Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

June 2013 Post-Partum Thread

1. Pepper

pomelo / 5820 posts

@swedishfish: I hear ya, I also feel overwhelmed when DH is at work. A little lonely, too. I feel like it'll be easier when I can start taking him places on my own ( and feel confident enough to do so).

2. Boheme

papaya / 10473 posts

@swedishfish: hugs. It gets better! Especially when they start smiling and interacting a little bit. Week 5 has been the easiest yet. Hang in there!

3. bisous

persimmon / 1304 posts

@swedishfish: Being mommy to a newborn on your own when DH goes back to work is no easy feat! I found that I had good days and bad days, but on the whole, I managed to get in a rhythm. It does get better!

4. swedishfish

GOLD / coconut / 8266 posts

Thanks, everyone. I feel like I'm doing a little better today. I've only cried when DH left for work but it's only 7:30 PM so there's still time

The swelling in my lower legs and feet is almost completely gone so I've upgraded from sweats to capri sweats. My abdomen is all soft and gross though DH swears I look great. I knew I married him for a reason

5. tlcbaby

nectarine / 2750 posts

@swedishfish: Glad today was better

At first I loved my post baby body because I felt like I earned it and it was pretty awesome that my body birthed a baby! Then after a couple weeks when my weight loss really slows down, it was hard not to think about trying to lose weight, even though I know I shouldn't be focusing on that. The past few days, though, I've just accepted that I may not make much more progress until I can start working out again. So I guess I will embrace my squishiness

6. bisous

persimmon / 1304 posts

I am almost to six weeks post partum...which is when I read the uterus should be shrunken to its normal size. My belly is definitely smaller, but still pretty squishy...and I still have 11 lbs to lose to get to pre preg. I have been trying to eat healthfully, but nursing is making me constantly hungry (for ice cream and nachos, specifically!).

7. tlcbaby

nectarine / 2750 posts

@bisous: I am hungry all the time...even in the middle of the night when I wake up to feed him.

8. swedishfish

@bisous: I haven't even weighed myself yet! That's amazing that you only have 11 pounds to go!

9. Boheme

papaya / 10473 posts

@bisous: 11 pounds? I am super jealous! I've got a long way to go!

10. bisous

persimmon / 1304 posts

@swedishfish: @grizz: Here I was feeling like 11 was a lot! DH's best friend's wife is 8 weeks post partum and back to pre preg weight. I don't know too many recently pregnant women, so that's all I have to compare to I guess.

I weighed myself pretty soon after delivery because I just wanted to see how much came off right away!

11. LazyLightning

pear / 1664 posts

@bisous: I have about 30 more lbs to lose. Gained over 70 tho. I wish I had the energy to exercise more, it would be a lot easier!

12. knittylady

pomegranate / 3212 posts

4 weeks pp and I've got 22 more pounds until pre preg weight. But I started the pregnancy heavier than I like so.... Oy.

13. swedishfish

OMG, has anyone else felt their after pains? How long did they last for you? My uterus feels like it's trying to squeeze me like a ketchup bottle today all day.

14. Revel

pear / 1563 posts

@bisous: I've got about 17 to go, 11 sounds awesome! I'm not too thrilled with how I look right now, but I'm being realistic. I'm more stressed about how to fit exercise into this new life than I am about actually losing the weight...

@swedishfish:I think mine were all gone by 2 weeks, but mostly mild after 1. I don't think mine were as bad as some ppl get. Sorry you're hurting, I hope you feel better very soon!

15. Pepper

pomelo / 5820 posts

I have about 12 to go to reach prepregnancy weight. I gained 28 lbs, and I haven't had a lot of time to eat the way I had been during pregnancy, so that has a lot to do with it!

@swedishfish: I had contractions for the first week, and they've pretty much tapered off by now (though I'll have a random one here and there).

16. Espion

pomegranate / 3577 posts

We're winding up 9+ hours in the car with a 4 week old! Feel like superstars. I think E used up all his sleep for the day, so tonight should be interesting!

I haven't weighed myself in a week, but I was within 8 pounds of my pre-pregnancy weight, but I was 5 lb heavier than usual to start. I attribute all this to not eating nearly enough in the last 3 weeks. In fact, I bought a huge bag of almonds to try and up my healthy calories.

17. LazyLightning

pear / 1664 posts

@swedishfish: how far pp are you? I felt them for about 3 days after. I took a mix of Tylenol and ibuprofen to help!

18. swedishfish

@LazyLightning: 11 days! I've been on ibuprofen that the hospital gave me a prescription for since delivery. Today was the worst day so hopefully tomorrow is better!

19. bisous

persimmon / 1304 posts

@knittylady: I hear ya! I have 11 til pre preg weight but more than that to get to my ideal weight.

20. Boheme

papaya / 10473 posts

@bisous: Yeah, that's pretty awesome! I have 27 left to lose. Blech.

21. bisous

persimmon / 1304 posts

@Espion: You ARE superstars! I hear sleep begets sleep, so maybe E will sleep well! Hoping so for your sanity.

@swedishfish: Mine were pretty mild and only lasted a week. I was on 600 mg ibuprofen, but my doc did offer stronger meds. I hope the pains ease up soon, but if not, maybe you doc could give you something stronger?

22. LazyLightning

pear / 1664 posts

@swedishfish: dang! Yes hopefully it gets better soon!! Maybe it's worse for you because you're breast feeding? I read that the two are related - I'm not so maybe that's why it didn't last long. Also did your dr and nurses massage your belly hard--and often--when you were in the hospital? Mine did-it was very painful then but maybe helped the long term pain for me.

23. knittylady

pomegranate / 3212 posts

Wanted to check in and say hello! I've missed posting! I find it hard to post one handed on the phone so I've been totally MIA. (My best friend is in town and LO is napping on her, allowing me to HB!)

Everything is good here, I sought help for PPD, which thankfully just turned out to be a bad case of the baby blues. Feeling so much better now. Still glad that I reached out though.

It's been so great keeping up with all of you and your LO's! It seems like even though there are real rough patches, everyone is doing well. This gig ain't easy and I'm really proud of all of us.

LO turns one month old on Wednesday! What???

24. swedishfish

@LazyLightning: yes, I'm breastfeeding and pumping. No, they only massaged my belly to deliver the placenta. Maybe that should've been done more often?

I just pumped a total of 6 ounces! That's my best output yet. I mostly get 2-3 ounces in a 15 minute pump.

25. swedishfish

@knittylady: I'm glad you're feeling much better!

26. tlcbaby

nectarine / 2750 posts

@swedishfish: I could feel them every so often in the first two weeks, but it was never very bothersome to the point I needed to take anything. The way they "massaged" it in the hospital made me want to hurt someone, though. Ouch! Hopefully your pains are on their way out!

@Espion: How was last night? Hope the car ride went pretty well-that is awesome! I was proud that we went to the gym and the grocery store with A yesterday and he was really good the whole time. Yours was a much bigger feat than that! We finally got to show him off at our CrossFit gym - they have all been wanting to see him.

@knittylady: Hi! Glad you are doing better and definitely glad you talked to someone about it. That always makes it better, to just share it and not keep your feelings inside. A will be one month tomorrow and I am already sad. He is not allowed to grow up!!

I gained 40 lbs total and have 16 lbs to go to get back to pre pregnancy weight, but it isn't budging so I am just not worrying about it until I can work out again.

The good news is I got a part time job teaching aqua fitness classes so I'll be able to work out while I am working and they will watch A in the gym's childcare, too. The only bad part is our income is taking a major hit and we suck at downgrading our spending. Hopefully we can manage until A is a bit older and I can (hopefully) work for myself when I get my degree.

My biggest enemies right now are our dogs! They bark at everything and wake him up quite a bit and I have to rock him for a while to get him back down. And one of the dogs is super protective and won't let the other come near the baby so they just growl at each other all day and on Friday he actually attacked the other dog and he got a bad cut under his eye. I don't know what to do with them.

I am attempting a DIY newborn shoot today. I think we will have to do it in bits and pieces all day so I am just leaving everything set up all day long. Here is one of the first photos I got, I love it!

27. swedishfish

@tlcbaby: aw, A is adorable! Congrats on the aqua fitness job! I can't wait till I am cleared to start exercising again. I'm still nervous to get on the scale...maybe tomorrow. Wow, that's scary about your dogs. Maybe talk to a vet? I only have one dog and he's been great so far. He likes to follow us around when we have the baby in our arms.

28. knittylady

pomegranate / 3212 posts

@tlcbaby: so cute!!

29. tlcbaby

nectarine / 2750 posts

@knittylady: Thanks! It was fun, but really did take all day to get him calm in between eating and naps to get some good photos.

@swedishfish: We might have to ask our vet about it. If it were either of the dogs on their own I think it would be fine. They both seem interested in him in a good way. I wish the dog whisperer could pay us a visit!

30. swedishfish

@tlcbaby: is the dog that attacked the other dog the dominant one? And I know what you mean about pictures taking all day - it took us a long time to get a couple of good enough pictures to choose from for the birth announcement!

31. tlcbaby

nectarine / 2750 posts

@swedishfish: Yes he definitely is! He hogs all the attention and was protective of me before the baby got here. He is also about 60lbs larger!

32. Pepper

pomelo / 5820 posts

@tlcbaby: A is so cute! What a sweet picture!! Can't believe he is already a month old!

@swedishfish: 6 oz is great! Good job!

When did your LO's cord stump fall off? C's is about half off and it freaks me out, I'm so afraid it's going to get caught on something and rip! It looks a little pinkish under the side that's pulling up- I have no idea what's normal or not down there. I can't wait til it's off so we can take a real bath!

33. knittylady

pomegranate / 3212 posts

@Pepper: D's came off early, less than a week! I was shocked.

34. tlcbaby

nectarine / 2750 posts

@Pepper: Thanks A's fell off really fast-on day 4 or 5, but it came off cleanly. I'd say as long as you don't see pus or bleeding it is okay. His circumcision ring came part of the way off and we had to wait a few days for it to come all the way off so I was just careful to keep it clean with water only while we waited it out. It definitely freaked me out, though.

35. tlcbaby

nectarine / 2750 posts

@knittylady: I was surprised when his came off so fast, too- I thought something was wrong!

36. bisous

persimmon / 1304 posts

@tlcbaby: A is a cutie! Congrats on your job--sounds like a good gig!

@Pepper: Baby S's cord fell off at 15 days. It was hanging by what seemed like a thread for the last 2.

37. Boheme

papaya / 10473 posts

@knittylady: I'm glad you're back and I'm glad you're feeling better. I LOVE your IG pics of your LO - He is so cute!

@tlcbaby: Congrats on the job! That sounds great! That pic of A is so, so cute. Our dogs are my worst enemy right now too. They are good with C, but they are so noisy...one of them has a shrieking yelp/bark when she's in her kennel that we can't break her of! Cesar Milan, where are you?!

@Pepper: C's cord hung on for nearly 3 weeks and it came off halfway about 4 days before it actually fell off. It scared me to mess with it!

38. LazyLightning

pear / 1664 posts

@Pepper: three weeks for hers!

39. Boheme

papaya / 10473 posts

I planned to start working out again today. I've got a Zumba DVD ready to go in the DVD player but the kidlet doesn't nap unless I'm holding him. This could be problematic

40. swedishfish

@Pepper: R lost her umbilical cord at 8 days old.

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee