Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

January 2016 Moms!

1. sera_87

pomegranate / 3604 posts

@travellingbee: maybe closed is referring means station? Like cervix can be dilated but at -3 station.....?

2. travellingbee

hostess / papaya / 10219 posts

@sera_87: Ah OK. maybe so

3. mdf106

clementine / 828 posts

@travellingbee: 34 weeks, so I probably will make it to January. I will be almost 38 weeks in the beginning of January.

4. Worrywart

apricot / 394 posts

@travellingbee: Ya know, I'm not really sure? However, I did lose my mucus plug last night. So now it's just wait and see. DH and I finally packed our hospital bags last night so we're ready-ish to go. We moved to the suburbs in February and my hospital is still in the city so I'm praying I don't go into labor during heavy traffic times!!! It could happen any day now or a week or two. 37 week appt is scheduled for Monday!

5. travellingbee

@Worrywart: whoa lost your mucus plug! Things are moving along! keep us updated after your appt on Monday.

6. travellingbee

I think I lost some of my mucus plug this morning.

ETA: Not 100% but it was clear and globby and jelly like which is kind of what I remember with DS1. I never had a big brown glob like some people say.

7. Kimberlybee

grapefruit / 4997 posts

@travellingbee: yay! So exciting! Is that the technical term for your water breaking? I had a scheduled C-section for DD1 so I have no idea what that feels like.

8. travellingbee

@Kimberlybee: no nothing that exciting. It just means that as you are dilating the plug that covers your cervix starts to loosen and come out. It can still be weeks.

9. Worrywart

apricot / 394 posts

@travellingbee: hooray!! That's what mine looked like too. The boys are coming soon!

10. DesertDreams88

grapefruit / 4361 posts

I really thought about posting these questions here, but decided a separate thread would be better! Any thoughts from my fellow January mamas?

http://boards.hellobee.com/topic/questions-for-the-ob-35-weeks?replies=1#post-2387059

11. smith

cherry / 154 posts

I've had myself worked up for cervical checks almost the entire pregnancy (can probably thank Google for this) but I'm happy to say I had my first today and it was no big deal. Makes me wonder what else I'm getting myself worked up about for no good reason!

Not dilated yet, but things are soft and the babe has his head down and we're ready to rock 'n' roll whenever it's time.

Now if only we had a crib and diapers and stuff he'll actually need when he makes his appearance ...

12. oliviaoblivia

pineapple / 12793 posts

@smith: you're so lucky! Cervical checks are incredibly painful for me.

Spent five hours in L&D yesterday. Baby girl is doing very well, but I'm having terrible itching on my hands and feet. My bloodwork came back as just below the threshold for ICP which is not good. I suspect the amoxicillin I was on for a sinus infection was too much for my liver. We've stopped the amox and will redo the tests on Friday. So far I'm not quite as itchy so I hope this resolves on its own. Kinda scary.

13. mdf106

clementine / 828 posts

@oliviaoblivia: That is scary, I hope it improves.

@smith: I found cervical checks prior to labor to be not painful, but during labor they were painful. I do not know if it was because they were done by different people, or something else.

14. mrs.shinerbock

pomegranate / 3779 posts

@oliviaoblivia: oh no! I hope it gets better.

I don't know if it because it's the second time or what, but I am so much more whiney about my pregnancy this time. I'm in a lot more pain and having to limit activities more this time and I'm so over it.

15. MrsYellowJacket

apricot / 378 posts

Sending everyone well wishes and good vibes!!!! I have to admit, having the twins OUTSIDE instead of inside in much easier on me and my body. I'm cheering for all you ladies rounding out the third trimester!

Just a quick update - our girls had a whirlwind experience in NICU and we're both out in just 10 days! They would have been 34w5d at discharge. It's incredible they were so young, but acting closer to 37 weeks. We're SO thrilled to have them home and they're on an awesome schedule from the NICU. So we're actually getting some stretches of sleep which is nice.

16. mdf106

clementine / 828 posts

@MrsYellowJacket: That is fantastic!

17. travellingbee

So had my 37 week check- 1.5cm, 70% effaced, clear cervix (meaning not much plug left) very loose cervix. That's the first check I've ever had that hurt. Youch! She said I could go at any time!

18. mrs.shinerbock

pomegranate / 3779 posts

@MrsYellowJacket: so glad they are home and doing well!

19. oliviaoblivia

pineapple / 12793 posts

@MrsYellowJacket: yay! So glad they are home and letting you get some rest!

@travellingbee: yay for progress!

20. travellingbee

@oliviaoblivia: I'm excited because with DS1 I was about a fingertip dilated and 50% effaced with no change until right around my due date. I fully expected her to say, no change. But she was like, "Well! Things are a lot more loose and clear!" She could feel my bag of waters! That's so crazy to me. So it just feels good to know that things are moving forward. Maybe this baby will come before Christmas!

21. sera_87

pomegranate / 3604 posts

DS is a whopping 908grams! two whole pounds!
    doubled his birth weight in 5 weeks, little overachiever!

ETA: thats a lot of exclamation points! Sorry! didn't mean to!

22. mrs.shinerbock

pomegranate / 3779 posts

@sera_87: whoo hoo! He's growing fast!

@travellingbee: moving right along.

23. mdf106

clementine / 828 posts

@sera_87: That is fantastic!

24. oliviaoblivia

pineapple / 12793 posts

@sera_87: that's amazing!! Grow Theo grow!!

25. travellingbee

@sera_87: wow, yay!!

26. gracecat

clementine / 878 posts

Great news all around!

27. MrsYellowJacket

apricot / 378 posts

@sera_87: that's fantastic!!! Grow baby grow!

28. DesertDreams88

grapefruit / 4361 posts

@MrsYellowJacket: so glad you all are home from the nicu! Congratulations!
    @travellingbee: just get through the next 3 days of school and then it's baby and xmas time!
    @sera_87: Theo's growth deserves all the exclamation points

29. DesertDreams88

grapefruit / 4361 posts

Had my 35 week appt today. Baby looks great, heart arrythmia doing better, he's head down, blood pressure is great. Only concern is I am small, DH is tall, baby bump is huge, and weight gain is 34 lbs already. He mentioned maybe doing another growth/level 2 ultrasound at 38 weeks to predict size and and maybe maybe consider a planned CS... which I'm not a big fan of. But we'll just have to wait and see!

30. travellingbee

@DesertDreams88: only 2 days for me! I'm off Friday! Yay! Glad to hear everything looks good. I'm really against doctors pushing c sections for baby size. Lots of little women birth big babies with no issues. I hope your doctor chills out!

ETA: I am having a ton of cramps this morning. Don't know what that is about. It feels exactly like the morning I get my period.

31. gracecat

clementine / 878 posts

@travellingbee: omg that's what it felt like when I started going into labor with DD1! Period cramps.....

32. gracecat

clementine / 878 posts

@DesertDreams88: that's great news!

Yeah c sections based on size are tough. On the one hand I was one of those classic cases where we should have induced early or skipped straight to c section cuz she was clearly too enormous and never descended past -3 station after like 48 hours in labor. DD1 was 10.5 pounds.

On the other hand many women have given birth vaginally to enormous babies. It's such a tough call! What does your intuition say?

33. littlebug

honeydew / 7504 posts

@oliviaoblivia: Oh, that's scary! Hope you're follow up is better and you're out of the woods with that!

@sera_87: That's AWESOME news! I agree with @DesertDreams88: doubled weight deserves all the exclamation points!

@travellingbee: Eek! Keep us posted!

34. DesertDreams88

grapefruit / 4361 posts

Yeah, I've read so many stories on HB about OBs overestimating size so I am quite hesitant. Also the section on "big babies" on evidencebasedbirth.com is quite convincing that a planned CS is not necessary. We'll see. I'll post my 35 week bump pic later in the bump thread and y'all can see the basketball I'm smuggling

35. brady80

kiwi / 589 posts

@DesertDreams88: they were predicting that my LO1 was going to be 10 pounds and were pushing a CS. I ended up having a CS for another reason, but she was 7.13 This time around the baby is measuring big as well. The u/s tech told me that measurements are based on head and abdomen sizes...my daughter has a huge head (95th %) and is tall. I say all this because they really aren't great at predicting size and can be off by a few pounds, which is a lot when you are talking about a baby!!!

36. travellingbee

So lots of cramping all day and I lost a bit more plug but nothing else other than that. I think maybe I am cramping because of the exam yesterday. She was a little rough poking around up there so that might be what all the cramping is about. Doesn't seem like baby is going to make an appearance just yet

37. oliviaoblivia

pineapple / 12793 posts

Had my 35 week appointment today.
    I don't have ICP! Huge relief. My OB thinks I may have an allergy to amoxicillin that cause my crazy itchiness.
    Baby girl is on track to be our biggest baby yet. Measuring 7.5-8.5 pounds today so 10-11 pounds at her due date. I don't feel so bad about taking her out at 38w4d now.
    I know ultrasounds are notoriously off, but they were only off by an ounce with my oldest and three ounces with my youngest.
    Definitely not going for a VBAC.

38. travellingbee

@oliviaoblivia: wow, huge baby!! Glad to hear you don't have ICP.

I found out I am GBS positive again. Booo....

39. Worrywart

apricot / 394 posts

@travellingbee: I'm positive this time too. Grrrrrr

40. gracecat

clementine / 878 posts

@travellingbee: I was too! Weird how it is so common yet just comes and goes but can be so bad for baby for vaginal births. Freaked me out when I read about it.

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee