Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

July 2015 Mamas!

1. MamaCate

pomegranate / 3595 posts

@Ginabean3: you look great! So glad baby is still cooking!

@turkeylurkey: contractions sound rough but glad you have an end date in sight. We are considering induction after 39 weeks for a variety of reasons. What made you decide to schedule yours?

2. turkeylurkey

kiwi / 541 posts

@MamaCate: yes they aren't fun. At least mine come and go so I'm getting a bit a a brake. We are inducing because my first baby weighed 9.8 and was 21" long. Had to have a full episiotomy. I didn't want to do that again. Recovery was very long. This baby will be about 8.5 lbs this week so I was on track for another 9+ lb baby. I also felt like if I was already dilated this far then why not. With the first baby I was at 4cm when my water broke so I'm not far from that and so far my labor pattern has been the same. How about you?

3. MamaCate

pomegranate / 3595 posts

@turkeylurkey: mine is more for logistics/practical reasons than medical so I am feeling a little conflicted. My OB will be on vacation on my due date and it would be difficult to wait until she gets back (over 41 weeks), plus it would be easier to coordinate care of my DD and have a clear last day of work.

For now my plan is to ask for a membrane sweep at my 39 week appt and schedule an induction as a backup at 39+4 but I sometimes second guess myself. I was induced last time around for going late and I had a good experience.

4. simplyfelicity

cantaloupe / 6634 posts

39w3d...come on baby boy!

5. simplyfelicity

cantaloupe / 6634 posts

@Ginabean3: Looking great!

6. simplyfelicity

cantaloupe / 6634 posts

@MamaCate: Sounds like you have a great plan! I wonder if my OB will induce me if my BP is still high on Tuesday. I feel conflicted...I am afraid of being induced but I also sooooo want this over with.

7. MamaCate

pomegranate / 3595 posts

@simplyfelicity: I was super worried about being induced the first time but I mostly was focused on avoiding a c section. I talked in depth with my doc about it and she was able to explain why she felt like I was a good candidate for induction and she thought I was likely to avoid c section. They use something called a bishop score to evaluate if you are "favorable" for induction. As I think I shared before, my induction went well and I was able to deliver vaginally so it felt like a success.

I think with how far along you are, you and baby should be fine so I would trust your gut! Hope your BP stays down though!

8. QBbride

pomegranate / 3192 posts

@simplyfelicity: you look great! I had a successful induction last time for my water breaking and labour not starting. I scored high on the "Bishop score" which made a difference. If your cervix is already soft and starting to dilate I'm sure it will go well!! Trust that your Dr will recommend what is best for you and baby!!

It is sooo hot here today and today is the first day my feet are super swollen. They're so puffy they hurt!!! 38+4 and ready to get this show on the road. Hoping by next week, baby will be in our arms! In the meantime I have a lot to do!!

9. simplyfelicity

cantaloupe / 6634 posts

@MamaCate: @QBbride: Thank you for the advice! I do feel better knowing that it wouldn't be a cold induction.

10. Candy_nee

apricot / 324 posts

I had an awesome induction with DS1. super easy, pretty fast, got my epidural nice and early so I didn't feel anything. I didn't need any extra intervention. Or anything. I'm just hopeful my induction this time goes as smoothly.

11. mrsjyw

GOLD / wonderful apricot / 22646 posts

July is in two days! We already have two July babes!

How is everyone feeling?

36+ weeks here. And I'm caught between wanting to savor these last few weeks of sleep and time with DS1 and just wanting to be done being pregnant and meeting our newest lil love!!! I'm sure a lot of you are feeling the same!

have a great week July mamas!

12. turkeylurkey

kiwi / 541 posts

I'm still hanging in there. 38.6 weeks. I've been having contractions at night about once an hour. So not getting good sleep now. I keep thinking any minute I will go into active labor or water break! So exhausting! Will be induced Wednesday so the finish line is very close for me! Lol

13. turkeylurkey

kiwi / 541 posts

@simplyfelicity: how are you today?

14. ValentineMommy

pomelo / 5791 posts

@mrsjyw: I'm super uncomfortable all the time! A month (to the day) to go for me!

15. simplyfelicity

cantaloupe / 6634 posts

@turkeylurkey: I'm doing alright, just really hoping something happens soon-- I feel like I am going a little batty. Only two more days for you!

16. QBbride

pomegranate / 3192 posts

Hi ladies, being this pregnant in this heat is no joke!! I'm 38+6 today, which is when my water broke with DS so of course I'm hopeful something will happen in the next day or two. This baby has been much meaner to me throughout pregnancy though so I'm not holding my breath

I can't believe it's almost July!!!

17. Tidybee

nectarine / 2834 posts

@mrsjyw: I feel the same way. I can't wait to meet this one, but I am seriously hormonal teary when it comes to thinking about how much life will change for us all but especially DD.
    38 weeks even today. I'm feeling pretty nauseous and crampy which didn't start til much later with DD. It comes and goes every few days, but I'm not getting my hopes up.

18. Reese

pomegranate / 3521 posts

@mrsjyw: I had a pretty bad cold that I am over now. Thank goodness! I am ready to go into labour now but I feel NOTHING! I might go on a long walk wth DH tonight to hopefully get things moving. EDD is July 2nd - I haven't had any internal checks. Hopefully today, I'm so curious. DH is getting excited and impatient too.

19. MamaCate

pomegranate / 3595 posts

@turkeylurkey: good luck with your induction today! hoping you are still on schedule!

as for me, I am 37+5 today. Hard to believe. I still have things I am trying to wrap up before baby. But, I passed my professional licensure exam yesterday!! This has been a multi-year process to get to this point and there were times I was not sure I could finish everything before my due date. I am seeing my last clients today and then it is just paperwork and wrapping up at work! I have lots of house things but they are more flexible if need be. I am just hoping baby gives me another week or so. I am feeling good overall (but tired) and getting excited to meet him!

Anyone else having insomnia at night still? I am so tired and it is so frustrating when I am up for an hour and can't go back to sleep!

20. travelgirl1

cantaloupe / 6630 posts

@turkeylurkey: Good luck today!

@MamaCate: Congratulations on the exam!!! Yeah still crazy insomnia. Ah well. I know when this baby gets here and I get time to have a nap, I will sleep like the dead! Post partum sleep is amazing!

21. edelweiss

grapefruit / 4923 posts

@turkeylurkey: holy sh#t your first was so big!! oh my goodness. more importantly, good luck with the induction today! so excited for you.

@simplyfelicity: looking great! you're gonna meet him soon!

@MamaCate: yeah, still having insomnia. i get up around 2.30 am and am up for a couple of hours. sucks. congrats on passing your exam!! a very good summer for you indeed!

@Reese: did the walk help at all? feeling anything?

i've been feeling a lot of anxiety about how LO #1 (2.5 years old) is going to adjust. we've been talking more about the baby, but there are so many changes that are going to happen--i know it is what it is, but i worry about my little man.

22. Mama Bird

pomegranate / 3127 posts

@simplyfelicity: @turkeylurkey: good luck today!

@MamaCate: yay, congrats on the exam!!! Are you going to celebrate?

I've had major insomnia the last two weeks. I think it's the stress. I'm using it to put in some extra work on my reports, but there are still more than I can handle.

I'm getting a little scared that if this keeps up, I won't have any energy left for birth. I even went and asked my OB if she can offer any help for mental health issues, but she kind of blew me off. Which is very upsetting - what if somebody comes to her who's depressed and really needs help, and she blows them off like that?

23. travelgirl1

cantaloupe / 6630 posts

@Mama Bird: I'm so sorry your OB took that attitude with you. That is terrible!

24. edelweiss

grapefruit / 4923 posts

@Mama Bird: i hear you on the anxiety and insomnia. i'm sorry about your ob's reaction. when i started getting anxious during pregnancy, my ob was like "do you want me to prescribe you something?" it may have helped that i had taken anti-anxiety meds in the past, but still, the attitude to help should be there. can you talk to your primary care physician about it?

25. MamaCate

pomegranate / 3595 posts

@travelgirl1: @edelweiss: @Mama Bird: thanks for the congrats! I am so glad I was able to squeeze everything in!

I am sorry so many of us are not sleeping--do you try to stay in bed or get up and get a change of scenery? I have been trying to at least keep lying down but i am wondering if i should try something else.

@Mama Bird: it sounds like you have a valid concern! I am so sorry your doc was so dismissive. Do you think talking to her again this week would help if you tried to be more pushy?

26. edelweiss

grapefruit / 4923 posts

@MamaCate: i try to stay in bed (besides peeing). i also usually convince myself that i'm starving and that if i just eat something, i will be able to sleep better. i also try listening to relaxing stuff on my phone with a bluetooth (so as not to bother my husband). i've tried breathing techniques, but weirdly those stress me out (like oh my god there's no way i'm going to keep breathing out for 8 seconds!!!).

27. travelgirl1

cantaloupe / 6630 posts

@MamaCate: I stay in bed, just get up to pee or if DD needs me. I figure that any rest - laying down and closing my eyes - is better than nothing.

28. Mama Bird

pomegranate / 3127 posts

@travelgirl1: @edelweiss: @MamaCate: my GP is awesome, she actually listens to her patients. It's just hard to squeeze in another appointment on top of the OB ones. I'm seeing another doctor in the same OB office next week though, so I'll try talking to her. In any case it's just two more weeks to get through...

29. turkeylurkey

kiwi / 541 posts

He's here! Sorry it took awhile to post. Bad cell phone service in labor delivery floor. He weighed 8.10 lbs and 20.5 long! So another big boy. We are both doing good. This labor was so much easier than DS1.

30. travelgirl1

cantaloupe / 6630 posts

@turkeylurkey: Congratulations! Enjoy the snuggles!

31. mrsjyw

GOLD / wonderful apricot / 22646 posts

@turkeylurkey: congratulations mama!!!!!

32. fuzzypeaches

clementine / 950 posts

@turkeylurkey: woohoo! Congrats mama!!

33. MamaCate

pomegranate / 3595 posts

@turkeylurkey: Oh congrats! So glad he is here safely and what a big baby!! Enjoy!

34. Candy_nee

apricot / 324 posts

@turkeylurkey: congrats momma!!!

35. Ginabean3

pomegranate / 3401 posts

@turkeylurkey: yay!!!!!! Congrats!!!!!!!

36. QBbride

pomegranate / 3192 posts

@turkeylurkey: congrats! Enjoy your new little man!!

37. TheSwissWifeStyle

nectarine / 2600 posts

@turkeylurkey: Congrats! Hope you're feeling well!

38. Mama Bird

pomegranate / 3127 posts

@turkeylurkey: congratulations!!!

39. ValentineMommy

pomelo / 5791 posts

@turkeylurkey: Congrats!!!!

40. turkeylurkey

kiwi / 541 posts

Thank you everyone. I feel so much better than I did with my first baby. Amazing how a pound lighter can make a world of difference. No episitomy this time. A little superficial tear but that isn't bothering me. Hospital staff has been great. The only thing is it changed from when I had DS1. Baby stays with you the whole time unless you ask for them to go to nursery. So immediately after birth he was on my chest and they took him to the side to bathe and check vitals. He never left the room! He is sweet and DS1 got to meet him last night. Love my little guys and my big guy is awesome dad

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee