Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

"It's Business Time" POAS Aug. 2012

1. chibee

pear / 1974 posts

@sylvie_b: congrats! I love hearing good news on this thread!

I'm also popping in to say hello and good luck! This is our first month "sort of" trying. I think I need to change my POAS date to the 26th since I started my period later than anticipated.

2. Bookish

GOLD / cantaloupe / 6581 posts

Well, AF finally showed, so I'm out this month. Hopefully the next cycle off BC will be a bit more normal

Good luck ladies, and I'm off to September!

3. sslm

cantaloupe / 6397 posts

@Bookworm: boo I'm sorry!!! Fingers crossed for next month for you

4. MrsTiz

cantaloupe / 6800 posts

Ah I really should post in here more often! I got too eager and tested on Saturday, which according to my guestimations was about 6 DPO haha. Of course it was a BFN. I'm still not giving up hope though!

I'm going to test again on the 15th, so next Wednesday.

5. Smurfette

GOLD / wonderful coconut / 33402 posts

@Bookworm: Sorry! Hopefully next month is your month!

6. JoJoGirl

cantaloupe / 6206 posts

@Bookworm: oh no Sorry to hear it!!

7. Bookish

GOLD / cantaloupe / 6581 posts

@JoJoGirl: @Smurfette: @sslm: Thanks, y'all! I know it's so stupid to be upset that I didn't get knocked up on the first try, but I'm still a bit sad about it. OH WELL. I will go have me a beer tonight

8. kentuckygirl

pear / 1786 posts

I'm just waiting on AF today or tomorrow since I got a BFN yesterday. I have my first RE appt next week. That should make me feel better but instead, I feel very disappointed and discouraged right now. On to cycle 9...

9. chibee

pear / 1974 posts

@Bookworm: so sorry to hear and I totally know how you feel. as much as I say I'm not "really" trying this month (this is my first month not "really" trying) I know I will be pretty disappointed if AF shows up at the end of the month. Hey we can't help the way we feel!

10. JoJoGirl

cantaloupe / 6206 posts

@kentuckygirl: You're not out til AF is here!

11. JENS0125

pea / 5 posts

@sylvie_b: CONGRATULATIONS!!!!

@kentuckygirl: Don't give up hope yet! We're also on cycle 8 right now and it's daunting at times but don't despair! Fingers crossed and the absolute best of luck to you.

12. Crisark

pomegranate / 3398 posts

Well on CD22 and still no positive OPK and I'm out of test strips sooooo I just hang out until AF arrives.
    I had some CM last week and really suspect something was going on. I could have just missed my surge or I didn't O. Who knows. I've made peace with it all. We've been BD'ing like teenagers so if it's meant to be it'll be.

13. PBandBaseball

clementine / 861 posts

@kentuckygirl: I'm sorry! I hope that the BFN was just because it was too early. I'm out this month. I think I'm going to need a break from trying for a couple of months if this next cycle isn't successful. We're on cycle 4 of Clomid, 17th cycle overall. Ugh. It doesn't help that my twitter feed is exploding with pregnancy announcements. Trying to stay positive and happy for those with BFPs.

14. Apex

clementine / 770 posts

Hola Senoritas... Ok, so updating this list of Future mama's is actually harder that it looks, but by God, i believe i finally got it right. Please let me know if i need to make changes

8/1 - Mrs. Bird
    8/1 - Alison206--AF
    8/5 - Silvie_B—BFP!!!
    8/5 – Grace – AF:-(
    8/5 – Anonysquire—BFN
    8/7 – Bookworm – AF
    8/7 - Kentuckygirl
    8/9 - Pbandbaseball
    8/10 - Parkerhaus
    8/12 – Mountainmama
    8/13 - Jojogirl
    8/14 – Jennimac
    8/15 - MrsTiz
    8/15 - Leilalou
    8/15 - Crisark
    8/15 - Snickers
    8/17 – MsSally
    8/18 - JENS0125
    8/18 - Ocean Girl
    8/19 -- Beetones
    8/20 - April_Showers
    8/25 – Chibee
    8/27 - Rachel
    8/28 – Dharmainitiative
    8/31 - alison206
    Futuremama - TBD

15. chibee

pear / 1974 posts

@beetones: thank you for updating! I think my date should probably be around 8/25 - thanks so much!!

16. Silva

cantaloupe / 6017 posts

@Beetones: I ovulated late this month- so I won't be testing until 8/12

Thank you!

17. Apex

clementine / 770 posts

@chibee: edited...

18. Apex

clementine / 770 posts

@mountainmama: Noted and changed

19. kentuckygirl

pear / 1786 posts

Well today ended up being CD 1, AF has arrived I will be on a September board but hope that I don't see any more of you there. I'll check back in with you all after my RE appointment next week.

Best of luck ladies, I really hope August is your month!

20. singingbee

pomelo / 5073 posts

Pretty sure I'm out this month. Started spotting this afternoon, which is the first time ever I've spotted before full blown starting. My LP is 12-13 days though, so I guess I'm not that worried about that.

Good luck to everyone else!

21. MrsTiz

cantaloupe / 6800 posts

I'm too eager, I took another test last night which was 10DPO (?) I think. Either way, it was negative.

I don't know why i'm taking this so hard, it's still too early and it's only our first try. Uhg.

22. JoJoGirl

cantaloupe / 6206 posts

@Jennimac: Bummer I'm so sorry!!!

@MrsTiz: Aw. It's still too early! And a LOT of people take their first cycle trying harder than the ones after. It's like we are so convinced we'll get knocked up if we LOOK at a guy the wrong way our whole lives, when we actually try the first time and it doesn't happen, it is mysterious and shocking Don't lose hope!

23. sslm

cantaloupe / 6397 posts

@Jennimac: Sorry bummer!

24. sslm

cantaloupe / 6397 posts

@kentuckygirl: I'm sorry I'll be rooting for you in September!

25. sslm

cantaloupe / 6397 posts

@JoJoGirl: How are you feeling? 10 dpo right? Almost there!!

26. JoJoGirl

cantaloupe / 6206 posts

@sslm: Hi!! Yep, 10dpo (one friend who knows I'm TTC said "It's convenient for me your dpos line up with the days of the month, so thanks for that." Hehe.) How I'm feeling is pretty much just pessimistic and detached and bordering on hopeless if I'm not careful. No symptoms at all.

I don't even think I'll bother testing- AF is due Tuesday so maybe Wednesday I will if she's not here yet. Trying to think of other things to focus my energy on in life because I'm tired of being so caught up in this... starting crossfit in a few weeks, so that should help

How are you feeling??

27. singingbee

pomelo / 5073 posts

@sslm: and @JoJoGirl: Thanks. I was doing okay last night. This morning I had a bit more trouble with it. It's all good though. : )

28. sslm

cantaloupe / 6397 posts

@JoJoGirl: I've been seeing a therapist, the first time to help me with still being caught up in the mc and ttc, and today to help me deal with the anxiety of being pregnant again. She told me the first time that we're never going to be able to not be caught up in ttc, all we can do is fill our lives with activities that take our mind off of it, even just for a little bit at a time. So, definitely plan some fun things and just try to get those small breaks from all things ttc.

I'm feeling good, which worries me, lol. Not many symptoms at this point, just tiredness. I'm 5w4d. Thanks for asking, you're so sweet

@Jennimac: Ugh, it's just so hard! Try to find something super fun to do this weekend to take your mind off of it for a few hours (see above). Thinking about you this weekend, I know it'll be a bit of a tough one for you Hugs!!

29. singingbee

pomelo / 5073 posts

@sslm: Thanks. I'm planning on cleaning my house and getting crap out of there. Super fun. Hubby is working, so it's probably going to be okay to be by myself this weekend and have my house to work on. I cleaned our bedroom and bathroom this week before he came home and now I'm going to be working so this next weekend (August 17-18) the house will be clean when he is here. We will go on a date next weekend, etc. He was kind of bugging me these few days he was here and I think it was more me with my hormones. : /

30. PrincessBaby

cantaloupe / 6610 posts

@Jennimac: I'm sorry:(

31. singingbee

pomelo / 5073 posts

@jholler25: Thanks. I'm back at work this week, so that's been a welcome distraction and I have some fun things planned this weekend to keep me from thinking about what I'd would have been doing. : /

32. MrsMccarthy

honeydew / 7295 posts

@Jennimac: Sorry you are out this month! I am sending you vibes for a Fall BFP!

33. Silva

cantaloupe / 6017 posts

alright- this is only our first month TTC, so I realize I'm just a baby in these discussions...

but I am only 7 dpo and just feel so discouraged! my brain keeps telling me that even if this is the cycle for us, I wouldn't notice symptoms yet- but I just feel so emotionally exhausted from all the waiting! My husband feels similarly (of course, without the constant over analyzing of every burp), so we went out for ice cream to distract ourselves. Then we started watching the movie Friends with Kids and I'm all in my head again!!! Ugh!

thanks for letting me vent!

34. singingbee

pomelo / 5073 posts

@MrsMccarthy: Thanks! I'm hoping so too! : )

35. mrsdoily

apricot / 367 posts

I finally feel like myself enough to get back on the boards. I am not POAS this month, but I wanted to pop in with an update on my situation. I finally saw my OB-GYN for the first time since my miscarriage in June. We did some tests and it turns out that I have hypothyroidism. My regular doc did not catch it because they test on a different scale than other docs. So my doc has now put me on Synthroid and hopefully within a month or two my levels will be normal enough the next time I get pregnant, there will be some sticky success!

36. Silva

cantaloupe / 6017 posts

@mrsdoily: Yay! Glad you have some answers! Very exciting news!

37. JoJoGirl

cantaloupe / 6206 posts

@sslm: Yeah I'm coming to that realization too (to find other things to focus on instead of wishing away the time). Holding steady with no desire to test so we'll see if I can wait til Tuesday when AF is due. My CBEFM arrived last night (*cough* gift-wrapped with a card from a certain angel named @Smurfette! *cough*) so I spent the evening learning how to use it and wiping out the memory and whatnot. Trying to get excited to start using it next cycle, he he.

38. kentuckygirl

pear / 1786 posts

@sslm: thanks! I am glad to hear you are doing well! Thanks for checking back on us here in TTC land!

39. Trailmix

nectarine / 2152 posts

@Jojogirl Yeah, so happy that worked out, I think you will really appreciate the de-stressing factor the monitor brings!!!

40. JoJoGirl

cantaloupe / 6206 posts

@Trailmix: Me too!!!! Hope you're doing well!

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee