there. I really do!

6. Crystal

grapefruit / 4028 posts

@jaguar: how are you holding up?

@AmeliaBedilia: I'm trying to avoid thinking about Mother's Day. I love my mom, but I really don't want to be forced to celebrate this year. I feel silly for avoiding certain things, but it's probably for the best for my mental health.

I'm CD2. Getting excited to start clomid!

7. jaguar

pomegranate / 3764 posts

@Mrs. Jacks: I know, I wish with my whole heart it was an option too. We'd pursue that with arms open, and it's just awful that we don't even get that chance.

@AmeliaBedilia: Mother's Day can suck it.

@Crystal: I'm totally shattered, to be honest. Shadow lines on cheapy sticks and all these BFNs on First Response Tests... made me get my hopes up, and then come crashing down. And the idea of waiting around for another stim cycle in a few months is just so devastating.

8. Crystal

grapefruit / 4028 posts

@jaguar: I am so, so sorry friend. I am offering you the biggest virtual hug ever.

This journey is just so hard. I want a baby so badly.

9. AmeliaBedilia

nectarine / 2192 posts

I just got off the phone with someone whose third baby is due next month. He has speculated to a mutual friend that we might have infertility trouble. Then he has the audacity to complain about how hard it is to fit three kids in vehicles and how they need to get a minivan. I teased him (he has always sworn that he would never get a minivan) saying that he would lose cool points, and he got really nasty. I'm so angry.

10. jaguar

pomegranate / 3764 posts

@Crystal: *hugs*

@AmeliaBedilia: He need a swift kick to the testes.

Blah. Negative. No more embryos. Wah wah wah! #tinyviolin

11. NorthStar

pear / 1881 posts

@jaguar: I'm SO sorry! I have been following your story and was really hoping that you would get your miracle.

12. MrsKRB

nectarine / 2465 posts

@jaguar: *hugs* I'm so sorry, I know there is nothing I can say to make you feel better

13. PurplePumps

pomegranate / 3809 posts

@jaguar: I'm sorry Are you going to do another fresh cycle?

14. Crystal

grapefruit / 4028 posts

@AmeliaBedilia: how rude!

@jaguar: I am so sorry, friend. I wish there was something I could say to make you feel better...

15. ballerinabee

apricot / 452 posts

@jaguar: I'm so sorry It's just so unfair and crappy.

@AmeliaBedilia: I'm not sure how you restrained yourself. Tell him his ass is showing...

@Crystal: Hooray for starting a clomid cycle! I hope this is it for you!

We're STILL waiting for DH's insurance to process the request to drop me this month so I can pick up my insurance by May 1 so we can start IVF. We tried on our own this month and added ubiquinol (the bio-available form of coq10). FF thinks I'm 5-7 dpo now (it's switched me between CD15 & 17 for O a few times), and while our timing wasn't super stellar (DH has been working 15-18 hour days and very stressed), I'm still stupidly hopeful!

My Fertility Friend Chart

16. NorthStar

pear / 1881 posts

@ballerinabee: Why is it taking so long?! Do they know that you want to pick up the other insurance in 4 days? They have really dragged this out

17. Crystal

grapefruit / 4028 posts

@ballerinabee: why are they dragging this process out? That's ridiculous!!!

@NorthStar: how are you doing?

I'm really tying to temper my expectations for my first clomid cycle, but I'm just feeling so hopeful!

18. DesertDreams88

grapefruit / 4361 posts

@crystal: Fingers crossed for you and me both with clomid! It's been making my temps crazy, I think I might have already ovulated but I don't know; anyone familiar with interpreting clomid charts? http://boards.hellobee.com/topic/1st-time-on-clomid-did-i-ovulate-already#post-2158892

Also, my obgyn called and basically said my husband's 1.5% morphology is no big deal, saying they get "really low morphology numbers from that fertility clinic all the time, nothing to worry about." His count & motility are fine, and we did get pregnant back in September with no assistance.

My obgyn wants to stick with our metformin + unmonitored clomid + progesterone plan, and do that for 6 months before re-evaluating..... He also doesn't feel the need to do a repeat SA in 3 months, since he thinks the morphology numbers won't improve. I'm uneasy about this plan and sometime in June/July I plan to go see an RE and take a break from clomid.

Ugh.... I'm trying to trust my doctor for now (he is so kind, and he does specialize in infertility) and trust all the encouraging responses on my other thread (http://boards.hellobee.com/topic/low-morphology-diagnosis#post-2155022) but 1.5% morphology plus PCOS is really scary!

19. travellingbee

hostess / papaya / 10219 posts

@Crystal: @DesertDreams88: don't give up if the first cycle doesn't pan out! This was our 2nd!

20. jaguar

pomegranate / 3764 posts

@PurplePumps: Yeah, we'll have to start another fresh.. but gotta find the $$$ and potentially a new clinic, since I'm feeling less than hopeful with our current one.

21. NorthStar

pear / 1881 posts

@Crystal: I'm hanging in there. I'm on day 21 and just trying to stay relaxed. I thought that I felt mild pinching yesterday, but am not sure. No implantation bleeding that I'm aware of. I'm trying to be hopeful, but realistic that this probably won't happen without intervention.

My husband is heading up to our in-laws cabin this weekend, but I have no desire to go. After my SIL announced her pregnancy, I don't want to hear how excited MIL is. But, perhaps it would do me some good to be on the lake for a day. I'll see how I feel in a day or two.

btw - do you guys think it is funny that we are still posting on this thread from March? I'm actually fine with it as it's less threads to keep track of

22. ms.line

pear / 1770 posts

@DesertDreams88: I'm also having a hard time trusting my RE. We met yesterday after getting my husband's totally dismal semen analysis back, and she wants to do... nothing. She said she wants me to try for 6 more months before we even discuss interventions, which to me seems batshit insane. Not that I want to be pressured into immediate IVF, but the idea of sitting around twiddling my thumbs for 6 more months when there's an clearly an issue is really making me agitated. I'm thinking about getting a second opinion at another clinic, but the one I'm currently at is supposed to be the best...

I think you should consult an RE in a few months if you feel up to it... six unmonitored Clomid cycles in a row doesn't seem like fun. But fx that you'll be pregnant by then anyway!

23. MrsKRB

nectarine / 2465 posts

@ms.line: that seems really fishy, like she wants to milk you for everything. I'm surprised she wouldn't want to at least try an iui.

24. jaguar

pomegranate / 3764 posts

@ms.line: Second opinions are REALLY important. I'd definitely get one if your gut doesn't sit right with things. x

@NorthStar: Maybe we should just make an IF chat in general, hehe.

@DesertDreams88: I know lots of low morph couples who got their miracle. I hope you get the same!

Well, I stopped progesterone support yesterday so just waiting for a bleed... and then we do nothing. FS appt next Friday, and we're trying to get a phone consult with a new doctor/clinic for this week, just to get some ideas.

25. DesertDreams88

grapefruit / 4361 posts

@Ms. Line: Oh no, that stinks!! I saw on the May thread that you are on cycle 5 for Baby #1, so what prompted you to go to an RE? I see that your temps have a much bigger ovulation jump on Clomid than they did before, so I think that's an encouraging sign! Hopefully the 100mg of Clomid does the trick!

26. Crystal

grapefruit / 4028 posts

@jaguar: are you looming to switch to a new clinic? Is the one you are currently with where you had Georgia?

@DesertDreams88: 6 rounds of clomid seems like a lot with no monitoring, especially with what I've heard it can do to your lining! I haven't been temping this cycle yet, but I got my thermometer out in case I feel like doing it tomorrow.

@NorthStar: I used to force myself into those situations, but now I realize it's just not worth my mental health. A few days to relax at home may not be a bad plan. Do your ILs know what's going on with you?

@ms.line: can you remind me why you're at the RE already? And a second opinion definitely can't hurt!

Took my first clomid pill! Did you all do anything different in your clomid cycles? Avoid any certain types of exercise?

27. bloved

persimmon / 1114 posts

@jaguar: I am so sorry. Hopefully a new doctor will make the difference.
    @ms.line: waiting is the worst. I would definitely seek a second opinon...you have nothing to lose.
    @Crystal: good luck with the clomid!

AFm... 11dpo on my natural in-between-ivf cycle and (of course) only negative pregnancy tests. Bleh- Surprisingly angry that I can't be that person who gets pregnant while waiting (although I don't know why- I am certainly not surprised). I am dreading going through fresh ivf again, and also impatient to get it started!

28. ms.line

pear / 1770 posts

@DesertDreams88: @Crystal: Sorry for the drive-by - I never really introduced myself on this board. I stopped BCP last year before actively TTC, and discovered my cycles are irregular - I don't ovulate until the CD20s, and only have a 7-9 day luteal phase. I also have extremely light, mostly brown periods. The nurse practitioner that I see for my well-woman exams was concerned by this, so she referred me to an RE back in January. The RE was super dismissive, said I had just started trying and she didn't see any problems. Fast forward a few months, my period still isn't regulating, so I decided to consult my gynecologist. He wrote me a script for Clomid and told me to come back in 4-5 months if I'm still not pregnant. When I got my BFN after the first Clomid cycle, my husband decided to go in for a semen analysis at the RE's clinic. Turns out he has low count, low motility, and low morphology. Those results led to Monday's meeting with the RE, where she again didn't really acknowledge any problem and just told us we need to keep trying on our own. I'm not a doctor, and I will freely admit that patience is not one of my virtues, but I feel like I'm just hitting my head against the wall waiting for someone to *let* me fork over all my money for some level of intervention. (Apologies for sounding whiny, I know many on this board have been through *much* harder situations than a dismissive RE!)

@mrskrb @jaguar @bloved - Thanks for the encouragement. I think I'm going to wait to see what my husband's urologist has to say and then go from there. Even dealing with all these doctors is so stressful!

29. NorthStar

pear / 1881 posts

@Crystal: No, they don't know what is going on, but are considering telling them soon. Mainly because once we start seeing an RE and have interventions or appointments that come up suddenly, we might need someone to come and watch our daughter (depending what time the apt is as the RE will be 2-3 hours away).

I'm considering asking DH if we can just go for the day on Saturday as it's going to be close to 80 and with that weather and on the lake, there is nothing better. Also, MIL isn't overbearing, so I'm not anticipating it to be too stressful. I think that I just work it up too much in my head.

30. NorthStar

pear / 1881 posts

@Crystal: Exciting for the clomid! Hopefully, you don't have much of a reaction! I think that you can exercise as normal..

31. ms.line

pear / 1770 posts

@Crystal: I'm on Clomid cycle 2 and haven't made any lifestyle changes - I'm running a half marathon on Sunday! I didn't have any EWCM my first Clomid cycle - though that's not rare for me, I decided to start 1500mg/day of evening primrose oil. Seems to be helping so far. Hopefully your side effects are minimal and you get your BFP!

32. MrsKRB

nectarine / 2465 posts

@bloved: I was really upset too when I didn't get KU on the cycle before treatment, I feel like it always happens to everyone else!

@NorthStar: I think going for 1 day sounds like a good plan, you get the best of both worlds

@ms.line: Yea, I would get a second opinion, if there is obviously something wrong I don't know why they would make you keep trying/waiting when your chances are lower.

33. DesertDreams88

grapefruit / 4361 posts

@crystal: I didn't do anything differently with the clomid, but I did read it was important to take it at the same time each day and it was suggested to do at night, to sleep off any side effects like headaches. I got REALLY hungry on clomid, just warning!! Have healthy snacks on hand.

As for the unmonitored clomid, my ob wants me on clomid days 2-6 bc supposedly that will impact my lining less. I will insist on monitoring once I'm off on summer break (I teach until May 28.)

34. MrsKRB

nectarine / 2465 posts

I went in for my ultrasound today at CD11 - 3 follicles only at 12, 13 and 13 mm, I feel like they should be a lot larger at this point? My dr said not worry and to come back on Monday, but I'm really bummed and feeling like this cycle won't work. On top of that, he had a really hard time finding my left ovary because of a fibroid in the way.

35. AmeliaBedilia

nectarine / 2192 posts

I'm at a work conference, and it is busy but going great! Excellent TWW distraction. I usually O on CD15, but my temps were a little wonky (weather change and I missed an important day), had EWCM on CD13, so I might have ovulated CD14. If so, I'm 8 DPO. I just need to stay distracted.

36. jaguar

pomegranate / 3764 posts

@MrsKRB: I wouldn't worry about the follicle sizes. They can really take off quite quickly when they're ready!

37. DesertDreams88

grapefruit / 4361 posts

I've been dizzy off and on for a couple days now and I got excited because it's the only pregnancy symptom I ever had back in October... but then I realized that it's probably just due to the metformin building up in my body over the last 3 weeks (low blood sugar maybe) womp womp.

38. AmeliaBedilia

nectarine / 2192 posts

@DesertDreams88: I hate symptom stalking. I should know by now not to, but I keep doing it.

I started light spotting last night. It's very light and temp dipped a bit. I think I'm now 11DPO, but I missed taking my temp on a key day. DH has only been on his regimen for about 6 weeks (so was only on a month when I O'd), but I'm frustrated that my LP seems to be worse. I'm so disappointed, and closing in on the two year mark. I'm 99% positive this isn't it, and I feel so hopeless. I'm worried that DH's morphology won't improve with the supplements and avoiding the laptop, or that there's something wrong with me that the tests don't show. Prior to the SA in March, I was convinced it was LP/unexplained, so it's hard to shake that. DH is reminding me that we haven't even given the supplements time to work. I'm so discouraged.

39. MrsKRB

nectarine / 2465 posts

@AmeliaBedilia: I'm sorry have you tried taking any vitamins for your LP? (B complex?) and it will take time for his morphology, I know it sucks to wait even longer than you already have, but I thinking takes about 3 months for men.

40. AmeliaBedilia

nectarine / 2192 posts

@MrsKRB: thanks. I have tried multiple things including B complex. It's so hard to be patient. DH and I just had a long talk about how lonely we feel, in large part that almost all our married friends have babies and we're left out.

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee