Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

January 2017 moms!

1. Smurfette

GOLD / wonderful coconut / 33402 posts

@snowjewelz: so that would put her between 8-9 lbs at birth? Or bigger? cause don't they gain an oz a day now?

2. Smurfette

bumping cause of the ghost page.

3. snowjewelz

wonderful kiwi / 23653 posts

@Smurfette: I don't know! I mean, they always said DD1 was gonna be like 7lbs+ but she came out 6 lbs 4 oz... But I think internally I already feel guilty that I haven't been managing GD as well this time around, plus I do not want a big baby either, so unless ultrasound or something else shows that she's really not that big, I might just get induced before the year ends....

4. Smurfette

@snowjewelz: Well my friend was induced with her 1st cause they thought her baby was going to be over 9lbs and she was 7lbs. So they are wrong all the time. Hope so for you!

5. snowjewelz

@Smurfette: I know! But better safe than sorry right?!
    I mean, I'm not opposed.. I just wasn't ready for a Dec 2016 baby haha. Then we'd have DD1 who is 12/4, Christmas, then DD2 then New Years

6. Smurfette

@snowjewelz: I think all of us due the beginning of Jan have a chance with a Dec/New Year baby!

7. snowjewelz

@Smurfette: For suuuure! It'll be crazy if I have a 12/30 baby! Which is seeming more and more likely. Well, in that case I pay a year less in daycare for DD2 if her school year is 2016 instead of 2017...? Haha.

We were also joking around that we'll get her tax benefit that way. But no help to our insurance deductible for 2017!

8. Smurfette

@snowjewelz: It won't matter for us. You have to be 5 by Sept 1st here to start kindergarten.

If we have her and are out of the hospital by 12/31 it would save us thousands since we have met the deductible for the year. But I still would rather her come in January!

9. snowjewelz

@Smurfette: Yeah for us they actually don't cut off! But of course I'll have to see how both of them are developmentally. Supposedly they say girls usually do fine...

10. IRunForFun

pomelo / 5509 posts

@snowjewelz: That would mean a baby soon! What are the basing the size on? Was it a scan or based on your belly?

11. snowjewelz

@IRunForFun: Both... They've been been estimating she's already over 6 lbs. BUT they def were too high for DD1, so who knows...

12. littlecasita1122

persimmon / 1026 posts

@IRunForFun: I'm hanging in there! I have another ultrasound on Monday. We talked about 12/26 as a possible induction date if the MFM doctors don't decide to induce before then. Still doesn't feel real!

13. IRunForFun

pomelo / 5509 posts

@littlecasita1122: Hope your ultrasound goes/went well today!!

How was everyone's weekend? We got the dresser/changing table and crib set up in the nursery finally. The room is still a mess but at least we have that done. We also set up the pack n play with bassinet in our room.

I had a midwife appt today and all was good. She felt around and said baby's head was really down low and not much chance of moving now, so that's a relief. We did an informal hospital tour afterward and pre-registered. My goal in the next couple days is to get the car seat bases installed. 6 weeks to go!

How are those further along doing?

14. snowjewelz

@littlecasita1122: Ah! Day after Christmas!

@IRunForFun: We had been so busy finishing DD1's big girl room that I totally neglected the nursery. It's crazy how much I don't care the 2nd time around hahaha. Not that I don't care; but I know DD2 has what she needs so I'm not being OCD like I was the first time around!

This is my to-do list -
    1. Waiting for my friend to give back all newborn clothes to stock the dresser.. She is an angel, she already washed and folded them all for me!
    2. Seeing my SIL this weekend and will take her bassinet. I also got a by your side sleeper pod thing for co-sleeping anyway. Also waiting for my friend to give back most baby gear
    3. Sanitize nipple shields/pump stuff/some bottles
    4. Still have no pack my hospital bag, I did take out all my nursing gear from deep inside my closet haha
    5. Need to switch DD's carseat from middle to either side and then install the baby carseat

Now that I might be induced on the 29th, I'm like

15. Smurfette

@littlecasita1122: Oh wow! Two weeks and you will have your babies.
    @IRunForFun: Sounds like a productive weekend!
    @snowjewelz: Plenty of time to get it all done. Is your DD sleeping in her room now? Or are you still co-sleeping?

We had a good weekend. Luckily I felt good on Sat, besides the reflux. I feel ready for the baby except we still need to get the car seat from our neighbors. But DH will go get it Sat if they don't bring it over this week like they said they would. The only thing we need to do it set up the pack n play in our room, but really we can do that when we get home with the baby. It is all washed so I don't feel any hurry.

Yesterday I was exhausted, took two naps, the reflux was awful. I felt like I had throw up in my throat all afternoon. But 4 weeks max, I can do it. As long as I am dilated at 38 weeks, we are going to schedule the induction between 39-40 weeks.

Some friends are coming over tonight to throw me and another friend (due in Dec) a little sprinkle. Having it at the house since DH is gone and I had no sitter. So that will be fun!

16. Smurfette

What is everyone doing for a coming home outfit? I got this outfit for her. I got some Zutano booties, they are a brighter pink but oh well, she will be kept warm. Then I got a personalized hat from etsy
    http://www.target.com/p/baby-girls-pink-heart-sweater-coverall-cat-jack/-/A-50910856
    https://www.etsy.com/listing/267726574/exclusive-newborn-hospital-hat?ref=shop_home_feat_1

17. snowjewelz

@Smurfette: Have fun! And so sorry about the reflux I am totally just hanging my a thread knowing it's just I have less than a month! Yes.. we are still co-sleeping lol. No energy to deal with potential wake-ups at night... We'll cross that bridge at some point, hahaha.

18. Chillybear

pomegranate / 3032 posts

@Smurfette: we used this sleeper to announce on FB... it's fleece so it will be warm worst case it's huge bc it's 3m not newborn size

19. Smurfette

@Chillybear: So cute! I packed the baby's bag this weekend and packed a little sister fleece sleeper for her to wear when LO comes to meet her. I am going to have my sister dress her in her Big Sis shirt.

20. IRunForFun

pomelo / 5509 posts

@Smurfette: I have no idea on what we are going to do for baby's coming home outfit yet. Probably just a cute fleece sleeper with feet; I can't think of anything special that I really want to get. I want to get a pair of Zutano booties for general use though!! I have been hoping there'd be a sale on them somewhere at some point but I may just have to pull the trigger. A local baby store is having a sale on the Zutano fleece cuff leggings this week for 40% off but not the booties. Bummer!

21. IRunForFun

pomelo / 5509 posts

@Smurfette: Oh and sorry you felt so crappy yesterday. I was similar. I think I overdid it Saturday and yesterday was so exhausted and just felt icky. I laid in bed and napped and read most of the day.

22. Smurfette

@IRunForFun: Yeah I haven't seen them on sale. I bought them on amazon. I wanted to get the ivory pair as well but they are sold out.

23. IRunForFun

pomelo / 5509 posts

@snowjewelz: I still have so much on my to-do list that I don't even want to actually write it down because I'll get overwhelmed and freak out hahaha.

24. Chillybear

pomegranate / 3032 posts

the big things left on my to do list: Finish wrapping gifts, both cars need oil changes, i need to clean my car and install the baby's seat, pack the hospital bags, clean my bathrooms, sanitize new pump's parts and I have a few sewing projects for nursery that should be easy to get through I just my dining room table cleared of wrapping supplies.

25. snowjewelz

With DD1 I just packed whatever fleece one piece...

This time it's more important that DD1 will be wearing her big sis sweater whether she comes to the hospital or when we come home. DD2 again will probably just be in any fleece sleeper (maybe I'll bring the exact one DD1 wore!)

26. snowjewelz

@Chillybear: Oh yeah, I need an oil change! Then again, I won't be driving my car for a while. But maybe all the more reason to get it changed now instead to find it dead haha!!

@IRunForFun: Hehe I'm a list person... It calms me to know what I need to do instead of things swirling in my head! But honestly, as long as you can get to the hospital, everything else will be fine!

27. Smurfette

@Chillybear: I am in NO hurry to clean pump or bottle parts. I don't want to think about pumping really. But I guess I should do that.....

28. snowjewelz

@Smurfette: I know how you feel! I'd use the hospital pump but their standard flanges are usually too big... Maybe I'll just pack my own, plus nipple shields...

29. Chillybear

pomegranate / 3032 posts

@Smurfette: I just figure i should take the hour or so and boil a big pot of water and get every thing cleaned and set up, just in case i need to pump earlier than expected.

30. Smurfette

@Chillybear: oh yeah it isn't the time at all. I just HATED pumping. And the thought of packing up bottles every night for day care the next day, washing pumping parts, etc is exhausting.

31. IRunForFun

pomelo / 5509 posts

@Smurfette: @snowjewelz: @Chillybear: Clueless first time mom here, which parts of my pump do I need to sterilize? And do I just throw those parts in a pot of boiling water? I wasn't planning on bringing my pump or needing to pump in the hospital...should I bring it just in case?

32. Smurfette

@IRunForFun: I will do everything that comes with the pump, except the pump itself. And yeah I just threw in boiling water. I can't remember how long. I am not bringing mine to the hospital.
    The biggest pain will be taking off the water proof labels on the bottles with LO's name since I will have to get new labels.

33. Chillybear

pomegranate / 3032 posts

@IRunForFun: i have the medela and the instructions inside tell you what and how to sterilize - bottles, lids, flanges, pretty much everything but the tubes, membranes and motor. Boil water and submerge for 10 min. With my first I visited a lactation consultant when she was about 5 weeks old. She showed me how to use the pump, we did a weighted feed and gave me a schedule to start building a stash and getting her used to a bottle. Once I went back to work i had a lot of issues with low supply and pumping vs feeding on demand. I feel like there were a couple things i could have done differently to prevent that. 1 - wish i has started pumping sooner to build my stash, 2 - she was always satisfied with one sided feeds so my supply got used to being emptied every 4 hours and not at the same time. I wish i had pumped off the side she didnt take to keep my supply up and on schedule.

34. snowjewelz

@IRunForFun: I used the hospital's last time. It's just now I "know" my boobs and the standard flanges are kinda big so I might just bring my own flange (the cone thing that goes on your boobs). Yeah just throw everything that can come off the machine into boiling water or sterilizer if you have one.

35. snowjewelz

@Chillybear: I was sooo afraid of the pump last time, on top of all the new bf pains! I wish I started pumping sooner too. I had to start supplementing at 6 mo and we fully weaned by 9 I'm hoping with all my experience, I can make it to a year this time!

36. Chillybear

pomegranate / 3032 posts

@IRunForFun: i also know a few women that started pumping pretty much as soon as their milk came in. They had some trouble with breast feeding in the early days and it helped to relieve engorgement. I just kinda suffered through because I had no idea what to do with the pump.

37. Chillybear

pomegranate / 3032 posts

@snowjewelz: A lot of my friends that had BF/supply issues with their first had a much more successful experience with their 2nd. mainly because they had more experience and knew what to look out for the 2nd time around. I'm hoping thats the case for myself as well.

38. IRunForFun

pomelo / 5509 posts

@Smurfette: @Chillybear: @snowjewelz: Thanks! LOL guess I should go ahead and read the instructions that came with the pump. I've just stuck it in a closet at the moment. I'm not going back to a traditional 9-5 job so my situation will be a bit different; I'm a doula so work on-call and looks like my first birth back will be in May. I'm sure I'll want to have a small stash for when I go to births since I never know how long I'll be gone. And I'll need to take pump breaks during longer births. I'm also not opposed to pumping to relieve engorgement in the early days but I assumed my milk wouldn't come in till after I leave the hospital!

39. Chillybear

pomegranate / 3032 posts

Not to side track the current conversation but who are you planning on having in the delivery room with you?

My hospital allows up to 3 people (non interchangeable) in the room - my husband, my mother and i'm considering asking my brother's fiance if she wants to attend. She's in school for nursing and just landed her dream internship at a local hospital (not where i'm delivering) on the labor/delivery/postpartum floor. She's been there a few weeks of the 12 week program and they've had her only on the postpartum floor and she hasnt yet attended a birth. Would this be weird? I like her and she's been with my younger brother for 4+ years. We're friendly but not super close as in doing thing socially without my family/brother.

I would think this would be more of a observation/learning experience for her and less of supporting me. My husband is kinda of squeamish but I would have no issue say if she wanted to cut the cord because I know he won't do it.

40. snowjewelz

@IRunForFun: My milk came in when I came home! But I was too afraid of the pump to use it last time.. Don't ask.. lol

@Chillybear: As long as you're okay with it! My whole family was there last time; mom, dad, sister, DH. Dad stepped out when it was time to push. My sister really wanted to witness the whole thing. My mom thought she didn't want to, but ended up staying. I'm fine with all of them being there again if they want to! I seriously did not care about anything when I was giving birth haha!

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee