Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

July 2018 POAS

1. Sams Mom

grapefruit / 4492 posts

@LBarn: I would think it's probably from sex, and if it stops soon it probably was. I would definitely contact your OB's office if it persisted though just to be sure.
    ------------
    Well, I'm back among the living today. 2 bags of fluids and nearly 4 liters of Pedialyte later; I was finally able to eat this evening for the first time since Thursday night (with the aid of Zofran)

2. Kaohinani

grapefruit / 4144 posts

@Sams Mom: So glad to read that you are feeling better! 😀

3. Kaohinani

grapefruit / 4144 posts

For those of you ladies whom have used Clomid -

Have any of you had weight gain? Within 2 mos, I'm up 10-lbs. 😕. (From 108 to 118 and mostly in the middle!!! I look like I have a small baby bump!...Which is frustrating because I'm not pregnant!) I'm kinda glad my OBGYN has me taking a month off. It has been the ONLY change in my lifestyle in the last 2-1/2 mos. I'm not ravenously eating. I'm an active person. What is going on?!? Is it just me? My OBGYN said minor weight gain and bloat is common but, come on, I stepped on the scale this morning after being unable to comfortably put on a pair of pants I wore few weeks back and - BAM! 😱 This can't be bloat. Anyone else go through ANYTHING like this?

4. LBarn

olive / 64 posts

@Sams Mom: glad you could finally eat something and are doing better

I ended up calling a close friend who’s an OB (she delivered my first) and told her I’m pregnant and asked about the spotting. She said not to worry unless it turns into heavy bleeding... made me feel better for now!

5. Kaohinani

grapefruit / 4144 posts

@LBarn: I'm so glad you checked into it and everything is fine! 🙂 I figured it would be but it is always better to be safe than sorry.

6. dc yoga bee

grapefruit / 4770 posts

@Kaohinani: I didn’t have any weight gain or increased appetite from clomid. It did give me intense nausea which I’m prone to anyways. The side effects vary widely with it though!

7. Kaohinani

grapefruit / 4144 posts

@dc yoga bee: Thanks for the reply. Everyone appears to have different side effects from Clomid ... It is amazing! I'm going insane over this weight (especially since I have nothing to show for it yet) and I'm physically uncomfortable. I feel like I'm the only one that has gotten weight gain from Clomid. Oh well, I suppose it could be worse. Thanks again. 💜

8. Sams Mom

grapefruit / 4492 posts

@Kaohinani: I've found some lbs, but I don't know that I can directly blame the Clomid. I guess if I gain more on the 150 mg I'll know to blame it 😋

9. megpie

coffee bean / 44 posts

Looks like I’m out on 9 DPO (thinking I O’d a day earlier than I thought because it makes more sense that this would be 10 DPO). On to the next cycle! Good luck ladies xoxo

Edit: changed CD to DPO .. oops!

10. MamaBear87

nectarine / 2288 posts

Cycle Day: 6
    TTC Cycle: 8
    Ovulation Date: July 18th
    POAS Date: July 30th
    Baby #: 2, our daughter is 2.5

I was so hopeful last month but back on the rollercoaster I go

11. MamaBear87

nectarine / 2288 posts

@megpie: did you start your period? And are you only having a 9-10 day luteal phase? Cd usually refers to cycle day, dpo would be days past on (your lp length)

12. megpie

coffee bean / 44 posts

@MamaBear87: oops! I definitely meant DPO, not CD. And yup my average luteal phase length is usually only 10-11 days. I’m spotting today which usually means AF will be here tomorrow, so I guess I’m not totally out yet!

13. Sams Mom

grapefruit / 4492 posts

July 2018 POAS

Sam's Mom: 7/1
    LBARN: 7/7
    EmmaNZ: 7/8
    MegPie: 7/9
    Milpa: 7/13
    LAZB: 7/16
    Magnolia: 7/16
    SkinnyCow: 7/23
    JessieMuller88: 7/23
    MDF106: 7/25
    SamsMom: 7/27
    Kaohinani: 7/28
    Lahela017: 7/29
    StarLitSky: 7/29
    MamaBear87: 7/30

Best of luck to everyone this month!

LBARN RDHBee EmmaNZ

14. Sams Mom

grapefruit / 4492 posts

@MamaBear87: we ovulate on the same day this month!... As long as 150 mg of clomid doesn't throw me for a loop

15. EmmaNZ

grape / 86 posts

@megpie: sorry about that... hope next month is luckier for you.

@MamaBear87: good luck this month!

This is a comparison 11 vs 13 DPO.... Really trying to stay positive. I thought the two week wait was long but I can already tell waiting for a first ultrasound will seem like an eternity!

16. crazydoglady

nectarine / 2431 posts

@EmmaNZ: That's a BEAUTIFUL progression!

17. Kaohinani

grapefruit / 4144 posts

@Sams Mom: Thanks for your response. 🙋 If you could get back to me and tell me if you think the Clomid [150] was a direct catalyst for weight gain this month, I'd be grateful. 🙏 I just don't feel like "me" with this extra "stuffing" for no discernable reason ... Know what I mean? 😉
    ➡ Incidentally, last night, I got a nearly POS OPK and, this morning, my CBEDA was peak (@ CD 10) so I guess my cycle has shifted [again]. I will test around noon with another OPK to determine a definitive surge and keep temping to check for OV. My NEW, and improved test date (for the board) will be July 23rd. 💜

@Megpie: Hoping you aren't actually out this month! F'x. 😊

@Mamabear87: While I'm bummed you didn't get your BFP last month, it is nice to see you on the board! 😀

@EmmaNZ: Wow! Beautiful progression on those HPTs! 💛

18. bhbee

cantaloupe / 6086 posts

@EmmaNZ: that looks awesome!

@Kaohinani: thread crashing to say I definitely gained some weight on clomid (I’ve done about 8 lifetime rounds), but I was never sure that it was directly the drugs or more a result of the mental state it (and IF in general) put me in - between mood swings, hot flashes, not feeling like myself, feeling like it would never work ... I figured that took a toll on my daily choices. But it may have just been the drugs too! I hope this next round does it for you!

19. skinnycow

pear / 1728 posts

@EmmaNZ: Those look great!

20. Kaohinani

grapefruit / 4144 posts

@bhbee: Thank you for "crashing!" 😀😉 I absolutely appreciate your response. I believe it to be the Clomid for me as there have not been any other variables (change in diet, activities, etc) that would contribute to my gain. I hope this month's HSG did the trick for me. Thanks again! 🙏💙

21. skinnycow

pear / 1728 posts

CD14 so I should be ovulating today (though I haven't been using OPKs).

I threw a baby shower for my sister yesterday and got so many annoying comments. My grandma said "I thought for sure you were going to tell me you were pregnant today," as I'm sitting there drinking wine... and many others commenting that the next baby/shower will be mine. All of these people know I had a miscarriage and badly want another baby.

22. MamaBear87

nectarine / 2288 posts

@skinnycow: well that's crappy. People really just don't think about what they're saying

23. Kaohinani

grapefruit / 4144 posts

@skinnycow: I'm so sorry you had to go through that! 😕😵😡. Honestly, it is no one's business, even if they do mean well. I get the: "Well, you already have two and have had so many health issues, why don't you stop trying?" baloney (from friends and family who know of our fertility struggle) OR the "You and J make such adorable kids! Have you thought of having a 3rd?!" (from those who are trying to be sweet but have no clue we've been trying for over 2.5 years!). People can [unknowingly] be so insensitive sometimes.
    Sending hugs your way.

24. MamaBear87

nectarine / 2288 posts

@Sams Mom: haha cycle buddies 😂 I'm debating if I'm going to do opks this cycle as my temps keep being sorta weird

@EmmaNZ: @Kaohinani: thanks!

25. Sams Mom

grapefruit / 4492 posts

@MamaBear87: I'm going the opposite direction, I think I'm going to start temping again tomorrow... ahhhhh

26. MamaBear87

nectarine / 2288 posts

@Sams Mom: doesn't clomid artificially raise your bbt? But I think it also can mess with opks so I guess the meds might make everything wonky.

27. MamaBear87

nectarine / 2288 posts

Getting ava to re-look at my cycle last month looks like I didn't o until cd19. Because of course my body can't get the same deal down 2 months in a row.

28. Sams Mom

grapefruit / 4492 posts

@MamaBear87: I have tested the OPK thing, and it doesn't give me false positives; but I know a lot of women have got false positives... I'm just weird. Clomid did shift my temps up, but the pattern remained consistent.

I wish I could O after CD 14, I feel like Clomid is pushing me to the bare minimum but not any further. I had 30 day cycles pre baby, and then I had Nexplanon for a year after my son was born. Sometimes I wonder if I should have never done a birth control or it was the postpartum in general that shortened my cycles.

29. Kaohinani

grapefruit / 4144 posts

@MamaBear87: Clomid ABSOLUTELY raises one's core temp which affects bbt. It's even evident in my current chart (Note - this cycle I'm not on Clomid but the last 2 I was). The majority of my temps are .5 to a full degree lower this cycle than they were on my medicated cycles. FF is all over the place! Lol

30. MamaBear87

nectarine / 2288 posts

@Sams Mom: i never tracked before my little but had pretty perfect 28 day cycles. It's frustrating now not knowing if I always ovulated around cd16 and only had 11-12 day lps or if it's new and that's what's keeping us from getting pregnant. I know 10 or longer should be fine it's just I keep looking for a reason

@Kaohinani: it does still look like you get a biphasic shift so that's good. I'm so envious of all these women that never have to track all this stuff

As a cute tidbit for this morning we just brought home our new puppy

31. Sams Mom

grapefruit / 4492 posts

@MamaBear87: awwwww, so cute!

ETA: I am always looking for a reason! I drive myself crazy doing it too I mean my son is the product of no more tracking than knowing that I ovulated around X day and to avoid it like the plague (obviously I lost track of when X day was since I got pregnant). I also envy anyone that doesn't have to track and gets pregnant quickly.

32. Kaohinani

grapefruit / 4144 posts

@MamaBear87: That puppy is absolutely melt-worthy adorable! 🐕💞

33. MamaBear87

nectarine / 2288 posts

@Sams Mom: yep my daughter was a month 1 trying baby. Haha my husband worked from home at the time so we just had all the sex. It's so mind boggling that now we've got nothing

34. MamaBear87

nectarine / 2288 posts

@Kaohinani: @Sams Mom: I'm sure 2 dogs will eventually be easier but currently our exuberant older dog, who's almost 2, just keeps freaking her out wanting to play so bad

35. Sams Mom

grapefruit / 4492 posts

@MamaBear87: O it's coming, once that puppy gets comfortable with the bigger dog it is on like donkey kong. They will run over anything and anyone chasing and playing.

We were newlyweds (not that sex was anything new for us ), so yeaaaa all the sex

36. MamaBear87

nectarine / 2288 posts

@Sams Mom: lol that's my concern. It's the heat of summer here so the poor things may end up crated more than I'd like because they're already knocking stuff over in the house

37. Sams Mom

grapefruit / 4492 posts

@MamaBear87: get a kiddie pool for the backyard for when they are outside running it off. Or turn on the sprinkler for them and your daughter to play in.

38. Sams Mom

grapefruit / 4492 posts

@MamaBear87: my dog treats his like a puppy spa

39. MamaBear87

nectarine / 2288 posts

@Sams Mom: we have pop up sprinklers and a kiddie pool would totally breed mosquitoes but I might try and grab a cheap sprinkler for them. Cinnamon our older dog eats hoses though so it's super annoying to have to drag the hose out of the pool yard and back.

Currently have to send cinnamon outside so Sugar can get a nap though so should work out for the time being

40. Kaohinani

grapefruit / 4144 posts

We have a Lab-pit mix (8-mos) and a Patterdale terrier (5-years) ... boy, do they keep us busy! (Love my fur-baby daughters, though. Lol)

Incidentally, I think this board has taken a definite detour now that we are discussing our pup-babies and not POAS, cycles, or human babies! 😉 Lol 😂😂😂

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee