Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

July 2015 Mamas!

1. turkeylurkey

kiwi / 541 posts

@sweetooth: Oh wow! I hope that your fluid levels go up and give you more time! I have my brother and his family down the street but she is due next week so I've been trying to not over welcome their offer to help. But I'll manage. I figure worse case scenario if I BINGO this week then I'll take my LO with me until someone can come get him.

2. MamaCate

pomegranate / 3595 posts

@QBbride: so if you don't swadle, do you cover baby somehow for sleep? We used the Velcro swaddles and then halo sleep sacks with swaddle arms then regular sleep sacks for lo#1. I am just curious about the alternative.

@turkeylurkey: prayers for you to with everything going on! Hoping DH is able to be present for his grandfather and baby stays put until a time that isn't too crazy for you and your family!

3. QBbride

pomegranate / 3192 posts

@MamaCate: no I didn't cover him with anything. He's a super hot kiddo and he was born in June, so he just wore a sleeper to bed with nothing on top. I never used sleep sacks either because he would sweat like crazy even in the lightest one.

4. MamaCate

pomegranate / 3595 posts

@QBbride: thanks! I had a December baby last time and i was always worried about her being cold so I have to recalibrate!

5. sweetooth

nectarine / 2705 posts

@fuzzypeaches: I'm feeling fine. Just like a human water cannon from all of the water I'm drinking. I seriously have to run to the bathroom every 15-20 minutes. How are you?

@Mrs. Pickles: Thank you

@turkeylurkey: I hope so too! I know you probably don't want to take advantage of any help - but that's great to know that they are there. I hope your baby stays put too

@QBbride: This whole swaddling, temperature thing is going to be so different for us. We had a November baby and swaddling was the best way for us to get him to nap. I'll be curious to see how things go in the warmer months. Thanks for sharing your knowledge with us!

6. sweetooth

nectarine / 2705 posts

@MamaCate: I just said the same thing! We had a November baby and all I thought about was keeping him warm and snuggly. It will be interesting to see the differences. So much for having any clue of what I'm doing!

7. Mama Bird

pomegranate / 3127 posts

@sweetooth: Yikes! I hope your fluid levels have gone up and baby can stay put longer!

I finally talked to my boss yesterday, and she was ok with me taking more than 3 months off. Whew! I thought the conversation would go worse, because our department is so overworked lately, and I felt bad for even asking someone to do my work for longer, but the kids will need me more. This is such a huge weight off my shoulders!

8. sweetooth

nectarine / 2705 posts

@Mama Bird: Me too! I just don't know what my numbers would need to be in order for them to say "Ok, you're good for a few more days". I just feel like I'm on high alert now.

One thing I didn't mention is that they noticed my son only has one kidney. My last ultrasound was in February and they didn't notice anything off then. It's nuts to think that there's nothing I could have done to prevent this. But that could also be a source of the low fluid. Little guy only has one kidney to produce fluid to help contribute to the numbers.

9. sweetooth

nectarine / 2705 posts

@Mama Bird: Glad your conversation with your boss went well! How much additional time do you plan to take?

10. MamaCate

pomegranate / 3595 posts

@Mama Bird: congrats on getting it out there and on getting positive feedback! It is great that they are willing to work with you! How long are you planning on being out?

I meet with our HR next week but they are the strictest ever so I am not planning on a minute over 12 weeks.

@sweetooth: glad you are feeling ok! How interesting about the kidneys--it definitely would contribute but I am surprised it wasn't caught sooner. I hear you on the constant bathroom trips! We will have to figure out these summer babies and swaddles and temperatures together!!

11. sweetooth

nectarine / 2705 posts

@MamaCate: I don't think it's something they would catch without an ultrasound. And I didn't have any need for one since my last one in February. The only reason I had one this week is because I'm AMA. So I guess I'm thankful for being "old" now because if I wasn't, I would be blissfully unaware of this potential to give birth right now.

12. Mama Bird

pomegranate / 3127 posts

@sweetooth: oh no! That's crazy that didn't come up on the anatomy scan, and now you get this news in the home stretch. It could be the reason your fluid is low - by now some of it comes from baby peeing. Does the doctor think you'll need to deliver early even if fluid levels go up?

@MamaCate: @sweetooth: I said probably five months! Hopefully that's three whole months when I'm home but not chained to the couch nursing! I talked to HR first to feel out if others have asked for more leave, but it was still scary because my department is very boots on the ground, so we have a harder time filling in if someone's not there.

@MamaCate: good luck!!! Are you planning to ask for more anyway and see what they say? Or is that out of the question?

13. turkeylurkey

kiwi / 541 posts

@sweetooth: Wow you haven't had an ultrasound since Feb and your old? I've had to have one every 4-6 weeks because I'm old too. Interesting to see the difference in OB practices. @Mama Bird: Nice that you are getting 3 months off! I'm taking 2 off but will try to do some work from home during that time. Don't really want to but we are short staffed

14. MamaCate

pomegranate / 3595 posts

@sweetooth: I am trying to remember what they checked at my anatomy scan but I guess it is what it is. At least you know now so you can follow up if needed after baby arrives. Fingers crossed that things go well tomorrow and you get a little more time!

@Mama Bird: 5 months would be great! We were able to have DD start daycare at 5 months and it helped me feel better that she was a little bigger. I am not planning to ask for more time because I know there is no chance--they wouldn't even let my coworker extend her leave after her baby was in the nicu for a month! But I am at 32 hours and have a flexible job so I am planning to ease back in to things.

15. sweetooth

nectarine / 2705 posts

@Mama Bird: I know. Everything was checked back then, but obviously things changed from then until now. Still, growth of kidney probably wouldn't have been something you can do anything about, you know? So I'm kind of thankful that I haven't had this on my mind the whole pregnancy. I would hope if fluid levels are up, then we don't have to induce tomorrow. I don't know what # would result in more waiting, but I have been drinking SO much water - we'll see if it helps. // 5 months is so great! I'm glad you got what you asked for

@turkeylurkey: I know - I remember thinking when I scheduled this appointment for 36 weeks back in February, "Really, I don't come back until then?" But I was actually happy to have a "boring" pregnancy. Still, I wonder if this fluid thing would have been caught sooner. No use worrying or wondering though, it is what it is. It is interesting to see the different OB practices though.

@MamaCate: It is what it is. He will look fine. His one kidney will still produce urine. We will just have to follow-up in a month to see how it's doing. I'm not too worried. I just wish I could carry longer - and I very well could! But if tomorrow is the big day - then I know it will all be ok. At least that's what I'm telling myself to calm myself down

16. MamaCate

pomegranate / 3595 posts

@sweetooth: you sound like you are in a good state of mind! I will be thinking of you and baby today!!

17. fuzzypeaches

clementine / 950 posts

@sweetooth: thinking about you and baby! Let us know how your appointment goes!!

18. sweetooth

nectarine / 2705 posts

@MamaCate: @fuzzypeaches: thanks you guys. My fluid decreased and I've been admitted and hooked up to an IV for fluids. Dang baby went a turned transverse on me too so now I'm sitting here, hoping the IV fluids help my chances to hold him in longer and not have a c-section. Things can change in an instant. This baby really threw me for a loop this week.

Checking fluids again tomorrow. Hope I can get some rest here in the hospital. It's weird being here right now. And hard to think c-section after thinking vaginal the whole time.

19. travelgirl1

cantaloupe / 6630 posts

@sweetooth: I'm so sorry We're all thinking of you and hoping baby turns and your fluids increase

20. MamaCate

pomegranate / 3595 posts

@sweetooth: I just swung by to check on you! Baby has a mind of his own already! Sending prayers your way for healthy mama and baby, however that needs to work out. It must be such a big mindset switch so be gentle with yourself too!

21. cait

apricot / 268 posts

@sweetooth: Just caught up on what's been going on with you and your babe! I hope you can get some rest tonight, I'll be thinking of you.

22. simplyfelicity

cantaloupe / 6634 posts

@sweetooth: Thinking of you and little man today!

23. turkeylurkey

kiwi / 541 posts

@sweetooth: just wanted to say that I'm thinking about you. Hope the fluids work.

24. Mama Bird

pomegranate / 3127 posts

@sweetooth: ugh, that's a lot to deal with. This baby sure has a mind of his own, but hopefully he decides to turn when it's time! Hope you're getting some rest tonight.

25. sweetooth

nectarine / 2705 posts

YAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAY!!!!!! After maybe three hours of sleep, constant monitoring, IV fluids and working through EVERY emotion under the sun, it paid off!!! I'm being discharged!!! Fluid is up and he went back to heads down. I'm so happy

26. Bluemasonjar

clementine / 920 posts

@sweetooth: Yay!!! So happy to hear some good news.

27. Reese

pomegranate / 3521 posts

@sweetooth: FANTASTIC NEWS!!!!!!!!

28. mrsjyw

GOLD / wonderful apricot / 22646 posts

@sweetooth: HOORAY best news!~!!

29. sweetooth

nectarine / 2705 posts

@travelgirl1: @MamaCate: @cait: @simplyfelicity: @turkeylurkey: @Mama Bird: @Bluemasonjar: @Reese: @mrsjyw: Thank you all so much! It was a tough night. I'll be 37 weeks tomorrow. And I'll go back to OB on Monday and I have my follow-up ultrasound to check fluids again on Tuesday. I'm sure that my OB will check on Monday too. I'm so happy to be home! Food! Liquids! My own pillow!!!

30. edelweiss

grapefruit / 4923 posts

@sweetooth: great news! yay for the IV fluids working. what a roller coaster!

31. MamaCate

pomegranate / 3595 posts

@sweetooth: So thrilled to hear this!! Enjoy being home and fingers crossed that baby stays in place and gets to cook a little longer!

32. turkeylurkey

kiwi / 541 posts

@sweetooth: That's great news! Take it easy this weekend!

33. fuzzypeaches

clementine / 950 posts

@sweetooth: such great news!!!!!

34. Mrs. Pickles

kiwi / 584 posts

@sweetooth: HOORAY so happy to hear

35. sweetooth

nectarine / 2705 posts

@edelweiss: @MamaCate: @turkeylurkey: @fuzzypeaches: @Mrs. Pickles: Thank you!

Anyone else have something exciting going on? Everyone staying hydrated? I hope you all have a great weekend and enjoy celebrating father's day

36. travelgirl1

cantaloupe / 6630 posts

@sweetooth: So happy to hear you're home! Sending lots of fluid-boosting thoughts your way

Pretty quiet with me... I has a stomach bug over the weekend and Monday so had a few really awful days, but the good thing is it has made me feel so good now I'm well again! I'm 37 weeks today and was asking my doctor for tips yesterday about how to stay pregnant as long as possible, lol. She says I need to start winding down and taking it easy so that's the plan over the next few weeks.

Hope you guys are all well and Happy Friday!

37. TheSwissWifeStyle

nectarine / 2600 posts

@sweetooth: yay for the great news!

Nothing much going on here, just hoping to get everything done this weekend! Cleaning, finish nursery, pack bag, etc!

38. turkeylurkey

kiwi / 541 posts

Not much here. My dad took LO last night for me so I got a little more sleep and a little more rest yesterday evening. DH is going to fly out tomorrow to go see his granddad. He's in hospice care now. I have a baby shower to attend tomorrow. Trying to decide what to gift her. I don't really want to go shopping and I have a few items from my shower that are duplicates. So i think I will re-gift one of the books and maybe grab some diapers/wipes and call it a day.
    What is everyone getting DH's, Dads and FIL's for Father's Day? I need to pick-up something for our Dads.

39. sweetooth

nectarine / 2705 posts

@travelgirl1: Oh man, a stomach bug would be rough right now! Glad you're feeling better. I'll try to follow suit and take it easy this weekend. I have to admit a fire was lit under my bum on Monday so I feel pretty on top of every little task that was on my to-do list. So maybe this weekend I really can just put my feet up and sip on some lemonade. You do the same

@TheSwissWifeStyle: Thank you! Pack that bag! It's a huge weight off your shoulders once that is just sitting there in the corner of the room waiting for you to grab it and go! Hope you have some relaxing time scheduled in this weekend too.

@turkeylurkey: That was so nice of your dad Be sure to take it easy while your husband is away. And I see nothing wrong with a little regift/diaper/wipe present. I also think a simple little "take care of mama" box is nice and easy. I made one for my friend to have on her table next to her rocker. It included face wipes, lip gloss, snacks, lotion, advil, tissues...all of those little things you need when you're stuck in one spot nursing so often. // As for Dads - I got my dad a little notebook set : http://fieldnotesbrand.com/colors/workshop/ and my husband I got him a new slim credit card wallet.

40. TheSwissWifeStyle

nectarine / 2600 posts

@turkeylurkey: My dad is getting a shirt that says "ask me about lanDON KINGsley" (the Don king is actually just in another color on the shirt, not in caps). My dad's name is Don King so LO is sorta named after him. FIL is getting a shirt that says "Landon's Lolo" (what Filipinos call their grandfather) and for DH I got some onesie that are kind of matching shirts that he has. Plus my mom got him stuff, but I don't know what.

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee