Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

January 2017 moms!

1. snowjewelz

wonderful kiwi / 23653 posts

@Mrs. Toad: Ugggh K too. When I come home from work the first word out of her mouth is boobie!! And she tries to lift up or pull down my shirt and lays herself horizontally to get into position haha! Usually it's so cute that I just give in. And of course she still nurses at night too...

2. IRunForFun

pomelo / 5509 posts

@Peasinapod: @snowjewelz: Interestingly DD has never really fed "on demand." She's never demanded to nurse, so to speak. We've always just had a schedule and if she seems fussy/hungry I've adjusted but she's never really seemed to specifically indicate she wants milk, except when she's sick she might. If I ask if she wants milk she gets excited and then gets upset if she doesn't get it right away, so she def understands "milk" but I think the "don't ask, don't offer" method for weaning will be fine for us, I just have to decide when to do it.

3. Peasinapod

clementine / 770 posts

@IRunForFun: oh that's a lot easier! My little oddly didn't ask for it really until she learned the word boobie. Now anytime she thinks of it she asks and knows I know what she means and gets upset if she doesn't get it.

4. Mrs. Toad

persimmon / 1095 posts

@IRunForFun: The don't ask, don't offer seems like it will work for you. I hope that by changing the routine - no train ride - I will manage to get her to give it up.

@snowjewelz: Sorry to hear that she still nurses overnight. I am so lucky that I have great sleepers. They gave up overnight on their own. E has been exhausted at times after being switched to one nap with lots of activity that she just wanted to go to sleep. DH put her down and she didn't care that she missed nursing. I have completely given that up.

5. snowjewelz

@Mrs. Toad: Nice! Mine doesn't seem to ever need to sleep lol! I should prob wean her off of nursing to sleep, but I also kind of hold onto it as my snuggle time with her...

6. Smurfette

GOLD / wonderful coconut / 33402 posts

Urg....sinus infection and pink eye. This winter can suck it.

7. snowjewelz

@Smurfette: Awww poor thing! I am so over winter too. Another snow storm today!

8. snowjewelz

Hi everyone! Hope you are all enjoying your little ones as I am sure they're just so funny and entertaining in this stage! Mine is certainly like a sour patch kid. She is SO sweet and adorable BUT also such a trouble maker. Just this morning, I was doing something for DD1 and she reached up and grabbed DD1's smoothie and spilled it all over the place and then laughed, lol.

I've been having a hard time during meals; she's totally in the throw food, let's touch hair with greasy hands, I must feed myself but I miss my mouth sometimes, stage!

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee