Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

July 2015 Mamas!

1. MamaCate

pomegranate / 3595 posts

36 weeks today and at the OB waiting for my appt. DH is actually able to come with me since he has an unusual day off. We were going to go to a movie to play hooky but my doc is running late...

2. simplyfelicity

cantaloupe / 6634 posts

@MamaCate: Bummer! What movie? DH and I saw Spy yesterday and really liked it.

3. turkeylurkey

kiwi / 541 posts

@sweetooth: I like the care package idea. I wish they knew what they were having because I have some newborn onesies with the tags still on them that I know my big baby boy won't fit. Got them for my shower a few weeks ago and didn't get gift receipts so I have no clue where to return to.

4. turkeylurkey

kiwi / 541 posts

@TheSwissWifeStyle: That is cool that your Dad's name is part of the baby's name! Like your shirt ideas. I did a matching shirt for DH that says I play with cars and I still play with cars LOL
    http://carpeviam.myshopify.com/collections/frontpage/products/youth-adult-plays-with-cars-t-shirt-set

5. simplyfelicity

cantaloupe / 6634 posts

@sweetooth: Such happy news! I am trying to do some laundry today...DH and I went on a walk and I got so tired he insisted I rest at the Starbucks on our way home and he got the car to pick me up. I definitely bit off more than I could chew though it was a measly walk by my usual standards.

6. sweetooth

nectarine / 2705 posts

@TheSwissWifeStyle: That "Don King" shirt idea is too cute!

@MamaCate: I hope that your doctor shows up soon and you two can still play hooky! Enjoy the movie!

@turkeylurkey: That always sucks when you don't have gift receipts. Hold onto them if you have the room because maybe you can gift them to someone else? Either that or consign/donate?

@simplyfelicity: Happy news indeed I feel like a brand new me today! Still very pregnant though... // I'm glad your husband made you rest while he got the car. It's hard to take it easy, and so easy to overdo things quickly.

7. simplyfelicity

cantaloupe / 6634 posts

@turkeylurkey: Sounds like the perfect gift and that was really sweet of your dad.

8. simplyfelicity

cantaloupe / 6634 posts

@sweetooth: Yeah...sometimes I forget I am 38.5 weeks pregnant.

9. turkeylurkey

kiwi / 541 posts

@simplyfelicity: Yes it was sweet of my dad. DH was out of town all week for work. Today was Father's Day at the daycare. So he took my soon to do the party with him. Glad I have family here to do that type of thing with my kids.

10. simplyfelicity

cantaloupe / 6634 posts

@TheSwissWifeStyle: That's so cool!

11. simplyfelicity

cantaloupe / 6634 posts

@turkeylurkey: If you need help figuring out where things are from, let me know. I was able to figure out where a lot of things were from and ended up getting 90 in credit at kohls, 30 from Walmart and 250 from Target. Score!

12. turkeylurkey

kiwi / 541 posts

@simplyfelicity: Oh wow! How did you do that? All of these have the tags and are Carters Brand. But they took off the tag that had the store name/price. So that means could be from Kohls, TJ Max, Carters and Target

13. simplyfelicity

cantaloupe / 6634 posts

@turkeylurkey: Yeah, it was pretty cool! I got the rest of the stuff on my registry with it. If you take a pic of the Carter's tags, I can try to figure it out.

14. Mama Bird

pomegranate / 3127 posts

@sweetooth: yay, that's great news!!!

@MamaCate: awesome, a date instead of work is the best!

I still don't know what to do for DH for father's day. I was planning to make him a special ice cream, but he has a sore throat so that's out Trying to come up with something else fast!

15. Ginabean3

pomegranate / 3401 posts

35 weeks today! Whoo hoo! Feeling tired and having a bit of back pain . My dr wants me to start taking iron supplements (my blood count is good, just more of a precaution) and they make me feel so nauseous. Yuck. Here is my bump picture for this week! I hope everyone has a great weekend!!!

16. travelgirl1

cantaloupe / 6630 posts

@Mama Bird: I bet ice cream would be lovely for a sore throat!

@Ginabean3: you look awesome! That bump is tiny!

I turned 37 weeks yesterday and if I had a dollar for every time someone had said "you look ready to pop" or something along those lines, I'd have a fair bit of cash. lol.

17. Reese

pomegranate / 3521 posts

Last day of work was on Friday. It seems so unreal to be on mat leave. I think I will start to get nervous on Monday because I will just be waiting around to deliver wowza

18. TheSwissWifeStyle

nectarine / 2600 posts

@Ginabean3: cute!! I was put on iron too, but they totally stopped me up I had to quit taking them!

OMG my feet/ankles are tooootaaally swollen today! Been on my feet all day. Ugh, they look horrible, and don't feel too hot either!

19. MamaCate

pomegranate / 3595 posts

@simplyfelicity: @sweetooth: @Mama Bird: Thanks ladies! Appt was fast and we went to see Jurassic World at a dine in theatre that is new near us. It totally felt like playing hooky! The movie was ridiculous but entertaining and the food is good!

At my appt, my OB said I am at a 2 and 40% effaced (I was 1cm and 20% last week) and this t she did not think I would make it to my due date! I was counting on at least 3 more weeks so I kind of freaked out and we are really trying to get things done in case she is right!

Lots of progress on the house today and still feeling good so hopefully things work themselves out!

20. MamaCate

pomegranate / 3595 posts

@Ginabean3: You look great!

@TheSwissWifeStyle: Take some time and put your feet up! My feet only swelled when our a/c was out but it was such a weird feeling! Mine didn't really swell last time until after I delivered!

21. mrsjyw

GOLD / wonderful apricot / 22646 posts

35 weeks and I'm officially over it. I need this baby on the outside. As much as I know I'm being a drama queen.

Happy Father's Day to all the July 2015 daddies!

22. simplyfelicity

cantaloupe / 6634 posts

@mrsjyw: I hear ya. I hit a wall at 35 weeks and was over it. Things got a little bit better and now, at 38.5 weeks, I am so completely beyond over it. Like...get. this. baby. out.
    If one more person tells me, "baby will come when he's ready"...
    I hope things get better for you!

23. Reese

pomegranate / 3521 posts

I freaked out while laying down today. I heard and felt the rubber band snap that happens when your water breaks. I reached down and nothing was there and then I had to pee but nothing like a "broken water". So strange! And a bit terrifying!

DH started to nest a lot today and my mom is coming to stay tomorrow to help deep clean what I can't reach and make some freezer meals.

Anyone trying to deter cats from jumping into baby gear? Everything is covered in aluminum foil right now and it seems to be working. FX

It's supposed to be 30 tomorrow! I'm going swimming. Can't wait!

24. mrsjyw

@simplyfelicity: thank you!

I have our hospital bag mostly packed, cleaned the first floor, and did four loads of laundry. Keeping busy is making it better but then I get winded and it frustrates me

Here's to hoping the next month flies by and lo2 comes before ds1 did at 40w3d!

@reese: Hope you're feeling ok and enjoy the swimming tomorrow!

25. sweetooth

nectarine / 2705 posts

37w2d today and I have another OB appointment this afternoon. I suspect they will check my fluid levels and if they are low, it's totally go time. No IV fluids, just go. That's what I'm preparing for mentally anyway. I'm in a better place than I was last week. At peace with whatever method I need to deliver. It's all about healthy baby and healthy mama. Savoring every moment in my own bed and every meal I'm having. I know I'll be back to my own bed and food in no time, but that hospital night and food last week made me realize how delicious and comfortable everything is on the outside.

Here's hoping I still have a little more time to cook this little guy. But I anticipate being an end of June mama - there's no way I'm making it until July. It's really out of my hands and up to him. I feel fine - no contractions, pain, etc. I feel like I could carry for a few more weeks, but all of the info on the inside is conflicting with my outsides.

Pregnancy is crazy.

26. sweetooth

nectarine / 2705 posts

@Ginabean3: Iron supplements were the worst. I totally failed at taking mine. I just upped my burger intake You look fantastic!

@travelgirl1: I personally want to pop people in the head when they say "You have totally dropped, you're carrying lower right now" - Um, do you look at my belly everyday? I do. And everything is right where it's always been. Stop pretending you're the expert! // Make a t-shirt and start collecting $ for annoying pregnancy comments

@Reese: Yay for last days of work! I wish I had taken time off to chill before baby. I'm still working until this baby decides to say hello and I have to admit - I'm so distracted! (obviously...HB at work ) That's crazy that you felt a rubber band snap type thing - keep an eye on things and keep your fluids up. When is your next appointment so you can check to be sure that rubber band snap isn't any indication of early labor?

27. sweetooth

nectarine / 2705 posts

@TheSwissWifeStyle: Get those feet up girl! Hope you're feeling better today.

@MamaCate: I'm glad you got to see a movie! It's nice to have a heads up if things are going to happen earlier. Good luck as you prepare for an early date than originally planned.

@mrsjyw: Not a drama queen at all - I was totally at my max at 36 weeks. Sounds like you're keeping busy and productive!

28. travelgirl1

cantaloupe / 6630 posts

@sweetooth: Good luck today! Fingers crossed you get to cook baby a bit more

29. mrsjyw

@sweetooth: good luck today!!! FX!

30. Candy_nee

apricot / 324 posts

@sweetooth: good luck today!!!!

31. Reese

pomegranate / 3521 posts

@sweetooth: next appt is Wednesday. Interesting, I was just reading your post about low fluids. How did they know that? I noticed that my urine was extremely dark yesterday even though I had been sipping/drinking water all day. Would that be an indicator? Today it is back to normal.

32. sweetooth

nectarine / 2705 posts

@travelgirl1: @mrsjyw: @Candy_nee: Thanks you guys!

@Candy_nee: Guess we're no longer due date twins! Unless you want to go early with me?

@Reese: They discovered it in my ultrasound last week. They can measure the pockets of fluid. I would think that would be the best indicator. As for color of urine, they recommend it to be a light yellow. So if yours is dark, up that water intake! Stay hydrated! And I'm glad to hear you're back to normal today Enjoy swimming!

33. Candy_nee

apricot / 324 posts

@sweetooth: lol I'm being induced in July 6, so I'm going a few days early!

34. edelweiss

grapefruit / 4923 posts

@sweetooth: good luck today! sounds like you have been able to get some great perspective on the situation. thinking of you!

@Reese: how weird! does everything seem to be okay?

@Ginabean3: look how cute you are! and you made it to 35 weeks (and counting)!

@Mama Bird: were you able to find a backup plan for father's day? we went to an antique car show in the broiling heat. i sat under a tree for most of it. i think that's sufficient as a father's day gift.

@simplyfelicity: oh i want to see spy!

i am going into nesting mode, but more like a panic attack. my due date (7/24) has seemed so far away for a while, but now that it's a month away (and i have a suspicion that my due date is more like 7/20 based on a weird cycle i had) i'm kind of freaking out. need to pull out the baby clothes, bottles, baby gear, set up furniture...jeez i am behind.

35. Ginabean3

pomegranate / 3401 posts

@travelgirl1: Thank you! I don't FEEL tiny? Lol....I definitely waddle when I walk now and my thighs rub together and with the heat we are experiencing in SoCal, ugh, it is not fun!
    @sweetooth: Thank you! Yes, maybe I'll just start eating more steak....those supplements SUCK!
    @edelweiss: Thank you! Yes, I can't believe I made it to 35 weeks...I feel like I can breathe now and once I make it to 37 I'll be livin' easy.

I'm so tired all the time. I feel badly for my DD (2 years old). I feel like I should be taking advantage of this last month that is just me and her and doing fun stuff together but with the heat and the tiredness I don't think I'm very much fun.

36. Mama Bird

pomegranate / 3127 posts

@Ginabean3: you're looking great!

@Reese: you have to start a new project to keep the nerves in check! That's what nesting is for

@mrsjyw: hang in there! At least we can still sleep at night. Well, sort of! Still going to miss even the crummy sleep when baby gets here

@sweetooth: good luck! I'm glad you're feeling more ready.

@edelweiss: the boys had to leave me home all afternoon because I had an urgent report to write but on the upside I was able to sneak out and get surprise donuts! And then we went to the beach! Not a bad father's day at all!

37. Reese

pomegranate / 3521 posts

@edelweiss: All seems good now! Do you have family that can come help!? My mom is here for the next 2 days to help deep clean. Thank goodness because I could not imagine my almost 39 week self bending over to clean baseboards.

I know she is hoping to all heavens that I go into labour while she is here. I thought she was leaving Tuesday now all of a sudden it turned into Wednesday morning.

38. simplyfelicity

cantaloupe / 6634 posts

@sweetooth: Any news on your appt?

39. QBbride

pomegranate / 3192 posts

@sweetooth: any news? Thinking of you!!

@Ginabean3: I've been so tired too, I feel bad for my DS. I yawn or something and he's like "mummy's tired". It makes me feel so bad! But it's true, I'm always exhausted!!

40. ValentineMommy

pomelo / 5791 posts

@edelweiss: I am also in nesting freakout mode. I'm looking around my bedroom now thinking how messy it is and thinking of the kitchen cabinets I'd like to clean out lol Totally out of character for me!

@Ginabean3: You look great!

@mrsjyw: I'm also seriously over this pregnancy. This baby moves ALL the time, he's constantly flipping from breech to head down (which is SO uncomfortable), and I feel like I'll explode if I grow any bigger. I'm sooo uncomfortable. Blah.

@sweetooth: update?

I've been terrible about keeping up on the thread lately. I started my full time working at home until the baby is here, so instead of sitting on the computer during breaks, I'm doing housework

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee