Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

July 2018 POAS

1. Kaohinani

grapefruit / 4144 posts

@LBarn: Oooh, tricky situation! You could always leave early, pick up FRERs on the way to meeting with your friend then test in the powder room. If it is BFP, then share! If it is a BFN, you can keep it to yourself (no one the wiser) and enjoy your visit. Hey - It MAY, indeed, be a sign! FX'd for you, whatever you choose to do. πŸ˜€

2. Kaohinani

grapefruit / 4144 posts

@Sams Mom: I blame the Clomid 100 for my last (freaky) cycle. Lol. Triphasic chart, 3 large follicles and none that implanted, unusual symptoms, no period until 19 dpo ... crazy! Maybe it tweaked yours a bit as well? πŸ€” Anyway, definitely ask about a HSG. I met a lady in waiting room (who was pregnant with TWINS) and it happened NATURALLY after her HSG after 20 mos trying and 4 rounds of Clomid! What a blessing! I'm in no way saying I believe this happens to most people or will even happen to me BUT, even there is even .01% of a chance, I'm taking it! πŸ˜‰.

3. Sams Mom

grapefruit / 4492 posts

@Kaohinani: I joke that with my luck, my husband and I will be granted guardianship of my 8 year old cousin right as twins decide to implant.

Is there a specific CD range that you have to do the HSG within?

4. Kaohinani

grapefruit / 4144 posts

@Sams Mom: Yes, my OBGYN said his office prefers to do them between cd 7-10. One has to have completed her AF and not be in the ovulatory phase yet.

5. Sams Mom

grapefruit / 4492 posts

@Kaohinani: good to know, thank you!

6. Kaohinani

grapefruit / 4144 posts

@Sams Mom: Hey, would it be "soooo" bad to be blessed with twins and your cousin? πŸ˜‰. You'd have your hands full with 4 under 9 BUT, people have done it (successfully) before and I'm certain you'd be amazing at juggling it all. πŸ˜€

7. Sams Mom

grapefruit / 4492 posts

@Kaohinani: the worst part would me the parenting alone 4 days a week while my husband is on shift. I don't know if I'm cut out for that.

8. Kaohinani

grapefruit / 4144 posts

@Sams Mom: I absolutely understand (and I have done it with one child during deployments and two kids during training which can last over 30 days) but, I believe, if it were meant to be, you would be fine. You would be amazing since you care, can multitask, and have a need to be a "mommy." It would work itself out. πŸ˜‰πŸ˜€

9. Kaohinani

grapefruit / 4144 posts

So, I absolutely know that this [rant] probably deserves it's own board but I feel more comfortable with you ladies on the ttc POAS board (and it absolutely has to do with ttc).
    Here goes:

I got off of the phone with my s-i-l (of whom I adore). She is 10 years older than I and has 2 children in their mid-20s. We were speaking casually but the conversation veered to fertility and she was surprised to hear my husband and I were still trying. She stated that while not her business, at our age we should be putting more money towards our kids' to attend college and our retirement than worrying about a third. She also stated that with my health issues (and "advanced maternal age"), since I'd have [another] high-risk pregnancy, I should not even try especially since it could "potentially" leave my husband a widow with children to watch over. She also said that she doesn't know if we are ready for a 3rd since my son has special needs. I told her that I love her, respect her opinion and appreciate her concern but we are fine as a family. I told her that my children never came on a schedule or when life was ready for them but, if we were to have one more, this one would be planned. I also said that I am aware that life never works out as planned so my husband and I have discussed everything we have to. She seemed pleased with my responses but still was not thrilled we have been ttc. This upsets me that I do not have her support (or of a few more family members who all believe we should have given up after a year). I'm just frustrated.

10. Sams Mom

grapefruit / 4492 posts

@Kaohinani: As long as you and your husband are on the same page, it doesn't matter what anyone else thinks (maybe your doctor has a little more say than everyone else... but other than that, no one).

If you both feel you are capable of taking care of a 3rd, then there is nothing wrong with trying.

As to being AMA, yes that can raise chances of complications or birth defects/genetic anomalies, but I'm sure you and your husband are aware of any risks and have discussed it accordingly.

I'm sure if you get pregnant they will love the baby, and support you; but you just might not have their support leading up to it unfortunately.

If she tries to push it any further tell her to suck it... but that's just me.

11. LBarn

olive / 64 posts

So I decided to take a test in the restaurant bathroom while out to dinner with my friend... I took this picture an hour or so after the test (after we ate) so it definitely looks darker than it probably really is but it’s positive! I’m cautious since it’s early but obviously thrilled. And now I’ll have to wait until I see my husband on Friday to tell him!

12. yellowbeach

nectarine / 2648 posts

@LBarn: Whoah that's super - no denying that, even if it was taken an hour after the test. Congrats!

13. Sams Mom

grapefruit / 4492 posts

@LBarn: now that's a positive!!! Congratulations!!!

14. EmmaNZ

grape / 86 posts

@LBarn: that is super duper positive!!! Huge congratulations. I just love seeing positive tests. Let us know how it goes sharing news with DH! Did you tell your friend?

I really really really hope that's what my test looks like next week. I'm 8 dpo and patiently patiently patiently waiting..... I've had the roughest week.... daughter has gastro... it's the middle of winter here and freezing and dark. And I had a huge wave of sadness this week about our 2nd daughter . It makes me wonder if I'm not really ready to carry again but I so badly want to be pregnant again and hopefully being a life into this world

15. EmmaNZ

grape / 86 posts

@Kaohinani: that's none of her business! Sorry she intruded. She should have backed off as soon as you made noises that you and your husband were pleased with your choice. Hopefully that's the last of her helpful advice and she has the message now

16. EmmaNZ

grape / 86 posts

Hurry up next 5 days so I can POAS already!! Do you think 9 days P.O. is hopelessly early?!?!??!?!

17. EmmaNZ

grape / 86 posts

****willpower wavering ******** πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

18. Kaohinani

grapefruit / 4144 posts

@Sams Mom: Thanks for replying. I agree with you ... I was just so upset and stunned that someone I care about and respect so much had the gaul to tell me (a highly educated ADULT) that I should not be trying for another baby. Oh, well, people all have unique opinions ... as to whether or not the keep them to themselves is another story, eh? Thank you again.

19. Kaohinani

grapefruit / 4144 posts

@LBarn: What a beautiful positive! Congratulations! πŸŽ‡πŸŽˆπŸŽ‰πŸŽŠ. I'm so excited for you! πŸ’—

20. Kaohinani

grapefruit / 4144 posts

@EmmaNZ: Thank you. I hope so but I truly wished to be respectful as she is such a sweet person, and, I believe, means well. I think the execution of her message came across a bit harsh and intrusive but [I choose to believe] she was trying to be "big sisterly." Unfortunately, my husband and I are adults and have thought this through (til the cats came home! Lol) so we are determined. πŸ˜€

P.S. I got my BFP with my son at 9 dpo. I must have implanted at 6 dpo for that to have happened. 9 is fairly early but, if you "know" and "really, truly feel pregnant" at 9 dpo, you can test. If it is BFP, AWESOME! ... But, if not, don't get too discouraged since (statistically) most women implant on days 8 or 9 which would yield a decent BFP by 12 dpo. πŸ˜€

21. LBarn

olive / 64 posts

Thank you all so much!

@EmmaNZ: I did tell my friend. We decided that I should go take the test in the middle of dinner so I could at least get a drink if it was negative. Hoping you see a positive very soon! I forced myself to wait it out to test but it’s so hard!

Hoping to see lots of positives this months! Good luck everyone.

22. RDHBee

pea / 8 posts

Spilling over from the June boards. First thanks so much everyone. And second, do you guys think I have a bad batch of Wandfo’s? First pic is yesterday and middle is today’s, with a clear positive on a FRER. Shouldn’t the wandfo from today be darker? I think I’m super paranoid of having another chemical.

23. Kaohinani

grapefruit / 4144 posts

@RDHBee: Congrats! πŸŽŠπŸŽ‰πŸŽˆπŸŒŒ (I didn't even know the June board was still "active." Lol. πŸ˜‚) The FRER is gorgeous! I believe FRER is 6.5 miu and Wondfos are 20 miu so either you have lower concentrations of HCG and caught the pregnancy early (β€’ The FRER would catch a really early BFP but you'd have to wait for HCG to build on the Wondfos) OR, you may have, indeed, gotten a "bum" package of HPTs which will only show slight positives at best. Regardless, Congrats!

24. Mrs. Oreo

pear / 1677 posts

@RDHBee: congratulations!!! My Wondfos in the morning were a little bit darker than yours, but my FRER in the afternoon was SUPER dark, so def a different sensitivity level.

25. Mrs. Oreo

pear / 1677 posts

@LBarn: ummm, beautiful lines! Congrats!!!

26. dc yoga bee

grapefruit / 4770 posts

@RDHBee: no need to keep testing, those are great lines!

27. Sams Mom

grapefruit / 4492 posts

@RDHBee: wondfo has a much higher sensitivity level, you're definitely pregnant.

28. starlitsky

clementine / 795 posts

@LBarn: @RDHBee: congratulations!!!

29. starlitsky

clementine / 795 posts

Rolling over from June...

Cycle Day: 7
    TTC Cycle: 2
    Ovulation Date: 7/19
    POAS Date: 7/29
    Baby #: 2

My postpartum cycles continue to be unpredictable... Last cycle I ovulated on CD30, the cycle before was CD22 and before that CD31, so I may ovulate as early as 7/19 or as late as 7/27-28. πŸ€·β€β™€οΈ I guess I’ll start with 7/19 and go from there!

30. Sams Mom

grapefruit / 4492 posts

So I'm 15 dpo, halfway into my second day of being late; but still getting negatives.

31. Jessiemuller88

clementine / 973 posts

Cycle Day: 12
    TTC Cycle: 4th -I had a chemical pregnancy last cycle.
    Ovulation Date: no clue. I typically don’t ovulate on my own, and my doctor wanted me to wait a cycle before starting Femara again. She said it was ok to try on our own this month, so fingers crossed I will ovulate.
    POAS Date: July 23rd
    Baby #: 2

Good luck ladies!
    @LBarn: @RDHBee: congratulations!!!

32. Kaohinani

grapefruit / 4144 posts

@Sams Mom: Frustrating! πŸ˜’ Last cycle had me feeling the same ... Like; where's my AF if I can't get my BFP!?! You want AF to come on so you can [finally] move on to the next darn cycle! Honestly, I'm still blaming it all on the Clomid 100. Pre-Clomid, my Luteal Phase was 11 - 12 days. On 50, it went to 14 days, and on 100, well, you know the story... Maybe your situation is the same? 😯

33. Kaohinani

grapefruit / 4144 posts

@Jessiemuller88: Good luck this cycle, hun!

34. Sams Mom

grapefruit / 4492 posts

July 2018 POAS

Sam's Mom: 7/1
    LBARN: 7/7
    EmmaNZ: 7/8
    MegPie: 7/9
    Milpa: 7/13
    LAZB: 7/16
    SkinnyCow: 7/23
    JessieMuller88: 7/23
    Sam's Mom: 7/25
    MDF106: 7/25
    Kaohinani: 7/28
    Lahela017: 7/29
    StarLitSky: 7/29

Best of luck to everyone this month!

LBARN RDHBee

35. Jessiemuller88

clementine / 973 posts

@Kaohinani: thank you! I’m rooting for you too!

36. MilPA

olive / 51 posts

Ugh, why does my body have to do weird things mid-cycle. I’m spotting a little. Day 16, 3 DPO. I don’t usually spot at all... on a separate note, happy Fourth of July!

37. Kaohinani

grapefruit / 4144 posts

@MilPA: Happy 4th to you as well! πŸŽ†πŸŽ‡πŸ˜€

38. Sams Mom

grapefruit / 4492 posts

@Kaohinani: the bad thing is I spotted one singular spot yesterday (I don't spot for days, just a couple hours before I start), so I called to make my Clomid check appointment since it would be tight with the holiday. Well, haven't started yet, appointment is tomorrow afternoon and I don't know if I should ride it out and see if I start, or email/call to cancel

39. EmmaNZ

grape / 86 posts

@RDHBee: beautiful! Congrats!

40. EmmaNZ

grape / 86 posts

@Sams Mom: that is so odd and frustrating for you!

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee