Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

January 2017 moms!

1. snowjewelz

wonderful kiwi / 23653 posts

@IRunForFun: That's awesome! I can't imagine being away for that long, but when you have to go, it does make for a nice break too! And so glad you were able to pump the whole time and she went back to nursing!

I am actually not even sure how I'd wean; I am def stopping pumping after she turns one, but she's such a boob lover that I may just let her nurse to sleep for a while longer...

2. Mrs. Toad

persimmon / 1095 posts

@IRunForFun: Glad your trip went well. Yay on the pumping output and getting back to nursing. I doubt I'd be able to continue pumping this late in the game.

DD also only will stand holding on to something or walk alongside furniture. In fact, she will not walk holding hands. It's like "I can crawl faster."

3. Mrs. Toad

persimmon / 1095 posts

@snowjewelz: I don't really plan on weaning completely, but I am definitely not pumping once she turns one. Besides, I doubt I will get anything anyway. DD loves her solids. I'm not keeping up with daycare now. I just hope my freezer supply lasts.

I'll nurse morning and night, maybe during the day while I'm with her.

4. snowjewelz

@Mrs. Toad: I started supplementing 1 bottle with formula to make my stash last! I'm only pumping 2 bottles a day now.

5. Smurfette

GOLD / wonderful coconut / 33402 posts

I had to take baby to Children's ER Monday night. She woke up at midnight and was coughing so much she was throwing up, all over both of us, multiple times. So they told me to bring her in. I had to call someone to come and stay at the house with my oldest so I didn't have to wake her and bring her with us. They did a chest xray (clear), lungs were good, ears good, so I guess just a bad cough. They ran a test for whopping cough but it takes a couple days, but no one thinks that is it. She was feeling better yesterday after she got some sleep. And did much better last night. DH is out of town with pink eye, so I guess it is good he is out of town for once. Even though I am exhausted.

6. babypugs

persimmon / 1101 posts

@Mrs. Toad: @snowjewelz: I am barely producing at work too and think I'm going to have to supplement. How do you start? Snowjewlz wad the adjustment tough on LO?

@Smurfette: That sounds awful and so scary. I'm glad she's doing better but man, what a tough night. Also your LO's feet are teeny! My DD seems enormous!

7. Mrs. Toad

persimmon / 1095 posts

@Smurfette: That's horrible. I'm glad she's doing much better and glad that you didn't have to take your older to the ER as well. Hope things just continue to get better.

8. Mrs. Toad

persimmon / 1095 posts

@babypugs: Good luck. I just pumped and managed a whole 3 oz. That's only one bottle for tomorrow, though she only gets 6 oz now. DD even decided not to have one of her bottles one day last week. I have no idea how to supplement.

I have some frozen, but I'm starting to go through it. Hopefully between Thanksgiving time off, our vacation in early December, and then Christmas break, I can get to January. At that point, I will probably just move her to whole milk. She'll be 11 months by then. I have no issues nursing her when we are together.

9. snowjewelz

@Smurfette: I’m so sorry! May be the mucus. Both my girls had thrown up coughing with this bout of illness!

@babypugs: both my girls took formula fine and I never mixed or anything! I give that to her the feeding before dinner bc she always drinks the least and wastes my milk!

@Mrs. Toad: I counted and I have 2 weeks worth if I completely stop. But I’ll prob just pump till her bday as long as I make more than a bottle.

10. IRunForFun

pomelo / 5509 posts

@Smurfette: Oh no, I'm so sorry you had to go through that!! I'm glad it checked out to be nothing too serious, though. Hope she's on the mend!!

@babypugs: Oh my gosh my DD's feet are teeny tiny too. She's in a size 1 and up till a month so ago even those were too big!!

Re: weaning discussion I'm not sure what I'll do yet. I have about 100 ozs frozen so I might wean at a year and give her an alternative milk plus a couple ozs of breastmilk in a bottle for a while. I'm pretty over breastfeeding, especially since she's biting really badly lately. I even have a blister on one nipple from it.

11. Smurfette

@IRunForFun: Yeah I bought her some 0-6 to keep at school for when they go outside. I told them NO shoes inside till she is walking better. Anyway, the are so wide on her. I am pretty sure they don't make baby shoes in narrow, but she needs them.

12. babypugs

persimmon / 1101 posts

@Mrs. Toad: Haha, 3 ounces sounds like a dream! Yep, I'm also pumping about 5/6 ounces a day. Usually I pump a few times over the weekend to see me through, but man I really don't think I can cut back on the milk any more than I am. I got the ok from my ped to switch to whole milk after winter break, so if I can make it to Dec. 23 I'm set. Stressful!

@snowjewelz: That's awesome! I need to test it out to see if she'll take it. Fingers crossed!

@IRunForFun: Gah, you and @Smurfette: have some tinyness going on! I agree that no shoes is best, but I'm afraid they are going to accuse me of neglect if I keep sending her shoeless.

13. Smurfette

@babypugs: It is better for their feet, plus she would just take them off and eat them.

14. IRunForFun

pomelo / 5509 posts

@Smurfette: Yep DD is the same. I got her some "crib shoes" in 0 to 6 month and they're sooooo wide they won't stay on her foot. I don't put shoes on her normally, I have one pair of Gap fleece-lined booties in a size 1 I'll put on over her socks when we are in the car or outside. She'll either pull off the booties or the socks but if she's got both on there are better chances her feet will stay somewhat covered.

15. Mrs. Toad

persimmon / 1095 posts

@babypugs: 3 oz is all I got today. DD only gets 6 oz a day. I am not sure I can cut back either.

@IRunForFun: @Smurfette: I only bought shoes because daycare told me to. DD wears them outside because she is standing. She wears socks inside. Her socks are too big, but I got the 12-18 month size. They do stay on though.

16. snowjewelz

Mine has tiny feet too so her big sister's old shoes don't fit! I got her a pair of the Minnetonka moc's from Nordstrom that comes in very small sizes and they've been great! She was always losing socks so I needed something sturdier/warmer too for daycare. Esp since she is almost walking.

17. snowjewelz

I saw on IG that we have a couple of walkers! K can take like 5-8 steps at a time, but she still gets too excited and falls over after 4-5 steps!

18. IRunForFun

pomelo / 5509 posts

@snowjewelz: I saw that too and I'm like DD still doesn't even stand independently very much. She definitely can but she gets too excited and just sits down hard. I have a feeling it'll still be a couple months before she walks. She's doing a bunch of other new stuff though - just in the past week or two she has started clapping, waving, saying "hi", giving kisses, etc. Crazy!!

19. snowjewelz

@IRunForFun: Aren't they so cute!!

20. Smurfette

@IRunForFun: Mine loves to wave bye bye. Sometimes when no one is even leaving. Ha!
    She is starting to walk more and more each day. We had to deal with HFM this past weekend. Woke up Friday with it, never had a fever, so the photographer for family pics is going to have to do a lot of editing. Poor girl has a cold too, so wiping her nose with all the sores was awful.

21. IRunForFun

pomelo / 5509 posts

@snowjewelz: The cutest!!

@Smurfette: DD says hi to everything. Hi to herself in the mirror, hi to the dog, hi to her toys. She doesn't say bye bye yet so when she waves goodbye to DH she still says hi.

Poor DD, hope she feels better now!!

22. snowjewelz

@Smurfette: I feel like I haven' stopped wiping boogers from both of them since the beginning of Nov! Coxsackie is raging here so I am praying, praying praying they are spared! DD1 had it last year and it really was not fun....

23. babypugs

persimmon / 1101 posts

I must have a slacker baby--she is neither walking nor talking! She "talks" all day but I can't quite convince myself that mamamamama is referring to me, ha!

24. snowjewelz

@babypugs: haha here we have "daddy" that refers to both daddy, our dog (penny), and daniel tiger. it's some various of daddy for all 3!

25. Mrs. Toad

persimmon / 1095 posts

@babypugs: You aren't alone. I'm still trying to determine if mamamama is me or not. We are definitely not walking without holding onto something and she rarely stands alone.

26. snowjewelz

I can't believe my baby is gonna be 1 on Wed! So bittersweet!

I actually came on here to say that today is the first day of work that I didn't bring the pump. Woohoo! I got really sick last week and barely pumped/nursed and so that kind of jump started weaning. I still have a ton of milk in the freezer, and she is still nursing morning/night, so I'll see how long this goes on for. I even ordered breast milk jewelry since we're probably 2 & done...

I just wanted to share b/c I never dreamed of even bf-ing till 1 (I dried up by by 9 mo with DD1), so this is a really big deal to me!!

27. IRunForFun

pomelo / 5509 posts

@snowjewelz: OMG can't believe how fast a year flew by!! And CONGRATS on making it this far EBF, that's so great!!! Sorry to hear you were really sick, though.

28. snowjewelz

Happy New Year mamas!! I keep forgetting this is a Jan group since mine came early haha. So happy almost birthday to all the babies! I am excited but also sad that they're leaving babyhood behind. It's been so hard watching her b/c if I don't watch her every move, all she wants to do is walk to the kitchen, open cabinets and get into the dog's water bowl. Or she will walk to the stairs and climb up in like 10 seconds! But I am so looking forward to her being fully 100% walking without assistance! It's been a little hard for her to walk outdoors since she's so bundled up.

29. IRunForFun

pomelo / 5509 posts

@snowjewelz: Happy new year! Can't believe your little one is 1 already!! Sounds like she's really on the go!

DD doesn't turn 1 till the 19th. She's really not very interested in standing and walking on her own. She can stand, but she only does it for a second or two and then realizes she's let go and plops down. She will walk behind her push toy or holding our fingers but only for a few steps. She's also having a bit of a solids regression - getting really picky and refusing a lot of foods she previously liked. Frustrating!

Other than that she's a pretty happy, easy going baby. Finally off her reflux meds!

30. snowjewelz

@IRunForFun: I feel like they suddenly change overnight! One day they're not walking and the next day they're running, haha!

31. IRunForFun

pomelo / 5509 posts

@snowjewelz: Ha, I feel like that's how it'll happen! She has been pulling up since like 6.5 months so I was totally convinced she'd walk pretty early, but she's like, no thanks crawling is faster! It's almost like she totally could walk but is choosing not to.

32. Smurfette

I can't believe my baby is 1! She had a horrible nap day yesterday so when we put her back in the high chair after giving her birthday presents (anywhere chair, books, and new shoes), she flipped out. No interest in it at all. For a gluten and dairy free cupcake, it wasn't bad. Big sister and I made a cake last night and are going to frost it tonight for her cake smash photo shoot tomorrow morning. Hopefully it will go better. Her party is next weekend.

We go to the pedi next week and I am going to talk to the doctor about allergy testing. So we know if it an allergy or still an intolerance. I want to drop this expensive formula though! We are giving almond milk mixed with formula to help her transition. The pedi suggested almond milk to me, but it isn't near as fatty as cows milk and I know they need the fat so much for their brain development.

33. IRunForFun

pomelo / 5509 posts

@Smurfette: Have you considered other alternative milks? I feel like people recommend hemp milk a lot but I'm not sure what the nutrition info for it is like. I've been thinking about this too for DD. Also Ripple milk, which is the pea protein based drink, but I tried it and I thought it tasted awful. I might see what DD thinks...

34. Smurfette

@IRunForFun: I am going to ask the pedi next week. I can't send almond milk to school, so I have to come up with something.....She is so tiny, she really needs the fat!

35. IRunForFun

pomelo / 5509 posts

@Smurfette: I just did a quick Google search out of curiosity and read that hemp milk does have a higher fat content than other milk alternatives and that if you get some fortified with calcium and Vit D it's a pretty good substitute. Not as much protein as milk, though, but hardly any milk alternatives have that.

36. babypugs

persimmon / 1101 posts

@Smurfette: Aw, happy birthday to your sweetie! Hope the ped can offer some good solutions.

37. Smurfette

Baby is 5% for height and 6% for weight. Little peanut! Poor girl has a cold, double ear infection, got three shots, blood drawn from an IV for allergy testing, teething, and then school called and she was throwing a fit and hit her face on the table and busted her lip.

Her party is this weekend. I have so much to do still. I really need to make a list...

38. snowjewelz

@IRunForFun: Aw, I was interested in trying Ripple milk too!

@Smurfette: Aww, poor girl! K had an ear infection and chest cold that needed a nebulizer too. And then her older sister got a fever, and now they gave me all the germs!

39. Smurfette

@IRunForFun: Forgot to add we went with hemp milk. Right now we are doing some formula and milk. She really wants it in a bottle though. So day care was going to try it in a sippy cup today for me.

We just dropped it cold turkey with my oldest, so this is new for me.

40. babypugs

persimmon / 1101 posts

@Smurfette: Bless her heart, poor thing! Have fun at the party. We're throwing ours waayyy late. I need to learn how to get it together better after the holidays. There's always next year...

@snowjewelz: Oh man. Rough. I think older sis may have the flu. Fingers crossed we don't all share it...

What are y'all doing for first birthday gifts? I have no ideas whatsoever this close after Christmas!

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee