Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

January 2016 Moms!

1. lauren0817

apricot / 369 posts

@travellingbee: it is wonderful that you had three follicles! My body either wanted one or about 8 - I had a cancelled cycle when that happened... Hope you get at least half a movie break today

2. SwanSong

cherry / 220 posts

@travellingbee: I am completely paranoid about that, too! I hope he doesn't blow my cover. Although, the belly button thing is completely adorable.

3. lauren0817

apricot / 369 posts

@Mermaidri: oh wow - so awesome! Transfer buddies Yep my cramping settled down as well - I'm also feeling tired and the morning sickness is starting to really kick in. I never thought I'd be this happy to feel so crappy I hope your first ultrasound goes well! I'm going in weekly for right now to monitor the bleeding situation - I love all of the ultrasound pics

4. travellingbee

hostess / papaya / 10219 posts

This nausea is killing me. Anyone have anything beyond eating that helps. I have some ginger gum that takes the edge off kind of. Ugh. It's rough.

5. MaryM

pomelo / 5129 posts

@travellingbee: Are you well hydrated? As long as I keep drinking water and eating regularly I feel ok.

But one day I went to long between meals and hadn't drank enough water, and ugh. I felt so awful.

6. travellingbee

@MaryM: yeah, plenty of water and tooo much food. I have periods where I feel ok but lots of times where I am nauseous but I just can't eat non-stop! I just made a smoothie. Hoping that will help.

7. MaryM

pomelo / 5129 posts

@travellingbee: yeah. I've found eating is a fine line.

Too little and I feel gross. But if I eat even the tiniest bit too much I feel gross...

8. travellingbee

@MaryM: yup. Same here.

9. mrs.shinerbock

pomegranate / 3779 posts

@travellingbee: drinking root beer and sucking on peppermints helped me last time. I haven't had MS too bad yet, so I haven't tried it this time.

10. JoyfulKiwi

nectarine / 2667 posts

@SupernovaJ: my husband and I are both hoping for a girl. I think it'd be nice to experience raising a girl; he just wants to be different - everyone we know is having/has had a boy!
    @lauren0817: @mermaidri: Congratulations!
    @swansong: @travellingbee: we haven't told our son yet because I KNOW he'll blab. He told everyone and their mother about me having a dentist appointment a few weeks ago, so I have low expectations for his secret keeping abilities. But when we ask him if he'd like a real baby, he says "yes, a Margret!" (Like Daniel tigers little sister)
    @travellingbee: during my last pregnancy I drank ginger ale, constantly nibbled on saltines, and sucked peppermints.

Does anyone not have nausea or get it later on than 5 weeks? I didn't get a lot last time, but I did have some in the mornings/on an empty stomach. For some reason I'm paranoid about not having it; like I must not really be pregnant.

11. travellingbee

@JoyfulKiwi: I only had passing queasiness until just about 6 weeks.

12. MaryM

pomelo / 5129 posts

@JoyfulKiwi: I feel like I felt more queasy more often last pregnancy (that ended in MC at 6 weeks). But I also was more freaked out (it was a surprise) and wasn't sleeping at all.

ETA: I'm only 5 weeks now, and have the passing queasiness so far.

13. JoyfulKiwi

nectarine / 2667 posts

@travellingbee: @MaryM: phew, that makes me feel better. I know I should just be grateful to not feel sick. What crazy person WANTS to be nauseated?! (Lol, somehow my phone wanted to autocorrect to "basilisk"!)

14. cvwood

grape / 78 posts

@JoyfulKiwi: I had a really well timed stomach bug at 6 weeks when I was pregnant before, and thought for sure it was the beginning of morning sickness. Nope. My mom got it, too and it went away. I never really had any more.

You're still pregnant!

15. travellingbee

@cvwood: I couldn't be more jealous. I was sick until 20 weeks last time.

16. sera_87

pomegranate / 3604 posts

@JoyfulKiwi: I usually don't get nausea until 8~ weeks or so. Aaaaand then it's rough. Ds1 I puked pretty much the entire way through and ds2 lasted until .....I wanna say 18ish? weeks. I always lose weight in the first tri

17. lauren0817

apricot / 369 posts

@JoyfulKiwi: Thank you so much! Congratulations to you as well I completely understand about worrying about symptoms - I am having some nausea, but it does come and go. I think 5 weeks is still a bit early - I am 6 weeks, 2 days and today I feel awful! It's so funny because I am so happy to feel sick - we have been waiting a long time for this pregnancy so I am ready! Yep I'm the crazy lady that wants to be sick

18. sera_87

pomegranate / 3604 posts

So many new people! Welcome!

January moms!

January 3: Gracecat (#2)
    January 4: Karen (#2)
    January 5: lauren0187 (#1), travellingbee (#2)
    January 6: Mermaidri (#1), alba4 (#2)
    January 9: Mrs.Shinerbrock (#2)
    January 13: sera_87 (#3), Chitownro (#2), Kristinleigh (#1), swansong (#2)
    January 14: marym (#1)
    January 15: Joyfulkiwi (#2)
    January 16: Supernovaj (#2)
    January 17: MDF106 (#2)
    January 19: MrsYellowJacket (#1), cvwood (#2), swoggette (#3)
    January 22: hiker85 (#1)

Tbd:
    Smith: January ??? (#1)

19. travellingbee

@sera_87: You can switch mine to the 5th. Not that it makes much difference but that's the date they gave me at the ultrasound.

20. sera_87

pomegranate / 3604 posts

@travellingbee: done! Glad you caught it in time to edit

21. travellingbee

@sera_87: ha- random.

22. gracecat

clementine / 878 posts

This list looks too familiar. With DD I was at the top of the calendar but the last of the ladies to deliver (43 weeks)! Makes me nervous but I will probably have a repeat c section anyways....

23. Hiker85

coffee bean / 33 posts

This thread moves so fast! It's hard to keep up with you all Life has been crazy as we're moving. My friends had a going away party for us last night so I made "sangria" and no one even noticed there wasn't any alcohol in it I also scheduled my first appointment for mid-June. I will be 8 weeks and they'll use a Doppler to listen to the heart but she said we may not hear anything. Any experiences with hearing the heartbeat that early? I'd really like to hear it before we start telling our families!

24. MrsYellowJacket

apricot / 378 posts

@Hiker85: Ooooo! Please share your alcohol free sangria recipe!!

25. Hiker85

coffee bean / 33 posts

@MrsYellowJacket: Haha it was super easy! I put in a bottle of alcohol-removed moscato, some lemon-lime soda water, a jar of pinapple juice, and then just a bunch of different frozen fruit to keep it cold! It definitely had the sweet taste of the wine, but all the other ingredients masked the lack of actual alcohol

26. sera_87

pomegranate / 3604 posts

@Hiker85: hearing should be fine. And even if you can't, you can definitely see it - it's a pulsing, flickering white spot. It's SO cool.

ETA: woops. Just noticed you said Doppler and not ultrasound. 8 weeks might be a little difficult.....I've found though that if they're patient and try different spots it usually works. Good luck!

27. sera_87

pomegranate / 3604 posts

@gracecat: if it's any consolation, ds1 was 8 days late (due aug 10/born Aug 18), and ds2 was 6 days late (due aug 6/born aug 12). So if this little one follows the pattern, s/he'll be arriving 4 days late - which would make it jan 17

28. mdf106

clementine / 828 posts

@Hiker85: I think 8 weeks is early to hear on a doppler.

I will probably have to tell my parents before I see/hear anything, because they are going to be visiting, and will probably be suspicious.

29. Hiker85

coffee bean / 33 posts

@sera_87: @mdf106: Thanks! Hopefully I'll get to hear something, but if not I'll have to be patient I suppose.

@mdf106: How long will they be visiting for? That's what I'm worried about too- I'm going on vacation for a week right after my appointment and I'm afraid I won't be able to hide it!

30. mdf106

clementine / 828 posts

@Hiker85: A week and a half, at about 6 weeks, before my first appointment. They visited early in my last pregnancy, and I did tell them then. It was a little stressful, because they were so excited, and I was still very nervous about miscarriage. But, I think trying to hide it would have been harder.

31. Hiker85

coffee bean / 33 posts

@mdf106: Yeah that's a long time to try to hide it! I think I will probably end up spilling the beans even if we don't hear anything at the appointment.

32. cvwood

grape / 78 posts

@Hiker85: @mdf106 be careful if you tell your parents now. We just told mine by meeting them at dinner with my son wearing a shirt that said "big brother". They immediately texted the picture to pretty much my entire family before I realized they were doing it. Whoops. I assumed they'd know not to until the second tri, I was wrong.

33. JoyfulKiwi

nectarine / 2667 posts

@Hiker85: I had an ultrasound at 8 weeks with my first, but I'm not sure about the Doppler. I assume they'd be able to tell if something was wrong though?
    I couldn't hide it from my parents either. I told them already this time and told my dad the day we got a positive test for my last one!

@cvwood: my mom was immediately asking if she could tell her sisters. I said wait until my first appointment and she literally whined "whyyyyyyy?" She checked herself pretty quickly - I think she's just excited and her sister just had two grand babies come into the world, so I think she wants some spotlight too.

34. SupernovaJ

persimmon / 1141 posts

@MaryM: I totally agree with going in for a later ultrasound if you are not high risk. for my first pregnancy, we went at 5 weeks and she wanted us to come back at 6. the baby was measuring behind so all she saw was a sac - no fetal pole or anything else and the OB said not to get too excited. even at 6 weeks (or what we thought was six weeks) there was no heart beat! that actually was pretty frightening. but everything turned out fine and the baby ended up measuring right on track at 8 weeks or so. i know it's so hard but try not to worry.

@sera_87: LOL fingers, toes everything crossed for a baby girl!!

@SwanSong: I've heard a few parents say this before! that they had all the boy (or girl) stuff already and that it would just be easier. i think that makes sense. it's always nice to give them a sibling of the same sex, too. that's why i'm a bit torn between girl and boy. i would love to give my LO a sister, but i've always adored little boys truly would be stoked with either~

@cvwood: it would be so fun to be TG. did you feel like the pregnancy dragged on because you didn't know the sex, or do you get used to it after a while? i don't know if i could be patient through to the end, but i'm trying to convince husband to be TG this time.

@JoyfulKiwi: Girls are so sweet! fingers crossed i know a few pregnant moms who have announced their pregnancy but they are just starting their second trimesters and haven't had their anatomy scan yet, so we don't know what this next "wave" will be. with our first, EVERYONE was having a girl...us included. we always joke that all the girls will have serious competition in the future.

35. MaryM

pomelo / 5129 posts

I told my mom right away, but she's very level headed and is good at calming me down if I need it. I had to let her tell my SIL though, but she's also not overly excitable, and has 8 kids, so she's a great resource!

The in laws are another story though. They fly off the handle and start planning the kid's entire life. I imagine they have to suspect something since I've seen them three times in the last week, I'm super bloated, and not drinking.

36. Hiker85

coffee bean / 33 posts

@cvwood: Yikes! Thanks for the warning!

@JoyfulKiwi: Good to hear! Yeah I think I'll have to give up on waiting until 12 weeks to tell, I won't be able to hold it in that long!

37. cvwood

grape / 78 posts

@JoyfulKiwi: Ha! I think my mom actually forgot the rules, but she did shoot me a look when I told her to stop telling people. Then she softened when she realized that I was right. She has four sisters, I think they're always in an imaginary contest over one thing or another. My dad, however, ASKED me if he could tell my brother. I told him that I was planning to call him myself after dinner, and my dad sent the picture anyway. I'm just glad they're excited, they mean well.

@supernovaj I had a few emotional breakdowns wanting to find out the sex and made my mind up to ask and not tell my husband, one in particular after looking at cute summer dresses in baby gap. But they actually don't record the sex at ultrasounds at my facility unless you want to know, so I would have had to schedule an extra one. In the end, it was worth it to all be surprised together. I don't mind being on team green again, although I expect I'll have a similar moment or two of weakness when I want to buy something pink and frilly.

You are all making me so nervous about getting morning sickness! So far I'm a little queasy before I eat in the morning, which I don't remember happening last time. I didn't realize it could hit as late as 8 weeks, though.

38. travellingbee

So everyone in our immediate families know because they'd been aware of our IF struggle but extended family doesn't. I took a trip this weekend with my parents and grandmother and my mom and grandmother both said I was showing. Sigh. Hard to explain and embarrassing to say that it's just bloat....

Era: oh and the. I felt self conscious the while time we were with extended family that I didn't want to know yet.

39. mdf106

clementine / 828 posts

@cvwood: I will ask my parents not to tell anyone, like I did last time. I know it was hard for them to wait. I do worry that they will be very upset if I do have a miscarriage after I tell them. Last time they got really excited right away, and did not understand that DH and I were nervous about a loss.

40. raintreebee

pear / 1531 posts

Joining in!

EDD: 1/22/2016

How far along: 4 weeks, 3 days

First child? No, they will be almost exactly 2 years apart.

First doctor appointment: I've had betas done since this is an IVF pregnancy, and my first ultrasound will be at 5 weeks this Friday to confirm a uterine pregnancy.

Any symptoms so far? Extreme exhaustion. I took maybe 2 naps during my entire first pregnancy. I've already taken three this week!

Who have you told? DH obviously, my BFF, and my son's nanny so that she doesn't think it is weird I am working from home so much and napping in the middle of the day. We will tell our parents after hearing the heartbeat and then friends after the first trimester probably.

So glad to see other fellow IVFers on this board!

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee