Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

June 2015 Postpartum Chat

1. MrsSRS

nectarine / 2987 posts

Jumping on the photo train!

2. hocuspocus

apricot / 373 posts

All the little ones are soo adorable and getting so big! Love seeing all the pictures!

3. Mrs.KMM

grapefruit / 4355 posts

Post-baby chop! I got so fed up with the postpartum shedding that I had over 10 inches cut off this morning. So much better!

4. 78h2o

grapefruit / 4441 posts

How did your LOs do with their 4 mo shots? H did great with her 2m shots, but this time around, she's miserable. Daycare has called me twice saying that she's been crying inconsolably for hours, which is SO unlike her. She took a bottle this morning, but apparently would not take her 2nd bottle of the day. I feel so bad and helpless since I am at work and can't help her. I called her ped and am waiting for a call back. I left Tylenol with her daycare this morning after giving her one dose, but they can't give it to her because the note I had from the doctor did not include administration times. I faxed a new form to the doctor and am waiting for her to send it to the daycare so that she can have a second dose. I have to work until 7:30 tonight too. My husband picks her up tonight around 5:30. Never again am I sending her to daycare on the same day as shots!!!

5. Eko

nectarine / 2148 posts

@78h2o: Ohhh im sorry! That stinks. W gets his 4 month shots on Monday. I planned it so I wouldn't have to be at work since his 2 month shots were awful. Not real advice just sympathy. I am not sure how your shots were given but My aunt (who is a nurse in a pediatrician office) mentioned that one of the shots is really concentrated and to ask that that one is given by itself. But that I mean like in one leg without a second shot in the same leg. Hope she feels better soon!

6. ldh112

kiwi / 556 posts

Sounds like how our two month shots went. She doesn't turn four months until the end of October and definitely dreading those. Tylenol really seemed to help. Is there anything you can do on a lunch break or anything to get the note figure it out for daycare
    ETA just realized you did Mention fixing the note. Hopefully that happens quickly so she can feel better!!

7. Mrs.KMM

grapefruit / 4355 posts

@78h2o: I'm sorry! E gets her 4 month shots tomorrow. Hopefully H can get another dose of meds soon! Is there any chance you can get away from work early tonight and get home to snuggle a little sooner?

8. MrsBrewer

coconut / 8854 posts

@78h2o: oh no poor thing!! Now I'm nervous, J goes for her shots on Friday!

9. MrsBrewer

coconut / 8854 posts

@Mrs.KMM: gorgeous!!! You haircut looks amazing!!! I hear you on the shedding, I swear I'm going to be bald in a month if it keeps up....

10. cascademom

coconut / 8861 posts

@78h2o: We did 4 month shots last Friday. His naps are already a little messed up with the switch from RNP to PNP. He got super fussy ahead of bedtime. I dosed him with Tylenol for the night. He slept off the fussiness and was fine after that.

11. hocuspocus

apricot / 373 posts

@78h2o: oh no! Poor holly. Hope she starts feeling better soon!

Ellie hasn't had her 4 mos shots yet. Shes a little behind because she's had this nasty cough and it's still not going away. Hoping to get her back in to see her dr. Today or tomorrow. I'm so worried about whooping cough! She's so miserable. I feel like the pediatricians office is sick of me and DH calling constantly.

@Mrs.KMM: love the new haircut! I think it's time I get a mommy makeover now too!

12. Mrs.KMM

grapefruit / 4355 posts

Here's one of my favorites from Ellie's 4 month photo shoot today!

How are our babies turning 4 months already?!?! I feel like she was just born!

13. dc yoga bee

grapefruit / 4770 posts

@Mrs.KMM: @MrsSRS: Cuties!!!!

M had her 4 month shots Friday. I gave her Tylenol right after the shots, since they wouldn't let me give her s dose in the office, and then another dose at bedtime since she was super fussy. Saturday during the day she was okay, but got super fussy mid-day, so we have her another dose of Tylenol and then she was fine. Hopefully , your doctor sent the form and LO is feeling better after that second dose of Tylenol. Shots are rough on all parties involved!

14. Mrs.KMM

grapefruit / 4355 posts

E got her 4 month shots this morning. She's been a bit fussier today but not too bad so far. The pediatrician said that it was just the second dose of everything she got at 2 months so hopefully she'll handle them about the same.

15. cascademom

coconut / 8861 posts

Baby J woke up 4 times last night. He's either teething or itchy or both. He's got a bad bout of infant eczema right now. Last night, I used some hydro cortisone on him, he scratched himself, and bled a bit. This morning, I put tons of Aquaphor on him too. I went back to using probiotics in hopes of helping him too. I'm so tired right now. I could fall asleep. I want to pump, go home, and nap right now.

16. Jess1483

nectarine / 2641 posts

@cascademom: we've had 3 bad nights in a row. I suspect we've hit the 4-month regression. Here's hoping it doesn't last long.

17. cascademom

coconut / 8861 posts

@Jess1483: Same here. We've had a few bad nights. Last night was the worst in awhile. Poor guy is slathered in Aquaphor hoping to get the redness down plus teeth possibly hurting. I may dose him with Tylenol tonight in the name of sleep. He slept well over the weekend, but past couple of nights have been tough. This morning, I let him cry in his PNP while I got makeup on and then got him ready. My DH suggested staying home and sleeping. I just took PTO last week. I'm not going to this week with future daycare visits coming up.

18. Jess1483

nectarine / 2641 posts

@cascademom: yeah, I've been pretty zombie like. Have you tried the babyganics eczema cream? It's really helped us.

19. cascademom

coconut / 8861 posts

@Jess1483: We haven't. We're using some Burt's Bees unscented/dye free shampoo/wash on him. I have some baby Eucerin too. I'm going to see how he did at daycare today. It'll be another day of rinse and repeat with keeping him slathered up.

20. Jess1483

nectarine / 2641 posts

@cascademom: Poor guy. I hope he's better. I've actually been using the Babyganics stuff on my hands because they're in rough shape, and it's really helping. Maybe if the aquaphor regimen doesn't work, give that a shot? I got it at Target.

21. Eko

nectarine / 2148 posts

@cascademom: W has some eczema issues too. We have just been using aquaphor and that seems to make a difference for us. I use their baby soap too and try to bathe him less. Hope your LO feels better soon!

@Mrs.KMM: too cute!

22. 78h2o

grapefruit / 4441 posts

@cascademom: are you nursing? Have you tried putting breast milk on it?

23. Eko

nectarine / 2148 posts

@Mrs.KMM: you've totally inspired me to chop my hair. I don't have enough to donate but it needs to go. I'm going with a bigger change and getting it colored too. The shedding is nuts.

24. Mrs.KMM

grapefruit / 4355 posts

@Eko: yay! Post before and after photos! The shedding is so much better with it shorter. I didn't lose handfuls in the shower last night.

25. cascademom

coconut / 8861 posts

@Jess1483: I use the Aveeno Baby eczema lotion on my hands. It's the only lotion that works during the winter. Last night, Baby J's skin looked a lot better. The regimen is working for now. Switching his bath shampoo/wash really helped it along too. He has cradle cap too, so him getting eczema isn't that big of a stretch.

26. cascademom

coconut / 8861 posts

@78h2o: I haven't tried it, but the lotions and better bath soap seem to help so far.

27. Eko

nectarine / 2148 posts

Got my hair cut and colored today. My hair normally didn't look like that. We had hurricane rain here today.

28. MrsSRS

nectarine / 2987 posts

@Eko: @Mrs.KMM: I'm so impressed! Meanwhile I'm over here rocking the unbrushed mom bun.

29. Eko

nectarine / 2148 posts

@MrsSRS: I like buns! I would've rocked them myself but had crazy layers so it always looked like a frayed mess.

30. Mrs.KMM

grapefruit / 4355 posts

@Eko: cute! Love the new color!

31. 78h2o

grapefruit / 4441 posts

@Eko: cute! Love the cut and color! I got mine highlighted a month or two ago and it made me feel so much better!

Man, I am already struggling with milk production at work. She needs 12oz for the next day if I don't have to work late or 16oz if I do. Lately I have only been getting 9 oz total at work, so I have to stay up and pump before bed to get the rest. I've also had to break into my dwindling stash once or twice this week. I think I'm going to order More Milk Plus and start with that. Not sure what the issue is... maybe not enough sleep? I had supply issues last time too... I don't think my body responds well to the pump. I have noticed that if pump earlier in the day, I end up with a higher overall milk total than if I pump the same number of times later in the day. I think I'm going to try pumping on the way to work or right when I get there and then again at 10, 1, and 4.

I am happy that we at least made it to 4 months without any supplementing. Not that formula is bad, but last time I found formula to be both helpful/stress-relieving and a slippery slope, so I'm trying to avoid it until 6 mo like I did with my first.

ETA: I'm curious when you all plan to start solids? Holly's ped said she could start rice cereal now or it would be find to hold off. I thought the current recommendation was to wait until 6m? Maybe I am wrong? I never did rice cereal with Julia... we went straight to sweet potatoes at 6m.

Oh, Holly was not 16# like I thought. At the ped on Monday she was 15 lbs 5 oz and 25.5".

32. hocuspocus

apricot / 373 posts

@Eko: love it!!

33. Eko

nectarine / 2148 posts

@78h2o: Sorry you are having supply issues. Hopefully the new schedule works out. I think most doctors recommend solids, specifically rice cereal, at different times. My impression is 4 months is the earliest it's recommended but 6 is the standard now. Then other foods start at 6 months. My doctor won't recommend rice cereal until 6 months, but i may start W earlier. W eats about 32-34oz. in a day and at night between 5:30-8:00 he will eat about 14 ounces alone. The more he eats the more it seems to aggravate his reflux and rice cereal is suppose to help so I may do it for that reason.

34. 78h2o

grapefruit / 4441 posts

@Eko: I did much better today with just starting my pumping sessions earlier. I got 15 ounces total.

35. Mrs.KMM

grapefruit / 4355 posts

@78h2o: my pediatrician said that rice cereal, oatmeal, and purées are all fine at this point so DD has had sweet potatoes, squash, peas, carrots, and green beans so far. I also bought oatmeal today to try that.

She LOVES squash and sweet potatoes! She's been averaging ~34 oz of formula per day and weighs 16 lbs 7 oz so I figured it couldn't hurt to give her more nutrient sources.

36. Jess1483

nectarine / 2641 posts

@78h2o: I waited until 6 months with P (well, little sips of water at 4 months to teach different mouth mechanics, then small tastes of foods at 5 months, but no real feeding until 6 months.) And then P hated solids and it was a battle and we ended up doing BLW. So...I'm not sure that's the way we'll go

But actually, I've been reading a lot on the "Science of Mom," and have been interested to read some of that. I'm thinking we'll feed between 4 and 6 months, when he hits some of the milestones she talks about here: http://scienceofmom.com/2015/05/28/4-signs-your-baby-is-ready-for-solid-foods/
    And Here:
    http://scienceofmom.com/2015/05/14/starting-solids-4-months-6-months-or-somewhere-in-between/

I know you love your research

E is 17ish pounds now (at 3.5 months). I don't even know what to do with a baby this big! P was 17 pounds at about 1.5 years, and only weighs 25 pounds at nearly 3.

37. Mrs.KMM

grapefruit / 4355 posts

Here's E enjoying her first solids (sweet potatoes)!

@Jess1483: E is doing all of those things (sitting with minor assistance, head control, opening mouth for and leaning towards spoon, keeping most of the purée in her mouth, etc).

38. Corduroy

pomelo / 5258 posts

I'm behind due to a bout of mastitis and a week long trip to the in laws where DD got croup.

DS had his 4 month appt today (a week & a half early). He's 18lbs 7oz. 97th percentile for wt, 99th for height. We still have about 300 size 2 diapers. I don't think we'll make it through those.

The pediatrician took some pictures of his butt to send to pediatric surgery to review for tethered spine risk. Never thought I'd be spreading butt cheeks for a photoshoot.

I hope the shots aren't too disruptive.

39. MrsBrewer

coconut / 8854 posts

4 month appointment today here too. I was 15 lbs 2 oz, and 26.5 inches long. Putting her in the 99% for height! Makes sense since she's in 6-9 and 9 month clothes now!

40. Corduroy

pomelo / 5258 posts

@MrsBrewer: We'd be moving into 9 month clothes too but I'm waiting for the hand me downs. I haven't bought this guy anything because we've been swimming in hand me downs from two friends with babies that are 6 months older. They must still be wearing their 9 month stuff. Slow down kiddo. I wanted to ride this hand me down train for a few more months.

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee