Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

January 2017 moms!

1. IRunForFun

pomelo / 5509 posts

@Smurfette: Nope! She said she put her down drowsy and and patted her back till she fell asleep. But she tried again later this afternoon 3x with no success. I put her down in there 20 mins ago though and have had to go in and pat her back to sleep once, but she is sleeping now. We will see how long it lasts! I keep hoping the more she sleeps in there and gets used to it the easier it'll get!

2. IRunForFun

pomelo / 5509 posts

Bump

3. IRunForFun

pomelo / 5509 posts

Jinxed myself because she just woke up!

4. snowjewelz

wonderful kiwi / 23653 posts

@IRunForFun: I do think if you just stick with it, they will get more comfortable in that space and know that's where you go to sleep. Based on what I know mine still can't really connect sleep cycles so the longest she'll sleep after being put down asleep is 30-45 min.

5. sunnyday

kiwi / 573 posts

I can't even comprehend "drowsy but awake" to put B down. We rock and rock and rock to sleep or nurse (if I'm lazy!) I try every so often, no success yet. Oh well!

Got pics back already, just 3 edited! They're cute! She's such a smiley baby, so easily to anyone, so a wee tad bummed there's none of her gummy smile!

Pp hair loss has officially arrived for me

6. IRunForFun

pomelo / 5509 posts

@sunnyday: If I didn't know PP hair loss was a thing I would be seriously disturbed by what I've seen in my shower drain and my brush the past week or two.

7. Smurfette

GOLD / wonderful coconut / 33402 posts

@sunnyday: I actually want some hair loss. Mine is so thick right now and takes forever to blow dry.

Baby girl is SO tired when I pick her up. Like 1.5hrs of naps all day. Last one at 2:40 and I picked her up at 5, nursed, and finally got her asleep in the carrier. Sleep an hour, woke her up, stories with big sis, bath, nursed her and she was back out at 8:15/8:30. She slept till 6:15. First time STTN! I couldn't believe it. She woke up so happy and not crying. She nursed and then spit up so much.

8. sunnyday

kiwi / 573 posts

@Smurfette: on so tired at pickup, but wow on sttn! And just good she is getting caught up!!!

I just hate that there's now hair evvvvverywhere. Never mind the shower, it's all over the house, bleh! I think this is about when I hacked it off previously! I could donate it now, but I don't want to, lol.

My Mom took DS today, and took DD1 to school this am so I have barely moved, its glorious. Hot tea!! B is napping in the swing.

We got the pro pics! I can't remember who isn't in the fb group, but i may post them in there!!

9. Smurfette

@sunnyday: I remember with my first thinking, I could knit a sweater. There was so much hair. I am not in the FB group. But post them on IG!

10. sunnyday

kiwi / 573 posts

@Smurfette: LOL on knit a sweater, yes.

I'm going to double check I can post them on social media!! I think I can!

11. IRunForFun

pomelo / 5509 posts

@Smurfette: Awww poor tired baby. But awesome for you on STTN!!!

@sunnyday: Just saw the pics in the FB group!! Sooo cute!!

So DD slept a 5 hour stretch in her crib to start the night!!!! She fell asleep in my arms just before 7 and we were about to eat so DH stuck her in the crib. She fussed a bit around 7:30 but we left her as long as she wasn't crying and she fell asleep again 10 mins later. Slept till just after midnight!

12. Smurfette

@IRunForFun: Woot!! How did the rest of the night go?

13. IRunForFun

pomelo / 5509 posts

@Smurfette: Not that bad actually!! I brought her into bed with me and she nursed and settled in about 20 mins, slept 3 hours, woke up and nursed and right back to sleep, slept 2.5 hours, nursed and right back to sleep, slept 2 hours. I didn't attempt putting her back in the crib because I didn't actually sleep much those first 5 hours because I was paranoid and kept watching the monitor.

14. snowjewelz

@sunnyday: I never did drowsy but awake for DD1 haha, haven't really done that for this baby either; maybe only be accident b/c I'm pre-occupied with DD1?

And yesssss with the pp hair loss. It was SO bad last time. After I was done nursing I started taking biotin and using biotin/keratin hair stuff. It just started this past week for me too....

@Smurfette: That's amazing! I guess daycare is good for her!

Things have been "good" lately *knock on wood*. Baby isn't in a leap so it takes like half an hour to nurse to sleep and both girls are down around 8:30 so it gives me a lot more time to clean up, prep for tomorrow and then relax! Not quite looking forward to leap 4 (it's a long one) plus sleep regression...

15. Smurfette

@IRunForFun: that's great!! Hopefully she does it tonight and you sleep! Also have you tried the Merlin suit? Maybe that would help her to sleep more and longer in the crib.
    @snowjewelz: we have a leap starting tomorrow

16. IRunForFun

pomelo / 5509 posts

@snowjewelz: Yay for things being good! I hope it continues! Just the other day I was thinking to myself, man, will DD go through the 4 month sleep regression, because I can't imagine her sleep could be worse!

@Smurfette: No, haven't tried it, because *shhh* I put her down on her belly. Don't tell the sleep police. But with the super firm mattress and really tight sheet, plus her good head control, I'm not *too* worried and it's the only way she'll sleep.

17. Smurfette

@IRunForFun: oh that's right. I just have them on my mind cause a friend gave me two. but they said 12lbs so she isn't big enough yet. But I am wondering if we will even use them cause if she starts rolling soon.
    @snowjewelz: I am dreading 4 months. It was awful for my first. She was waking every 30-90 mins till we finally did CIO. She had been STTN.

18. snowjewelz

@IRunForFun: With DD1 I didn't notice it was that much worse b/c she was not a good sleeper anyway!

@Smurfette: I'm not sure if we'll use the merlin suit with this one. DD1 used it for almost 4 months. This baby is happy with the arms up love to dream swaddle; if/when she rolls I'll prob switch her to the zipadeezip that DD1 never used!

19. babypugs

persimmon / 1101 posts

@sunnyday: @IRunForFun: I want in on the fb group! How do I get there?

@sunnyday: I started taking Biotin... Maybe it's helping a little with the hair loss??

Sounds like things are coming together with sleep for a lot of us. Yay!!

20. Peasinapod

clementine / 770 posts

@snowjewelz: did you try the arms up swaddle with your first? I'm using it with S and it's amazing for her, dd1 slept sooo badly in wondering if it would have helped with her, and if I should be recommending this swaddle to all my pregnant friends, or if S is just a better sleeper ....

21. Pumuckl

pomegranate / 3601 posts

@babypugs: this is what I was thinking: sleep seems to be better or at least predictable for all now.
    @sunnyday: yay for pictures!

We had our first round of shots today. Also learnt that they'll have to have an additional dose of the 6 combo vaccine because they are considered as preemies. Fun...

22. snowjewelz

@Peasinapod: No I did not... I just had a zipadee zip... I think the merlin was needed for my first. She needed to be restrained but not swaddled... I think the arms up might have been too much freedom for her still. But who knows?!

23. sunnyday

kiwi / 573 posts

@babypugs: check your wall

Interesting on biotin!!

I did a "drowsy but awake" down in crib attempt. But still with shhhshing and bum pats (what we do while rocking/walking). She went down! Just for 40mins, then slept another hour in my arms, haha. I should have napped, but oh well.

I just attempted my own pics with B for some smiles, took a few tips from watching yesterday. Went great, super cute!

24. Smurfette

@Peasinapod: we used that one at first too. But we realized that she was waking up with the startle reflex cause her arms weren't down. She sleeps much better with the arms down swaddle. I still don't get how it is comfy.

25. IRunForFun

pomelo / 5509 posts

DD hasn't napped well again today. Anyone else just have a cat napper? She did a 35 min crib nap, 40 mins in my arms, and 30 mins in my moms arms. Silly baby, she needs more sleep!

26. snowjewelz

@sunnyday: saw the pics, so cute! I have no idea if biotin worked or not, b/c eventually I got pregnant so my hair was great again.

@Smurfette: they're all kinds of scrunched up in the womb so they prob find the weirdest positions comfy! I still don't see how sticking your butt up in the air is comfy; but my 2 yr old still does it from time to time!

@IRunForFun: it's pretty normal at this point... the champion nappers are able to connect sleep cycles but most cannot, or cannot consistently. i remember some say to go in and sooth them just before the 40 min mark to help them connect the sleep cycle.

27. Smurfette

@IRunForFun: mine! Unless we hold her and pat, shush her back to sleep, 20-40 mins. She can sleep in the swing, I pick her up and she will fall asleep if try. Frustrating!

28. Mrs. Toad

persimmon / 1095 posts

I have been reading, but it has been hard keeping up for the past few days.

E had her 2 month appointment on Monday. She is 12lbs, 7ozs, and 25 inches. She also had her shots. She is doing well. Her sleep that night was horrible. It took until 11:30 to get her down and when she woke at 2, neither of us could get her back down to sleep. She ended up in our bed at 3:30 for the rest of the night.

On Tuesday, we packed for a trip to both grandparent's houses. We drove for two days and are at my parents. We will then travel to my ILs (5 hour drive) and then back home (another 2 day drive). Drive was actually pretty good considering 2.5 DS and 2 month DD. We will return just in time for me to go back to work. I am looking forward to having a couple of dates while here.

DD is starting to sleep through the night. She has been sleeping from 9 or 10 to 6 or 7. Hope some of the rest of the babies start doing the same. Naps on the other hand are difficult and she will not sleep unless on someone.

29. sunnyday

kiwi / 573 posts

She hasn't left my boob since 4:16. Human pacifier for sure. In our comfy chair, but oh man I want my bed desperately. We've had a total dive in sleep habits, I'm tiiiired.

30. sunnyday

kiwi / 573 posts

@Mrs. Toad: omg on the driving, that is amazing! Hope the drive back goes okay too!!

31. Pumuckl

pomegranate / 3601 posts

@Mrs. Toad: wow what a drive! Glad it all worked out. We'll drive for 4h in 1.5 weeks and it'll for sure be interesting with a newly 4 year old, 2 year old and 2.5 month old twins.

@sunnyday: can't you take her to bed? Maybe she just needs you close and is then fine without nursing?

@Smurfette: how did the night go, did she sleep alright again?

32. sunnyday

kiwi / 573 posts

@Pumuckl: I usually bring her in bed, I just stayed in chair as I was hopeful it would be a short stint, lol.

We have a 20 hour drive this summer and my Mom will be flying to meet us, I'm secretly hopeful she will offer to keep B, and fly with her, lol. Big kids are easy.....iPads and all set, but doing the drive with her (I have car seat hating babies, too!!) scares me! We will be away three weeks or so before doing it all over again to come home.

33. Smurfette

@Mrs. Toad: woot! That is a drive. I'm impressed. I am using two kids and a 5 hr drive as an excuse to not go visit DHs family. She does ok in the car seat but not great.
    @sunnyday: oh that is rough. Hope she gives you a break soon.
    @Pumuckl: she did awesome. I was leaning over talking to LO1, while I was getting dressed. She says Mommy your boobie is leaking. Sure enough milk drops all over the closet floor. So we woke her up a little less then 11 hours. Woot!! Then she ate, snuggled with DH for a little and fell back asleep.

I think I am going to try and get her to nurse at 7, asleep by 730. So then she gets at least 11 hours, when I need to wake her by 630 during the week.

34. Pumuckl

pomegranate / 3601 posts

@Smurfette: wow, that's an amazing stretch! So glad she finally lets you sleep. B and big J are also always really curious when it comes to milk 😜

@sunnyday: haha, yeah how come they never do what you expect them to do?

35. IRunForFun

pomelo / 5509 posts

@Mrs. Toad: You're brave, doing that drive!!

@sunnyday: Oh man, I hate the human pacifier routine. Did you ever go back to sleep?

@Smurfette: 11 hours?? That is AMAZING!

We put DD back in the crib after every wake up last night but she didn't do any nice long stretches. First was from 7 to 11:45 and after that no stretches longer than 2 hours. At 5 I had DH go and resettle her and he took over from there. Gave her a bottle at 7 and I slept till 9. I want her to really stretch that first chunk! 6 hours would be nice

36. sunnyday

kiwi / 573 posts

@IRunForFun: no she's sleeping on me now and DH and I just had a great talk (big kids gone making Easter eggs w/ Grandma). Maybe a nap this aft.

37. Smurfette

She is so sleepy today. And has spit up all over me a couple times. We went to the zoo this morning, she was barely awake. No one could see her cute flamingo onesie!

38. IRunForFun

pomelo / 5509 posts

@sunnyday: Glad you and DH had a good talk!!

@Smurfette: Awwww poor baby!! It must be warm where you are? We had more snow and freezing rain today.

DD did her first bottle refusal today. I had a meeting with a doula client and then went to Target. Was gone 3 hours 15 mins and DH tried giving a bottle about 2 hours 45 mins in and she spit it out, gagged, refused and then screamed till I got home. She nursed immediately and longer than usual. Weird because she took a bottle fine this morning! Will have to try to give her at least 1 a day so she remains used to it because when I'm at a birth she really needs to take them!

In other news tried on clothes at Target, ugh. Pants look ridiculous with my loose skin/pooch but no butt - I lost my butt! Shirts either way too tight on my huge boobs or hang like a tent everywhere else. Not impressed.

39. babypugs

persimmon / 1101 posts

@Mrs. Toad: Wow, I'm impressed you made the drive!

@sunnyday: I'm glad you two had a good talk. Good talks can hold you over a while! I feel like I have nothing to talk about these days but babies, I need to up my game!

@Smurfette: We went to the zoo today too; the weather is AMAZING! Were you inconvenienced at all by the bridge?

@IRunForFun: My LO took a bottle that one time and hasn't since. I've tried literally every day. Not good since I go back to work Friday.

40. Pumuckl

pomegranate / 3601 posts

@babypugs: does LO take a bottle from someone but you? I hope it'll work once you're back to work.

@IRunForFun: babies are just weird. Hope she'll be back to the bottle soon.

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee