Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

IF Check In - 3/12

1. NorthStar

pear / 1881 posts

@travellingbee: Thinking of you! It's such a fine line of feeling positive, but scared to be too positive and getting hurt again. Ugh, infertility is not for the faint of heart.

2. BrianaK

grape / 89 posts

@travellingbee: totally understand your ramble! It's so tough to go through all this. I'm in the same boat, having a great Clomid cycle with a follicle on each side and great lining, but it doesn't equal a baby

3. DesertDreams88

grapefruit / 4361 posts

I've been thinking about using preseed or concieve plus with these clomid cycles, but I don't want to spend money on a lube that my husband dislikes and possibly inhibits his ability to finish. Am I over-thinking it? Did your partners have a preference or dislike one or the other?

4. MrsKRB

nectarine / 2465 posts

@travellingbee: I hear ya! Lately I haven't been thinking anything positive because it's so much easier than being let down

5. MrsKRB

nectarine / 2465 posts

@DesertDreams88: my husband said it was too slippery, but I don't have any problems with CM so I wonder if I just overdid it?

6. travellingbee

hostess / papaya / 10219 posts

@DesertDreams88: DH didn't like it when we just used it as a lube. But when i
    I use the applicator (and just put a bit up there), he likes it just fine!

7. PurplePumps

pomegranate / 3809 posts

@DesertDreams88: We had no issues with it, DH didn't mind at all. We've used it both ways.

8. ballerinabee

apricot / 452 posts

@travellingbee: <hugs> I know how you feel! I always swear that I'm not going to get my hopes up, and then some cycles I really do, and then the fall is hard. I am hoping so hard for you!

9. travellingbee

@ballerinabee: thanks... Ugh it's so tough. I feel like I get emotional whiplash.

10. Mrs. Jacks

blogger / pineapple / 12381 posts

@BlueWolverine: I know lots of people on the TTC over 40 boards who had success with those kind of numbers by using supplements and making some lifestyle changes in addition to RE interventions. Don't give up unless you are truly content with one :). There's almost always a route to success.

11. BlueWolverine

pear / 1510 posts

@DesertDreams88: My husband hasn't said anything either way, so I assume he's OK with it.

@Mrs. Jacks: Thanks. We meet with the RE next week to go over test results so I'm trying to chill until then. It was just a shock to hear a nurse say "donor egg" on the phone when I thought I might just have a fibroid. I wish she would have just said that my AMH is low and the doc will discuss it with me. She did take care to say that they need to look at all of our test results together. But damn with throwing "donor egg" at me on a random Monday morning with no prep at all.

12. Mrs. Jacks

blogger / pineapple / 12381 posts

@BlueWolverine: yeah, they are quick to throw that out with us older mamas. They just want their stats to look great. Check out the TTC over 40 boards at baby center for inspiration. I think you'll find that people who keep at it despite losses and lots of negative tests eventually get a take home baby.

13. jaguar

pomegranate / 3764 posts

I like Preseed, but you certainly don't need as much as they like to say on the box. A little goes a long way!

14. DesertDreams88

grapefruit / 4361 posts

Thanks for all the pressed/conceive+ input! DH had some trouble finishing back in Jan/Feb, and when we switched lube, it helped a lot, so I'm hesitant to try something new but it seems to be a pretty common switch here at HB.

15. DesertDreams88

grapefruit / 4361 posts

As for the roller coaster of hope, I'm always neutral for week 1 of my cycle, anxious but getting kind of hopeful for week 2-3, very hopeful for the first week after O due to "great timing" and lots of "early symptoms" then all the pregnancy symptoms start to fade as all the BFNs roll in, day by day. The day or two between accepting the cycle didn't work out, and AF actually arriving, suck the worst, in my opinion. But I guess I should be thankful for a 14 day LP.

16. travellingbee

@DesertDreams88: that's sounds about right.

17. DesertDreams88

grapefruit / 4361 posts

Soooo all day today I've had clumpy brown discharge mixed a bit with clumpy white discharge, kind of jelly-like (TMI!, sorry!). I'm on CD 5, with 3 days of clomid already taken. I had light, then medium, then back to light bleeding for CD 1-3; which is very standard for me. Took a HPT today just in a case and it was , as expected. My temps are still really high (post-O high) but I thought that's because clomid can elevate temps. Chart here: http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/DD88/

Have any of you experienced similar discharge while on clomid or after stopping progesterone?

18. Crystal

grapefruit / 4028 posts

@DesertDreams88: I haven't taken clomid before (will start next cycle), but I'm curious to hear the responses.

@travellingbee: big hugs. How are you holding up?

I'm hanging out at 7DPO of the last cycle before I start clomid. I feel like this is a throwaway cycle since we aren't using any interventions, so although we had good BD timing, I doubt I'm KU. I'm anxious for my next cycle to start.

19. bloved

persimmon / 1114 posts

@DesertDreams88: I don't remember from my clomid days, sorry. when I have stopped progesterone after a transfer, I have not noticed anything different. Did you test?

@crystal: I understand the cynicism...I am pretty much in the same place. Hopefully your wait goes quickly.

As for me, I finally ovulated after my d&e over a month ago. I am not holding out any hope for a miracle natural baby, so just want this cycle to end so we can get to our fresh ivf cycle.

20. travellingbee

@DesertDreams88: Ive had brown discharge while on progesterone but not on Clomid. Hmmmm,maybe just the end of AF coming back for a last hurrah?

21. AmeliaBedilia

nectarine / 2192 posts

I would like some advice. I'm involved with a group that is putting on a big conference in a few weeks. Two of the group are pregnant, and someone suggested we all contribute to get them baby presents. We are not close (I didn't even know they were pregnant), and haven't seen them or had any contact with them in 6 months. The one I like is only sort of in the group, and the other one is extremely annoying (doesn't pull her weight, thinks the world revolves around her). I would be annoyed at chipping in $20 for people I'm not close to even without the IF. The IF really makes it sting- I'm already tired of buying baby gifts for people I am close to, and we just bought a farm that we are renovating (not to mention that I am fighting an HSG bill for $1100 that was supposed to be $140) so we're trying to watch our money. The leader sent out a very nice email to the people who hadn't contributed asking if we wanted to, "but no pressure, I just want to know how much money there is before I go shopping." I want to say no, but can I say that without looking like a selfish b$%^&?

22. jaguar

pomegranate / 3764 posts

@AmeliaBedilia: Sorry, but I'd just say that due to fertility treatments, I wasn't able to contribute right now.

But if you're not public about things, just say that you've got some financial complications getting in the way.

23. travellingbee

@AmeliaBedilia: you can just say you're kind of in a tight spot right now and can't...? I understand. I was the last of everyone I know to get married and went to a million weddings and showers. Then I was the last to have kids... But when I did get married and have DS everyone else was more than generous to us. I think either way is fine since it is optional.

24. PurplePumps

pomegranate / 3809 posts

@AmeliaBedilia: I hate stuff like that! I'd just opt out. If you aren't sharing your IF struggles, but don't just want to appear to not be "team player"... I'd just say something along the lines of sorry, I won't be able to contribute. My husband and I have had some unexpected medical bills and are on a very tight budget right now. People never pry or question "medical issues".

25. NorthStar

pear / 1881 posts

I don't know what is wrong with me..my sister in law announced that they are pregnant and of course, I'm happy for them, but can't help thinking about our situation.

I had a positive OPK yesterday, so BD last night and this morning. Will probably do tomorrow morning too for good measure. The interesting thing is that the positive was on CD14 and last cycle, I was on letrozole and didn't get a positive until CD17. It's almost like my body likes it better when I don't take medication/intervention.

26. NorthStar

pear / 1881 posts

@AmeliaBedilia: I agree with what everyone else has said and that you have some personal financial items that have come up or medical bills or something to that effect. There is no reason for you to participate when you aren't close with this person.

27. MrsKRB

nectarine / 2465 posts

@NorthStar: There's nothing wrong with you! I am already dreading pregnancy announcements from some newly married couples we know, and it hasn't even happened yet!

28. PurplePumps

pomegranate / 3809 posts

@NorthStar: That's perfectly normal imo. It's hard to overlook IF. Ive just pretty much blocked any parent friends of mine who keep posting pics of their babies so I don't have to see it. :-\

29. MrsKRB

nectarine / 2465 posts

Hey all, I have a (weird?) question! Tomorrow I have my CD3 ultrasound to start my Femara + IUI cycle. What can I expect? I would imagine it is going to be a transvaginal ultrasound, but I still have AF. How did you all go about that?

30. PurplePumps

pomegranate / 3809 posts

@MrsKRB: haha.. yeah, I hate CD3 u/s. I just go to the bathroom right before heading in to remove my cup and wipe up. There's bound to be blood, but I'm sure it's nothing they haven't seen before. Nothing embarrasses me at the doctors anymore.

31. MrsKRB

nectarine / 2465 posts

@PurplePumps: I use a cup too, wasn't sure if I needed to switch to a tampon for it. Good to know I don't, thanks

32. jaguar

pomegranate / 3764 posts

@MrsKRB: Yeah, they'll use dildo cam with a condom, so no stressing if it's a wee bit messy! xx

33. Miss Sarah

persimmon / 1259 posts

@MrsKRB: Good luck tomorrow!!

34. DesertDreams88

grapefruit / 4361 posts

@AmeliaBedilia: DH's SA just came back and his morphology is at 1.5. Besides being totally bummed (just got diagnosed with PCOS 3 weeks ago, and now this??) I'm wondering about next steps.... what supplements is your husband taking and how frequent is "frequent ejaculation"?

35. DesertDreams88

grapefruit / 4361 posts

@AmeliaBedilia: Ah I see you replied to me over on the other thread, I'll move my questions there

36. MrsKRB

nectarine / 2465 posts

@jaguar: LOL at dildo cam

@sarahnicole218: thank you!

37. ballerinabee

apricot / 452 posts

@jaguar: omg, dildo cam! I snorted laughing over here... Love it!

@MrsKRB: hope it goes / went well! Mine was really uncomfortable, and I'm not sure why. The HSG was no sweat at all, but the CD3 ultrasound was rough. I hope yours isn't!

@AmeliaBedilia: I'm sorry you're in this situation. I can't believe they're peer pressuring people into donating. I hate things like that. You don't know them that well, money is tight, and it's no one's business! <hugs>

@NorthStar: You're not alone. It's so hard with IF. Of course you're happy for other people's baby news, but it hurts. It sucks. I'm sorry, hon. <hugs for you too>

I'm still in limbo over here waiting for insurance paperwork and hoping like hell that I can pick mine up effective May 1. I found out that it can take weeks for our insurance to approve IVF, so they'll let me start BCP in May if this cycle is a bust, but there's no guarantee that we'll get to start next month.

I think I got a positive OPK on 4/20, but it wasn't quite as dark as the control line. My tests were definitely getting darker and now are light, so I'm watching my temps. They jumped this morning, but of course FF wants 3 days of elevated temps to confirm O. Our timing wasn't amazing, but DH is under a lot of stress at work (he's working 15-18 hour days right now!), but I'm trying to be optimistic.

38. AmeliaBedilia

nectarine / 2192 posts

CD14 here. I expect to O tomorrow. I got what I think was EWCM last night, but it's so hard to tell with frequent BD. I'm hoping so- I usually don't have much. DH has been tired and stressed, which has made BD frustrating, and then he's out of town tonight until tomorrow afternoon. We did get BD in this morning though. DH has been on the new regimen for 5 weeks, so it might be too soon, but here's to hoping.

In other happy news, after tons of fighting with the hospital, they finally dropped the charge for the HSG from $1050 to $140 (what they told me it would be). We are planting a bunch of trees this weekend on the farm, and working on the renovation. We're currently deciding what special features we want in the kitchen. Hopefully it will distract me.

39. jaguar

pomegranate / 3764 posts

Negative so far. I am SO angry, why can't we catch a freaking break????

40. AmeliaBedilia

nectarine / 2192 posts

@jaguar: Hugs! So sad for you!

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee