Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

IF Check In - 3/12

1. MrsKRB

nectarine / 2465 posts

Just had a great, long conversation with my RE about the next steps. Looks like we are officially in the unexplained category however he is optimistic that we have success. If I'm not pregnant this cycle (currently 4dpo) than I will be doing Femara + ovidrel + iui. Pretty excited and anxious and nervous all at the same time

2. NorthStar

pear / 1881 posts

@MrsKRB: I'm so glad that you had a great meeting with your RE! I'm in the same category and it's not fun, but at least you have a plan!

3. YogiRunner

clementine / 849 posts

@mrskrb: a plan always feels good!! That's great. Ill be in the same boat as you next cycle... Definitely excited and nervous too

4. jaguar

pomegranate / 3764 posts

CD15 here and still no signs of O... transfer is a distant blur, so frustrating. I hate this so much!

5. AmeliaBedilia

nectarine / 2192 posts

@MrsKRB: Glad your meeting went well.

@jaguar: Hugs! I hate this too!

CD20, and very light spotting all day. I think this is AF coming, the same way I had a very short cycle after I did progesterone once before. I'm still holding out hope this is implantation, but it seems a little much/long for implantation- about 24 hours. I feel so discouraged.

6. MrsKRB

nectarine / 2465 posts

@jaguar: *hugs* I'm sorry

7. BlueWolverine

pear / 1510 posts

Joining up....had my first appointment with the RE last week. We've been trying for about nine cycles (conceived LO on #3), which I know is a lot fewer than many of you. Because, in my OB's words, I'm "old," the RE wants to jump right to IUI. I've never taken Clomid or anything, so I think it's interesting that he wants to go straight there. I'm OK with it. We're now waiting for all the tests to come in. I have my HSG next week -- not really looking forward to that. Sounds pretty unpleasant.

I've been reading this board for a while. Thanks to all of you ladies for the great info and support here.

8. NorthStar

pear / 1881 posts

@jaguar: I'm SO sorry

9. travellingbee

hostess / papaya / 10219 posts

cross posting-
    Really good cd 12 ultrasound!! I have 3 follicles all a little over 17. My lining is a 9.2 which is very good! PLEASE let this be my month!! Doctor wants me to trigger tomorrow.

10. NorthStar

pear / 1881 posts

@travellingbee: oh wow! Wonderful! I have my fingers and toes crossed for you!! So, if you trigger tomorrow, when is the IUI?

11. travellingbee

@NorthStar: actually we decided to do TI instead of IUI this month.

12. MrsKRB

nectarine / 2465 posts

@travellingbee: sending you all the luck!

@BlueWolverine: welcome! I've never taken any fertility meds either, and my doctor is skipping right to that as well, good luck My hsg was uncomfortable, but over very quickly

13. MrsKRB

nectarine / 2465 posts

@AmeliaBedilia: I found out yesterday that my dh's morphology went from 2%-5% in 5 months with Fertilaid and 1 month of Clomid, so don't lose hope

14. travellingbee

@BlueWolverine: we went right to IUI with Clomid as well. Will you do injectibles or Clomid?
    @jaguar: your body needs a good talking to!! Listen up Jag's girly bits! Play nice and do as you're told!!

15. BlueWolverine

pear / 1510 posts

@MrsKRB: Thanks! Glad to hear the HSG wasn't too bad.

@travellingbee: Not sure yet. We're having another appt after all the test results to decide on an exact course of treatment. I apparently have a fibroid as well, so he especially wants to see test results in regard to that.

16. jaguar

pomegranate / 3764 posts

@AmeliaBedilia: Fingers and toes crossed. xx
    @MrsKRB: Thanks hon. I'm VERY over this!
    @BlueWolverine: How old are you? I hate that term.
    @NorthStar: xxx
    @travellingbee: Sounds like you responded really well again, and what a lovely lining! Remind me what your fertility issues are hon? I hope my girly bits heed your stern talking to, hahaha.

17. BlueWolverine

pear / 1510 posts

@jaguar: I'm 39. Had LO at 37.

You know what's bullshit? When the nurse calls from the RE at 5:38pm on a Friday and leaves a message to let you know that the results from your ovarian reserve test are back. But you can call Monday to discuss. But I don't want to wait all weekend! *whine*

18. travellingbee

@jaguar: diminished ovarian reserve and suspected poor egg quality. Got preggo no prob with #1 but not so much with #2. I've gotten pregnant... Just can't stay pregnant.

19. travellingbee

@BlueWolverine: what test did you have done?

20. jaguar

pomegranate / 3764 posts

@BlueWolverine: That IS bullshit! Just like my clinic STILL not telling me what the results were from this morning's bloods.. and it's nearly 4pm on a Saturday. Urgh.

@travellingbee: Bugger. So frustrating. We had a big journey with conceiving #1, but once we started IVF - it was just a couple of rounds and we had her. This time around is WAY worse.

21. BlueWolverine

pear / 1510 posts

@travellingbee: Day 3 blood test, so I assume FSH. They took so many vials of blood at my draw (at least five) - I should really know exactly what they were all for, but I'd have to look at the order.

@jaguar: You'd think that, after working with lots of women who are trying to get pregnant, they'd realize how important it is to us, right? Jeez. Hope you hear soon.

22. jaguar

pomegranate / 3764 posts

@BlueWolverine: I know, drives you nuts hey? Grrrrr.

23. travellingbee

@BlueWolverine: probably FSH and AMH, I'd assume

24. DesertDreams88

grapefruit / 4361 posts

Ok so I've tiptoed in here a couple of times with questions but with a BFN today at 13dpo and metformin + clomid + progesterone next cycle; I imagine I'll be here more regularly for awhile. So it's probably time for an official introduction.

I'm 26, my husband is 27. Married 5 years, trying for the past 9 months. BFP on Oct 4 and loss started Oct 22, lasted until Nov 10 . PCOS diagnosis 2 weeks ago, staying with my ob/gyn for now at least until the summer. My husband and I are both teachers, so I'm hoping that in June I'll have more time to do research and find an RE / clinic if need be. My husband's SA is this upcoming Friday, I'm so hoping he doesn't get performance anxiety

AF is due Monday, and my ob wants me to do 50mg unmonitored clomid days 1-5 but that seems REALLY early, I'm probably going to do CD2-6. I've seen a lot of internet posts saying doing clomid earlier will create more follicles but they're less mature; and that doing clomid later creates one stronger follicle. He didn't explain his rationale for days 1-5, but he really wants me Oing on day 14.

Two questions:
    1) I see the standard for clomid is usually CD3-7 or CD5-9, anyone here have experience with CD1-5 or CD2-6?
    2) About how long does it take AF to arrive after you stop progesterone? I don't want this luteal phase to be anything longer than 14 days, now that we know there's no baby in there.... I take 200mg of oral P at night.

25. travellingbee

@DesertDreams88: not sure about those other days but it probably depends on why you're taking it. I have poor egg quality and she wants more chances at a good egg and Ive taken 50mg days 5-9. I've gotten multiple mature follicles each time.
    I got AF the day after I stopped progesterone.

26. DesertDreams88

grapefruit / 4361 posts

@travellingbee: Good point, the reason for clomid is PCOS delaying O. After my loss, my O dates were CD 33, CD 31, CD 21, and CD 16.... in that order though, so it has been getting better on its own! Still, doctor wants CD 14, and consistency.

27. jaguar

pomegranate / 3764 posts

Bloods yesterday showed no signs of O at all. No more bloodwork til Tuesday (which is day 19) - getting REALLY frustrated.

28. DesertDreams88

grapefruit / 4361 posts

@jaguar: Ugh, so frustrating!! Infertility definitely breaks down every part of the cycle.... I remember in the beginning, just thinking "I hope I get pregnant this cycle!" Now it's all like.... I hope AF is a normal length, I hope my CF increases, I hope the OPKs start to dark, I hope I can O on time, I hope I have a clear temp rise, I hope the lining is thick enough, I hope we had good timing, I hope my post-O temps stay high, I hope for no spotting.... step by step! too many factors! and then even more with IUIs and IVF

29. AmeliaBedilia

nectarine / 2192 posts

Spotting was definitely AF, and a wicked one at that. The cycle after progesterone seems to result in a 20-21 day cycle with heavy bleeding, but I don't know why. I'm feeling super impatient, and contemplating femara this cycle, though we had agreed to wait the 3 months for DH's morphology to improve. The plan was to recheck after 3 months of supplements, frequent ejaculation, and avoiding laptop and heat. If the repeat SA is ok, then I will do femara. If not better, then to RE for likely IUI. By the time I O, he will have been on the plan for 6 weeks. I probably should just be patient, but it's so hard. Opinions?

30. bloved

persimmon / 1114 posts

@DesertDreams88: Ha it's funny you say that. I was literally just staring at my OPK hoping it would be positive and thinking that the amount of hope I was putting into that was equal to what I used to put into wishing for a positive pregnancy test. How times change...

In regards to your progesterone question, it usually takes me 3-5 days to get my period after stopping it.

@jaguar: So sorry for no sign of O. I am with you in that wait right now and it is driving me crazy. Fingers crossed for Tuesday's scan to be better.

31. BlueWolverine

pear / 1510 posts

Test results this morning. AMH .15. FSH below ten. The nurse said doc will want to see everything's by, but he's likely to be aggressive. Straight to IVF or maybe donor eggs. DH and I aren't sure we want to be as aggressive. Really sad this morning and feeling like it may be time to pack up my uterus, give up and enjoy the amazing daughter I have. This sucks.

32. travellingbee

@BlueWolverine: I'm so sorry. What would account for your AMH being so low but your FSH being normal? My AMH is .7 but my FSH was 10.6 I think. I guess I don't know why the one would be normal but the other abnormal?

33. MrsKRB

nectarine / 2465 posts

@BlueWolverine: I'm so sorry

34. MrsKRB

nectarine / 2465 posts

For those that have had multiple medicated iui's - do they bring you in for an ultrasound in the beginning of every cycle? I know for my first one I need to, wasn't sure about subsequent ones. Only asking because if my cycles are regular and the first 2 iui's do not work, then I will be on vacation during the beginning of my third.

35. PurplePumps

pomegranate / 3809 posts

@MrsKRB: I only had to do the suppression check for IVF cycles. For medicated IUIs, they just had me start on CD5, no u/s at the beginning of cycles.

36. travellingbee

@MrsKRB: yes mine always do a baseline ultrasound to rule out cysts. Thy won't give you a prescription without one

37. bloved

persimmon / 1114 posts

@MrsKRB: mine always had a baseline ultrasound for the same reason travellinbee said. I had several cycles cancelled for that reason.

38. BlueWolverine

pear / 1510 posts

@travellingbee: I'm hoping the doc will explain it to me. I had my HSG moved up (had it this morning) so all testing is over. Going to call RE's office tomorrow to schedule an appt to go over everything. Hoping to get some answers.

39. lazypanda

kiwi / 636 posts

@MrsKRB: I only had the check for cysts on my initial appt with the RE. For my IUIs, I started clomid cd3-7 & they would have me come in cd 13 to check on the size of the eggs & for the 3 IUIs I've had, I would normally trigger that evening followed by IUI on cd 15. Good luck! I was diagnosed with multicystic ovaries, so not quite PCOS but definitely not "regular." perhaps this may play a part in why some women have more baseline checks than others?

40. travellingbee

I just need to ramble for a minute. I have so much hope for this stupid clomid cycle that isnt likely to work (statistically speaking), and I feel ridiculous for even letting myself hope. I don't know how to not let myself be too hopeful but still remain positive. I was so convinced that last cycle (our 1st IUI) was going to be it, and nothing. I was really really upset. I don't want to set myself up for such disappointment, but at the same time, I don't want to be overly negative. And this cycle has a lot going for it! 3 mature follicles, fantastic lining, spectacular timing.... But I am well aware that a perfect cycle does not always equal a baby. Well aware. anyway... Thanks for letting me pour my heart out.

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee