Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

July 2019 Moms

1. bananasareyellow

cherry / 146 posts

@QBbride: So jealous of you Canadian bees' maternity leave! I'll be back to work at 12 weeks once again. It's so hard. 😥

2. QBbride

pomegranate / 3192 posts

@bananasareyellow: ugh I know! I don’t know how you guys do it. I shouldn’t brag since it’s super unfair to almost everyone on this board!!

3. cyoung

apricot / 469 posts

I really hope I'm wrong. I go in the 29th for a doctors appointment with my ob anyway. I'll talk to them then. If I dont bleed by then...then maybe I have a chance. This was my test. It looked lighter at first but looks a smidge darker now. I'm still not cramping or bleeding so I have no clue what is going on. The tests is a bit darker in person. Just a bit

4. bananasareyellow

cherry / 146 posts

@cyoung: It sucks to be stuck in limbo. I hope you get clarity soon.

5. QBbride

pomegranate / 3192 posts

@cyoung: sending you positive thoughts! I’ve had an early m/c and over analyzing the darkness of the lines was super bad for my mental health but at least I was sort of prepared for things to go sideways. Thinking of you and please keep us updated. Stick bean stick!!!

6. starlitsky

clementine / 795 posts

@bananasareyellow: welcome!!! Glad to have you join us!

@QBbride: thank you for starting the list! I’m also super envious of your 18 month maternity leave!! Mine will probably be around 5 months but I’m debating taking some partially paid leave for a total of 6. Oh and my first is a June baby, he’ll be 3 when this one arrives and I think it will be a good age difference. Although right now when I ask him if he wants a baby sister or brother, he says “no way!” 🤣

@cyoung: sending you positive thoughts!! I hope the fact that you’re not bleeding or having cramps is a good sign!! Hugs

AFM I’ve just been super exhausted and have been really busy at work. I need to go in for the 1 hour glucose test before my first appointment and I’m not looking forward to it. Did anyone else have GD in a previous pregnancy?

7. QBbride

pomegranate / 3192 posts

@starlitsky: ahhh a glucose test already?! Yours GD with your first?

8. cyoung

apricot / 469 posts

Test was almost negative today. I'm still not bleeding or cramping. Idk what is going on.

9. QBbride

pomegranate / 3192 posts

@cyoung: ahh shit I’m so sorry.
    I was in a similar situation and I started bleeding a few days later, I think I was 5-6 weeks.

10. starlitsky

clementine / 795 posts

@QBbride: yes I had GD with my first! I’m
    hoping not to have it again but if I do it’s not a big deal since I’ve been eating low carb/keto anyway.

@cyoung: oh no! That is so weird and it must be hard to be in limbo. Thinking of you!!

11. QBbride

pomegranate / 3192 posts

@cyoung: how’s it going? Thinking of you

12. QBbride

pomegranate / 3192 posts

Ok, the WEIRDEST thing happened to me today. We were at my daughter’s gymnastics class this morning and out of nowhere, my son says “mummy, you have a baby in your tummy”. I have NEVER mentioned anything even around my son, so how weird is that?! I’m like ummm no! Why do you think that?

13. cyoung

apricot / 469 posts

@QBbride: I started spotting red today and my tests are negative. I'm officially out. Good luck to you ladies!!! I hope you guys have a happy ans healthy nine months!

14. QBbride

pomegranate / 3192 posts

@cyoung: awww, I’m SO sorry. Been there and it really sucks. Thinking of you and please take care of yourself 💔

15. starlitsky

clementine / 795 posts

@QBbride: that is so weird! How does he know?!? 😆

16. starlitsky

clementine / 795 posts

@cyoung: oh no!!!! I’m so so sorry! will be thinking of you, please take care of yourself.

17. starlitsky

clementine / 795 posts

@bananasareyellow: @QBbride: just checking in! How are you mamas doing? I’m doing okay, just waiting until my first appointment which is over 2 weeks away! When are your first appointments? Maybe we can keep track of those in our list too!

18. QBbride

pomegranate / 3192 posts

@starlitsky: hey! I’m doing well thanks. I have a midwife appointment with the first group tomorrow 🎉 it seems so early, but i’ll Take it! I’m leaning towards the second group though so I don’t know if it will be awkward when I decide not to go with one of them.

Feeling pretty good, just tired and thirsty. So much stretching too. Isn’t my uterus already super stretched? 🤣

19. bananasareyellow

cherry / 146 posts

@starlitsky: Unfortunately I'm out. Beta yesterday was only 17 at 15dpo. Waiting to miscarry.

20. starlitsky

clementine / 795 posts

@QBbride: oh wow! that's exciting that your first appointment is tomorrow! will they do an ultrasound? hopefully it won't be awkward if you decide to go with the other group; i'm sure it happens all the time!

@bananasareyellow: oh no, i'm so sorry. was this your first beta, or did you take previous ones that were higher?

21. bananasareyellow

cherry / 146 posts

@starlitsky: My first, but my lines are getting lighter so I know it's heading down.

22. QBbride

pomegranate / 3192 posts

@bananasareyellow: oh no! I’m so sorry!! Sending you love.

23. QBbride

pomegranate / 3192 posts

@starlitsky: no ultrasound tomorrow! It’s just in the midwives office. I think it’s just an intake appointment to go through health history etc. I think they’re every 6ish weeks at this stage, so maybe the next one they’ll try to listen for the heartbeat with a Doppler??

I’m totally dragging my ass today. Like I can barely keep my eyes open, and I slept like a rock last night. Ahhhh. Is it bedtime yet? (12pm )

24. starlitsky

clementine / 795 posts

@QBbride: oooh ok so when do you get your first ultrasound? mine is on 11/16 and i'm super nervous!

i've been super tired too and i've been falling asleep earlier than usual. do you have any nausea yet? i have very slight nausea throughout the day but it's not severe. i didn't have any with my first LO though so this is a little different!

25. starlitsky

clementine / 795 posts

@bananasareyellow: *hugs* i'm sorry to hear that! my thoughts are with you.

26. QBbride

pomegranate / 3192 posts

@starlitsky: I’m not sure, im hoping to get a dating u/s which will be between 8-10 weeks I hope?! Then my anatomy u/s! That will probably be it for me unless there are issues. With my second, I got a bonus u/s at 32 weeks because I had a low lying placenta (it moved up). Have you thought about if you’ll do any genetic testing? And which tests if you’re going to?

27. starlitsky

clementine / 795 posts

@QBbride: I will be doing any and all testing that is offered to me! When you say genetic testing, does that include NIPT? I'm definitely planning to do that at 10 weeks! How about you?

28. QBbride

pomegranate / 3192 posts

@starlitsky: I had my first midwife appointment! I really liked her so I might just cancel my other one to make it easier. She just went through health history, went through some prenatal stuff like what to eat/not eat, taking vitamin B6 for nausea and suggested magnesium to help with sleep, leg cramps etc. We talked about prenatal testing a bit and I’m definitely interested in NIPT but she thought it was about $750! (I thought it was $450). So we’ll see about that. She gave me a requisition for other basic bloodwork too (blood type, thyroid, CBC etc). Next appointment with her would be December 6.

29. starlitsky

clementine / 795 posts

@QBbride: ooh i'm glad your appointment went well and you liked the midwife! have you had any nausea? i'm having a little but just a mildly queasy feeling. hoping it doesn't get much worse once I hit 6 weeks.

I already got all my initial prenatal bloodwork done except I still need to take my 1 hour glucose test, which I'll probably do this week to get it out of the way.

did you get the NIPT done with your previous pregnancies?

30. QBbride

pomegranate / 3192 posts

@starlitsky: no I’m not nauseous yet! I’m assuming it will start at 6-7 weeks but I won’t see her again until 10 weeks. I had bad morning sickness with #2 but nothing with #1, soooo you never know!

I got the NIPT done with my last pregnancy, but I got it for free because I did it as part of a study. I looked up the fee and it’s $495. Expensive but worth it for peace of mind I think. I’ll have to talk it over with my husband but I think he will probably go for it.

31. starlitsky

clementine / 795 posts

@QBbride: I didn't have morning sickness with my first LO so it'll be interesting to see how different this pregnancy is!

I agree the NIPT is worth it for peace of mind! Mine is covered but I would pay out of pocket if I needed to.

32. Jess93

coffee bean / 49 posts

Sooo I've been spotting for 7 days thought maybe implantation spotting? Anyways took a pregnancy test today 11 days dpo and was positive! I hope this is good news!! 😊 Will give it a couple weeks and if no period comes and still positive I will call the doc! Ahhh!

33. starlitsky

clementine / 795 posts

@Jess93: ooh congrats/fingers crossed!! Keep us posted!

34. Jess93

coffee bean / 49 posts

Thank you!!! I will! 😊

35. QBbride

pomegranate / 3192 posts

@Jess93: YAY! Congrats!!!

36. Jess93

coffee bean / 49 posts

Thank you!!! 😁 Never been so happy!

37. Jess93

coffee bean / 49 posts

I guess I'll also add:
    EDD:
    How far along: 4 weeks
    First child? Yes!!!
    First doctor appointment: need to call
    Any symptoms so far? Morning sickness already along with other unpleasant symptom! Also tired, hot flashes, and some random pimples!
    Who have you told? Just my husband and all of you!

38. QBbride

pomegranate / 3192 posts

Ugh, the nausea has started. I’m so thirsty but can barely stand the thought of drinking nothing sounds appealing. Wahhhhh.

39. starlitsky

clementine / 795 posts

@QBbride: oh no! Mine was super bad a few days ago but seems to be a little better yesterday and today. I agree that nothing sounds appealing and even water sounds gross sometimes! Ugh.

I’m 6 weeks today and my wait until my first appt/ultrasound seems soooo long! 2 more weeks! I’m holding off on telling even my close friends until then, but we did tell my husband’s side of the family yesterday because I knew he wouldn’t be able to keep it a secret from them for very much longer. I’m planning to tell my side either at Thanksgiving or Christmas.

Have you ladies told family yet? @Jess93: @QBbride:

40. QBbride

pomegranate / 3192 posts

@starlitsky: no we haven’t. My u/s is on Nov 29 so I’d like to hold off telling everyone until after that, probably sometime between then and Christmas. Only catch is my mom is coming to visit next weekend and I think she will suspect because I’m not one to turn down wine 🍷 so I’m not sure if i’ll deny it or just tell her.

@starlitsky: was your husband’s family so excited? How did you tell them??

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee