Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

July 2018 POAS

1. paranundrum

clementine / 811 posts

Hi, I'm hoping you have room for one more so here goes.

Cycle Day: 15
    TTC Cycle: No idea, we have been TTC on and off (mostly on) since May 2013.
    Ovulation Date: Hopefully tomorrow or the day after that, OPK was looking good last night.
    POAS Date: Probably 25th or 26th if AF doesn't start before. I also tend to get cold feet when it comes to testing so not really sure right now.
    Baby #: 1

I was lurking in the June thread and was so hopeful last cycle. It was a weird one for me, my bbt stayed up for 13 days and I also started spotting really late. Usually I know it's all over by 10 or 11 DPO - no luck unfortunately and I really felt let down so I thought it might be nice to have some support this time around.

I wasn't going to say anything before my ovulation time was certain but then you pulled out the puppy pictures and I couldn't stay away. So me and my cattle dog are joining in. Hi.

2. Kaohinani

grapefruit / 4144 posts

@paranundrum: Welcome (to you and your adorable cattle dog! ... LOVE his "smile." 🐢) and best of luck this cycle!

3. Sams Mom

grapefruit / 4492 posts

@paranundrum: Welcome! We always have room for one or ten more people!

Your pup is adorable too

4. Sams Mom

grapefruit / 4492 posts

July 2018 POAS

Sam's Mom: 7/1
    LBARN: 7/7
    EmmaNZ: 7/8
    MegPie: 7/9
    Elm5066: 7/12
    Milpa: 7/13
    LAZB: 7/16
    Magnolia: 7/16
    SkinnyCow: 7/23
    JessieMuller88: 7/23
    Kaohinani: 7/23
    MDF106: 7/25
    Paranundrum: 7/25
    SamsMom: 7/27
    Lahela017: 7/29
    StarLitSky: 7/29
    MamaBear87: 7/30

Best of luck to everyone this month!

LBARN RDHBee EmmaNZ

5. Kaohinani

grapefruit / 4144 posts

Man, talk about a quick drop in LH on OV day! From 9.3 (LH surge) to a measly 2.5 in about 24 hours ... Sheesh!

Incidentally, has anyone ever OV'd early (* I'm at CD 11!) and come out with sticky BFP?!?
    I'm losing faith in this month -- I think the HSG (and lack of Clomid) reset my cycle and I'm back to 23/24 days instead of 28/29 days. Bummer. πŸ˜• Hoping the follicle [and ovum] would have ample time to develop. πŸ€” Trying to keep positive because it is still unbelievably early in my cycle and, besides, weirder things have happened, I suppose. πŸ˜‰

6. MamaBear87

nectarine / 2288 posts

@paranundrum: welcome! Your dog is adorable

@Kaohinani: i think it's pretty normal for your lh to drop off pretty fast after the surge.

7. MamaBear87

nectarine / 2288 posts

We had a monsoon last night and it's still muggy and I got 3 more mosquito bites from being out with the dogs around 10am. I'm dying of itchyness. Mosquitos love me since I've had my daughter and I already had about 15 bites from our vacation. You'd think I'd be better about mosquito repellant πŸ˜‚πŸ˜­

8. Sams Mom

grapefruit / 4492 posts

@Kaohinani: I'm surprised your cycle reverted so fast. I skipped a month of clomid the cycle before last and still O'd on CD 14 instead of hopping back to CD12.

I wouldn't stress about it though, you were already kind of prepared for this one to be a one off with the HSG and isn't your husband out of town for some of it? I know this is all easier said than done though. :\

9. Sams Mom

grapefruit / 4492 posts

@MamaBear87: I HATE mosquito bites!!! I get a giant welt and they itch like crazy, and I'm severely allergic to DEET. Thankfully there are finally some effect DEET free repellents. Try chiggerex if you haven't already, it's amazing for itch relief!

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Chiggerex-Benzocaine-Ointment-1-75-Oz/25876518

10. MamaBear87

nectarine / 2288 posts

@Sams Mom: I've tried every single topical cream and they do zero for me. Ive found that taking a claritin is the only thing that helps. I also get the giant welts, so attractive! I just hate how all the bug repellents smell so I tend to avoid them

11. Kaohinani

grapefruit / 4144 posts

@Sams Mom: I'm surprised as well! I figured the HSG would flush my system and being off the Clomid for a month wouldn't matter TOO much. I guess the 5 days that Clomid stretches my Follicular phase (* I always have a 12-14 day Luteal phase) really was significant and entirely dependant on the medication. Oh, and, yes, my husband leaves for 16 days of training on the 14th (which would have been my "Clomid OV day" and is my CD 15). I had figured I'd still be on-track with my past 2 cycles so I assumed we'd miss my OV date and would simply have to BD like bunnies the 3 days before and at 3 am before he left on the 14th. Now that my cycle ran so early, we have been able to BD with a little less stress. Of course, now I'm worried it may be an anovulatory cycle or one that may not result in a BFP no matter what since, statistically, OV before CD 12 usually does not yield a properly matured ovum. πŸ˜•. Spoke with my best friend today and she said it may be meant to be that I OV'd early and she has heard of early sticky OV babies. Her cousin AND her friend, Beth, we're success stories. Hearing that made me feel a freckle's bit better SO, I'm going to try to think positively and go along with her notion. πŸ˜‰

@Mamabear87: My surges ( like my BBT temps) are usually slow climbers/ascenters and descenders so such a sudden drop took me by surprise. I know I do [usually] have only 12-18 hours between my surge and OV (most people are 12-48 hrs) so maybe the 9.3 LH was caught at the tail end. IDK.

12. Sams Mom

grapefruit / 4492 posts

@Kaohinani: Hey, early O might be the one that sticks since you were able to cover your fertile week! There is always a chance as long as you're BDing

13. Sams Mom

grapefruit / 4492 posts

I can't find my thermometer... So I guess that means another no temping month. I should probably shakedown the small human's room to cover my bases. I found one of my husband's patrol flashlights in the warming drawer of the oven this weekend that he has been looking for for weeks.

14. Kaohinani

grapefruit / 4144 posts

@Sams Mom: Thanks! F'X.

Lol. You need to locate that thing! How are you supposed to track OV if little Mr. StickyFingers keeps swiping stuff!?! πŸ€”πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚. Maybe he is trying to sabotage you making him a sibling?! πŸ˜‰.

15. Sams Mom

grapefruit / 4492 posts

@Kaohinani: I have the cutest video of me asking if he wants a brother or sister. He says yes to both. Then I ask if he can't have both, what does he want. He answers both, but then says yes to sister only.

He will NOT be happy when some of the attention is taken from him, but he'll come around... hopefully

16. Kaohinani

grapefruit / 4144 posts

@Sams Mom: Awe! That sounds absolutely adorable! πŸ’ž. I'm a first born (10 years older than my sister and 13-3/4 older than my brother) and we get over it pretty quickly. I'm sure (especially with a closer age difference) he will be an awesome big brother ... Even if he HAS to share the limelight. Lol

17. MamaBear87

nectarine / 2288 posts

@Sams Mom: I have 2 thermometers that are just sitting if you'd like them!

18. Sams Mom

grapefruit / 4492 posts

@MamaBear87: Let me take a look see in his tricycle and regular hidey holes tonight, if I don't find it I will definitely take you up on one of them

thank you

19. megpie

coffee bean / 44 posts

Annnnd I’m out now! AF finally showed up. See you ladies (but hopefully not ) on the August boards! Good luck!

20. Kaohinani

grapefruit / 4144 posts

1 dpo and my nips already feel like I have glass shards in them. 😧😬😱. Temps up .50 as well which is exciting. (I suspect this may be a "fun cycle" [* dripping with playful sarcasm 😏]). Lol. Early OV, a speedy LH drop, and a quick rise in Progesterone... the TWW Rollercoaster 🎒 just sped off down the rails! Throwing my hands up and waiting for the end of the ride. πŸ™† Lol.

21. Sams Mom

grapefruit / 4492 posts

@megpie: O no! I'm sorry

@Kaohinani: hey, maybe it will be good fun! fingers crossed for you this month!

22. Kaohinani

grapefruit / 4144 posts

@Sams Mom: Thanks, @Sams Mom! F'x!

Hoping you have a lucky month as well!
    On a side note, did you ever locate the bbt thermometer your little stash-monkey hid? πŸ™ˆπŸ˜‚

23. LAZB

pomegranate / 3904 posts

Hi ladies, I’m back! Had a great vacation, and now I’m back home and 7/8 dpo. For those of you that have done trigger shots, do you count ovulation one or two days after the trigger? When I did the trigger at night the last two months I counted it two days later, but this time I did it at lunch time, so maybe only one day?
    It doesn’t really matter, I just deciding if I should test Sunday or Monday with confidence the trigger will be gone

24. Sams Mom

grapefruit / 4492 posts

@LAZB: welcome back! sorry, but I am of no help to your trigger question. Have you ever tested yours out to know how long you take to get it out personally?

25. Sams Mom

grapefruit / 4492 posts

Holy crap, the insomnia, hot flashes, and wanting to eat everything is not treating me well so far.

26. foodiebee

kiwi / 662 posts

@LAZB: Delurking (old username afc061018) to say that I don't think it matters what time of day you use it, you'd still count forward between 24-36 hours for O. I temped every time I used a trigger and had a distinct rise either 24 or 36 hours later. It varied by month.

27. LAZB

pomegranate / 3904 posts

@Sams Mom: thanks I kind of did the first month, but it’s supposed to vary each month
    @foodiebee: thanks for popping in I know it’s 24-36 hours, but that would mean I ovulated between 1 pm on Tuesday and 1 am on Wednesday. I’ll probably go with 8 dpo today lol

28. MamaBear87

nectarine / 2288 posts

@Sams Mom: sorry the hot flashes are yucky!

@LAZB: I'd just wait for period to show or not but I know you're less patient than me πŸ˜‚

In my weirdness of the day someone stole our trash can! Like wth?! Of course we just got a brand new one, but neighbors also have new ones so it's not like ours was lonely. Have to wait until Friday for another πŸ˜‚

29. Kaohinani

grapefruit / 4144 posts

@LAZB: Hi! So glad to read you had a great vacation! πŸ˜€. I asked my best friend (who used trigger to conceive her son AND whose mother is a nurse at an OBGYN's office) about dpo after a trigger (I'm not sure if you are doing an IUI so you'd also have to count dpi), but she stated that the trigger is designed to make you ovulate 36 hours after the shot. It may also occur sooner if you've started surging on your own before the shot was administered. For most women, it takes between 9 & 11 days for the trigger to leave the system and either yield a BFN or a TRUE BFP on a HPT. F'X you get your BFP!!!
    I hope my response was helpful. πŸ™‚

30. Kaohinani

grapefruit / 4144 posts

@foodiebee: I love your new user name! Too cute!

31. Kaohinani

grapefruit / 4144 posts

@MamaBear87: Who the h*ll does that?!? πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚. I mean, seriously, what are they going to do with it?! ... Were they that hard up for a trash receptacle? πŸ€”πŸ™„πŸ˜’πŸ˜‚

32. LAZB

pomegranate / 3904 posts

@MamaBear87: lol, but with my progesterone supplement it won’t show on its own!
    @Kaohinani: thanks! I think Sunday should be good then that will be 13 dpt

33. Sams Mom

grapefruit / 4492 posts

@MamaBear87: wow. people suck!

someone stole our blue lightbulbs out of our garage light sconces last month. yes it was probably some jackwagon teenagers, but I had had those for 3 years from a fundraiser for a wounded cop.

34. foodiebee

kiwi / 662 posts

@LAZB: OH! I completely misunderstood your question. My RE told me it's safe to test 14 days post trigger.

@MamaBear87: We've had our trashcan stolen once too! So weird.

@Kaohinani: Thank you!

35. Sams Mom

grapefruit / 4492 posts

So I'm occasionally seeing streaks of light in my peripheral. I know I am supposed to discontinue Clomid use if I see orbs of light around things, so I'm trying to decide if this also falls into the orb/floaters category or not. I'm going to email my doctor about it too, but until he gets back with me I'm going to second guess telling him.

36. Kaohinani

grapefruit / 4144 posts

@Sams Mom: Definitely email or call. πŸ“± Isn't vision πŸ‘€ impairment/blurring/light flashes, and visual sensitivity on the list of "serious" side effects? It sounds like it could be possibly (or potentially) dangerous to you at the 150 level. Perhaps, instead of discontinuing it entirely, your OBGYN may reduce your dosage so it will still be therapeutic for your cycle but not detrimental to your health? πŸ€” IDK. Regardless, please take care! πŸ’œ

37. MamaBear87

nectarine / 2288 posts

@Kaohinani: @Sams Mom: @foodiebee: right?! Such a weird thing to steal! Oh well thankfully we get it replaced Friday and we don't create that much regular trash

@LAZB: i think 13 or 14 dpt is pretty reasonable! Fingers crossed!

@Sams Mom: that would for sure warrant a check in with the doctor

38. Sams Mom

grapefruit / 4492 posts

@Kaohinani: @MamaBear87: Well he said it is not an expected or concerning side effect of Clomid, so I'm still good to go.

39. Kaohinani

grapefruit / 4144 posts

@Sams Mom: Good to know! I'm glad you will be fine and can continue your current course of Clomid. πŸ˜€

40. mdf106

clementine / 828 posts

@paranundrum: Good luck, your dog is adorable.

@Kaohinani: I think I am 2 dpo, and I have had the clearest temperature rise ever (including the two cycles I got pregnant). I am also having a lot of post-ovulation symptoms, which I don't usually get until right before my period. MI started meditating, which has really improved the quality (and quantity) of sleep, and also improving my chart.

@Sams Mom: My kids, when asked, say they want a baby brother. They just got a new cousin, and are getting another in the next month, so they are all about the babies (although I am sure they will not immediately appreciate a new baby).

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee