Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

"It's Business Time" POAS Aug. 2012

1. JoJoGirl

cantaloupe / 6206 posts

@sslm: Me too Thanks lady!

2. Trailmix

nectarine / 2152 posts

@Jojogirl I'm sorry Hopefully the monitor will make things easier and stress-free this cycle and you get a BFP!

3. singingbee

pomelo / 5073 posts

@JoJoGirl: Hugs! If it makes you feel any better, the 2nd month after we got our CBEFM we got a BFP. : ) I haven't started using it back up again. If we don't get pregnant this month, I probably will.

4. singingbee

pomelo / 5073 posts

UPdate on me: I'll probably not post a POAS date just because I'm trying to be zen about everything. Our due date was this past Sunday and I actually was happy that we haven't gotten pregnant before that. My body is still whacked out after our delivery and now that my 'time' has come and past I feel like we are starting over again. Hopefully old wives' tale is true and we get pregnant immediately. Sunday wasn't as hard or as sad as I thought it was going to be. As my husband said, we know we can get pregnant. That's the hard part for some couples. So, we are thankful for the little things. Happy thought for the day, we have a date this weekend and he is off on his long weekend. : ) It's also optimal BD-ing timing--we are going to be about 3 days before O and then he will probably leave right after I O. So, we are just going to ahve a good, fun weekend.

5. Mrs. Pickle

blogger / wonderful cherry / 21628 posts

I'm out for the month. Knowing my husbands sperm count as quality, my expectations each month are low. I still get a little disappointed though. We have another appointment on 9/24 and will be talking about IUI. Hopefully I'll be seeing a BFP in nov or dec through IUI.

6. JoJoGirl

cantaloupe / 6206 posts

@Trailmix: @Jennimac: Thanks ladies! @Jennimac: Glad you're still taking time to recover physically and emotionally. Hope the BFP comes quickly!

@Leialou: Sorry to hear it

7. Apex

clementine / 770 posts

ROLL CALL UPDATE
    8/1 - Alison206--AF
    8/5 - Silvie_B—BFP!!!
    8/5 – Grace – AF:-(
    8/5 – Anonysquire—BFN
    8/7 – Bookworm – AF
    8/9 – Kentuckygirl- AF
    8/9 – Pbandbaseball
    8/10 - Parkerhaus
    8/10 – Jennimac- AF
    8/12 - Mrs. Bird ???
    8/14 - Jojogirl - AF
    8/14 - Leilalou - BFN
    8/15 – Mountainmama
    8/15 - MrsTiz
    8/15 - Crisark
    8/15 - Snickers
    8/17 – MsSally
    8/18 - JENS0125
    8/18 - Ocean Girl
    8/20 - Beetones
    8/20 - April_Showers
    8/25 – Chibee
    8/27 - Rachel
    8/28 – Dharmainitiative
    8/31 - alison206
    Futuremama - TBD

8. Apex

clementine / 770 posts

@JoJoGirl: So Sorry girl, i know that feeling of dissappointment. Every month AF comes i get so mad that there's another wasted egg. Can someone remind our bodies that we do have a limited # of eggs!!! ugh

9. Crisark

pomegranate / 3398 posts

@JoJoGirl: Sorry honey

10. Apex

clementine / 770 posts

@Leialou: Hang in there girl, There's always a light at the end of the tunnel. Thank God for medical sciences...

11. Smurfette

GOLD / wonderful coconut / 33402 posts

@Leialou: hang in there!!

@Jennimac: Glad that you took some time to recover and heal, both emotional and physically. Great timing for this weekend and your date night!

12. Mrs. Schoolbus

blogger / apricot / 349 posts

@jojogirl sorry to hear! my temps dropped too so i'm expecting AF to show up... even though we BDed so much this month!! lol... i won't be POAS though til this weekend or waiting for AF... but temps don't look so good.

13. Mrs. Pickle

blogger / wonderful cherry / 21628 posts

@jojogirl, @beetones, @smurfette: Thank you so much.

I do wish I were more active on this thread, because all you ladies are so supportive. It gets a little hard though. I don't want to sound like a broken record, so I stay quiet.

Baby dust to everyone who is out this month! I pray that you'll see bfps soon.

14. JoJoGirl

cantaloupe / 6206 posts

@Crisark: @Beetones: Thanks guys

@mssally: Bummer!! What day is AF due for you?

15. Mrs. Schoolbus

blogger / apricot / 349 posts

@jojogirl Thursday or Friday.

16. chibee

pear / 1974 posts

@JoJoGirl: Sorry to hear, hope next month is your month!!

@Leialou: sorry to hear go hug your little chi, they know how to make anything better!!

@Jennimac: Have fun this weekend!!!

17. sslm

cantaloupe / 6397 posts

@Leialou: I'm sorry you're out don't worry about a broken record! There's no such thing around here. TTC is so hard, everyone needs a place to vent!

18. sslm

cantaloupe / 6397 posts

@Jennimac: I'm glad you're taking the time you need. I was never able to relax so I commend you for even trying to be sane through all of this email me if you want!

19. futuremama

clementine / 854 posts

I'm sad to see so many AF's and BFN's this month Hopefully we'll have some more good news in the second half of the months. I'm still waiting on my post-D&C AF. I'm at almost 7 weeks now. I'm expecting it to come by the end of this week. I'm trying to hold out until Friday to test. I realize that the chances this month are miniscule (DH was out of town until day after I o'd), but this hopeful (and irrational) part of me can't let go of the possibility.

20. snickers

cherry / 168 posts

I'm sorry for everyone that is out this month. Fingers crossed for next month

My POAS date has changed. I don't think I have O'd yet (from charting) so I have a super long cycle.

I am currently on CD29 and have been really crampy lately including a really sharp pain yesterday - could this be a sign of O maybe?

I am thinking I might POAS around 23rd August.

21. Silva

cantaloupe / 6017 posts

well, I ran and woke up my husband so he could take a look too, and we both saw the second line! BFP today on 12dpo!

My first thought was "thank god I"m not crazy" because I've had some serious symptoms the past two days!

22. Mrs squirreld

nectarine / 2522 posts

@mountainmama: congrats!!!!!!!!

23. mrs. bird

bananas / 9628 posts

@mountainmama: WOOOHOOOO!!! congratulations! i'm so happy for you! we needed a BFP around here

24. futuremama

clementine / 854 posts

@mountainmama: Congrats on your BFP! What symptoms were you noticing?

Hopefully many more to come

25. Silva

cantaloupe / 6017 posts

@futuremama: Thanks! I have been exhausted since Sunday. It kind of feels like the achy, tired feeling you get when the flu or something. I've been very gassy and bloated, yesterday it was too uncomfortable to wear jeans.
    My big clue was that I had cramps all day yesterday. I never get cramps unless I'm actively having AF (and they are mild/rare then). Of course, I kept running to check, but it was just cramping all day. Like menstrual cramps, but duller & more constant than mine tend to be.

26. Crisark

pomegranate / 3398 posts

@mountainmama: Congrats!!!!

AF is 'due' today but that's only if I have a normal 28 day cycle. I have only had one of those and that was last month. I feel like AF is coming. I did have a weak moment and POAS Sat and it was negative as expected.
    I'm honestly not sure I even O'd I just don't know.
    I'm looking forward to our follow up with my OB in a month.

27. chibee

pear / 1974 posts

@mountainmama: congrats!!! i'm so happy we have some good news around here! it also gives me hope that it was your first month TTC and you got your BFP - this is also my first month. So happy for you!

28. Apex

clementine / 770 posts

@mountainmama: YAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY congratulations!!! Share a picture of your BFP with us too

29. Apex

clementine / 770 posts

ROLL CALL UPDATE
    8/1 - Alison206--AF
    8/5 - Silvie_B—BFP!!!
    8/5 – Grace – AF:-(
    8/5 – Anonysquire—BFN
    8/7 – Bookworm – AF
    8/9 – Kentuckygirl- AF
    8/9 – Pbandbaseball
    8/10 - Parkerhaus
    8/10 – Jennimac- AF
    8/12 - Mrs. Bird ???
    8/14 - Jojogirl - AF
    8/14 - Leilalou - BFN
    8/15 – Mountainmama - BFP!!!
    8/15 - MrsTiz - AF
    8/15 - Crisark
    8/17 – MsSally
    8/18 - JENS0125
    8/18 - Ocean Girl
    8/20 - Beetones
    8/20 - April_Showers
    8/25 - Snickers
    8/25 – Chibee
    8/27 - Rachel
    8/28 – Dharmainitiative
    8/31 - alison206
    Futuremama - TBD

30. Mrs. Blue

blogger / pomelo / 5361 posts

@mountainmama: congrats!!!! So exciting!!

Glad August god another BFP, and so sorry to the ladies that have had Diablo show up!

31. Apex

clementine / 770 posts

@Crisark: It's not over yet honey... I'm looking forward to updating the list with your BFP pretty soon

32. Crisark

pomegranate / 3398 posts

@Beetones: You're so sweet! I'm a ragging Bitch and have found my 'period pimple' today so I'm sure my DH is hoping it's AF and not 9 months of this crazy woman that is his wife lol

33. MrsTiz

cantaloupe / 6800 posts

I guess we'll put this month down as 3 BFN's, and AF.

I'm genuinely upset/discouraged/mad at myself for not getting pregnant this month. It's just the first month, but I serioulsly tossed and turned last night after getting a BFN thinking "what if I can't have kids?!" Woke up to AF this morning. Waah I feel bad for feeling like this because I know so many people struggle and have waited MUCH longer.

34. JoJoGirl

cantaloupe / 6206 posts

@Crisark: Hang in there!

@MrsTiz: Aw Don't be so hard on yourself. A lot of ladies here often say the first month is the hardest. It's so hard to not be disappointed but believe it or not, it gets easier in some ways TTC is frustrating but you WILL have kids. Just maybe not cycle 1. Take it easy today!

35. Apex

clementine / 770 posts

@MrsTiz: Seriously, don't be so hard on yourself, Its only a matter of time....

36. Shutterbug

grapefruit / 4703 posts

@MrsTiz: Hugs to you! The first cycle is definitely hard, because (unless you're one of the lucky few) you get knocked into the reality of TTC. But know that only 20% of people get pregnant in any cycle, and that goes for normal, healthy people. So the ones who are successful the first time around are the exception, not the norm.

37. MrsTiz

cantaloupe / 6800 posts

@JoJoGirl: @Beetones: @Rachel: thank you guys, I hope I don't see any of you on the September boards!

38. PrincessBaby

cantaloupe / 6610 posts

@MrsTiz: HUGS:) The first month was honestly one of the hardest for me. I had the highest hope that since I was SO smart and did opks and we timed it perfectly, that we would be one of those lucky first month couples. I was pretty devastated that it didn't work! Unfortunately, it took us 9 cycles to get pregnant with a sticky baby, and we had all the testing done at a fertility clinic to show that we're perfectly healthy. Don't get too down on yourself, we are perfect examples of how even when you are perfectly healthy, it can still take a little longer!

39. kentuckygirl

pear / 1786 posts

@mountainmama: yaaayyy! Congratulations!!!

40. kentuckygirl

pear / 1786 posts

So I just got back to work after my first RE appointment. It was such a great experience! I feel so much better and have renewed hope!

I had a vaginal ultrasound, they took blood for some additional tests, and I got an HSG scheduled for tomorrow! Based on what the tests show, we discussed either continuing on Clomid but increasing the dosage or switching to Femara. Does anyone have opinions about the differences in those two drugs?

I was worried before going in today that we would be pushed into IUI right away, but he was very open to what we want. We may want to try it later but I just don't feel ready for that yet.

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee