Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

June 2015 Postpartum Chat

1. LindsayInNY

bananas / 9229 posts

@MrsBrewer: I know they only keep freezer milk for 2 weeks and we either have to take it home or they toss it. But I don't know why they used it the second day? Her normal teacher was out Monday and Tuesday too which doesn't help things either...

2. rpparker

apricot / 363 posts

@LindsayInNY: I feel like I could have written your same updates! I am recovering from the stomach bug so my supply took a huge hit. I guess that's what happens when you can't eat or drink for over 24 hours. I was thankful to have the freezer supply to supplement but now I feel so behind. I'm only able to pump twice at work but I'm going to try to fit in a third pump. And the morning routine in rough! I was up until 11 last night prepping for the morning and it was still a mad rush. And I hate that the little time I have with her in the morning is spent in such chaos!

HJ is rolling from back to belly but then gets stuck! She is now rolling in her crib and I am so terrified of her getting stuck face down. She is in the crib in footed pjs, no blankets, toys, or bumper but she seems to prefer her face directly down instead of to the side. Last night I slept on the floor of her room I was so terrified! If I move her head and rub her back until she is asleep she seems ok for a little while but the will go face down again. If I flip her on her back, she immediately flips back over. Am I being crazy? I have read that if they can roll to their stomachs they are ok but I feel like that assumes they can roll stomach to back too. She can lift her head really well and I feel like she would make a fuss if she truly got stuck but I am worried about her not waking up. Anyone have any ideas?

3. LindsayInNY

bananas / 9229 posts

@rpparker: I've been pumping 3 times at work and once overnight to get enough. The afternoon pump is borderline worthless though. I feel like I get so little for the amount of time it takes. What took so long for last night's prepping?

4. Eko

nectarine / 2148 posts

@LindsayInNY: That's so frustrating and doesn't help with the adjustment going back to work. I would probably be that crazy person calling all the time. Hope it gets better for you!

@rpparker: I would be so scared too and do the same thing you are doing: Does she take naps like that where you could actually watch what she is doing for an extended period of time?

5. hocuspocus

apricot / 373 posts

You guys...I'm not sure but I think Ellie maybe teething? She's been a little monster thes last couple days. Super fussy, clingy, nap strike (last few weeks ) she's had a bad cough and coughing all night not getting much sleep and a runny nose. she's stared to bite down while nursing, yeah it's been fun.....I looked in her mouth yesterday and saw what looked like two lines in her bottom gums. Idk do these look like little teeth?

Sorry no the greatest picture she's a squirmy.

6. Ash

honeydew / 7909 posts

@hocuspocus: looks like teeth to me! Poor baby!

7. rpparker

apricot / 363 posts

@LindsayInNY: I really don't know! I did some extra meal prep, DH got stuck in traffic which made dinner later, I had a board meeting today so had to iron some clothes...it was just a long evening!

@Eko: We still hold her or do the RNP for naps at home! We need to move to the crib for naps!

8. Eko

nectarine / 2148 posts

@hocuspocus: those kind of look like teeth to me, but I'm not expert.

9. Mrs.KMM

grapefruit / 4355 posts

@rpparker: Ellie is the same. Flipping from back to belly but can't do belly to back. And she is flipping herself so that all naps and night sleeping are on her belly. I'm not really stressing since they say if she can get herself to her belly, she's fine to sleep that way. She's just in a footed sleeper with empty crib. Really, if they can lift their head, they could move/adjust themselves if they couldn't breathe (even if they can't flip back to their back).

10. LindsayInNY

bananas / 9229 posts

I thought babies usually went belly to back first and later back to belly? Is that not the case?

11. 78h2o

grapefruit / 4441 posts

@hocuspocus: the pic is too blurry for me to tell. They do have something called tooth buds that appear before teeth, at least I think, so maybe it is that. It could be teeth though. Are you looking at the top or bottom? I think bottom ones come first.

@rpparker: I always want to go to bed earlier than I do! The packing lunches, cleaning the kitchen, washing pump parts, packing my stuff always keeps me up too late. However, I've got to figure something out because with LO waking up now so often between 2-6, I really need to go to bed earlier. Last night I went to bed at 10 and slept for 4 straight hours before she woke me up at 2. Believe it or not, that made a huge difference, even though I got the same total amount of sleep. I think I'm going to try to go to bed at 9pm unprepared for the next day so that I can sleep for 5 hours straight. I'll get up for the day after her 5am feed instead of trying to go back to sleep for an hour.

12. Mrs.KMM

grapefruit / 4355 posts

@LindsayInNY: Of babies I know IRL, it's been about 50/50 on which direction they rolled first.

Ellie did belly to back 6-8 times at around 8 or 9 weeks and then forgot how to and hasn't done it since! But she's mastered back to belly at this point.

13. MrsBrewer

coconut / 8854 posts

So J is officially a roller now, and she rolls on her belly to sleep at night. Scares the crap out of me!

What size diapers is everyone's LO in? We are in 2's but I'm going to start buying 3's now!

14. hocuspocus

apricot / 373 posts

@MrsBrewer: we just finished up our size 2's we were having way too many blowouts in them. The 3's definitely fit better.

15. LindsayInNY

bananas / 9229 posts

@MrsBrewer: She's in the tail end of 1s. Was 3 months on Friday.

16. 78h2o

grapefruit / 4441 posts

We still have a bunch of sz 2s to use up, but I'm buying 3s next!

17. Eko

nectarine / 2148 posts

@MrsBrewer: We have a couple packs of size 2s we are finishing up and then moving up to size 3. We just started using size 3 at night since he had some leaks and isn't changed as frequently.

18. Eko

nectarine / 2148 posts

@78h2o: too cute! She looks like she had a Mohawk in that pic.

19. Eko

nectarine / 2148 posts

We vacationed at my moms beach house this weekend. Getting so sad this is my last week of leave.

20. Jess1483

nectarine / 2641 posts

@MrsBrewer: we are firmly in 3s (although I only use them at night as we cd during the day...usually...unless dh is diapering). It's hilarious to me because DS was in size 3s when he potty trained at 2.5. Their size difference continues to entertain me.

21. dc yoga bee

grapefruit / 4770 posts

I hope everyone is doing well! It's been a while since I posted. M is teething, and it's the canines! The doctor was surprised because those usually don't come in until 17months! Everyone keeps telling me she is making room for the next baby. I've even been asked if I'm pregnant. I really want to tell them considering I have an IUD naw, I'm good! At yesterday's 4 month shots, she was 12lbs 3.8oz, and 23 1/2 inches long. She's in the 13th percentile for weight. The doctor said she's petite, but proportionate and steadily cloning her growth curve.

@MrsBrewer: M has been in size 2 for 6 weeks now. But, the huggies size 2 don't fit, and pampers size 2 are slightly big. Crazy. She's also in size 3M clothing, and some size 6.

22. Eko

nectarine / 2148 posts

@dc yoga bee: wow she's getting her canines! Get it over with I guess right?! Interesting how diapers can fit so differently. I find that pampers fit W smaller than huggies. We don't have a preference, but since pampers run smaller I use those first.

23. dc yoga bee

grapefruit / 4770 posts

@Eko: Yes! We've had a few rough nights with the teething. She loves her vibrating teething strawberry, and my dad picked up Sophie the girafe which she loves as well. We don't know what it is about huggies. She's long, and obviously pretty petite but they don't even go around her waist! And we have the size two 12-16lbs box. I'm using them in a diaper cake for a co-worker.

24. ldh112

kiwi / 556 posts

@MrsBrewer: @LindsayInNY: She is finishing up a pack of 1's as well (she was 3 months Thursday). She's 11 lb 11 oz as of last Monday.

@DC Yoga bee: My daughter is also moving up to 3-6 months in some things, especially because she is so long! It sort of depends on the brand.

25. cascademom

coconut / 8861 posts

We're firmly in 2s and will be for awhile. We just moved up from 1s not too long ago. At daycare, J sleeps on his tummy but doesn't roll from back to tummy so much. At home, he sleeps on his back. I'm not too concerned since E took until 5 months or so to do the rolling from back to tummy for sleeping consistently. That time, we didn't entertain CIO until 6 months. This time around, J has CIO'ed already because of lack of space in our condo until we move.

26. ldh112

kiwi / 556 posts

@Eko: sounds like a nice way to end leave super cute picture

27. Eko

nectarine / 2148 posts

@dc yoga bee: that's funny. I consider W the same, long and slim through the waist and I still think huggies fits better, lol. I was gifted 4 boxes of size 1 diapers, when I didn't need any of them, and I exchanged them at Walmart without a receipt. Another idea in case you really need them.

28. Eko

nectarine / 2148 posts

@ldh112: thanks!

29. hocuspocus

apricot / 373 posts

Ellie is a chunk! She weighed 14.5 lbs on Tuesday! She's recently become very obsessed with her feet.

30. MrsBrewer

coconut / 8854 posts

Had to share this one! J is fascinated with our dog!! They will just stare at each other forever! But then my dog normally loses and likes J! Hahaha

We went to the Dr this last Monday, and she was 14lbs 10oz!!

31. Jess1483

nectarine / 2641 posts

E is about 15.5 pounds now and we are in 6-9 month clothes.

(I went to Vegas for work and spent a whole morning taking pictures of e in front of Vegas landmarks, haha)

32. Eko

nectarine / 2148 posts

@hocuspocus: love the bow! W seems fascinated with his knees so he hasn't moved onto his toes yet.

@MrsBrewer: that's great you found something that entertains her for so long! Really cute quilt!

@Jess1483: omg look at his cheeks! W is almost 16 pounds and wears all 6 month clothes now. He's really tall and lanky so he grows out of everything in height first.

33. dc yoga bee

grapefruit / 4770 posts

4 months, and 12lbs 3.8oz!

34. dc yoga bee

grapefruit / 4770 posts

@hocuspocus: What a doll!
    @Jess1483: What a cutie!
    @MrsBrewer: Precious!! Our Yorkies are finally coming around to M.
    @Eko: I love this photo!

35. MrsBrewer

coconut / 8854 posts

@dc yoga bee: she is beautiful! Look at that smile!!

36. 78h2o

grapefruit / 4441 posts

@dc yoga bee: look at all that hair! What a cutie!
    @Jess1483: love all of the pics you took of him in Vegas! So fun!
    @MrsBrewer: aww, cute pup!
    @hocuspocus: so pretty! Holly loves her toes too!
    @Eko: awe, you guys are so cute!

I don't know how big Holly is, but I think 16-17#??? We go to the doc for her 4m visit in the morning, so I'll find out then!

37. Eko

nectarine / 2148 posts

@dc yoga bee: what a doll! Love that smile and hair

38. Mrs.KMM

grapefruit / 4355 posts

@MrsBrewer: we're in 2s but I won't be buying any more. Moving to 3s once they are used up. Oh - and we're having to use overnight diapers at bedtime.

39. Mrs.KMM

grapefruit / 4355 posts

Everyone's babies are precious! We'll be doing our 4 month pictures tomorrow but I'll share one from last week's zoo trip now.

Ellie goes in on Tuesday for her 4 month appointment and we are betting she is over 17 lbs!

40. cascademom

coconut / 8861 posts

Oh, here's a recent pic of baby J.

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee