Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

July 2018 POAS

1. Sams Mom

grapefruit / 4492 posts

@mdf106: two of my friends have babies similar in age, one had a boy and one had a girl. When I hold the little boy, my son tries to crowd into my lap. He doesn't shove the baby off, but he makes it known I'm HIS mom. If I hold the little girl, he sits next to me and tries to hold her, will pet her head and say "awwww baby"

2. Kaohinani

grapefruit / 4144 posts

@mdf106: Meditation is wonderful! šŸ˜€ My spastic little mind wanders šŸ™„šŸ˜ and I have to constantly "recenter" myself but still, it is so relaxing and cleansing! šŸ˜“
    Good luck this month ... Hopefully, you get your BFP. šŸ˜

3. Kaohinani

grapefruit / 4144 posts

@Sams Mom: Either he REALLY wants a sister OR your son is a little ladies' man. Lol.
    He sounds precious! I love how gentle he appears to be with babies. My 3.5 year old ( who is normally REALLY rough-and-tumble) pets smaller babies (whether they like it or not! šŸ˜‚) and tries to hug and kiss them. He tells everyone, "I'm MOMMY'S baby!" So, of course, I'm pretty curious how he'll be when I FINALLY fall pregnant and give him a younger sibling. šŸ™„šŸ¤” I suppose, only time will tell.

4. paranundrum

clementine / 811 posts

Thank you all for the warm welcome!

So FF confused me a bit this morning, I know it will probably change its mind as I go along and add more temps in the next few days but still.
    I had a positive/ near positive opk on the 10th and then yesterday it was very clearly negative again, the LH drop was super fast. My temps are telling a different story though and FF has decided that I ovulated on the 9th, a day before I had the positive opk. That's not possible right? Right?

I wouldn't mind so much, but it has been a tricky month in the bedroom department. My SO got in a fight with one of his power tools about a week ago and unsurprisingly came off worse. It's not too bad, but we spent a lovely afternoon in the ER waiting for the nice nurses to use his finger for needlework practice. After that he - most understandably - hasn't really been in the mood.

If I actually did ovulate on Monday, there is not much left for me to do this month but to see all you lovely girls get your BFPs and try again in August, if I ovulated yesterday as the opk-s suggested though, there might still be some hope.

5. Kaohinani

grapefruit / 4144 posts

@paranundrum: As much as I love FF, it is finicky. I would place more stock in your OPKs and assume you [possibly] OV'd within 12-36 hours after you saw your LH surge on your darkest OPK. šŸ¤” My problem with FF is that depending on your temps (which can be influenced by so many things), as well as, which program you use (advanced, fertility finder, etc) when you set up FF, your OV date becomes variable [and, sometimes, inconsistent with other signs like OPKs, CM, CP, and general timing]. I use the "advanced" program and utilize the cross hairs as a guide but also monitor OPKs, CM, and CP for added accuracy. Anyway, FF can only show you if OV has (theoretically) occurred based on fluctuations in bbt, so any changes in physiological status or even stress may affect that and afford an erroneous reading. Best of luck !
    I hope my response was helpful. šŸ˜€

P.S. I affixed my FF chart so you can see how finicky it can be. My temp keeps rising, but I have yet to receive my cross hairs and proposed OV date. I know (by all my symptoms), and the sheer fact my temps are increasing by leaps and bounds, I OV'd "early" on the 10th (my CD 11). Hopefully, by tomorrow, FF will agree with that date! šŸ˜‰

6. paranundrum

clementine / 811 posts

@Kaohinani: Thank you for your anwser, of course it was helpful.

I use the advanced option as well. I have been keeping track of my temps and cm for a while, so far it hasn't been that confusing, but I've now added OPKs back in the mix and I guess it makes it a bit more difficult to analyze.

I'm going to wait it out until FF gets its ducks in a row and figures out a date so I know if there's any reason to POAS this month or not. OV has taken place already, nothing I can do about that now.

I think I read from somewhere that FF needs three temps before and three after O to show cross hairs, so tomorrow's will be you missing puzzle piece.

7. Kaohinani

grapefruit / 4144 posts

@paranundrum: Thank you. The 3 BBT rise reading is what I look for but (for some reason) both last month and the month before, FF gave me my cross hairs on 2 dpo. I believe it may have counted the temp rise on OV day both months ... IDK. (It has been weird! šŸ˜µ) All other months, the cross hairs appeared after 3 dpo. I thought, perhaps, they were using a new logarithm in their program or something. Lol.

8. Sams Mom

grapefruit / 4492 posts

@Kaohinani: It wasn't enough of a rise to count on CD11, FF recognizes that as a sustained temperature.

9. Kaohinani

grapefruit / 4144 posts

@Sams Mom: Okay, understood. Thank you!

10. Sams Mom

grapefruit / 4492 posts

@Kaohinani: FF use to piss me off so much with that, then I adjusted my temp higher one day to see what would happen and it counted 1 dpo as the first rise.

11. MamaBear87

nectarine / 2288 posts

@Kaohinani: @Sams Mom: i feel like ff friend is so finicky you're almost better off just reading taking charge of your fertility and interpreting yourself

12. elm5066

coffee bean / 32 posts

Well. I was super anxious to test this morning and barely slept last night. I'd been feeling pregnant since Monday when fatigue and nauseous hit me...so I've been anxious all week. Since my period has been so irregular I've had a hard time catching my O but I did this month and guess what it worked!! I got my BFP this am. I'm still in shock and will probably be testing every day for the next week to make sure.

13. Sams Mom

grapefruit / 4492 posts

@elm5066: CONGRATULATIONS!!!

14. Sams Mom

grapefruit / 4492 posts

July 2018 POAS

Sam's Mom: 7/1
    LBARN: 7/7
    EmmaNZ: 7/8
    MegPie: 7/9
    Elm5066: 7/12
    Milpa: 7/13
    LAZB: 7/16
    Magnolia: 7/16
    SkinnyCow: 7/23
    JessieMuller88: 7/23
    Kaohinani: 7/23
    MDF106: 7/25
    Paranundrum: 7/25
    SamsMom: 7/27
    Lahela017: 7/29
    StarLitSky: 7/29
    MamaBear87: 7/30

Best of luck to everyone this month!

LBARN RDHBee EmmaNZ Elm5066

15. Kaohinani

grapefruit / 4144 posts

@elm5066: šŸŽˆšŸŽ‰ Congratulations! šŸŽ‡šŸŽŠ

16. MilPA

olive / 51 posts

What do you guys think? CD 24, 11 DPO.

17. Sams Mom

grapefruit / 4492 posts

@MilPA: uhhhh YES! CONGRATULATIONS!!!

18. Sams Mom

grapefruit / 4492 posts

July 2018 POAS

Sam's Mom: 7/1
    LBARN: 7/7
    EmmaNZ: 7/8
    MegPie: 7/9
    Elm5066: 7/12
    Milpa: 7/13
    LAZB: 7/16
    Magnolia: 7/16
    SkinnyCow: 7/23
    JessieMuller88: 7/23
    Kaohinani: 7/23
    MDF106: 7/25
    Paranundrum: 7/25
    SamsMom: 7/27
    Lahela017: 7/29
    StarLitSky: 7/29
    MamaBear87: 7/30

Best of luck to everyone this month!

LBARN RDHBee EmmaNZ Elm5066 MilPA

19. MilPA

olive / 51 posts

@Sams Mom: haha thanks. Iā€™m cautiously optimistic...

20. Kaohinani

grapefruit / 4144 posts

@MilPA: That is most definitely a BFP!
    Congratulations! šŸŽŠšŸŽ‡šŸŽ‰šŸ˜€

21. Sams Mom

grapefruit / 4492 posts

@MilPA: It's not even a squinter, I'll be very not cautiously excited for you

22. skinnycow

pear / 1728 posts

@elm5066: @MilPA: Congratulations! Two BFPs today!

23. starlitsky

clementine / 795 posts

@elm5066: @MilPA: congrats to you ladies!!

24. Kaohinani

grapefruit / 4144 posts

@Sams Mom: My sebaceous glands on my chin are working overtime! šŸ˜². Lol. I woke to two lovely chin zits which is odd for ungodly dry skin. Progesterone in full swing! šŸ˜µšŸ˜‚
    Not really writing to complain (too much šŸ˜‰), rather, I wanted to check up on you with the hot flashes and to see if the visual issues had subsided. Hope the Clomid 150 is the winning mix and this is your month. šŸ™‚

P.S. I did, indeed, get my FF cross hairs today ... It agreed with me, I OV'd CD 11. šŸ˜

25. elm5066

coffee bean / 32 posts

Thanks ladies!!! Fingers crossed for everyone else!

26. skinnycow

pear / 1728 posts

@Kaohinani: Ugh, I have a couple chin zits right now too. I had flawless skin as a teenager and get terrible hormonal acne at 28 Not fair.

27. Kaohinani

grapefruit / 4144 posts

@skinnycow: You, too! Great skin and hair as a teen. When I became pregnant with my daughter, my face blew up with cystic acne ... It was horrid. (With my son, clear skin.) Anyway, now, as I get older, I'm finding post-ovulatory breakouts are the norm. Frustrating little things!

28. Sams Mom

grapefruit / 4492 posts

@Kaohinani: I only get the light streaks occasionally now *shrugs*. As to the hot flashing it might kill me. Where I live has been consistently 90-96 before heat index is added with a crap ton of humidity to boot. I am working on getting unfat, so I go on nightly walks/jogs on our hilly road. Well last night I was out at like 9 PM jogging, and on top of all the regular sweat I get a damn hot flash. ughhhhhh.

Today is the last day of Clomid, so hopefully this is the one, because I don't know if I can handle one more cycle of this crap in this heat. I found one of my thermometers, but after taking 2 months off from temping, I haven't been able to remember to temp.

29. Kaohinani

grapefruit / 4144 posts

@Sams Mom: It's been hot as H*LL here as well (* I'm in GA now but have lived in CT, NY, VA, LA (NO), CA (SD), HI (2x), KY as well) ... I COULDN'T imagine hot flashes in the sweltering heat! The worst I got were the ones when I was pregnant but, with my daughter, it wasn't so bad as they were in the winter and, with my son, if I wasn't in the gym in front of a fan, I was at the beach and could cool down! My Clomid flashes have been so minor. I feel really bad for you. I remember my mom used to stand in front of the freezer with her shirt slightly open during one, hers were SOOO unbearable! šŸ˜µšŸ˜‚
    Anyway, I'm glad your visual streaks are only occasional and that today is the last of your 150. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that I see your name with a " " by it this month!

30. mdf106

clementine / 828 posts

@elm5066: Congratulations!

@MilPA: Congratulations!

@Kaohinani: I have never had a complete break from acne, even at 38, but they have been worse since going off of birth control. My acne was really bad with my first pregnancy, but not as bad with my second pregnancy. I recently discovered Differin gel, which has been great for treating out my acne without drying my skin, but it is not safe for pregnancy.

31. Kaohinani

grapefruit / 4144 posts

@mdf106: Good to know about the Differin gel. Thank you. šŸ™ If this keeps up, I was thinking of looking into something, but I want to make certain it is pregnancy-safe. I suppose the only "safe" options include low levels of peroxide and salicylic acid, eh?
    Incidentally, I'm 38 as well ... it is frustrating to have as many chin zits as my daughter! Lol.

32. Sams Mom

grapefruit / 4492 posts

Because obviously my life wouldn't be complete without ALL of the Clomid side effects, all the emotions are hitting me... at work... in a shared office. Maybe I'll go camp out in the bathroom for a little bit.

33. Jessiemuller88

clementine / 973 posts

@MilPA: definitely positive!!! Congrats!

34. Kaohinani

grapefruit / 4144 posts

@Sams Mom: Oh, no! šŸ˜•šŸ˜¢ I'm so sorry.
    (Sends hugs)
    Any chance to call a "personal day" or take some work home to complete (alone) while the emotions pass? šŸ¤” I have no idea what you do for a living or workplace policy so this may not be a possibility for you. Maybe a relaxing lunch devoid of people today? Just a suggestion.

35. Kaohinani

grapefruit / 4144 posts

@Jessiemuller88: Hey, cycle-sister! Lol. How is the TWW treating you?

36. Sams Mom

grapefruit / 4492 posts

@Kaohinani: I would maybe be able to pull that off any other day... But my husband graduates academy today, I have 4 extra adults in my house right now, and I need to sneak off to the store to find something to wear tonight that I don't look like a can of busted biscuits in.

I know it's the Clomid, so it's the surreal thing of knowing you're being ridiculous, but can't stop it either

37. Kaohinani

grapefruit / 4144 posts

@Sams Mom: Aw, I feel for you šŸ˜• ... it is like "Clomid body snatchers" have invaded your body and psyche. šŸ˜² On top of it, you are in a no-win situation bc your place of repose (home) is being occupied by MORE people and you have nowhere to hide. šŸ˜µ That stinks! On an upside - Your husband will be graduating so, perhaps, the ceremony may help sway your emotions (even if temporarily). šŸ™‚.

You are entitled to be ridiculous every now and then. Medication that screws with hormones gives one that entitlement. šŸ˜‰

38. MamaBear87

nectarine / 2288 posts

@Sams Mom: hope the rest of today goes better. Fingers crossed you find a dress that makes you feel fabulous! Unless you can fit in making one today, self made always fit fantastic ā˜ŗ

39. mdf106

clementine / 828 posts

@Kaohinani: My OB said that OTC benzoyl peroxide and and salicylic acid are fine.

40. Sams Mom

grapefruit / 4492 posts

@MamaBear87: I am not brave enough to sew myself something. The last time I sewed a garment any bigger than a baby shirt was almost a decade ago

I struck out, I bought a shirt I didn't even try on because I couldn't find a simple A line dress. Tried it on at the office and it looks like a pajama top. ugghhhhhhh

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee