Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

June 2015 Mamas!

1. cascademom

coconut / 8861 posts

@Eko: Awesome!! Yay for a great appointment.

2. MrsBrewer

coconut / 8854 posts

@Eko: Seeing the baby is the best!!

3. Meltini

apricot / 495 posts

EDD: June 2

How far along: 10 weeks

First child? Nope. Already have a 13 month old boy!

First doctor appointment: End of October. Had my dating ultrasound 10/27.

Any symptoms so far? So. Much. Nausea.

Who have you told? Close family and friends

Other fun things to note, I was still nursing baby #1 and had inly had 1 period since he was born. I truly thought I was further along than I am! Also, congrats everyone!!

4. Jess1483

nectarine / 2641 posts

@Eko: Hooray for a good appointment!

5. MrsBrewer

coconut / 8854 posts

@Meltini: Congrats and welcome!! So did you just recently find out you were pregnant???

6. Meltini

apricot / 495 posts

I found out the 2nd week of October but didn't tell anyone other than my husband because I didn't believe the (3) pregnancy tests! Cant argue with an ultrasound though!

7. LindsayInNY

bananas / 9229 posts

@78h2o: I didn't think x-rays were needed for a crown? I have to have one replaced within the next couple of weeks.

8. LindsayInNY

bananas / 9229 posts

New updated list!:

June 1: @78h2o (#2), @cascademom (#2)
    June 2: @Meltini (#2)
    June 3: @MrsBrewer (#1), @hocuspocus (#1)
    June 5: @dc yoga bee (#1), @BabyMats (#2)
    June 13: @TarHeelBee (#1), @MUI831 (#2)
    June 14: @Eko (#1), @Mrs.KMM (#1)
    June 15: @Corduroy (#2)
    June 17: @Snowybreeze (#2), @lisa1783 (#2)
    June 19: @Jess1483 (#2)
    June 23: @rpparker (#1)
    June 24: @MrsKMM (#1)
    June 26: @LindsayInNY (#1)

9. 78h2o

grapefruit / 4441 posts

@LindsayInNY: My dentist requires an x-ray. They say they need to be able to confirm proper placement before using the permanent cement. ETA: my dentist said x-Rays are fine during any trimester...it's just that I don't feel comfortable with it. I asked my OB about anesthetic, but not x-rays (since I didn't expect I'd need them) and she said no anesthetic during first tri. Again, my dentist said they have an anesthetic that is ok at any point, but I didn't feel comfortable. I think it's Cat C.

I got my crown put back on today, again with temporary cement, but I just pressed on it with my tongue and it feels loose. So annoyed!

10. lisa1783

apricot / 457 posts

Lurker coming in to say hi!

EDD: June 17, 2015

How far along: 7 weeks 5 days

First child?: Nope! I have a son who is 2.5 years old

First doctor appointment: 11/11

Any symptoms so far?: Just fatigue that is harder on some days than others. Very mild nausea a few days that goes away by the time I get to work.

Who have you told?: A bunch of people - close coworkers and some close friends. No family besides my husband and my son who now says that HE has the baby in his belly, not me.

11. LindsayInNY

bananas / 9229 posts

@78h2o: I had a root canal there so I don't think I have to worry about anesthesia. I mentioned being pregnant since I have a cleaning scheduled and they noted no X-rays but didn't say anything about the crown. I guess we'll see! Mine's about 12 years old, fell out a year ago when I ate a stale AirHead (ugh). Was cemented back and has been okay until a couple weeks ago. It's come out while eating (so gross) and I'm afraid I'm gonna swallow it or something. Co-insurance goes up next year so now I have no choice but to replace it. And it's not cheap! Ugh!

12. LindsayInNY

bananas / 9229 posts

@lisa1783: Welcome!! I met DH in Boston so it holds a special place in my heart!

13. MrsKMM

apricot / 263 posts

@BabyMats: I was eating lots of fruits & veggies and on a healthy kick too... And now all of it makes me gag! @LindsayInNY @dc yoga bee I've started the BRAT diet (minus the bananas... I couldn't eat it) & it's been helpful. I can basically only stomach snacks warm food is yucky at the moment

14. MrsKMM

apricot / 263 posts

@78h2o: this may be a stupid question but I went to check out b6 because this nausea is nearly unbearable, & the bottle said not recommended for pregnant or nursing mothers..? I'm nervous about everything, with this being my first pregnancy! But I was in tears this morning over the nausea, and didn't sleep at all last night because I felt like crap.

15. MrsKMM

apricot / 263 posts

@Meltini: @lisa1783: welcome!
    @eko: glad your appt went well!

16. BabyMats

nectarine / 2031 posts

@MrsKMM: my ob prescribed b6 for me! Oh and I cried over my ms with my 1st pregnancy too I was so miserable. Hopefully it all passes soon for all of us!

17. BabyMats

nectarine / 2031 posts

@Eko: glad your appt went well!

18. MrsKMM

apricot / 263 posts

@BabyMats: oh, good to know! I'll definitely be asking about it next week! And I'm glad to know I'm not the only one who cries about the nausea, lol it's so horrible!

19. Corduroy

pomelo / 5258 posts

Just left a good checkup. Strong heartbeat and measuring just slightly ahead of EDD. Such a relief. I've been so much more nervous this pregnancy than with LO1.

20. Eko

nectarine / 2148 posts

@Corduroy: congratulations!

21. Eko

nectarine / 2148 posts

@Mrs.KMM: just thinking about you and wondering how did your appointment go?

22. cascademom

coconut / 8861 posts

@Corduroy: yay! I'm definitely more worried this pregnancy than with LO's. Eagerly looking forward to next appointments.

23. Snowybreeze

apricot / 279 posts

@BabyMats: thanks!

@Eko: so glad the US went well for you! has your spotting stopped? Mine is still on and off.

I've been eating bad foods too...like french fries and chicken nuggets, ah!

24. Eko

nectarine / 2148 posts

@Snowybreeze: my bleeding has stopped for the moment. The doctor assured me my bleeding was likely irritation from the progesterone.

25. 78h2o

grapefruit / 4441 posts

@MrsKMM: my doctor said B6 is fine. Just break up the pills to take a smaller amount. Sometimes it comes in 100 or 200mg which is too much. I read a couple journal articles on it and am comfortable taking up to 100 per day. I don't know how much of an effect it has, but it's worth a try. I am so sorry you are feeling miserable. I have definitely cried due to nausea once or twice this pregnancy and I know last time, when I didn't really take meds for nausea, I cried on a daily basis. I spent so many mornings/nights sleeping on the bathroom floor. Ugh! I can say from experience though, it's worth it.

@lisa1783: welcome!

@Jess1483: thinking about you today! Hope you have a great appointment. What time is it?

26. LindsayInNY

bananas / 9229 posts

Anyone else not really showing much at all or feeling too strong of symptoms?

27. Eko

nectarine / 2148 posts

@LindsayInNY: I am not really showing at all. The bloat gets the better of me sometimes, but really no bump or belly to speak of. Also, I have been fairing well as far as symptoms go. I don't really have m/s, just fatigue, sore boobs, and lots of gas, which is really attractive. I like to think that my year of taking prenatals before actually getting ku helped, but maybe it's good genetics.

28. LindsayInNY

bananas / 9229 posts

@Eko: Okay, that makes me feel better... I definitely feel more bloated at times. Like at the end of the day? But DH doesn't seem to see it so then I think that I'm imagining it! Not really noticing any significant fatigue either? Unless I'm ignoring it or use to it? LOL.

29. Eko

nectarine / 2148 posts

@LindsayInNY: I think sometimes too the fatigue can be blamed on the workday. Some days the fatigue feels like I had a long day at work, but I'll notice it when some days i need to go to bed at like 8 or I struggle to get up in the morning. The bloat I just notice more if I wear some of my tighter jeans. DH says he doesn't notice either. I would count your blessings on not feeling too miserable, as hard as that sounds. After have a couple good u/s appointments, I am feeling really happy I lucked out on symptoms so far.

30. LindsayInNY

bananas / 9229 posts

@Eko: I think you're right - I just attribute it to work really. I'm also not in a stressful field so that might be helping. If I was still practicing, I'd probably be miserable! The tighter jeans makes sense - when you feel like get even tighter, LOL! I have an u/s next Friday so just have to make it to then

31. MrsBrewer

coconut / 8854 posts

@LindsayInNY: I'm a little bigger to begin with (size 16) but I'm definitely not showing yet, but I know I'm not able to button my pants. I have a feeling that it's only because of bloat though. I don't think I have any sort of baby bump yet.

As far as symptoms, I was really only nauseated for 1-2 weeks between weeks 6-7, and now (9.5 weeks) it's completely gone for me! Other than that I don't have many other symptoms!

32. LindsayInNY

bananas / 9229 posts

@MrsBrewer: I'm 6w4d today and have only had mild, on and off "off" feelings. I don't even really want to call it nausea. More just like not wanting the candy in my desk drawer, not being hungry in general, being extra thirsty. That's about it. Still early so that could be why though?

33. Eko

nectarine / 2148 posts

@LindsayInNY: That was all I had really as well. You could just be lucking out too!

34. Jess1483

nectarine / 2641 posts

@LindsayInNY: with my first pregnancy, I don't think I had symptoms until 8 or 9 weeks other than fatigue (and even when I did get them, they were mild), and I didn't feel any kind of bloat or bump until 13 or 14. I've got lots of symptoms this time, but not with my son.

My appointment is in 3 hours. I'm shaking I'm so nervous. I want so badly for this to go better than last time. Luckily, DH is off today (hooray for state employment and pretend holidays), so he is with our toddler, leaving me to my thoughts...

35. LindsayInNY

bananas / 9229 posts

@Eko: After this whole IF journey, I wouldn't mind lucking out somewhere

@Jess1483: Good luck today!!!

36. cascademom

coconut / 8861 posts

@LindsayInNY: By about 6 weeks both times now was when it started to ramp up for me. With this one, I've felt nauseous almost instantly since the pee stick changed colors. Right now, at 10 weeks, it's definitely peaking for me. I ate before bed and felt fine. After a million bathroom breaks last night, I started to get nauseous again. When I finally got up after DH took care of LO this morning, I got nauseous again until I ate. I hope it means that this one is sticking. I won't see the baby again for another week plus. I don't know if I'll see the baby for my genetics lab visit on Friday. I want to, but am not sure.

37. Mrs.KMM

grapefruit / 4355 posts

Sorry - I didn't get back on the computer last night but my appointment yesterday afternoon went well! Baby is measuring 2-3 days small but my OB wasn't at all concerned (he said the error at this point is +/- 3 days anyways) and we could definitely see the little heart beating away. So cool! He also said I have a small bleed (but I haven't had any spotting). Again - not concerned by it. And we confirmed that there is just 1 in there!

38. Eko

nectarine / 2148 posts

@Mrs.KMM: Glad to hear your appointment went well and the doctor didn't seem concerned at all! I was pretty relieved when they confirmed I was just having one.

39. lisa1783

apricot / 457 posts

@LindsayInNY: No symptoms here either - some days I feel really tired and some of it might be bump related but I think it's more trying to reason with a 2.5 year old why he can't have ketchup and candy for dinner.

40. lisa1783

apricot / 457 posts

@Mrs.KMM: congrats on seeing your little bean and glad the appointment went well!

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee