Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

IF Check In - 3/12

1. travellingbee

hostess / papaya / 10219 posts

@NorthStar: I have talked to my boss because 1. we are pretty close and 2. I have had to leave for so many appointments. She has been really understanding.

So an interesting turn of events here. We have been accepted into a clinical trial for IVF next cycle (if this clomid cycle doesn't work!) It will only cost us $3500 which is amazing. The doctor said it is an older, longer protocol which he said he probably wouldn't normally use with me, but he still thought it gave us a good shot and at that price, maybe at least we would get some frosties. So we are going to try it next cycle!

2. NorthStar

pear / 1881 posts

@travellingbee: oh wow! that's wonderful!! I hope that this cycle works and you don't have to do it, but what a relief to know that is an option for next cycle, if needed!

3. travellingbee

@NorthStar: Yes, just to know that we have an (affordable) next step is very relieving.

4. MrsKRB

nectarine / 2465 posts

@travellingbee: that's great! Good luck!

5. Crystal

grapefruit / 4028 posts

@travellingbee: that's awesome!
    How did you find out about it?

6. NorthStar

pear / 1881 posts

@Crystal: I wondering the same thing. I'll have to add that to my list of questions for my RE. If there are any clinical trials that I would qualify for..

7. travellingbee

@Crystal: @NorthStar: I saw it on the website! They had a tab for clinical trials. It's not my doctor but another well respected one in the area. My friend went to him and liked him. You could also Google clinical trials IVF and your city.

8. AmeliaBedilia

nectarine / 2192 posts

@travellingbee: Sounds great!

Someone had asked on a prior page, but I can't reply: progesterone can increase temps. My last chart looked like a pregnancy chart, but BFN.

I haven't been temping this cycle, but likely 3DPO based on when I usually O. DH has been taking his supplements and avoiding his laptop on his lap for the past 3 weeks. There was a study about how vitamin C helped sperm issues, and how many women got pregnant before the study was even done, so I'm having a hard time not getting my hopes up (though I know it should take much longer). I've been having lots of baby dreams, and then wake up upset that I'm not pregnant. On the other hand, I keep having this feeling that it's going to happen. Agh, lifestyles of the poor and infertile.

9. Crystal

grapefruit / 4028 posts

@AmeliaBedilia: lol @ lifestyles of the poor and infertile, so very true. Can you remind me what supplements he is on?

@travellingbee: I'm going to google it, great idea! Thanks!

10. AmeliaBedilia

nectarine / 2192 posts

@Crystal: Vitamin C, CoQ10, Selenium, zinc, L-arginine.

11. Crystal

grapefruit / 4028 posts

@AmeliaBedilia: I'm trying to convince DH to take vitamins, but he isn't loving the idea...

12. AmeliaBedilia

nectarine / 2192 posts

@Crystal: I had been fighting with DH before the SA, but after his morphology came back low, he saw the light. Hugs!

13. Crystal

grapefruit / 4028 posts

@AmeliaBedilia: it's so annoying! I literally lined up all the things I have to take on them counter last night to show him what I'm doing. He can take one or two small things, jeez!

14. Crystal

grapefruit / 4028 posts

WTF?! I just got a bill in the mail for a balance of $250 for my hsg I did in November. I paid the cash price at that time, and now they are saying I owe extra. The offices are closed for the day, so I'll have to figure it out tomorrow. I really hope we don't owe more.

15. AmeliaBedilia

nectarine / 2192 posts

@Crystal: Ugh! That stinks. I'm dealing with similar issues. Insurance told me $140, then I got a bill for over $1000. The person on the phone was super rude, and I complained. They're "working on it"- we'll see what that means. I would refuse to pay more, saying that you paid the entire cash price. Definitely complain- first politely, then if you don't get success, up the ante. It's so frustrating when so many people don't even need the test in the first place!

16. Crystal

grapefruit / 4028 posts

@AmeliaBedilia: thanks for the advice, I'm definitely calling tomorrow. I was able to find my receipt which says balance due of 0, so I have no idea why the hell this arrived I would have been *pissed* if I got through today, so it's probably better I have to call tomorrow so I can be nice.

When are you supposed to hear back? I'm glad they are reviewing the charge, and hopefully they will dismiss it!

I also got a quote for my bloodwork the OBGYN ordered, it's way more than I expected. I'm going to call my PCP tomorrow to see if he can add it to an order of bloodwork he already has for me.

I hate this.

17. jaguar

pomegranate / 3764 posts

@Crystal: @AmeliaBedilia: Oh man, aren't the bills just an added slap in the face? Ugh.

18. Crystal

grapefruit / 4028 posts

@jaguar: it really, truly is. And kills me because I don't want to be priced out of being a parent. I'm not there yet, but theres a limit, you know?

19. jaguar

pomegranate / 3764 posts

@Crystal: You're preaching to the choir here! It SUCKS! We could have put Georgia through uni on what it's costing us for a non-existent #2 now.

20. NorthStar

pear / 1881 posts

Do any of you take CoQ10? If so, what is the best dosage and times/day? I think that I might start taking this...my temp dropped, so I assume that AF will make her appearance today

21. travellingbee

@NorthStar: I am taking 100mg in the morning

22. MrsKRB

nectarine / 2465 posts

@NorthStar: what is CoQ10 supposed to be good for?

23. NorthStar

pear / 1881 posts

@MrsKRB: I've been reading for egg quality. Since we will be seeing an RE in a month and who knows what she will want for next steps, I figured it doesn't hurt. I saw that some others on here had their RE tell them to start taking it.

24. ballerinabee

apricot / 452 posts

@NorthStar: @YogiRunner: @Crystal: I know! I can't believe people flat out ask either, esp since one of them is also a mom who struggled with IF (hers was PCOS-related). I've started answering "nope, still just fat". You should see the looks on their faces.

@travellingbee: That clinical trial option sounds great! I'm really hoping you get a sticky bean soon!

@AmeliaBedilia: Hoping this is your month! Those dreams are great positive thinking I hope they're an omen of things to come this month!

I hear you on being priced out of a baby. We need to pay off DH's divorce debt (read: his ex wife's debt that we inherited) and save for a down payment on a house, so my DH can't justify paying for IVF now when we can do it basically for free when I can pick up my insurance. I wish his company would process our request to drop me from his policy. They've had the request for over 7 weeks!!

One of my BFFs told me she's pregnant this morning. I am SO happy for her, esp since she's had recurrent miscarriages, but I cried after we got off the phone. I hate how jealous and awful I feel about her wonderful news.

@NorthStar: I read someone else say you have to take 600mg to affect egg quality, but I haven't researched it myself yet. I should. I can use all the help I can get! Do you know when in your cycle it's supposed to be most effective? I'm CD3 now, so I'm guessing it's too late this cycle...

25. NorthStar

pear / 1881 posts

@ballerinabee: Burst out laughing at what you are telling people if they ask if you're pregnant. If they ask a dumb question, they definitely deserve that response!

How frustrating that they haven't decided on your insurance! I see both sides of it..you are impatient with the wait and just want to get a move on; however, on your husband's side, if you have an option in the next few months that will save you financially, to wait for that. It's so hard..i hate this waiting game!

I just don't get how we can even afford IVF. I assume that there must be financing plans or something out there? We definitely cannot be writing a check for $20,000. My husband and I really need to have this talk and decide how much we are willing to pay to keep going. We have a chunk of funds in our Health Savings Account and then after that, it's just our normal savings, which we need for emergencies. Why does this have to be so hard?!

26. YogiRunner

clementine / 849 posts

@ballerinabee: Holy crap, that is tough. I'm sorry, sister.This whole IF thing is so taxing emotionally and financially. Sometimes I get suuuper jealous and even annoyed at people who never have to go through this hardship - it happens right away, causes zero strain on their marriage or sex life, and they don't go into debt/have unnecessary $$ fights. BUT it makes you grow up super fast and forces you to go through some hard sh*t together, which will only make you stronger and closer in the end.

OH and I 100% hear you about conflicting feelings of joy and jealousy when friends announce they're expecting. Remember to honor every feeling - anger, jealousy, joy, etc. It's possible to be happy for someone and still shed tears for yourself. Remember to take care of YOU right now.

HUGS.

27. PurplePumps

pomegranate / 3809 posts

@NorthStar: My RE just told me to start taking it after my second failed cycle with confirmed egg quality (immature) issues. She said to take 600mg daily. I do 300 Ubiquinol an 200 Coq10. I've read that Ubiquinol is basically 2x Coq in that reduced form so was just doing 300 Ubiquinol (100 with each meal).. but then figured, probably cant' hurt, throw in 200 Coq with my afternoon snack for almost 500mg some form of it daily.

28. DesertDreams88

grapefruit / 4361 posts

Hey all, I have a clomid question.... I saw @travellingbee's comment on another thread saying "It is supposed to make you O 7-10 days after your last pill so it depends on what days you take the pills (5-9 or 3-7), when you normally O." This made me pause because my ob wants me to take it days 5-9, but O on day 14.... which now seems like an impossible timeline! What cycle days did you take clomid?

Also, @crystal & @AmeliaBedilia: I was the one who asked about progesterone, thanks for your reply! I'm trying to keep my expectations in check but it's hard! I didn't start taking P until the night of CD 5, and my temps have been very consistently high since day 2, like higher than they've ever been (even compared to my BFP cycle in Sept.) Oh well. Just gotta wait it out.

29. AmeliaBedilia

nectarine / 2192 posts

@DesertDreams88: Yes, you just have to wait. My chart last month on progesterone showed what looked like an implantation dip on CD7, then my temps jumped up even higher days 8-13. I was really convinced that was it. I don't mean to be a downer, but I don't want you to feel crushed like I did.

I'm probably 4DPO. I keep going back and forth about feeling optimistic that we've found the issue and can fix it, being mad at DH for not getting the formal SA sooner and not taking the supplements I wanted him too earlier, and feeling like it will never happen.

30. bloved

persimmon / 1114 posts

Long time lurker...would love to join in for some support. Back story- did ivf to concieve my son almost two years ago. Before that, I could never get pregnant. Since then, I had had one natural chemical, one failed FET and one FET that resulted in a blighted ovum. I just had my d&e three weeks ago, so I am waiting for my cycle to come back to normal so that we can begin a fresh cycle. On top of all that, my RE is moving so I've had to find a new doctor. Just had a consult last week, so am looking to hopefully squeeze in a May or June cycle provided my body cooperates (which is never a guarantee!). Looking forward to getting to know all of you better.

31. NorthStar

pear / 1881 posts

Well, I'm out..AF showed this morning. I'll call the nurse, but I don't want to do Letrozole this cycle. It's obviously not working, so I'm not sure if I should ask her to do something else (like see if the OB is willing to do a IUI) or just wait until my RE apt in May. Just sucks that I'll have 2 cycles with no assistance if I choose to do nothing..

@bloved: Welcome! It's unfortunate that you have to be here, but this is a great support system.

32. travellingbee

@NorthStar: I'm sorry I realizef I said I took 100mg of CoQ10. I take 400 each morning. I also take Ovaboost at night which has CoQ10 as well.

33. NorthStar

pear / 1881 posts

@travellingbee: Thanks for updating me! I'm going to run to Walgreens over lunch to pick some up.

Talked to the nurse at my OB and just going to wait until my RE appt. It's probably better that way..the cycle before last when I didn't take any medication, I just know that I saw implantation bleeding. So, with my appointment not until May 19th, I'll have two cycles without interventions. I'll just have to make the best of it.

34. NorthStar

pear / 1881 posts

@travellingbee: These pills are huge! lol. I'm assuming you take them the whole cycle?

35. travellingbee

@NorthStar: I'm not sure actually. I'll do some research

36. travellingbee

@NorthStar: Yes, it looks like you should just continue to take them the whole cycle.

37. MrsKRB

nectarine / 2465 posts

@bloved: sorry you have to be here but welcome! Good luck in the upcoming months

38. bloved

persimmon / 1114 posts

@northstar and @mrskrb- thanks for the welcome!

39. AmeliaBedilia

nectarine / 2192 posts

CD20 and I'm spotting. I'm concerned I'm having an anovulatory cycle. I've charted three years (skipped a cycle here and there), but the only other one like this was in July, the cycle after I stopped progesterone. I did progesterone again last cycle. Is this normal? Has anyone else had a super short cycle the cycle after progesterone? I'm so hoping this is implantation bleeding but I'm afraid it's not.

40. MrsKRB

nectarine / 2465 posts

@AmeliaBedilia: no advice, but thinking positive thoughts and hoping for implantation

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee