Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

July 2015 Mamas!

1. Candy_nee

apricot / 324 posts

@sweetooth: When I saw my RE for my first pregnancy it was the same way - no hearing the heartbeat only seeing it. Now that I think about it, that's very weird. Is it too little at that point to hear? Or maybe their machines aren't wired for sound?

Hearing the heartbeat today was more powerful than the first time. I think that by the time I heard it my first pregnancy I had seen it so I knew it was ok. But I've been so nervous and freaked out this time that hearing that little heartbeat was the best sound in the whole world.

2. sweetooth

nectarine / 2705 posts

@Candy_nee: You know, now that I think about it, maybe it's out of respect for the surrounding rooms? Wouldn't it be so hard to be in another room, for monitoring or at the start of a failed cycle, and hearing the sound of a heartbeat next door?

Seeing the flicker definitely makes my heart skip a beat. But you're right, there's nothing like hearing that heartbeat. I've seen the sound waves and been told the numbers. But I can't wait to hear it So glad you had that experience!

3. QBbride

pomegranate / 3192 posts

@Reese: I'm worried about a missed m/c all the time!! My first u/s isn't until Dec 11 (11w1d by dates, prob more like 10w3d by ovulation). It seems so far away and so far along to find out then that something is wrong.

@Candy_nee: what a cute little nugget! Congrats!

4. FannyMae

persimmon / 1461 posts

@cvbee: Congratulations @Candy_nee: Lovely little jelly bean! congrats

I felt like absolute crappola yesterday and last night, I slept half the day away while my daughter emptied all her toys around the house. Hubby came home with a cracking headache, and has taken today off too to recover (not gonna happen with a 2.5 year old running riot!) Such nausea and gas building up that I had to undo my bra strap just to get some relief (not a good look at all lol)

5. mrsvdv

apricot / 431 posts

@Candy_nee: @sweetooth: I thought it was because the probe for internal u/s doesn't record sound? I know my ob told me the reason back then but I'm not sure about it anymore now. @Candy_nee: so cute, yay!!

@cvbee: welcome and congrats! I hope you enjoy our board!

6. Candy_nee

apricot / 324 posts

@QBbride: @FannyMae: @mrsvdv: Thanks ladies!!

@mrsvdv: Maybe it depends on the machine itself? My US today was internal and allowed us to hear the heartbeat. I think @sweetooth: had a great point about it maybe being out of respect for the surrounding rooms.

7. LindsayInNY

bananas / 9229 posts

I wonder if that's a RE preference? We heard and saw it at 8 weeks with a transvaginal u/a. My obgyn (well the tech) showed it to me at 9 weeks and measured it but didn't play it aloud. That was a stomach u/s (sonogram?).

8. mrsvdv

apricot / 431 posts

Does anyone ever feel guilty for complaining about morning sickness? I don't on here, but irl I sometimes worry about it. I guess I'm scared people will think I'm not grateful enough for this pregnancy which is crazy because we tried for a long time. I'm rambling a bit, sorry!

9. mrsvdv

apricot / 431 posts

@Candy_nee: @sweetooth: do you think you could hear the sound through the walls of the exam room? I have never thought about that but it makes sense. @LindsayInNY: it must be a combination of doctors preference and the machine they use.

Either way I'm dying to see/hear it!

10. Bluemasonjar

clementine / 920 posts

@mrsvdv: Don't feel guilty! The morning sickness just hit me yesterday at 7 weeks and I wish people at work knew that I was pregnant so that I could complain and explain why I look so terrible.

11. simplyfelicity

cantaloupe / 6634 posts

@mrsvdv: Don't feel guilty! I definitely am grateful for this pregnancy, but when you are curled up in a ball throwing up, it's tough!

12. cait

apricot / 268 posts

I heard LO's heartbeat around 9 weeks with a sonogram, but they didn't do an ultrasound until 18 weeks. I'm seeing the same practice this time around and was told that they now do ultrasounds at the first appt. so they can better verify how far along the babe is. Is it definitely going to be an internal one? I feel like I need to be prepared haha.

Another possibly TMI question... has anyone experienced pain in only/mostly one breast? I have some tenderness in both but one feels much more achey than the other.

13. cvbee

nectarine / 2039 posts

@mrsvdv: I always say that's the 'real' reason no one tells in first trimester; because then you'd hear how terrible it really is.

14. simplyfelicity

cantaloupe / 6634 posts

July Mamas!  
    July 1: simplyfelicity
    July 2: Mrs. Pickles
    July 4: dolphin
    July 5: Reese
    July 7: qbbride, fuzzypeaches, little bitty house
    July 10: travelgirl1
    July 11: Candy_nee, sweettooth, tidybee
    July 12: angelachase
    July 14: Chocoholic
    July 15: nicole112
    July 17: MamaCate, cvbee
    July 20: Bluemasonjar, Mrsvdv
    July 22: FannyMae
    July 24: BlueWolverine
    July 28: Spinny, MrsH
    July 30: Cait

15. FannyMae

persimmon / 1461 posts

@sweetooth: I went to my best friends house today, she made chicken fingers for the kids to snack.... guess who ate them with sauce instead?
    @mrsvdv: I do feel guilty complaining to hubby, mainly because he comes home from work exhausted and cops an earful of whingeing from me I feel guilty if I complain to my mum too, mainly because she usually says OHH WELL when I wish she would be a *little* more supportive.

@cait: my breasts were in absolute agony when I found out I was pregnant, but settled down to almost no pain at all. then when morning sickness kicked in, they started aching on the sides again. like that painful PMS hormonal type soreness.

16. Reese

pomegranate / 3521 posts

@cvbee: LOL

17. littlebittyhouse

pear / 1570 posts

the past two U/S I've had have been internal and we see the little heartbeat flicker and they measure bpm but there has not been any sound accompanyment. Not with an RE, just a regular OB.

I had some scary spotting on Monday so they send me in for (another) ultrasound - all looked great, growing well hb was 165 and we even saw the little babe waving his/her arms! Very cool to see at 9 weeks.

Going in on Friday for my first official appointment with bloodwork and the like.

Are you all doing the first trimester screening? I am not sure if we are going to this time...we did with our first.

18. Candy_nee

apricot / 324 posts

@littlebittyhouse: So glad everything turned out ok with the spotting!
    We're not doing the screening. We didn't with our first either. We just think it'll freak us out more than anything and it wouldn't change anything for us. Ignorance is bliss in this case!

19. simplyfelicity

cantaloupe / 6634 posts

@littlebittyhouse: So glad the spotting turned out to be nothing!

I am surprised so many of you ladies didn't hear the heartbeat, maybe it's because I am with a regular OB and not an RE?

AFM, I am 10 weeks today. Sort of bittersweet as 10 weeks exactly is when I found out about my miscarriage last time. I know it's totally different but I will feel so much better once I get to 11 weeks.

20. dreamer3311

pea / 8 posts

Hi everyone, super late joiner here!! We have been through a long infertility journey, so it was hard to join. The cycle that worked included injectables and iui. I am still in shock

EDD: July 14
    How far along: 8w1d
    First child: yes!!!! Finally!
    symptoms: mainly complete and total exhaustion

Here's the kicker, last week I went for my first ultrasound with RE and we found out we're having TWINS! Talk about unreal. My husband and I are beyond thrilled, but a little nervous.

Because of our long history of infertility, we are waiting until XMAS to tell anyone. After learning about twins, I am completely panicked about vanishing twins. I can't stop worrying. I was finally able to schedule with a new OB and my first appt is 12/17. I thought this is perfect bc I can have another u/s before we tell people at Christmas. Unfortunately the office staff said I wouldn't have an u/s at this appt, I would need to wait and have one a few weeks later to look at nuchal. Ugh, I just can't decide if I feel comfortable telling family about twins based on 7week u/s. I wish I could relax and just enjoy this but it is so hard!!! What do you guys think?

21. Reese

pomegranate / 3521 posts

I didn't get to hear the heartbeat - only see it at 8 weeks.

I'm jealous some of you have already had multiple ultrasounds! The next one I have to do is the 11-13 week ultrasound. I wish I could get one before that.

22. Reese

pomegranate / 3521 posts

@dreamer3311: Welcome and WOW! Congrats!! We were wondering who in this group would have twins

Also, telling people is a completely personal decision. We only told my parents after our ultrasound (measuring at 8 weeks) and are waiting to tell family at Christmas when we get the next ultrasound done. Whatever you are comfortable with.

23. littlebittyhouse

pear / 1570 posts

@dreamer3311: Welcome and wonderful news! Twins!

We told our parents right away and family over Thanksgiving. I wanted to wait until Christmas but my Mom spilled the beans. I say whatever you feel comfortable with.

24. Mrs. Pickles

kiwi / 584 posts

@dreamer3311: welcome! sending you happy twin pregnancy vibes

Ok so this is a totally dumb question.. I have a u/s scheduled for next Friday I will be 11wks.. will it be an internal u/s? I forgot to ask today!

25. QBbride

pomegranate / 3192 posts

@Mrs. Pickles: no it shouldn't be, anything 8 weeks+ is an abdominal u/s at the u/s clinic near my house.

@dreamer3311: congrats! Soo exciting! The decision when to tell is so personal. I would probably tell my family because I would want the support from my family if anything happened to either twin.

26. sweetooth

nectarine / 2705 posts

@dreamer3311: Welcome and congratulations! I also conceived with injectibles/IUI this cycle and for my first child too. I'm so happy for you that it worked! And twins!!!

As for telling people - did many people know you were going through infertility treatments? I was pretty private about it all for our first. But this time around, I have told people much sooner that we are pregnant. I wanted their prayers and support whatever the outcome may be...which will definitely be a summer baby Positive thinking, right?

It is a totally personal decision, but maybe you can at least share the happy news of your pregnancy, and then continue with the great news of twins once you have the ultrasound after Xmas? Whatever you are most comfortable with.

27. travelgirl1

cantaloupe / 6630 posts

@dreamer3311: Welcome and huge congratulations on your twins!

How is everyone managing with the nausea? I had a tough weekend but Monday and Tuesday were manageable. Today is horrendous and I have to go out with LO for a few hours, I had to throw up so I could face cleaning my teeth. The last thing I want to do is go outside, ugh. Hope everyone else is feeling a bit better!

28. Candy_nee

apricot / 324 posts

@dreamer3311: Welcome and congrats! I got pregnant with my first with injectables and iui. Just tell when and how you're comfortable. This is your news to share whenever you please!

29. Tidybee

nectarine / 2834 posts

@dreamer3311: Welcome!!
    Here is our twin pregnancy for July!

@Mrs. Pickles: probably just abdominal if they're doing a dating scan. But my NT scan at 12w with DD was transvaginal because they could get a much better picture and sharper measurements that way.
    @travelgirl1: I'm sorry you're still dealing with the nausea and throwups!

I think fatigue has replaced my nausea. I slept for 9 hours last night and still struggled to get out of bed at 7am this morning, and I'm only not napping now (during DD's nap) because I have to stay awake to do stuff around the house. I'm afraid if I lay down, I'll never ever get up.

30. sweetooth

nectarine / 2705 posts

@mrsvdv: That's a good point, but it does seem like something that is shoved that far in there could record some sounds - Oh, and complain all you want to all of us about morning sickness. It blows!

@LindsayInNY: Good point too, it could totally be RE/OB preference.

@cait: If you haven't had many internal ultrasounds, and you want to be prepared for it, maybe give the office a call? I've had so many after working with an RE that I've lost count. But my first time, I needed to prepare mentally - And as for the one-sided soreness, did you sleep on one side? Keep an eye on it and maybe talk with your OB if it only stays on one side.

@FannyMae: All this continued talk about chicken fingers is not helping me... I don't know what your relationship is like with your mom, maybe you can ask her to be more supportive? Just a hug at least? Morning sickness is the worst...

@littlebittyhouse: Waving arms!!! Ahhh!!! glad everything is ok We will probably do the screening, with my age we tend to go ahead and learn as much as we can. The additional worry does suck, but I feel like knowledge is power.

@simplyfelicity: 1 more week, you can do it! We're all sending good, strong, happy baby vibes to your growing belly

31. simplyfelicity

cantaloupe / 6634 posts

July Mamas!
    July 1: simplyfelicity
    July 2: Mrs. Pickles
    July 4: dolphin
    July 5: Reese
    July 7: qbbride, fuzzypeaches, little bitty house
    July 10: travelgirl1
    July 11: Candy_nee, sweettooth, tidybee
    July 12: angelachase
    July 14: Chocoholic, dreamer3311 (twins!)
    July 15: nicole112
    July 17: MamaCate, cvbee
    July 20: Bluemasonjar, Mrsvdv
    July 22: FannyMae
    July 24: BlueWolverine
    July 28: Spinny, MrsH
    July 30: Cait

32. sweetooth

nectarine / 2705 posts

@travelgirl1: Ugh, I feel like for me I have to keep eating to keep it at bay. It's the worst in the AM so I try to remember to eat a saltine before I get up to go pee. Doesn't always work. And so much seems to trigger my gag reflex. Brushing my teeth. Changing my son's diaper. Picking up my son. It was much easier to handle this the first time around when I could stay more still. I think morning sickness, and taking care of your LO, is tough stuff! Do ginger candies help you?

33. simplyfelicity

cantaloupe / 6634 posts

@Reese: DH and I have the same plan. I have only had one ultrasound, so you definitely are not alone.

@sweetooth: Awwww...thanks! Once bitten, twice shy I guess. (Well, twice bitten but you get it.)

@littlebittyhouse: @Candy_nee: We are undecided about the screening (is that the NT scan?) We just really want the 12 week ultrasound.

34. simplyfelicity

cantaloupe / 6634 posts

@dreamer3311: Welcome and congratulations! What a wonderful surprise! If it were me, I would probably wait until I saw the second ultrasound to tell extended family but do whatever feels right to you.

35. dreamer3311

pea / 8 posts

@Mrs. Pickles: @littlebittyhouse: @Reese: @QBbride: @Candy_nee: @travelgirl1: @Tidybee: thanks everyone!!! I feel better just sharing the news with the HB world. I am really excited to join the group and appreciate all the advice about sharing the news. I think you all bring up excellent points!!

36. littlebittyhouse

pear / 1570 posts

@travelgirl1: I was just going to post here about the nausea!

All day nausea turned to waves of nausea over the past week. Yesterday was pretty good and today (despite being exhausted) I actually feel really great! I'm trying not to worry and just enjoy feeling good! With my first I didn't have much nausea at all so this is all new to me.

I did have my first cup of coffee (half caff) since getting a positive and I swear that it made me feel better. Today I've been thinking THIS is why I love being pregnant, I feel great!

37. mrsvdv

apricot / 431 posts

@Bluemasonjar: @simplyfelicity: @FannyMae: @sweetooth: thanks girls! Today the m/s actually faded away after lunch, we're making progress! And we had pizza for dinner, love my DH!

@cvbee: lol, that must be the reason!

@sweetooth: yes, one would expect that!

As for the questions about internal u/s: with DS, I had an internal u/s every time until the 4th appointment (so somewhere around 16 weeks I think). I remember thinking that I'd had enough of that wand! But it's not so bad, mostly uncomfortable as they move around to find what they're looking for.

38. mrsvdv

apricot / 431 posts

@littlebittyhouse: glad the spotting turned out to be nothing, and that you're feeling so good today!

@simplyfelicity: 11 weeks will be here before you know it!

@dreamer3311: Wow twins, congratulations!!! And welcome! I understand your hesitation about sharing the news, and it's a personal decision. What made me feel more comfortable, is the thought that shared joy doubles itself, but if something is to go wrong, those who know will also share the grief with me.

39. angelachase

apricot / 306 posts

I am jealous of everyone who has had an ultrasound already! I have my first midwife appointment on Friday (8W5D) and I am going to beg them to give me an ultrasound earlier than their standard 12 weeks, mostly because I'll hit 12 weeks between Christmas and New Year's, aka when I'll be out of town for the holidays (and after I hoped to tell most people). If I have a successful ultrasound after 10ish weeks, then I will feel comfortable telling my extended family at 11.5 weeks on Christmas.

I told my parents over Thanksgiving though! They were absolutely ecstatic, my mom cried and cried. She also told me that she never had any nausea with my sister and I, which is kind of reassuring. (I know I have no business complaining about not having any morning sickness, but it did make me nervous a little.)

This week my belly is definitely growing! It feels super tight and round. I think I am going to have to get some maternity pants soon, I feel like I'm busting out of my regular pants.

40. Bluemasonjar

clementine / 920 posts

@Mrs. Pickles: I have my first u/s on the 18th and was wondering the same thing since I will only be 9 weeks.

@travelgirl1: I had nausea all day Monday and yesterday. I felt better this morning but not 100%. I have a pack of saltines next to my bed and in my desk at work. So far no food aversions except for not wanting to eat the leftover pizza I brought for lunch.

We are waiting until after the first u/s to tell immediate family so we will surprise them at Christmas. My second u/s is the week after New Year's so it will be a bummer not to tell extended family and friends while we are home for the holidays but I feel more comfortable waiting. Of course that might change once I see them

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee