Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

July 2015 Mamas!

1. sweetooth

nectarine / 2705 posts

Crap. I must have jinxed myself by saying I didn't have any nausea yet. It hit me hard tonight while I was feeding my son. Everything I was feeding him made me want to yark. And now I'm nursing some toast and water and exhaling to prevent running to the bathroom to hug the toilet. Ugh...this is way too early for this to start!

2. sweetooth

nectarine / 2705 posts

This comment has been deleted by the original poster.

3. travelgirl1

cantaloupe / 6630 posts

@simplyfelicity: Morning sickness is crafty, it works in weird ways

@sweetooth: Oh no! I hope you feel better soon!

4. simplyfelicity

cantaloupe / 6634 posts

Just realized Boheme/Grizz shutdown her account today.

5. fuzzypeaches

clementine / 950 posts

@simplyfelicity: oh no? Why? I hope she is ok

6. simplyfelicity

cantaloupe / 6634 posts

@fuzzypeaches: Not sure. I accidentally clicked on her username today and it said "sorry, this user has shut down their account" or something.

7. sweetooth

nectarine / 2705 posts

@travelgirl1: Thank you - I have a feeling though that this may stick around (I hope it does because I want the baby to stick around!) Still - I already threw up last night and this AM. I'm trying to remember what I ate last time when I felt this nauseous...

@simplyfelicity: That's too bad about Boheme! I hope she is ok too.

8. fuzzypeaches

clementine / 950 posts

@sweetooth: oh no I was going to say I hope you feel better but I know it's so reassuring too!! Have you tried candied ginger??

9. sweetooth

nectarine / 2705 posts

@fuzzypeaches: I do have some ginger hard candies. Maybe I need to get some more ginger things...

10. Candy_nee

apricot / 324 posts

Ok, ladies, I need your help! We haven't told either of our families yet that we're pregnant. We're waiting until we go to Tennessee at Thanksgiving to tell my family, then we will tell DH's family when we get back (we live near them). Well, we're going to dinner w/ them on Friday night to celebrate my MIL and DH's birthday. My MIL and I usually will split a bottle of wine at a nice dinner. How do I avoid having any sort of alcohol?! I have no idea how to avoid this without letting on that something's up.

11. sweetooth

nectarine / 2705 posts

@Candy_nee: Would it be a dead give away if you said, "My stomach is a little upset, I think I'll stick to sparkling water tonight"?

12. sweetooth

nectarine / 2705 posts

Beta #2 is 972. I'm still pregnant! Here's to more doubling numbers on Friday! And a break from bloodwork soon!

13. Candy_nee

apricot / 324 posts

@sweetooth: I think that may be a little transparent. Ugh! This is tricky!

Congrats on your beta! Woo hoo!!

14. LindsayInNY

bananas / 9229 posts

@Candy_nee: My parents were here over the weekend. They know I have a "special" TTC doctor but nothing else (don't know about our procedures or anything). I was also getting over a cold. I just said that I was on some medication that doesn't make me feel the best. I lied and said I had a drink last weekend and felt like crap after. I know medication is usually an obvious sign but something like that might work? Maybe lead up to the day talking about not feeling so hot?

15. simplyfelicity

cantaloupe / 6634 posts

@sweetooth: Yay for doubling numbers! Boo for not feeling well.

I started feeling sick when I waited too long to rat. It was only a couple hours. Yikes!

16. Candy_nee

apricot / 324 posts

@LindsayInNY: They didn't know we were TTC this go around - so that gives me a great out. We struggled for years to get pregnant the first time and it was just sort of assumed it would always be like that. So, saying I'm sick and then not drinking won't automatically make them assume I'm pregnant given our history. For once, infertility may work in our favor.

17. simplyfelicity

cantaloupe / 6634 posts

@Candy_nee: What about saying you are watching your figure or something?

18. LindsayInNY

bananas / 9229 posts

@Candy_nee: Ooh, that works! Do you/DH talk to MIL frequently? Like if dinner is Friday, would you talk at any point that week? That would be a good time to casually drop that you haven't been feeling well.

19. Candy_nee

apricot / 324 posts

@LindsayInNY: I was going to go with posting on Facebook about a migraine or something like that. She's FB obsessed and I get migraines enough it won't seem suspect.
    @simplyfelicity: Well, we will be at a steakhouse, so not sure how believable that would be. But otherwise a great suggestion!

20. simplyfelicity

cantaloupe / 6634 posts

@LindsayInNY: How have you been feeling? When is your due date? Any ultrasounds yet? I am sooo nosy...

21. LindsayInNY

bananas / 9229 posts

@Candy_nee: FB is an awesome way to do it!!

@simplyfelicity: I'm the nosy one hovering on two due date threads, LOL!! (EDD is June 26!) Feeling almost 100% which I'm trying not to read into. I did schedule an appointment with my ob/gyn since I don't know when my RE will "graduate" me. So I have appointments next Friday the 14th and then the following Friday the 21st (we're on vacation the week of Thanksgiving)! The receptionist person helped reassure me though - recommended the appointment before Thanksgiving instead of after for that reason and said she had no symptoms with her triplets either! I'll take the bigger boobs for now then How are YOU doing?!

22. simplyfelicity

cantaloupe / 6634 posts

@LindsayInNY: Hang out with us as long as you like! It's fun having more people around. I am due July 1st, so we must be pretty close together (I am 6 weeks today.) I am doing okay, just really tired and queasy. I didn't have this with my previous pregnancy so I am hoping it is a good sign. Basically, just taking it day by day.

23. simplyfelicity

cantaloupe / 6634 posts

Anyone thought about how they would announce to family and friends? Given our history, we are going to wait until Christmas. I am potentially fine with telling family at Thanksgiving after the ultrasound. If we wait until Christmas, I was going to give the grandparents a framed copy of the 12 week scan (hopefully they give you copies then?) as Christmas gifts. Last time, we told them with grandparent books at 8 weeks, so I want to do something different.

24. Tidybee

nectarine / 2834 posts

Hey guys... I've been lurking for a while. In the past, I've joined two due date boards and have had to pull myself out of them. I'll join as soon as I get the results of my second beta tomorrow...well as long as they're doubling nicely. My first was 17 so I'm feeling kinda terrified.

25. simplyfelicity

cantaloupe / 6634 posts

@Tidybee: I have been thinking good thoughts for you today and for great numbers.

26. Tidybee

nectarine / 2834 posts

@simplyfelicity: thanks friend

27. LindsayInNY

bananas / 9229 posts

@simplyfelicity: I'm 6w5d, I believe? I'm the last on the June thread. Womp womp LOL! Thing is, I can't tell if my tiredness is normal or more so than usual?

As for announcing, we're waiting for Christmas. I fit in better on this thread for this since most of the June girls are announcing by Thanksgiving! We're out of town for Thanksgiving so it'll be a pretty easy secret to keep. Not sure entirely what we'll do yet though. We're heading to my parents on Christmas Eve so we might have to tell them that night, depending on how I look. (Plus I can't really hide the lack of alcohol from them!) My in-laws we will have to do via Skype. We're thinking small gifts for each?

@Tidybee: Sending all of the your way!!!

28. littlebittyhouse

pear / 1570 posts

@Tidybee: happy thoughts for you!

I'm kind of being pretty casual about announcing this time around. In laws will know this weekend and extended family prob at Thanksgiving? Early I know.

29. travelgirl1

cantaloupe / 6630 posts

I think I'm the odd one out, but I want to announce NOW, ha ha. Well, after my loss at eight weeks, when we hadn't told anyone, I wished so hard we had announced while there was still a baby to celebrate instead of grieve for, so I decided next time I would announce ASAP. We'll tell my family at the weekend, I'm leaving the inlaws up to DH. I guess he'll wait a month.

30. fuzzypeaches

clementine / 950 posts

@LindsayInNY: I lurk on your thread all the time too! My DS was born four weeks early so I will be shocked if baby2 really ends up being a July baby
    @littlebittyhouse: @travelgirl1: I already told my immediate family lol. I feel like I want up tell everyone! It's so hard to keep it in!

@simplyfelicity: I had all these good ideas about ways to announce but I caved and told them on the phone haha

@Tidybee: wishing good thoughts for you!

31. simplyfelicity

cantaloupe / 6634 posts

@travelgirl1: I definitely waffle but I honestly didn't find having my family (or anyone else) know beforehand any different than had they known until after. I think I am also just more sensitive and careful because my second loss was so recent.
    I think it's great you are going to be so open with your family and I am sure they will be over the moon with happiness for you.

32. Reese

pomegranate / 3521 posts

Hey ladies! Puked for the first time this morning / . It was about 45 minutes after I took my prenatal.. Should I take it again? I thought I was doing so well because I barely gagged while brushing.. Then boom, right before I'm about to leave the house...

33. 78h2o

grapefruit / 4441 posts

@travelgirl1: Holy crap! How did I miss this fabulous news?! I am sooooo happy for you! Congrats!

34. travelgirl1

cantaloupe / 6630 posts

@Reese: I wouldn't take it again. Sorry you feel so bad

@78h2o: Thank you! Fingers crossed this one sticks

35. QBbride

pomegranate / 3192 posts

@simplyfelicity: I didn't know grizz/boheme was the same person!! I can't keep up with everyone haha!

@Reese: try taking your prenatal right before bed. That way hopefully you can sleep through the queasiness.

Nothing new with me. Feeling extremely tired but that's about it. Oh and super sore nipples. I even made a separate post about it haha! I'm still nursing my toddler but the pain is unbearable. All I can think about is my nipples

36. angelachase

apricot / 306 posts

@Reese: I also take my prenatal right before bed!

@QBbride: I'm so sleepy I can barely make it to 9 PM. Last night my sister called me and I couldn't really stay awake in our conversation! Fortunately she had a lot to say so I just kept saying "mmhmm, mmhmm....."

37. littlebittyhouse

pear / 1570 posts

So, I think the exhaustion is setting in?! I am so tired I can barely think at work today! Still feeling good overall though - food doesn't seem to be agreeing with me but I don't know if that si baby related?

Ultrasound tomorrow at 4w6d - I am bracing myself for seeing nothing but the gestational sack. I kind of wish they had just done another blood draw and then u/s/ next week when there will be more to see.

I guess I am just staying cautiously optimistic at this point.

38. sweetooth

nectarine / 2705 posts

@simplyfelicity: I already blabbed to my best friend, and my parents and sister. I just wanted to share the good news because I am so excited! My husband wants to wait until Christmas to tell his family. I think we'll wait until then to tell more friends too.

My nausea has subsided today and so I took advantage of my energy and appetite by making a BIG salad and scarfing it down. Hopefully I don't see it again later tonight

@Tidybee: Hoping for wonderful, doubling beta numbers for you!

@Reese: Oh the brushing of the teeth...it's so hard when you feel pukey! Hope you're feeling better!

@littlebittyhouse: That is an early ultrasound. Any reason why they are doing it so early?

I have one more beta tomorrow. It worries me that my nausea has faded - but I never had it this early last time. So I'm just doing my best to think positive for my 3rd beta tomorrow.

39. littlebittyhouse

pear / 1570 posts

@sweetooth: not really sure - i should have asked but was so happy with the high beta number but i didn't. from my googling it seems like they want to make sure that it is not eptopic (bc of the early spotting)? the dr told me that once numbers are iver 1,500 they could do an u/s. On Monday my numbers were almost 2,200 so looks like we should be able to see *something* tomorrow.

40. Chaosmaven

apricot / 315 posts

So I'll be leaving you all. I was finally able to get in to the doctor today after another unexplained spotting incident, and though I should be 6 weeks, they could only find a very small gestational sac. I'm not sure what the next step is, I'm waiting to have bloodwork done on Sunday. But I know my calculations were exact and I had a positive test on Oct. 18. So I don't have much hope for a miracle.

Thank you all for your support. Wishing you all a happy and healthy nine months!

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee