Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

July 2014 Mamas!

1. coopsmama

cantaloupe / 6059 posts

@runnerd: right...no more home births for me! I think they can be a wonderful thing and have friends that love it but I am more of an in hospital birth girl now!

Do you have any prep left to do over the weekend before F's arrival?!

2. mlm2934

grapefruit / 4311 posts

@coopsmama: oh lady, cue freak out last night as i ran through the list of to do's and things that need to be cleaned. And today is my last day working (granted I work at home), so really it's all got to be done tomorrow. F's things are all ready to go - nursery ready, NB clothes washed, bottles prepped, etc. It's the rest of the house I'm freakin about. We have two little black dogs, so all I see everywhere I look is dog hair and I feel like I need to be on my hands and knees scrubbing the baseboards lol

how are you doing today? feeling anything different?

3. coopsmama

cantaloupe / 6059 posts

@runnerd: Oh well as long as his stuff and area is clean and ready to go -- as far as I'm concerned you're ready to go!! Don't come look at my baseboards, please. Dog hair WOULD drive me crazy though -- we don't currently have pets at our house, but I grew up with dogs and man, they leave hair everywhere! It's a constant battle. Make sure you and DH do something relaxing together tomorrow, too, if possible! Enjoy your last moments as just a two-some.

I'm doing good! I feel like my belly is in a constant Braxton Hicks for the last day (24 hours) or so which is getting annoying. I would think I could probably get labor going with a long walk or something but haven't done anything...at this point it would be nice to have her late tonight or tomorrow when DH is off work. I have wedding dress shopping for my sister today so that should be fun.

4. mlm2934

grapefruit / 4311 posts

@coopsmama: oh yea! Forgot we are trying to hold out for DH to be able to be off - really hope that works out!

5. Mrs. Cookie

blogger / persimmon / 1225 posts

@coopsmama: Wow girl, that is intense! Being in a car during transition!! Yikes. Yes, watching that video must have hit home, hoping you get to the hospital in PLENTY of time.
    Enjoy wedding dress shopping! Hoping you have baby tonight or tomorrow!

@runnerd: Our dog sheds like crazy too but that's just going to have to be reality for our kiddo like yours! I feel like there is always something left to do before baby arrives, but it sounds like you are really prepared and ready! I'm making DH take me out to a nice dinner tomorrow, you guys should too!

6. HLK208

pineapple / 12234 posts

@coopsmama: yes! DH is off for 4 days starting tomorrow and then goes back to work Wednesday, but works in another department that day and he absolutely can't leave unless someone gets called it to relieve him (most reliefs are on vacation). He'll be working in that department for 4 days. Stressful!!!

I'm going to go for a long walk tomorrow, eat more jalapeƱos, try DTD...hopefully that along with the supermoon will get things going!!

7. mellybelly

grape / 76 posts

We have a baby boy! Ellis Charles- born on 7/7 at 5:54 PM via c-section. 7 lb 11 oz, 21 inches long. Just got home from the hospital yesterday and we are settling in nicely.

Labor did not go well. My blood pressure was super high and they were concerned about seizing. So they put me on Magnesium. Turned out baby did not respond well and his heart rate was dropping with each contraction, so the doctor decided to do a c-section.

We are overwhelmed with love for our little man and just glad he is safe and healthy!

8. HLK208

pineapple / 12234 posts

@mellybelly: beautiful!!! Congratulations!!!

9. Mrs. Cookie

@mellybelly: Sorry about the stressful labor! You have such a cute little boy though! Major congrats!!

10. kml636

pomegranate / 3225 posts

@mellybelly: Congrats! So beautiful!

11. mlm2934

grapefruit / 4311 posts

@mellybelly: look at that hair, he's adorable! Congrats!!! And love the first name since it's our LO's middle name

12. mlm2934

grapefruit / 4311 posts

Our Arrivals!
    5/14 - littleredhairedgirl - Ava (ODD 7/17)
    6/16 - afpfgirl
    6/16 - justdarling - Olivia (ODD 7/1)
    6/30 - thismustbetheplace - Brandon (ODD 7/16)
    6/30 - keiki_mama - B (ODD 7/5)
    7/2 - BlueberryPie - Luca (ODD 7/18)
    7/4 - MK0180 - William (ODD 7/9)
    7/7 - mellybelly - Ellis (ODD 7/6)
    7/10 - lauraeabel - Eliza (ODD 7/18)

Due Dates
    7/6 - coopsmama (#2)
    7/9 - NorCalWayfarer (#1)
    7/14 - Littlebear (#2)
    7/17 - squeaks (#1)
    7/19 - runnerd (#1) (induction sched 7/13)
    7/19 - Mrs. Amethyst (#2)
    7/22 - HLK208 (#3)
    7/22 - Mrsjansson (#2)
    7/26 - princessandthebee (#1)
    7/28 - tigger223 (#1)
    7/28 - night cheese (#1) (c-section sched 7/22)
    7/29 - kml636 (#2)
    7/30 - Lemonlong (#2) (induction sched 7/14)
    ---
    7/2 - irishmama (#1)
    7/6 - MrsSpottts (#4)
    7/6 - Rainbow Buttercup (#2)
    7/19 - tejbee (#1)
    7/26 - MrsCDH (#1)
    7/27 - Michmarm (#1)
    7/28 - MrsEmm (#1)

13. mlm2934

grapefruit / 4311 posts

@Littlebear: hi lady - due date fast approaching, any updates??

14. coopsmama

cantaloupe / 6059 posts

@HLK208: So basically we both need to have a baby this weekend! Come on super moon -- don't let us down! Also, I totally forgot to pick up some jalapeƱos! I should give that a try tomorrow.

@mellybelly: He is too cute! Congratulations!

I was having some contractions earlier tonight but I laid down and then fizzled out. I'm pretty tired after dress shopping today -- which was incredibly fun, btw -- so I'm okay with that. I would like to get some good sleep tonight.

15. HLK208

pineapple / 12234 posts

@coopsmama: I'm so glad you had fun today!! Hoping the contractions keep on coming (after a good night sleep)!

16. cookiemomster

kiwi / 714 posts

So LO is cluster feeding since 4pm, which means I'm running off of maybe three hours of sleep since labor started yesterday. Finally caught up on here though now that we've figured out what holds work for us breastfeeding wise. She's been a total rockstar at latching, so that's a huge relief, and makes the exhaustion worth it.

@runnerd and @lemonlong almost baby time!! Really hoping both inductions go smoothly and the babies get here safely.
    @runnerd I totally feel you on the dog hair situation. I love love my fur babies, but man it is hard keeping up with just how much they shed- especially in summer, at the tail end of being pregnant. Sounds like you have the important stuff dealt with and you and your husband should just enjoy tomorrow before all the chaos sets in !

@coopsmama your positivity continues to amaze me, but it sounds like you are super close! Glad dress shopping was fun,loved the ig picture of your son.

@hlk208 hopefully baby cooperates abd comes this weekend!

@mellybelly congratulations!!!! He is so so cute!

17. coopsmama

cantaloupe / 6059 posts

@lauraeabel: Ohhhh the newborn cluster feeds! They make for long days! So glad BF'ing is going well so far - that is wonderful news! I saw your husband's take on the birth come through on FB (you were tagged in it I believe which is why it showed up!) and it was absolutely precious! Print it out and save it. Sounds like you have a wonderful husband and father for your LO!

Well, no more contractions since last night! I'm thinking they were more due to being a little dehydrated since I was out all day and not glued to my water glass like I am when home. This girl is just so content to stay inside - six days late now! I never thought I would get to 42 weeks but I'm beginning to wonder. I had so many more contractions leading up to labor with C so I'm just really surprised!

We even DTD this morning and not a contraction! Crazy. Oh well! The weather is nice. We'll make the most of another baby-less weekend around here and spend it outside.

18. thismustbetheplace

kiwi / 633 posts

@lauraeabel: so happy to hear you have a breastfeeding champ! Our little man's latching issues (sometimes it takes 5-10 mins per breast to get him on) are exhausting to say the least. I'm hoping/dreaming that once he reaches his actual due date next week that a lightbulb will click and he'll figure things out.

@coopsmama: and @HLK208: sounds like you ladies are getting close!! Keep up the positivity, it's wonderfully refreshing!
    @mellybelly: cutie!! Congrats mama!
    @runnerd: enjoy this last sweet pre-baby weekend! 8-)

19. NorCalWayfarer

nectarine / 2134 posts

@mellybelly: Congrats! He's so cute! Sorry to hear about the rough labor.

@lauraeabel: Congrats mama! Glad to hear she's latching well and hopefully you can catch a few zzzs soon

@thismustbetheplace: And I can't recall if I ever congratulated you, but congrats!!!

No progress here -- still waiting for this little guy. Induction moved to Tuesday due to scheduling issues at the hospital. Really hoping to go into labor naturally before then! Had another membrane sweep on Thursday morning -- still 3cm dilated and 80% effaced with baby riding high. So we'll see!

20. NorCalWayfarer

nectarine / 2134 posts

@runnerd: Thinking about you and Mr. F and hoping your induction goes well tomorrow!

21. Mrs. Cookie

@lauraeabel: Happy to hear latching is going well!!

@coopsmama: Good idea on enjoying a final baby-less Saturday! Still think every time you post that this is IT. haha

@thismustbetheplace: Good luck with BF your little guy, hoping hitting your due date changes things!

@NorCalWayfarer: Well, your body is on it's way, hoping you go into labor before Tuesday!!

22. HLK208

pineapple / 12234 posts

@runnerd: hoping everything goes well tomorrow!!!

@thismustbetheplace: thanks!!! I hope you're enjoying the early days with LO other than the latching issues! I know how hard it is - I had a hard time with both LO's so I'm thinking this time will be the same.

@coopsmama: oh gosh, how frustrating! I also walked 2 miles (at a fast pace), DTD and have been cleaning non-stop, did lunges up the stairs...nothing! Come on, super moon!!!

@NorCalWayfarer: hoping you'll go before your induction date!

23. coopsmama

cantaloupe / 6059 posts

@princessandthebee: @HLK208: I just lost the rest of my mucus plug - and it was blood tinged! TMI! But maybe the supermoon will do its thing and contractions will start up soon!

24. HLK208

pineapple / 12234 posts

@coopsmama: woohoo!!! I've been pretty comfortable today so I don't think today is the day for me at least haha. Hoping it's yours though!!!

25. Mrs. Cookie

@coopsmama: Yes yes yes! Hoping it's your night!

26. coopsmama

cantaloupe / 6059 posts

@HLK208: @princessandthebee: Well, despite losing it and the fact that the mucus has just kept on a comin' (gross, I know) - no contractions to speak of! Gah! Baby doesn't even feel particularly low. So I don't know what's going on.

27. coopsmama

cantaloupe / 6059 posts

@HLK208: I hope you've been able to stay comfortable in this heat with no AC!

28. HLK208

pineapple / 12234 posts

@coopsmama: thanks, friend! We searched for an AC unit today and of course everyone was sold out. Oh well...I'm sitting in front of a fan, drying my hair from taking a cool shower and eating ice cubes!! Kind of hoping this heat wave passes soon.

I can't remember, did your midwife mention anything about an induction date?

29. Mrs.Someone

pomelo / 5228 posts

@HLK208: (Just butting in here a bit )We tried finding an AC unit today too, after my OB urged me to get one yesterday. No luck of course. One place said to try Fry's in Renton, but it wasn't worth the drive for us. Amazon has several that can arrive on Tuesday with Prime shipping though, so we may do that. Good luck!

30. coopsmama

cantaloupe / 6059 posts

@HLK208: So sorry about not being able to track down an AC unit. I'm fortunate in that our house does have AC - not looking forward to getting the bill in a couple weeks, but I need it on right now 24/7. I've been eating ice cubes all week, too! I agree about the heat wave - it's just too hot for me. I much prefer low 80's. We took C out this morning and by 10:30am it was almost unbearable in the direct sunshine!

We discussed induction but only generally. She asked me how I felt about it and I said I wasn't comfortable going beyond 42 weeks obviously - so we're just going with the flow in this next week. She told me she didn't think I'd make it to my appt for an NST on Monday which is 41+1. Wednesday we have the BPP ultrasound scheduled. Even if those come back fine, I'm tempted to ask for induction on Friday or Saturday - so 41+5 or 41+6. I have crunchy natural childbirth friends who will judge me for that choice (and I am pretty crunchy myself!!) but I feel it's right.

My one concern is that my body feels prime for induction - but the baby doesn't seem particularly locked and loaded and that's why I'm thinking I'm not having contractions? Idk. Her positioning has been so funny, I'm not sure what to think.

Ohhhh waiting for childbirth -- never a dull moment.

31. HLK208

pineapple / 12234 posts

@Mrs.Someone: thanks!! Is there any reason in particular that your OB suggested to get one? I'm guessing beyond being more comfortable because that's a give in!

I'm thinking about ordering from amazon...watch, I'll order and the heat wave will be done with by the time it comes

32. Mrs.Someone

pomelo / 5228 posts

@HLK208: Just that its hot and not going to get cooler any time soon She said it saved her during her last pregnancy. Looks like we have at least another week of this, and who knows what August will bring.

33. HLK208

pineapple / 12234 posts

@coopsmama: aww, I understand - I have crunchy mama friends who judged when I was induced for medical reasons. Blah.

I totally feel you on the positioning being off...baby N doesn't feel fully engaged yet. I need more pelvic pressure to know that she'll be here by her due date! I never thought I'd be asking for more pain but I'm ready for it!!

34. littleredhairedgrl

persimmon / 1135 posts

@mellybelly: congrats!!

35. avivoca

watermelon / 14467 posts

@runnerd: good luck today!

36. LemonLong

pear / 1698 posts

@runnerd: thinking of you today! Can't wait to see your update!

37. coopsmama

cantaloupe / 6059 posts

@runnerd: Today is the day! Good luck! I can't wait to see pics of baby F!

@HLK208: Unbelievable...they judged for an inducement that was because of your blood pressure, right?! Because clearly taking a risk with both of your lives is more important in the grand scheme of things just to be able to say you went into labor naturally. Some people!

Yeah, I haven't been on any long walks (due to the heat) lately and have mostly been relying on the yoga ball but that hasn't seemed to help so I'm thinking about going on one today just to see if that will help engage her. If not, I'm out of ideas!

38. Mrs. Cookie

@HLK208: @coopsmama: So no supermoon babies? Bummer! Hoping babies engage soon ladies! Walking sounds like a good idea today for me too!

I have a question on fetal movement, nervous FTM here. I just felt off this morning, only one other morning I've felt like this and he was fine, passed his BPP and everything. He's just not moving around much even after cereal and gatordade. But he IS moving, it just feels very minimal. Am I over-thinking this? I know it's not just about counting kicks in an hour but also about their normal pattern, but now I cant remember his normal pattern. I feel like most mornings he's gone crazy around 5:30 or 6 AM but today I woke up at 7 and he's super quiet. And then some days I'm just up and out of bed so I don't even bother checking in on my side and feeling him. So is he really that active in the mornings? Or just when I notice him?

I just don't know if my random paranoia is worth calling the OB about or if this happens to everyone. Also, I have an anterior placenta, so movement has never been SUPER easy to feel.

39. coopsmama

cantaloupe / 6059 posts

@princessandthebee: Well, first of all - I'd say trust your mama gut and if you feel something is off, it is always better to be safe than sorry.

That said, I wouldn't be concerned personally but that's probably partially my own personality and the fact that I tend to just go with the flow and not analyze too much about anything. The fact that he is moving at all would be enough to ease any concern for me. I think they start to slow down towards the end simply because they run out of space, you know? So movements aren't as large or as sweeping.

I hope everything is okay - but really, do what you think is best! If you call and all is OK, you didn't hurt anything by making that call and going on in!

40. avivoca

watermelon / 14467 posts

@princessandthebee: I would call your provider just to be safe.

Back to lurking.

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee