Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

July 2014 Mamas!

1. mlm2934

grapefruit / 4311 posts

@coopsmama: glad your NST was good! FX things get moving soon!

@lauraeabel: awww I know that's stressful sorry y'all have to deal with that - hope it's a quick and good trip for your little gal - you'll be in good hands I'm sure!

I need to write up the details before I forget, but today couldn't have gone better! Finley was born at 5:07pm, 6lb7oz (such a relief!!) the induction couldn't have gone better, and I only had to push for 20min! Only had pitocin for 5min bc my contractions from the cervix ripening were so good. All in all, contractions started around 9:30am, and had epidural by 2:30pm which took away most of the pain! We did have a little scare bc the cord was around his neck when he was born and it took a few scary minutes before we got to hear his cries, but otherwise he seems healthy! Wish I had better pics, but I'm sure the there will be many more in days too come!! Thank you all for all the support and encouragement!!! DH and I just keep looking at each other and asking if this is real life! He's already such a good father!

2. HLK208

pineapple / 12234 posts

@runnerd: he's perfect!!!! Wow, that sounds like an amazing induction!! I'm so glad it turned out so well and baby F is healthy!

3. HLK208

pineapple / 12234 posts

@lauraeabel: I'm so sorry hang in there!! I hope Ellie does better with the lights and fluid

4. cookiemomster

kiwi / 714 posts

@runnerd: so glad everything went well, congratulations!

5. spaniellove

honeydew / 7916 posts

@runnerd: Congrats! I'm so glad it all turned out well and Finley is here and healthy! Enjoy those baby snuggles mama!

6. avivoca

watermelon / 14467 posts

@runnerd: Congratulations mama! F is absolutely perfect!

7. Mrs. Cookie

blogger / persimmon / 1225 posts

@runnerd: Wow, sounds like a fantastic induction! Only 20 min of pushing, nice! So happy for you guys!! F is adorable!

8. Mrs. Cookie

@coopsmama: Baby is happy just hanging out, glad the NST went well but really hoping she comes before Friday!!

9. Mrs. Cookie

@runnerd: Thought I'd add you to the list since you're a bit busy right now enjoying new baby!

Our Arrivals!
    5/14 - littleredhairedgirl - Ava (ODD 7/17)
    6/16 - afpfgirl
    6/16 - justdarling - Olivia (ODD 7/1)
    6/30 - thismustbetheplace - Brandon (ODD 7/16)
    6/30 - keiki_mama - B (ODD 7/5)
    7/2 - BlueberryPie - Luca (ODD 7/18)
    7/4 - MK0180 - William (ODD 7/9)
    7/7 - mellybelly - Ellis (ODD 7/6)
    7/10 - lauraeabel - Eliza (ODD 7/18)
    7/14- runnerd - Finley (ODD 7/19)

Due Dates
    7/6 - coopsmama (#2)
    7/9 - NorCalWayfarer (#1)
    7/14 - Littlebear (#2)
    7/17 - squeaks (#1)
    7/19 - Mrs. Amethyst (#2)
    7/22 - HLK208 (#3)
    7/22 - Mrsjansson (#2)
    7/25 - princessandthebee (#1)
    7/28 - tigger223 (#1)
    7/28 - night cheese (#1) (c-section sched 7/22)
    7/29 - kml636 (#2)
    7/30 - Lemonlong (#2) (induction sched 7/14)
    ---
    7/2 - irishmama (#1)
    7/6 - MrsSpottts (#4)
    7/6 - Rainbow Buttercup (#2)
    7/19 - tejbee (#1)
    7/26 - MrsCDH (#1)
    7/27 - Michmarm (#1)
    7/28 - MrsEmm (#1)

10. chibee

pear / 1974 posts

@runnerd: Congrats!!!!!! this makes me so happy!!!

11. coopsmama

cantaloupe / 6059 posts

@runnerd: Sounds like all went wonderfully! He is too cute!! Good job mama and congratulations! I hope your first day with him had been wonderful.

@lauraeabel: I was so glad to see the update on FB that she is doing better! I love her hair!

12. mlm2934

grapefruit / 4311 posts

@princessandthebee: aww yay thanks for updating the list

Well I'm having a super sad morning. They took F last night bc his blood sugar was low, and they decided to send him NICU this morning so he could be monitored closely since it hadn't regulated. They acted like he probably would just be there for a few hours today, but we miss him, and have barely had alone time! Hoping he is back with us soon! But they said we'll be able to hang out with him in NICU soon.

13. Mrs. Cookie

@runnerd: Oh no, that is sad!! Poor little guy. I'm sorry, but hoping he's back in your arms very soon!

14. Littlebit

nectarine / 2932 posts

@runnerd: Ahhh! Congratulations! He's adorable! I can't wait to see more pics! I am so happy for you

15. HLK208

pineapple / 12234 posts

@runnerd: Awww, I'm hoping he's in your arms soon!

16. Littlebit

nectarine / 2932 posts

@runnerd: Oh man, just saw your update. I need to read more carefully. Hoping his NICU stay is (super) short! Thinking about you guys!

17. thismustbetheplace

kiwi / 633 posts

@runnerd: a slightly belated congrats!!! Sorry to hear Finley is having a rough start, they'll take good care of him in the NICU! Think of it as extra time to rest and recover so you can be nice and rejuvenated when he's back in your arms

@lauraeabel: I totally feel you mama. I fully admit I was sobbing in the lab draw room as they were doing (yet another) heel prick to check Bran's bili levels. It's so hard to not blame yourself but we've got to stay positive. We can only do our best, our bodies were made to do this! Hope you guys are feeling better soon.

18. HLK208

pineapple / 12234 posts

Little update here...I was finally checked at my appt and I'm 4 cm's dilated (which seems crazy since I was dilated to a 4 when I was admitted at L&D with my first labor). My OB did a membrane sweep which hurt but hopefully with some walking today, it'll get things moving.

19. cookiemomster

kiwi / 714 posts

@runnerd: so sorry to hear he had to go to nicu. Hopefully he's back in your arms as soon as possible, I know any length of time feels like forever.

Update on us: Ellie's bilirubin count went from a critically high 20.7 to 12.9 overnight. They took her off the lights (thank god) and we can finally hold her until her next heel prick at 4, which if the numbers gone down again will get us out of here. Supplementing my supply (which is basically nonexistent right now) has done wonders for her attitude and her health, and I'm beginning to understand the frustration formula mamas feel towards the whole "breast is best" mentality now. Obviously it is, but the lactation consultation who saw us after she was born made me so afraid of bottles and formula being to enemy that I even though I could tell something was wrong, we had to weight four days for our pediatrician to tell us it was totally okay. Had we started her earlier, I know this wouldn't have happened. I just feel so awful that I basically starved my child for that long because the LC made me doubt my instincts.

@thismustbetheplace the heel pricks are terrible, I was sobbing the first two times two. Now they take her to a separate room.

20. cookiemomster

kiwi / 714 posts

@HLK208: that's great progress!

21. Mrs. Cookie

@HLK208: Yay for being at 4, hope the membrane sweep does something!

@lauraeabel: Ugh, what a crappy situation with the LC! I'm sure we all have to learn to trust our mom instincts, you will know now! Glad Ellie's numbers went down! Hoping you get to leave soon! And those heel pricks sound awful.

22. littleredhairedgrl

persimmon / 1135 posts

@runnerd: congrats!!!! he's beautiful!! I hope his NICU stay is very short, but they will def take good care of him while he is there. hope you're feeling well and thinking of you and your fam

@lauraeabel: glad to hear lo's bili is down and you're able to hold her. sorry to hear the lc was so harsh with you. def go with your instincts regardless of what she is saying. you will know best what your lo needs!

23. coopsmama

cantaloupe / 6059 posts

@runnerd: I hope you have F back in your arms by now!

@HLK208: Well that's awesome! At least those annoying contractions have been doing something! I'm crossing my fingers the membrane sweep actually helps - I've had 2 and neither did anything, but you've had more contractions than I have so who knows!

@lauraeabel: I'm glad she is doing better! Don't blame yourself for what happened, mama. The important thing is that you are doing your best with the information you have and that Ellie is doing better despite the earlier numbers! I know you are a great mama to her already!

Oh - my induction got moved to Saturday. I'm actually thrilled because it's now with my favorite midwife as opposed to my least favorite one!

24. NorCalWayfarer

nectarine / 2134 posts

@runnerd: Congrats mama! Sounds like you had an amazingly well induction! Sorry to hear F is in the nicu and hoping for a speedy return to mom dad.

@lauraeabel: Glad to hear E's levels are decreasing!

My water broke this morning at 5am. Was scheduled for an induction anyways so I came in about 8:30. Been on pitocin for 6 hours and still no real progress Three hours ago I was still dilated 3cm, but I was 3cm at my last appt with my midwife last week. Nurses had trouble with telemetry monitoring so I'm hooked up now and relegated to the room. Definitely not how I'd envisioned this going.... But just hoping for healthy baby and heathy mama.

25. coopsmama

cantaloupe / 6059 posts

@NorCalWayfarer: oh goodness! That does sound stressful! Thinking of you guys and hoping things progress ASAP! You are so close to holding your little one! Update us when you get the chance.

26. NorCalWayfarer

nectarine / 2134 posts

I wasn't worried until the nurse told me I'm at 26 ml/hr and the max dose is 30 ml/hr... Not sure what happens once I hit that (other than calling the midwife to see what to do next).

27. coopsmama

cantaloupe / 6059 posts

@NorCalWayfarer: do you have an epi in?

28. NorCalWayfarer

nectarine / 2134 posts

@coopsmama: Haha no. I can't even feel the contractions right now, other than a little tightening (at the most they were 3 min apart). Now contractions are sporadic again. They have me at the max dose for an hour -- until my midwife can come over and check on me. They've talked about switching to internal monitoring to get a better idea of contraction strength. But luckily baby is still doing well. I just hope I'm not on the path to a failed induction. I thought I'd at least be having painful contractions by now -- waters been broken for 12 hours, been on pitocin for 7 hours. I hope I'm not jinxing myself

29. HLK208

pineapple / 12234 posts

In labor!!! Epidural is in. I was 7cm's in triage so it's moving fast!

30. NorCalWayfarer

nectarine / 2134 posts

@HLK208: Yay how exciting!

31. littlek

GOLD / squash / 13576 posts

@HLK208: agghhhhhh!!! Sooo excited for you!

32. coopsmama

cantaloupe / 6059 posts

@NorCalWayfarer: That is crazy!! I can't believe the pitocin, at that strength, isn't doing anything and that you're not in pain! Well, I'm glad you're not miserable but I do hope things can pick up soon. Sending strong labor vibes your way!

@HLK208: Apparently the membrane sweep did it?!? Awesome!! Can't say I'm not jealous but SO excited for you mama! You must be close (if not there!) to holding N with how quick that went!

33. mlm2934

grapefruit / 4311 posts

@HLK208: wooo, so excited - good luck, hope things are moving along well! Or maybe little N is here now!

@NorCalWayfarer: how frustrating about pitocin, hope you've had more luck since your last update - will be thinking positive thoughts for you!

34. mlm2934

grapefruit / 4311 posts

@lauraeabel: man, I hate that you had to feeling mommy guilt over how you were feeding but so glad you're little gal got to head back home already!

35. mlm2934

grapefruit / 4311 posts

our guy is still in NICU, but we can visit any time so we have been going by through out the day. He will have to stay at least until Thurs when his bloodwork results to check for infection come back, but FX he will be discharged then assuming his blood sugar is all good by then and negative on infection. Not the way I wanted to start parenthood, but thankful that we aren't expecting to have to stay in NICU too long either way. I miss him terribly and hate that our snuggles with him are limited bc we want him getting lots of rest. hurts my heart.

36. HLK208

pineapple / 12234 posts

She's here!!!! 3 hours of labor!! 8 lbs 6 oz!!

37. mlm2934

grapefruit / 4311 posts

@HLK208: that's awesome!!!! sounds so fast, can't wait to see her little face!

38. littleredhairedgrl

persimmon / 1135 posts

@HLK208: congrats!!

@runnerd: thinking of you!

39. littlek

GOLD / squash / 13576 posts

@HLK208: congrats!!!

40. mrsjyw

GOLD / wonderful apricot / 22646 posts

@runnerd: congratulations, he's so perfect!!
    @hlk208: can't wait to see her, congrats again mama!!

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee