Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

July 2017 Moms!

1. BeatlesFan629

cherry / 187 posts

@mamainthesun: Omg, I know!! I made the mistake of being 20 minutes early last time, foolishly thinking maybe they'd take me early. Yeah, never doing that again. I think I waited 40 minutes in the waiting room, then another 20 minutes in the actual room. All for a 10 minute appointment!

2. just_ju

cherry / 195 posts

Hi July '17 moms! I haven't been on HB for a while, since my son (June '15) was a few months old, but I'm back because it looks like we're having another baby!

Our story is a little complicated, and kind of TLC worthy. Our son was conceived via IVF, and we were told the only way I could get pregnant was through assisted reproduction. We went in to see our RE (reproductive endocrinologist — the fertility doctor) at the beginning of January to discuss using our 3 remaining embryos in the spring, and when we were leaving, she recommended I take a home test to make sure I wasn't pregnant before starting some new medications (she was slightly concerned because last AF was end of Sept, but I've never had a regular cycle, so I thought nothing of it). I did the test as soon as I got home and got a very fast, very dark positive. I saw my OB last week, and she confirmed my guess, I was already about 16 weeks. I have an ultrasound appointment tomorrow to measure the baby and get a more accurate EDD. Right now, we're thinking around 7/4!

Anyway, glad to be joining you guys!

3. BeatlesFan629

cherry / 187 posts

@just_ju: Wow! Welcome and Congrats!

4. winniebee

hostess / wonderful grape / 20803 posts

@just_ju: holy smokes! That IS totally TLC worthy. Lucky you got to "skip" the first trimester totally! Welcome!

5. Mrs. J

pomelo / 5132 posts

@just_ju: wow! Welcome and congrats!

@mamainthesun: I used to wait stupid amounts with my old midwife practice, but this one is better.

6. winniebee

@mamainthesun: It can certainly be frustrating! Sometimes I'm seen right away, but there have been occasions where I've had to wait an hour. I just try to remember that the reasons for those wait times are usually because of emergency (or really pressing) situations that come up...and then try to be thankful I'm not the one in that emergency!

7. Mrs. Goose

pear / 1737 posts

@just_ju: congratulations! That's fabulous. And also what @winniebee said-bonus of completely skipping the first tri.

8. mamainthesun

apricot / 356 posts

@just_ju: wow that's a great story ! Pregnancy will be fast for you this time ! Congratulations on your surprise baby !

9. Calibee

apricot / 286 posts

@just_ju: What a surprise! Welcome!!

@mamainthesun: The waits can be so frustrating. So far I've been pretty lucky. But my daughter has been coming with me to appointments, so the possibility of a wait makes me nervous. I'm just waiting for her to get bored and start messing with the ultrasound machine or the stirrups or something!

10. mamainthesun

apricot / 356 posts

So everything went well! I only waited 45minutes! Could have been worse! The baby is growing well and as healthy as can be!! And it's a boy!! Another little boy!
    I know some of you ladies have several boys, what is it like?!

11. winniebee

@mamainthesun: very exciting! I have 2 boys at home and another on the way. It is LOUD and go go go, but I love it!

12. BeatlesFan629

cherry / 187 posts

@mamainthesun: Yay! Congrats!

13. mamainthesun

apricot / 356 posts

@winniebee: do you ever feel left out or excluded? Are they interested in your activities ? Do you ever feel like your missing out on mother daughter things?
    I know it will be great ! Especially for them! I hope they are as close as I am with my siblings !

@BeatlesFan629: thank you!

Now the battle of the names starts again! We had such a hard time naming our first son! We actually only named him once he was born!

14. winniebee

@mamainthesun: eh not really yet but they are still young. I have lamented never having a daughter, but I have 3 nieces that I hope to remain close with. I figure that when they are older I might get left out a little more often, but also you stop being the center of your kids' worlds at some point, so it's bound to happen sooner or later

15. BeatlesFan629

cherry / 187 posts

@mamainthesun: I can totally relate with the name battles! Boy names are hard!! I'm only 17 weeks so we obviously have time but we've known the baby is a boy since before Christmas and we haven't agreed on one name yet. So it should be interesting!

16. winniebee

@BeatlesFan629: same! we haven't even really started talking names much yet....after anatomy scan!

17. mamainthesun

apricot / 356 posts

@winniebee: thanks for the positive answer !

@BeatlesFan629: good luck! We still have time so sadly enough no pressure to choose a name now !
    And yes the anatomy scan is the next step, fingers crossed for everyone !

18. winniebee

July 2017 Mamas
    Beatlesfan629: 7/1 (#2)
    Honey786: 7/1 (#1)
    Purplelilac: 7/1 (#3)
    Winniebee: 7/3 (#3)
    Just_Ju: 7/4 (#2)
    Jennyg: 7/7 (#3)
    Enjollah: 7/9 (#3)
    Mamainthesun: 7/10 (#2)
    Calibee: 7/11 (#2)
    Hawaiiangirl: 7/14 (#3)
    Makingbabyw: 7/15 (#1)
    Nutella: 7/20 (#2)
    Mrs.J: 7/27 (#3)
    Jaypegs: 7/27 (#2)
    Odynsmom: 7/29 (#2)
    Mrs. Goose: 7/30 (#2)

Anatomy scans:
    2/7: JennyG
    2/9: Winniebee
    2/13: Beatlesfan629
    3/7: Mamainthesun

19. winniebee

The boys are winning so far!

Let me know what date your anatomy scan is and I'll add it to the list!

20. mamainthesun

apricot / 356 posts

@winniebee: mine is the 07/03..Still a few weeks!

21. BeatlesFan629

cherry / 187 posts

@winniebee: My anatomy scan is Feb 13th. Thanks for making the list!

22. winniebee

@mamainthesun: wait what date is it?

23. mamainthesun

apricot / 356 posts

@winniebee: the anatomy scan is the 7th of march !

24. winniebee

@mamainthesun: haha oh ok oops!

25. JennyG

clementine / 912 posts

My anatomy scan is 2/7 and you can add me to team green. With one of each, we're going to wait to find out on this one.

26. mamainthesun

apricot / 356 posts

@JennyG: I'd love to be team green for a third (if!)

27. Calibee

apricot / 286 posts

@winniebee: Fun idea! Mine is February 26.

28. Mrs. J

pomelo / 5132 posts

Mine isn't scheduled yet, but it will be in 6 weeks. So far!

29. JennyG

clementine / 912 posts

@mamainthesun: At my anatomy scan with my second, I actually said to DH, if we have a third, we're not finding out. He was like one at a time honey.

30. mamainthesun

apricot / 356 posts

@JennyG: how far apart are they?

31. JennyG

clementine / 912 posts

@mamainthesun: My youngest is 14 months, so she and this little one will be about 19 months apart.

32. just_ju

cherry / 195 posts

Thanks for the welcome

That list is awesome! Lots of #2 and 3! Exciting

33. Mrs. J

pomelo / 5132 posts

@JennyG: my first two are 20.5 months apart!

34. honey786

grape / 81 posts

I starting feeling movement yesterday at work! It is so weird but I definitely think its the baby because I am feeling the same thing this morning. Its a light tap or flutter. I can't blame it on gas for this long!! Ha ha. Is anyone else feeling the baby move yet?

35. mamainthesun

apricot / 356 posts

@honey786: yes!! I've been definitely feeling him move! It's so lovely ! It makes it more real !

36. winniebee

@honey786: that's awesome! I'm over 17 weeks and have felt some movement if I'm bending down or during ultrasounds. My placenta is in the front though so I'm guessing I won't feel much for another few weeks anyways.

37. BeatlesFan629

cherry / 187 posts

@honey786: So exciting!! I've felt the baby on and off for a little bit now (this is my second, and I felt him much earlier this time around), but every time makes me giddy. I can't wait till he's kicking hard enough for DH to feel!

38. Calibee

apricot / 286 posts

My Babycenter email says baby is having a growth spurt this week (16 weeks), and I believe it. I'm starving today!!

39. Calibee

apricot / 286 posts

@honey786: Exciting!! I think I maybe felt something on Monday, but I'm not totally sure.

40. honey786

grape / 81 posts

I feel a growth spurt coming on too. I am ending my 17th week and all I am craving is sugary treats. I just made chocolate chip cookies. And earlier snacked on bread with Nutella! I want to try to replace with fruit instead. There's always tomorrow.

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee