Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

July 2017 Moms!

1. shellio

pear / 1614 posts

Hello ladies, cautiously joining in...

EDD: July 12

First child? #4! My kids will be 5, 3, 19 mos

Any symptoms? Tired (but see previous question - I'm always tired)

Who have you told? Just hubby and HB

Current thoughts/feelings/fears? Just hoping to make it through the first trimester with a healthy baby!

2. shellio

pear / 1614 posts

@winniebee: Hoping for good news tomorrow!

Darn - I started a second page and don't know how to reply to people without a new message for each response. I will chime in on the discussions! I haven't stopped drinking coffee, I read the studies and the evidence isn't compelling so I just don't go overboard. We will tell the older kids just before we tell everyone else, at the end of the first trimester (I'll be 11 weeks at Christmas). My kids are 22 mos apart and the kids have adjusted well to each new addition - going from 1 to 2 rocked our world but we actually found 2 to 3 an easy transition.

PS I apparently can't do math and I think the 3rd will be 21 mos when the next one arrives? Almost exactly the same spacing as the other 2.

3. winniebee

hostess / wonderful grape / 20803 posts

@pmerr: I'm so sorry. I hope you get some better news tomorrow

4. winniebee

@shellio: thank you! Welcome :). The transition from 1 to 2 was really hard for us, but I was staying home then. Hoping 2-3 is easier!

5. Calibee

apricot / 286 posts

@pmerr: I hope you receive good news tomorrow. How stressful for you...

6. Calibee

apricot / 286 posts

Symptoms haven't been too bad yet. I'm a little tired and get a little nauseous if I forget to eat. I lucked out with pretty mild symptoms when I was pregnant with my daughter. Hoping it's the same this time around.

7. mamainthesun

apricot / 356 posts

I'm hoping you get good news, fingers crossed x

8. enjollah

kiwi / 623 posts

@winniebee: oo exciting! I remember being so excited for the first appointment for each pregnancy. Hope it goes well! Are you seeing the same Doctor you had with your other pregnancies? Because we changed insurances, all 3 are different... I really liked my first doctor though.

@shellio: welcome! And wow 4! I've always wanted a big family and in the beginning wanted 4 kids too... However DH and I will be good with 3 (unless #3 is a boy too and then he's open to try one more time but I'm very hesitant on that..)

@pmerr: sorry to hear.

9. winniebee

My ultrasound went fine! Saw good little heartbeat. 7 weeks today and measuring 6.5 which is what I expected. Cried though whole ultrasound! I'll go back in 2 weeks. My OB is amazing and has offered to see me as often as I want.

10. shellio

pear / 1614 posts

@winniebee: Yay, I was checking all day for an update from you! This is fantastic!

11. winniebee

@pmerr: thinking of you and hoping for a good update

12. mamainthesun

apricot / 356 posts

@winniebee: great news! I was also waiting for an update!

13. pmerr

apricot / 491 posts

Just updating that I got the results back from my OB office. The HCG numbers dropped, which is consistant with a spontaneous abortion. I also have a bladder infection, so she recommended waiting a full cycle to TTC again. I'll be cheering you guys on for healthy babies, but I'm gonna leave the group. It's been so nice to meet you all!

14. shellio

pear / 1614 posts

@pmerr: So sorry for your loss

15. mamainthesun

apricot / 356 posts

@pmerr: I'm so sorry for your loss. Good luck

16. pmerr

apricot / 491 posts

@shellio: @mamainthesun: Thank you!

17. winniebee

@pmerr: I'm so sorry for your loss

18. pmerr

apricot / 491 posts

@winniebee: thank you!

19. Calibee

apricot / 286 posts

@pmerr: I'm so sorry to hear this.

20. Calibee

apricot / 286 posts

@winniebee: I'm so glad that your ultrasound went well! And that your OB will continue to see you often.

21. winniebee

Here is my attempt at our list!

July 2017 Mamas

Purplelilac: 7/1 (#3)
    Winniebee: 7/3 (#3)
    Enjollah: 7/9 (#3)
    Mamainthesun: 7/10 (#2)
    Shelio: 7/12 (#4)
    Calibee: 7/15 (#2)

22. mamainthesun

apricot / 356 posts

@winniebee: yeah!! Makes it look real! I can't wait for the first doc appointment! Still a week and a half

I'm starting to feel nauseous when I haven't had any food in a few hours. And my skin isn't looking too good, a lot more spots than usual!
    Anyone else?!

23. winniebee

@mamainthesun: I need to eat every few hours, absolutely! I had a few bad days of nausea last week. My main issue right now is the intense desire to sleep around 2:00 p.m. every day. My skin is gross too!

24. Calibee

apricot / 286 posts

@mamainthesun: Yes! I am so tired. And if I forget to eat I start to feel really nauseous. I'm on progesterone supplements that are also kicking my booty. My doctor said they would make me feel hungover, and he was totally right.

@winniebee: Thanks for making the list!

25. mamainthesun

apricot / 356 posts

@winniebee: @Calibee: did you have it for your other pregnancies too? Does it automatically get worse ?:silly:

I'm also feeling bloated. But wondering if eating so much isn't going to make me put on weight fast I gained quite a lot with my first and hope to be able to gain less this time round!

26. winniebee

@mamainthesun: haha for me every pregnancy has been a little different. This one is similar to my first where I was really hungry and had bad skin but wasn't terribly nauseous. My middle two pregnancies I had pretty intense nausea but don't recall any skin problems.

27. mamainthesun

apricot / 356 posts

@winniebee: and weight gain? Any tips?

28. winniebee

@mamainthesun: I gained 30 with my two pregnancies that made it to term and was on pace for that with my third pregnancy. And I'm only 5'2 and 110 to start! I work out and don't go bananas eating. But I'm always hungry and my body just knows what it wants to gain. So, no advice

29. mamainthesun

apricot / 356 posts

@winniebee: ha! I'll just hope for the best! I gained twice as much as you! Thank good I lost everything, but I'd like to avoid too much weight gain this time!

30. Calibee

apricot / 286 posts

@mamainthesun: ugh the weight gain! I gained about 35 with my daughter. I'm not down to my pre-pregnancy weight, so hoping for less this time around. But if the baby wants dessert every now and then, who am I to say no?

31. Calibee

apricot / 286 posts

Anyone else still nursing a toddler? I'm still nursing once a day. But I'm thinking I should wean somewhat soon because I am NOT nursing two at the same time. And I don't want it to be a source of jealousy for my daughter. But she doesn't appear interested in giving it up any time soon!!

32. shellio

pear / 1614 posts

@Calibee: I quit nursing my 13 mo old last week. She didn't care about it one way or another but she is probably younger than yours? I read that BFing was associated with a slightly increased risk of miscarriage plus she sometimes bites me so it wasn't a tough decision I know there are plenty of people who happily BF throughout pregnancy and go on to tandem nurse later!

33. mamainthesun

apricot / 356 posts

@Calibee: haha never so no to dessert it's bad luck!
    As for the nursing, I stopped a while ago so no advice. But I did read somewhere that pregnancy changes your milk and that some children stop nursing because of the different taste. I don't know how true it is though and don't remember where I read it.

Anyone have any suggestions for healthy quick snacks? Preferably that can be eaten while driving?

34. winniebee

@mamainthesun: I keep nuts, granola bar, apple, and nutrigrain bar in my purse at all times

35. mamainthesun

apricot / 356 posts

@winniebee: good ideas! I should have a stash in the car!

36. purplelilac

grape / 89 posts

I had my first appt today and it went well! I am following the OB from my first two pregnancies to her new practice so it was my first time there today. The ultrasound potion of the exam was quick and poor quality, but we saw a little beating heart so I'll take it. It also sounds like I may be up to a week further along than initially thought, so here is to hoping I have a June baby this time around. But I'll stick around this board since my official due date will stay July 1 (since it's only a few days/week I didn't think a special dating ultrasound was necessary).

I can second all the sentiments above- naseous when i don't eat, ready for a nap at 1pm every day, and certainly feeling bigger each night. I have a feeling I will be looking pregnant much earlier this Time around.

One other thing- I feel like my ab muscles have already left me. I can barely do some an exercises that were easy for me 2 months ago. Anyone else?

37. mamainthesun

apricot / 356 posts

@purplelilac: great that your appointment went well!
    Can't help you with the abs questions as I don't have any!!

38. shellio

pear / 1614 posts

@purplelilac: This is my 4th pregnancy in 4.5 years and I am pretty sure there are no ab muscles left in there. I've been doing Pilates which I hope will help me with the back pain and also trying to make time to consistently do yoga. I have a few pregnancy workout videos that I've always found great. Happy to pass on recommendations if anyone is interested. (I worked out a lot with my first... a little with my second... not at all with my third, hoping to do better this time around.)

39. mamainthesun

apricot / 356 posts

@shellio: would love to get recommendations! Especially if you did them with a toddler and pregnant!

40. winniebee

@purplelilac: I work out regularly but once I am pregnant I cease all core workouts (even know I know it is safe). So I've got no muscle at the moment either My DD is also 7/3 but I tend to have my kids 2 weeks early so I'll probably end up being June too.

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee