Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

January 2017 moms!

1. babypugs

persimmon / 1101 posts

@nursemama: I'm so glad you will be able to share this gift with your mom!

2. Mrs. Toad

persimmon / 1095 posts

@snowjewelz:Thanks, I have been stalking this board as well, hoping I would be able to join. Looking forward to the next nine months with everyone.

3. sunnyday

kiwi / 573 posts

I have my first appointment with my family doc tomorrow. Know I will likely have to pee in a cup, be weighed, and get sent for bloodwork, and hopefully get a requisition for a dating u/s in a couple weeks!

Pretty much symptomless last couple days, so would like some reassurance out of tomorrow

4. Smurfette

GOLD / wonderful coconut / 33402 posts

@sunnyday: Good luck! I go on the 25th and I can't wait cause I want an ultrasound scheduled. I hate the uncertainty of the 1st trimester.

5. ruby26

coffee bean / 36 posts

@sunnyday: yay! Have a great appointment! @Smurfette: I thought I was being dramatic as a ftm being so unsure and anxious about this first trimester so far! Glad to hear it's totally normal.
    @Mrs. Toad: welcome!

6. snowjewelz

wonderful kiwi / 23653 posts

@Smurfette: Me too. I called the new practice I want to go to, they scheduled me for 5/31... So late! I might call back again to see if I can go earlier, and also call another practice that I'm interested in.

@sunnyday: I know, when I don't feel crappy I get nervous, but when I feel crappy I just want to feel nothing!

Pregnancy headache kept me up for hours last night! I kept asking DH if I was like this last time around haha. I feel like my symptoms aren't as bad, but I feel it more since there's a toddler in the house now. I have not cleaned my house this whole week, it has never happened before

7. Chillybear

pomegranate / 3032 posts

Pregnancy and parenting is so hard. I fell asleep with LO last night in our bed at 9:00 moved her into the crib at 12 and slept this morning until 6:30. (way past my alarm) She was quite the pill this morning not wanting to get dressed, put her shoes on.... tantrums after tantrums. Today was the first morning the nausea actually felt like it was going make it out.... while i was in the drivethu lane at starbucks no less.

8. babypugs

persimmon / 1101 posts

@sunnyday: @Smurfette: @snowjewelz: Ah, y'all will get to find out some info so soon! Last time my doc wouldn't see me until 9 weeks, I believe. I would really like to go sooner. I'm still POASing constantly to make sure the line is still there.

9. Smurfette

@Chillybear: oh no!
    @babypugs: Oh I peed on a test again this morning. Since my doc wants to do a blood and urine test (they do for everyone) they want you to come in between 6-8 weeks. I think last time I went in at 6 weeks and then between 8 and 9 for an ultrasound. It seems silly to go in to me but I will so I can get an ultrasound scheduled. I know I will be going in a 10 weeks to do the genetic testing.

10. snowjewelz

@Chillybear: I fell asleep with DD too for the past few nights. Feel so bad to leave DH to clean up but I just can't! And she wakes up at 5:30!! I'm like dear God whhyyyy!

@babypugs: @Smurfette: Now I want to POAS too haha!

11. babypugs

persimmon / 1101 posts

@snowjewelz: Resist the urge! I wish I was strong enough!

12. Smurfette

@snowjewelz: I didn't do this with my first. I think cause I tested so early. I was so excited to see it way darker today. 5 weeks exactly.

13. Mrs. Toad

persimmon / 1095 posts

@sunnyday: I'm going in for the same reason and to get a referral to the OB. I'm lucky they are able to see me early tomorrow because I leave for vacation mid day tomorrow. If they didn't manage this appointment, it wouldn't be until the 23rd that I would be seen.

@Smurfette: I'm waiting for both of these appointments. I was told when I had my IUD removed, that the normal schedule is an 8 week dating ultrasound and 10 week genetic testing.

@snowjewelz: Good luck. I hope you get seen sooner rather than later.

@ruby26: Thank you, excited to be on this journey with you.

I will be leaving on a cruise tomorrow afternoon. Hopefully, I'll have a chance to get on here tomorrow after my morning appointment. I'll catch back up with everyone in a week and a half.

14. snowjewelz

@Mrs. Toad: Oo, have fun!!

15. Smurfette

@Mrs. Toad: I went back and checked I went at 6w for blood and urine. Then had an ultrasound at 7w5d with my first. So now I am annoyed that I am going at 7w for blood and urine. Have fun on your cruise!

16. sunnyday

kiwi / 573 posts

Appt was great! Hectic rest of day so I didn't get to update sooner! Confirmation appt yesterday at my doc's! Nurse laughed how quickly the test went positive when she tested it! Dating U/S May 24th (I will hopefully be 7w5d then!) and then first prenatal appointment May 31st! U/S clinic receptionist loves my kiddo's and was so excited when I handed her the requisition. Feeling a little more real now for sure with the nurse, doctor and u/s receptionist saying congrats! My doc sent message to another family doc who delivers for taking me on further in pregnancy. Need to block the appointment dates/times in my work calendar and get creative on what I'm doing out of office, lol. I have to go get bloodwork done in the next couple days too, just screening stuff to rule out and make sure I am a-okay. Also weighed myself at doctor's because no scale at home. 148.5 lbs starting weight for this one! I was 142 for my first to start, and 150 for my 2nd, I am definitely a little squishy/not super fit right now, but was happy with that number yesterday! Gained almost 60lbs with my first, 30lbs with my second.

17. Smurfette

@sunnyday: Glad you had a great appointment. I am so jealous you get an ultrasound before I have my 1st appointment. And the best thing about this time, is you can blame your appointment on your kid(s), I am planning on that.

18. sunnyday

kiwi / 573 posts

@Smurfette: hmm. I didn't even think about that. DS is two next week and I will just say he has a 2y/o check-up for the 24th appt. Easy! I think I need to reschedule the 31st already though....I will be in job interviews that week, bleh!

19. snowjewelz

@sunnyday: Glad you had a good appointment!

It's so hard for me to even schedule them since I have to physically leave the office and hide in my car to make calls!

20. sunnyday

kiwi / 573 posts

@snowjewelz: lol aww what a pain! Walls are thin around here, but I can just close my door.

21. snowjewelz

@sunnyday: Ugh, we're super open concept here, even my boss isn't really in an office, tho he has one.

22. babypugs

persimmon / 1101 posts

@sunnyday: Sounds like an amazing appointment! So glad that everything went well.

23. afishermanswife

coffee bean / 25 posts

Hi ladies

I made an account last week (as nursemama) and then forgot the password. Turns out I already had an old account on here and it would only let me retrieve this one lol! so I made a name switch on you;)

I'm a bit panicked today - small amount of bright red spotting after a BM this morning. Anyone else ever had a similar experience? Of course my doctor says wait it out…
    Had betas done Friday (710) and Monday (2645) so at least that is a positive sign.

How is everyone feeling today?

24. snowjewelz

@afishermanswife: I hope it's nothing!!

Feeling really crappy today! Barely got any work done...

25. Smurfette

@afishermanswife: I haven't. Sorry! I hope it is nothing.

26. mybell208

coffee bean / 45 posts

Hi everyone!

EDD: January 14

How far along: ~4 weeks

First child? 2nd pregnancy

First doctor appointment: May 25 (wish it were sooner!)

Any symptoms so far? ugh, tender boobs

Who have you told? BF, moms, and closest friends. I'm planning to wait to tell everyone else.

27. snowjewelz

@mybell208: Hi welcome!

I am praaaying I feel decent this weekend. I'm solo-ing DD tonight and all of Sat

28. Smurfette

@mybell208: welcome and congrats!

29. Chillybear

pomegranate / 3032 posts

I made a list! Feel free to update as needed

DUE DATES!
    5 - Sunnyday, Chillybear, Afishermanswife, snowjewelz
    9 - Ruby26, Limabeanbabies
    11 - Smurfette
    14 - Mybell208
    15 - Mrs. Toad
    18 - Babypugs

30. bluebubblez

pea / 17 posts

Hi all!

I'm new to this board and so excited to be here!! DH wants me to wait until 10+ weeks to tell others so I knew I had to join HB.

EDD: 01/09/17

How far along: 5 weeks 1 day (I ovulated later last cycle)

First child? YES!!

First doctor appointment: Yesterday, I had my first sonogram and saw the sac! After having some cramping and food poisoning on Wed & Thursday, my RE had us come in for a scan. Amazing *tears*

Any symptoms so far? Breasts are definitely bigger and lots of cramping. Had a little spotting on Wed/Thurs.

Who have you told? DH & my mom!

31. sunnyday

kiwi / 573 posts

@Chillybear: Thanks for list making.....love lists, lol.

@mybell208: @bluebubblez: welcome!

I am pretty symptom-free lately, I have moments of nausea, but really looking forward to the u/s on the 24th. Went for bloodwork yesterday at a lab from doc's requisition, arm is super sore today, and I have a family party tomorrow I was hoping to wear short sleeves for, but we'll see. I would so be busted if my Mom knew I was at docs or lab!

32. babypugs

persimmon / 1101 posts

@bluebubblez: Welcome!

I just found out my first appointment won't be until I'm 9 weeks along instead of 8....so far away, boooo!

How is everyone feeling?

33. Smurfette

@bluebubblez: welcome!
    @babypugs: Boo! Can you get on a cancellation list? Maybe something will come up sooner.

I am feeling fine, which is just making me nervous. But trying to remind myself that it was the same with LO. Just really tired but still having trouble sleeping. DH is home for the weekend so I am going to take some Unisom tonight. I don't like to take it the nights that he is gone in-case LO wakes up over night. I am having to go pee like every 30 mins.

34. snowjewelz

I feel nauseous all day long. I ran to Target to buy some spicy picked peppers and saltines, haha.

Ugh so I called this new dr again to see if I can come in any sooner and they won't take me in till 8 weeks so my 5/31 appt stands. Boo! I was used to seeing heartbeat at 6 weeks last time! I tried to call another practice but didn't get through...

35. afishermanswife

coffee bean / 25 posts

@smurfette: sending sleep vibes your way!

@snowjewelz @babypugs: i feel ya on the late appointment misery. The wait is pure torture!

I'm still mostly symptom free. Just gas pains, so glamorous. I know I should be happy so far avoiding MS but it's also anxiety provoking. 13 days until ultrasound, not that I'm counting or anything….

36. Makingbabyw

grape / 82 posts

EDD: jan 21st

How far along: 4 weeks 1 day

First child? YES!!

First doctor appointment: haven't called, just found out yesterday

Any symptoms so far? Sore boobs, very bloated , extremely exhausted

Who have you told? Husband and one of my sisters

So excited to be posting here and to go on this journey with you all. Hoping this is a sticky baby and everything goes smoothly 😁💕

37. Smurfette

@Makingbabyw: congrats and welcome!

38. sunnyday

kiwi / 573 posts

@Makingbabyw: Congrats and welcome!

Hope everyone had a good weekend. Is anyone else feel like they are dropping the ball on meals at home? I am really good at meal planning, prep, cooking, etc. and lately I look at food and definitely don't want to eat, or want to throw up. It's sort of funny, but I apologized to my husband last night because it's so not my norm. I did make them a good dinner last night somehow though (I may never eat chicken again at this rate, LOL) and then went to my room to eat a bowl of alphagetti, how awful, but lol'ing at myself bigtime. My DS's 2nd Birthday is tomorrow and I am changing my meal plans so I don't have to do any food prep infront of anyone, parents and grandparents coming over.

39. snowjewelz

@Makingbabyw: Welcome!

@sunnyday: I'm dropping the ball on EVERYTHING. Poor DH has been picking up everything. I feel horrible giving DD so much screen time too! I solo'd her on Sat and barely survived!

I called the new OB again and they verified that the earliest I could go in is 5/31!

40. snowjewelz

Updated!

DUE DATES!
    5 - Sunnyday, Chillybear, Afishermanswife, snowjewelz
    9 - Ruby26, Limabeanbabies, Bluebubblez
    11 - Smurfette
    14 - Mybell208
    15 - Mrs. Toad
    18 - Babypugs
    21 - Makingbabyw

Reply »