Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

IF Check In - 4/17

1. mrswin

nectarine / 2433 posts

@Mrs. Pinata: Oh Mrs. P. I'm so sorry the last couple of days have been rough. Pregnancy announcements are hard anytime but worse when there are other things piled on top. I hope you are matched with an expectant mother soon and that you are able to do the IUI cycle Lots of positive vibes coming your way

2. alohaorchid

persimmon / 1404 posts

@Mrs. Pinata: I'm so sorry that you had a rough day and I'm sorry that the birth mothers didn't pick you guys. I'm sending all my positive vibes and baby dust so that you get your baby soon! You have been waiting long enough and you deserve this That's exciting news about the clinical trial and I am so excited for you with the adoption. I feel like there is a lot of great things coming your way after such a rollercoaster journey.

I noticed that you mentioned morphology in your earlier post... is that your only IF factor, if you don't mind me asking?

3. alohaorchid

persimmon / 1404 posts

Thanks ladies. Being able to have some discussion with him was great! Even if it wasn’t as much as I wanted, it’s a start and that made me very happy. A couple of the things he said really stuck out in my mind and really made me understand why he has such a hard time discussing this

@faithfertility: I love how you worded that! I really do love our life as it is and maybe that’s why I feel the way I do right now!?

@happygal: it’s a weird feeling! I know I want one baby but when I think of the logistics of having one I wonder how we would do it. And, newborns just don’t do anything for me and then I feel bad because I feel as though they should. Then I feel panicked because our lives right now are so not baby friendly… but I’m sure when it happens, it’ll all work out.

@fliegepilzhut: honestly, some days I just wonder if we have been dealing with this for so long that I’m just used to it now.

@lazypanda: good luck with your IUI! I will be crossing everything for you

Af is due sometime soon. I'm usually 28 days on the dot (occassionally 26-29), which is tomorrow but I'm not feeling any cramps or the usual signs so I might be late this month. If so then it would mean that my luteal phase is on the longer side (today is 14dpo), which is interesting.

I had a m/c 2.5 years ago and the due date would have been 04/20/2012. I just realized this morning what the date is and I had a fleeting "we could have had a 2 year old right now" moment but that's it. For the past two years when this date has passed I have been heartbroken, I guess time really does heal all....

4. Mrs. Pickle

blogger / wonderful cherry / 21628 posts

@Mrs. Pinata: oh that is so rough. I hope you find something to cheer you up today.

5. BSB

hostess / wonderful apple seed / 16729 posts

@Mrs. Pinata: Aww, thinking of you.

6. FliegepilzHut

pomegranate / 3533 posts

@ Mrs. Piñata: I'm sorry. It sounds like you had a hell of a couple of days. FX that you find a match soon (or that the IUI will succeed)! In the meantime, the mantra "we will become parents" has been very helpful to me at times. Hang in there!

@alohaorchid: I'm sorry if what I said was presumptuous... There are just so many ups and downs on the IF journey. Every so often (every couple of years?) I feel like I need to reevaluate my goal, before I lock on again with laser-like focus. I don't remember...have you and your husband ever talked about adoption?

7. alohaorchid

persimmon / 1404 posts

@FliegepilzHut: oh no, that wasn't presumptious at all! I just feel as though at the beginning I was heartbroken, then I felt optimistic, then let down, and now it's just like I'm so used to not getting pregnant that it's not even a big deal anymore. Or maybe it's just a phase. We have actually talked about adoption and it's not something that we feel is right for us.

8. FliegepilzHut

pomegranate / 3533 posts

@alohaorchid: I understand. Stupid IF roller-coaster! I hope you and DH get the baby you want with a minimum of intervention.

9. Jenn23

persimmon / 1085 posts

@Mrs. Pinata: I'm so sorry to hear about the bad news you received. The IUI study sounds great! Fingers crossed for you!!

Sorry I haven't kept up with this thread, but I just read all of your updates and you are all in my thoughts!!

10. FaithFertility

eggplant / 11861 posts

@Mrs. Pinata: I am sorry to read the past days have been rough! I am sending all the positive vibes I can and prayers!!!!!!!!!

11. MrsTal

clementine / 901 posts

@Happygal: @alohaorchid: I know this is a really late response but we didn't really feel like cruising pampered us that much. If that makes sense? It was fun and enjoyable but I feel like I either needed to be in a group or with kids to really get the most out of it. I liked our all-inclusive resort vacation better.

@Mrs. Pinata: I'm sorry you are having a rough few days! I'm in the same boat.

All, I have been lurking and keeping up and want to reply to everyone soon but I need to vent a little.

I've been lying low lately because I'm feeling pretty bummed out. We got home from vacation and I sort of lost it on Saturday. I need to explain a bit of back story first; the room across from our bedroom is supposed to be our nursery so I haven't touched it too much, it's been a make shift craft/spare room for the last 2 years. Saturday, I took everything out and bought one of those big papasan chairs and asked DH to hang it from the ceiling like a swing. I bought some etsy prints and am going to get some book cases and a side table and I'm turning it into a reading room for myself. I'm sick of looking at this half empty room waiting to fill it with baby things. I'm so tired of this road. I've been thinking about taking a hellobee break but really the IF boards are my saving grace. Lately, I've been feeling like I have no friends that I can talk to. Two of my closest friends are pregnant (and while most of the time I am good with it lately it's been harder) and my other best friend just broke up with her b/f and feels so distant. DH is going to get his SA redone on Friday and I'm a ball of nerves because if his morphology is low again it means we need to do IVF with ICSI (which I have no idea how we will afford) and it also means that we could have known a year ago if our first RE would have done the damn morphology test. I'm trying not to put the cart before the horse but I also want to be prepared mentally for the worst possible situation. DH is talking about selling his dad's boat that he inherited to help pay for the potential IVF and that makes me feel horrible because of the sentimental value. It's just been so hard. I'm sorry this was so rambly, I just needed to get it out.

12. Mrs. Pinata

blogger / pear / 1563 posts

@MrsTal: Ugh. I'm SO, SO sorry you're having a hard week too! I will tell you that I have actually not gotten out of my pjs all day and despite the nice weather stayed inside the whole day. And cried during most of Little P's nap! I'm a mess! It's so hard because you just never know when there will be a trigger. Ack!

I hope the morphology test was a fluke, but if it's not I know others have had great success with low morphology. I wish I could give you a personal story of success! There's definitely also the option of supplements and such. It works for so many others, but hasn't yet worked for us. Sigh. I wrote a post for IF Awareness Week and I call If a "soul sucker." Blah. I hope that room across the hall turns into a nursery soon, but until then I think it's a great idea to have the project of turning it into a reading room. Projects are SO good for me when I'm down in the dumps for sure.

13. FaithFertility

eggplant / 11861 posts

@MrsTal: Ramble away! First, I think it is great that you are Turing that room into something useful, it can always be changed I too have that room, and it is the....throw crap you don't want to deal with room.....seriously full of junk!!!!!

I pray his SA comes back good!!! I know it hurts to think about the boat and the value, but think about what it can also give you!? All in all that will come when the time comes!

Miss you on these boards!!!!

I agree with he cruise thing too, while we LOVE to cruise, all inclusive resort stays are more our style, I just have a hard time getting DH to fly, he is not a fan!

14. Mrs. Pinata

@MrsTal: Also, where do you live? If we ever do IVF, we'll probably do it at the CNY Fertility Center in New York State. It's very far, but still WAY more affordable than our local IVF clinic and you can buy "packages."

15. FaithFertility

eggplant / 11861 posts

@Mrs. Pinata: Sorry your day has been hard!

16. FliegepilzHut

pomegranate / 3533 posts

@MrsTal: Thinking of you! I'm sure you and DH will find a solution. In the meantime, enjoy your new room!

17. BSB

My update: Got prices for IUI and IVF programs today! We are going to go ahead and do the IUI program.

Oh, AF came today, too. Guess its time to move on.

Doing the SIS/ SHG next Wednesday. Guess I'll find out if I have that polyp. If it is a polyp, I might need surgery.

18. Mrs. Pinata

@bluestriped bee: Good luck! I'm so glad you're able to move forward! Starting with IUI sounds like a good plan.

19. BSB

@Mrs. Pinata: Yeah, I'm taking a step back to IUI land but I'm hoping the new diagnosis will be just what we need to get pregnant.

20. Mrs. Pinata

After my very "blah" 24 hours and the fact that so many of our tv shows have had surprising pregnancy announcements recently I requested a show without the possibility of pregnant lady. He suggested "The Colbert Report". It was all about Chelsea Clinton's pregnancy announcement! Aargh! I can't get away! haha!

21. MrsTal

clementine / 901 posts

@Mrs. Pinata: I'm so sorry you are in such a funk. It is so frustrating not knowing when it is going to hit. We live in Ohio and I'm starting to look at possible clinical trials that we might be able to get into, there's one for IVF that I'm interested in but it's sort of far away and I'm not sure we qualify. There is also clinic 2.5 hours away that does an IVF guarantee ($18,000 but if after 3 rounds you don't have a live birth you get part of your money back) that I'm sorely tempted to try but with my schedule it just won't work. Also, I can't believe the pregnancy related stuff on TV lately, it has sucked so much.

@FaithFertility: I'm glad to know I'm not alone in having that room. I've felt crazy keeping it that way for so long but we have 4 bedrooms so it has seemed silly to try to furnish it when we don't really need to use it, but I think it'll be good for me. I'm with your DH, I'm not a fan of flying so we tried cruising to save ourselves some flight time but honestly the extra hour on the plane might be worth the resort time lol.

@bluestriped bee: Awesome that you have a plan in place! I hope these IUIs do the trick now that you have a diagnosis.

Also one more annoying thing to vent about. When DH called the clinic to schedule the SA they tried talking him into just waiting for our next IUI. When she wouldn't let up, DH finally said we aren't even sure we are doing another IUI. It's seriously annoying, why would we spend $800 on an IUI to find out his numbers are bad and it won't work when we could just do the SA for $100? If his numbers are bad again we can move on to IVF and use the $700 we saved for that. UGHHHH.

22. Kelli_Deluxe

apricot / 288 posts

@MrsTal: @Mrs. Pinata: Hugs to both you ladies.

We are finally back from Easter weekend (DH had a 96hr weekend) and I feel so behind!! It was so nice to get away & relax. No new updates for me; hoping that my RE calls about my HSG tomorrow. I've also decided to join the gym and start taking some spin classes and yoga to tone up and keep busy!

23. FliegepilzHut

pomegranate / 3533 posts

@Kelli_Deluxe: That sounds like a great idea! I may follow your lead and try out the yoga studio I keep meaning to visit (they have a great 1 month trial period rate)...

@bluestriped bee: FX for your SHG! Have you already met with your RE to discuss meds for your upcoming IUI?

24. Mrs. Pinata

@Kelli_Deluxe: Good for you! I NEED to get back into shape! @MrsTal: What is the clinical trial you're looking into? I would also be interested in it! ha!

25. MrsTal

clementine / 901 posts

@Mrs. Pinata: it's this one http://www.clinicaltrials.gov/ct2/show/NCT01816802?term=Infertility+and+ohio&rank=4 not sure if there are any clinics close to you but worth looking into I think.

26. Mrs. Pinata

@MrsTal: Thanks for that! That's good information for my "back pocket.". I scrolled through a lot of the studies and it looks like a lot of the good/interesting ones are in Europe! Too bad that probably wouldn't save too much money.

27. Happygal

pomelo / 5000 posts

@MrsTal: I'm so sorry. I'm glad you filled up that room though. This experience has taught me that you can't put life on hold. I have also felt the need to take HB breaks, but I'm like you and love our little IF group. Lately I've been telling myself, "Just keep on swimming." It ain't a fancy breast stroke, more like doggy paddling these days, but I'm keeping my head above the water, and that's what counts!

@mrs. pinata: I'm sorry you're also having a hard week! It's so tough dealing with that mixture of emotions, but it's important to let yourself feel all of them. Hugs to you.

@Kelli_Deluxe: do you spin regularly? I took a class once and died! I'm so impressed with cyclers.

28. Happygal

pomelo / 5000 posts

@Jenn23: hi! I've missed seeing you around here. It can be a lot to keep up with. I'm also behind, but I hope to catch up tomorrow.

29. BSB

@FliegepilzHut: RE put me on metformin and dexamethasone and he said we can use Femera and trigger shot.

Although, until we figure out if I have a polyp, we won't be starting an IUI yet. The IUI is tentatively scheduled next month. FX I don't have to have surgery to remove the polyp.

30. FliegepilzHut

pomegranate / 3533 posts

@bluestriped bee: Hopefully you'll get to proceed directly to IUI! FX for you!

31. BSB

@FliegepilzHut: thanks!

32. FliegepilzHut

pomegranate / 3533 posts

@MrsTal: @Mrs. Pinata: You've inspired me to start the process of making the "potential baby room" functional/livable (a reading room is a great idea) until it has a permanent resident...

33. BSB

LAST CHANCE to sign up for the IF sock swap is today April 23rd!

34. mrswin

nectarine / 2433 posts

@bluestriped bee: Hope that you don't have any polyps and can move on to your IUI!

@MrsTal: I'm sorry about how you are feeling right now. I hope your next SA comes back better but if not I'm sure you will be able to figure it out. About the boat, we were in a similar position with some inheritance from my grandparents. As much as I would like to preserve it I know they would have loved to see me have a child and that they would have been supportive us using it for IVF.

35. alohaorchid

persimmon / 1404 posts

@MrsTal: That does make sense about the cruise, but it's good that you tried it so you know for the future. I'm sorry you're having a hard time with things lately. We also kind of have that room in our house. Right now it's a "computer room" but we don't have much in there and don't use it. When we first bought the house we talked about how it would be a good baby room because it has built in shelves and then I just kind of left it. In our new house I'm going to make a guest room (we have people stay pretty often) and the other room is going to be a yoga room. Good luck with the SA! I have everything crossed for you that his numbers are good enough so that you don't have to do ICSI. I would feel the same way you are about the boat so I completely understand where you are coming from *hugs*

@bluestriped bee: that's great news on the IUI! I hope you don't have to go ahead with surgery though.

36. Jenn23

persimmon / 1085 posts

@Happygal: Thanks. I've been reading, but just not posting much. But think of all of you ladies daily and wishing you all the best!!

So sorry for those of you having bad day/weeks. I know how awful it can be. I hope all of you are having a better day today!

Since a few of you brought up IVF studies, that is a good reminder to everyone here to check their local clinics for studies in case you have to go that route. The study that I qualify for at my RE has the $5,000 in free meds, plus $2,000 off the cycle itself so it's a pretty good deal. However, that study (Afolia) is only for us older ladies 35-42 years old. But there are so many other studies out there which can make IVF a little more affordable for some people.

37. bhbee

cantaloupe / 6086 posts

@MrsTal: I'm so sorry it's been so tough. hugs

38. doxielove

persimmon / 1388 posts

Update for the list***Ultrasound May 5th. HSG still scheduled for May 9th.

Long story short, my pelvic pain that I normally encounter only during AF has been making an appearance at other points in my cycle, and it's been interfering with the quality of my life. It's time for the lap by doc was reluctant to give me last year. Doctor wants to do a follow up ultrasound first before moving forward w/ scheduling surgery. Kind of annoying, but I see where he's coming from. I just wish HE saw where I'm coming from as far as how much pain I've been dealing with. It's taken me to a pretty dark place and I'm sick and tired of waiting around for answers! Sometimes I feel like his office thinks I'm exaggerating/crazy, but I KNOW my body and I know this is not normal!!!

@MrsTal: I'm sorry you've been having a rough time. I think a reading room is a great idea! And that's a downer about them trying to convince you to wait on the SA. I feel like health care providers shouldn't argue about totally non-invasive procedures that YOU are paying for! What's the difference to them!?

39. Kelli_Deluxe

apricot / 288 posts

@FliegepilzHut: Go for it!! We can motivate each other haha

@Happygal: I have done spin once! I will probably die the first class haha. Hopefully alternating it with yoga will help keep me going!

@bluestriped bee: Fingers crossed! Noooooo polyps!

40. Mrs. Pinata

@doxielove: I'm really glad you're going to get a lap done! I bet you'll get some relief and that should help with IF issues too!

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee