Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

June 2015 Mamas!

1. MrsKMM

apricot / 263 posts

@lindsayinny: in one way, it's reassuring, but for the most part it's pretty horrible!

2. LindsayInNY

bananas / 9229 posts

Guys. I'm obsessed with my boobs, I know. It's really my only symptom so it's all I have to focus on. But they're hard like implants right now! How bizarre. (My good friend has implants which is why I know what they feel like lol)

3. LindsayInNY

bananas / 9229 posts

@MrsKMM: When did it start? I'll be 6 weeks tomorrow.

4. MrsKMM

apricot / 263 posts

It started almost a week ago for me, and I'm 6w 1d today. I think I started early, yuck. Monday morning I was slumped across the table thinking I wasn't going to make it to work lol I've been keeping water next to the bed, might keep crackers there too.

5. Mrs.KMM

grapefruit / 4355 posts

I'm 7w3d and I haven't had any morning sickness or nausea yet. But I have found that I've had to start eating breakfast (I've never been a breakfast person) or I am just starving by mid-morning!

6. MrsKMM

apricot / 263 posts

@mrs.kmm: lucky!

7. Mrs.KMM

grapefruit / 4355 posts

@MrsKMM: My mom said she never had any morning sickness with any of her 3 pregnancies either. I wonder if something like that is at all genetic or runs in families.

8. Jess1483

nectarine / 2641 posts

@Mrs.KMM: I didn't have any m/s with my son, just aversions, but I definitely have it with this pregnancy!

9. MrsKMM

apricot / 263 posts

@mrs.kmm: ahh, I would so envy that! lol my mom doesn't know I'm ku yet, but has told me in the past that she had bad m/s with me & my brother. Nausea is the worst! and I'm around people/driving around all day for work, booo.

10. MrsKMM

apricot / 263 posts

I should also add that it's not just in the morning, either! Almost always in the morning, then randomly throughout the day. Dinner has been rough

11. dc yoga bee

grapefruit / 4770 posts

I started having chest pains on the metro ride home. I'm so glad my dad is a retired PA, so I was able to call him and he asked lots of questions and had me press on the pain and determined it's muscular inflammation of the cartilage in between my rib cage. No more running to catch the next train for me!

12. MrsKMM

apricot / 263 posts

Oh no! @dc yoga bee.

13. MrsKMM

apricot / 263 posts

For those who have told family, how did you announce? I wanted to tell parents & ILs with a pic from the first ultrasound, as we are all big photo people, but I'm not sure if I can wait until the 12th! I've already thought of a fun way to announce with it! Ideally we'd like to plan a dinner that following weekend, but the anticipation is driving me crazy!

14. Mrs.KMM

grapefruit / 4355 posts

@MrsKMM: I made baby quilts for both of our moms and packaged them up with a couple of bibs (with sayings about grandpa) and baby books. Here is what I put on the label on the back side of each quilt:

Both of our moms started crying when they realized what the gift was for! They were so excited!

15. MrsKMM

apricot / 263 posts

@mrs.kmm: cute! You were there when they opened them?

16. MrsKMM

apricot / 263 posts

My mom gives me a Daughter Christmas ornament every year, and has since I was a baby, so I was going to tell her I got one for her this year & give her this (stock photo from website):

17. Mrs.KMM

grapefruit / 4355 posts

@MrsKMM: I was there when my in-laws opened theirs but my parents live 11 hours away. So I told them we got them a belated anniversary gift (their 30th anniversary was in August) and that we wanted them to Facetime us when they were going to open it. So I still got to see their immediate reaction "in-person"!

Your idea is really cute if you can wait long enough to get an ultrasound picture. There is no way I could wait that long! We paid to overnight the gift to my parents so it arrived on a Saturday (otherwise we'd have had to wait until Tuesday because of the Columbus Day holiday post office closure and there was no way I could wait any longer)!!

18. LindsayInNY

bananas / 9229 posts

I'm gonna be waiting until Christmas for both families... I'll be about 14 weeks then, I think? My family will be in person and DH's will be via Skype or something. Not sure how I'll announce yet...

19. cascademom

coconut / 8861 posts

@MrsKMM: after work is the worst for it. I feel so gross on the way home. It takes so much energy to get through LO's bath and bedtime. Mornings are bad too. Sometimes I wait too long to eat and get overwhelmed with nausea.

20. MrsBrewer

coconut / 8854 posts

@LindsayInNY: Wow you are holding out a long time!! good for you!!!

21. Eko

nectarine / 2148 posts

So the baby decided today that I should be thorough repulsed by anything sweet today.on halloween. My boss brought in gourmet donuts, couldn't do it. Can't do halloween candy, can't do any of it.

22. MrsBrewer

coconut / 8854 posts

@Eko: Oh man, sweets are my downfall, probably one of the only things that actually does sound good! Sweets and red eat for me! hahahahah

23. LindsayInNY

bananas / 9229 posts

@MrsBrewer: I won't see any of them again after this weekend so that helps!

24. MrsBrewer

coconut / 8854 posts

@LindsayInNY: Oh that helps a ton! Our goal was to wait until Thanksgiving to tell family, and I would have been about 13 weeks then, but we see our families almost every weekend, so it was soooo hard to keep a secret. It would have been a lot easier if we didn't see them as often

25. cascademom

coconut / 8861 posts

@Eko: @MrsBrewer: Sorry about no sweets. Sugar and chicken nuggets are my favorite right now. I ate three donuts yesterday after having LO puke in his crib overnight. LO tried one of my donuts that I brought home. He loves cake and cookies like his mom.

I gained back about 10 pounds from one appointment to my first prenatal appointment. My OB didn't seem too concerned about it once the nausea goes away. Potstickers also quell my nausea really well like last time too. I'm going to get a burger and fries soon. If I wait too long, my nausea is going to overcome me too much.

26. MrsBrewer

coconut / 8854 posts

@cascademom: a burger and fries is my ultimate go to, seriously. Do you have Five Guys by you? That's been my ultimate craving!

27. cascademom

coconut / 8861 posts

@MrsBrewer: We don't have a Five Guys nearby, but there's a local chain called M Burger. There's one in the building connected by a pedway to mine. I'm going to go there. I ate them so much when I was pregnant with LO. I've had fries already this week, but for the sake of nausea, I'll begrudgingly eat them again.

28. 78h2o

grapefruit / 4441 posts

@Eko: That really sucks! I woke up this morning, puked, then spent 20 minutes dry heaving. Fun times. The only thing that I felt like eating was Halloween candy, so I had a snack size Baby Ruth and Butterfinger for breakfast. Felt a little better after that, but have been struggling all day. I think it's all because I stayed up late last night doing Halloween stuff and then my LO decided to wake up extremely early. My inlaws are here visiting, so I'm having fun trying not to look pregnant or sick. I'm off to take a nap now, so hopefully that will help!

Looking forward to taking Julia trick-or-treating tonight. We are allowed to eat candy for two, correct?!

Speaking of yummy food, I had a total craving for a sandwich yesterday. There is a Blimpie at my work, so I got a club panini and had them zap the meat in the microwave first. It was SO good. I think I'm going to get one every week!

29. hilsy85

squash / 13764 posts

Well, I am afraid that I will be leaving you lovely ladies...went for a repeat u/s today, and there was no heartbeat and baby only measured 6w1d. Will be having a d&c next week. I wish you all the best of luck with the rest of your pregnancies!!

30. 78h2o

grapefruit / 4441 posts

@hilsy85: I am so sorry. I hope the d&c and your recovery go smoothly. Please let me know if you ever want to talk or need anything. There are lots of us who have had losses...I know it can feel lonely, but there is a lot of support out there if you need it. Wishing you the very best.

31. Eko

nectarine / 2148 posts

@hilsy85: I'm really sorry to hear that. I hope that you have a speedy recovery and are able to find comfort.

32. cascademom

coconut / 8861 posts

@hilsy85: Hugs. I'm so sorry.

33. MrsBrewer

coconut / 8854 posts

@hilsy85: I am so sorry

34. MrsKMM

apricot / 263 posts

@hilsy85: I'm so sorry

35. BabyMats

nectarine / 2031 posts

@hilsy85: I'm so sorry

36. Corduroy

pomelo / 5258 posts

@hilsy85: I'm so sorry.

37. LindsayInNY

bananas / 9229 posts

@hilsy85: ((hugs)) I am so sorry to hear this... I hope everything goes as well as can be expected.

38. Snowybreeze

apricot / 279 posts

Hi! Hope I'm not too late to join.

EDD: June 17, 2015

How far along: 7 weeks 1 day

First child? No, I have a 22 month DD.

First doctor appointment: 11/24

Any symptoms so far? Nausea, mild cramps (or tingly feelings on pelvis), food aversions, fatigue, some insomnia, teeth sensitivity

Who have you told? Husband (I sent him a picture of DD holding both her hands up "Who wants to be a big sister, raise both hands!").

So, I actually found this board a few days ago but was hesitant to step in
    I started spotting light pink ribbons on Thurs night, was able to get blood work done on Friday. The spotting had stopped for the majority of Friday afternoon, and then during the evening when trick or treaters were ringing bells, I started spotting bright red It wasn't bad I supposed, but watching it from light pink to bright red and a bit heavier did freak me out. At that point I spoke to the on call doctor and she was able to get me the friday blood results, my beta was 167,000. That night whenever I laid down I had no spotting on the panty liner, however when I went to pee 8-9 droplets of blood would follow I decided I cannot take another night of this without knowing for sure, so I talked to the on call doctor again this morning, they can't order a US during the weekend so I went to the ER. Two hours later, I'm back here with some hope! (random fact: if this baby sticks, her middle name is going to be Hope).
    First thing we saw was a strong heartbeat at 146 bpm and baby is measuring at 7 weeks 2 days. Today's beta level was 187,000 (They told me my beta level was a little high and they thought maybe I would have twins but the US only showed 1 baby). They said they found no evidence pointing to a miscarriage. I'm just going to have to follow up with my doctor and most likely will get another US in a week or two. Also, order to be on pelvic rest for a while.

Happy to be here

39. MrsKMM

apricot / 263 posts

@snowybreeze: welcome! Glad things are looking good for you!

40. dc yoga bee

grapefruit / 4770 posts

@Snowybreeze: Welcome!!!! Those betas are high! That's awesome.

Morning Sickness has officially hit...at 9 weeks. What the heck is up with that!?! I threw up 4x this morning. I felt these weird flutters on my left side too, and it wasn't gas. Then after feeling them, I was running to the bathroom.

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee