Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

June 2015 Postpartum Chat

1. 78h2o

grapefruit / 4441 posts

@Eko: On the weekend, she will go back to sleep until 7:30-8. I think she ideally wants to sleep 12 hrs. I'll try though!

2. Eko

nectarine / 2148 posts

@78h2o: Yes! we are fairly similar. W ideally goes to sleep at 8:30, feeds at 3:30, wakes up from 6:00-7:00ish and is back to sleep until 9. We ultimately ended up co-sleeping because having him in his own room so early seemed too scary, then he would not sleep in his RNP or PNP, and he was throwing up and sometimes choking from the reflux, so in the bed with us he went. I find that since we started co-sleeping I am surprised by how aware I am with W in the bed. It's been a good scenario so far, but definitely don't want him to still be in our bed when he is like one or something. I probably just need to cut myself some slack, he's only 4 months old, whatever we are doing can't be too damaging at this age, right?!

3. Mrs.KMM

grapefruit / 4355 posts

@rosegold: If it makes you feel better, the four-month shots are just for the second dose of everything that is given at two months. So your LO will not be getting anything new. How did the two month shots go?

4. rosegold

apricot / 428 posts

@Mrs.KMM: just an hour long scream session five hours after the immunizations. thanks for the kind words though!! he's a happy dude right now, had his shots this morning.

5. rosegold

apricot / 428 posts

@Eko: it's a little bear suit! getting chilly here in DC. thank you, so far so good!

6. LindsayInNY

bananas / 9229 posts

Gah this 4 month regression is killing me!!

How I feel about Q's 5:30 wake up ... How Q feels about her 5:30 wake up.

7. Mrs.KMM

grapefruit / 4355 posts

@LindsayInNY: haha! I love the onesie!

8. Eko

nectarine / 2148 posts

@LindsayInNY: love the face! Hope you get out of the regression soon!!

9. 78h2o

grapefruit / 4441 posts

@LindsayInNY: she's so cute!!!!

Totally feel you on the sleep regression. H was up last night every 2 hrs. Ridiculous!

10. LindsayInNY

bananas / 9229 posts

@Mrs.KMM: Thanks!! Our neighbor bought it for her. She was such a great sleeper I thought it would never be appropriate - HAH!

@Eko: She's also Queen of the pouty lower lip! It kills me.

@78h2o: Oh man. I would die if it was that often. What do you do?! How do you even function??

11. Eko

nectarine / 2148 posts

@LindsayInNY: W gets a wicked good pouty lip going too. I just laugh at him everytime he does it.

12. LindsayInNY

bananas / 9229 posts

@Eko: It started with just a pouty lip and some quivering. Lately she's added massive crocodile tears! Oh the drama! And then her eyes and face are all blotchy red after she cries. Definitely gets that from her mama!

13. 78h2o

grapefruit / 4441 posts

This is an old photo, but it's hard not to smile at her little pouts. Poor babe!

This morning...

14. 78h2o

grapefruit / 4441 posts

@LindsayInNY: I am barely functional and super cranky! It's not pretty!

15. rosegold

apricot / 428 posts

@78h2o: she is absolutely adorable!!

16. Mrs.KMM

grapefruit / 4355 posts

@78h2o: precious!

DD slept for 11 hours last night! Maybe we are finally getting to the point where she goes to bed and then wakes up for the day with no bottles anywhere through the night.

17. cascademom

coconut / 8861 posts

@78h2o: @LindsayInNY: Baby J had a few wakeups last night. So tired. It's after my second day of visiting daycares in our new suburb. Yeah for the daycare I picked being 3 minutes away from our new house.

18. Eko

nectarine / 2148 posts

@78h2o: too cute! W has a similar pout lip. Sorry you and @cascademom: are having so many wake ups. Hope you all come out of it soon!

@cascademom: is LO already in daycare? Maybe starting somewhere new he'll be too tired to wake up so frequently.

19. cascademom

coconut / 8861 posts

@Eko: Yep, he's in daycare already for about a month now. He's pretty tired when he comes home. Last night was a little messed up for him with routine. With the new daycare, he'll be sleeping in a real crib in a lit room (center experience versus an at home daycare). It'll be an adjustment for him, so hopefully sleep will be good post move.

20. LindsayInNY

bananas / 9229 posts

@78h2o: Aww, so cute!!

@cascademom: Jealous! I wish our daycare was 3 minutes away!

21. 78h2o

grapefruit / 4441 posts

Thanks!

I gave Holly a bottle of defrosted milk after she nursed before bed (mainly because I would have to throw it out otherwise) and she just woke up once at 3:30. I'm going to try it again tonight.

22. hocuspocus

apricot / 373 posts

@LindsayInNY: omg so cute! I loove her little onesie.

@78h2o: so pretty!

We're still having sleep issues. It's getting a little better because I caved and started swaddling E again at night. We were trying to stop and she wasn't sleeping well at all! Her little arms are restless. Also she's been sleeping in bed with me and I feel like it's helping with the MOTN feedings. She still wakes up about 2x a night.

This pic is old but it's one of my favorites. So dramatic!

23. Jess1483

nectarine / 2641 posts

I thought we'd made our way through the regression last week, but that was apparently just a teaser. Two nights ago was awful. But last night was a tad bit better (one "i'm mad" wake-up at 1:30, then a feed at 3:30). When we went through the "teaser" regression, I went back to swaddling (we'd been in the Merlin.) When we're through this one, I might go cold turkey.

24. Eko

nectarine / 2148 posts

@78h2o: I think our LO's are on similar sleep schedules. W eats at 6:00pm and also as he goes to bed at 8:00pm. He will eat a total of 14 ounces in that time. If he eats any less he wakes up before his next feeding at 3:30. So, just hoping this works out for you!

25. Jess1483

nectarine / 2641 posts

@78h2o: I've been giving E a bottle of fresh-expressed milk (so he isn't too tired to eat a full meal) and then letting him nurse as well before bed. It definitely helps.

26. LindsayInNY

bananas / 9229 posts

@hocuspocus: Bahaha! I love that expression!

This is one of my faves (it's so old already!)

27. cascademom

coconut / 8861 posts

@78h2o: We're doing a 2 oz. bottle of formula before nursing at night. Our daycare did a bottle of formula before nap to help him sleep through teething. It was working well at home until last night. I also do 15 minutes of tummy time before pjs and formula/nursing.

28. hocuspocus

apricot / 373 posts

@LindsayInNY: so funny/adorable. Love all the little expressions LO makes. Also, we have this jammies

29. LindsayInNY

bananas / 9229 posts

@hocuspocus: She outgrew it already

30. Corduroy

pomelo / 5258 posts

I think in my last post I said we had no intention to sleep train at this point. And then we did. I looked up the old blog post about the book Bed Timing and got scared that we might miss a good window of time. So we just took a shot. It has helped DS develop some self soothing skills. Not sure if it will stick. It might be coincidence but car trips have been so much quieter since we started the training. We did not notice that with LO1.

We're traveling this weekend and then I go back to work next week. My parents will stay with us so LO gets bumped back to our room. And he has to learn to take a bottle. Just a few changes for him.

31. LindsayInNY

bananas / 9229 posts

@Corduroy: Tell me more!

32. MrsBrewer

coconut / 8854 posts

@cascademom: same here! We do 2oz of formula before nursing before bed! It help J sleep so well most nights she will sleep from 8:30-6, sometime she wakes up between 3-4 to eat once. Which is fine with me!

When is everyone planning on starting solids?

33. cascademom

coconut / 8861 posts

@MrsBrewer: It really does help with the sleep most nights. This time around, I have no problem with a little bit of formula. With E, I felt like a failure before my milk came in with the supplementing and then when it dried up around 8 months. Now, it's not such a big deal. it's food and helps him sleep through the teething, so no complaints here.

34. MrsBrewer

coconut / 8854 posts

@cascademom: Yes!!! Totally my mindset as well! Plus with the formula at night, I always have DH give J the bottle, that way he can feed her to every once and awhile, I think he really enjoys it. I feel like it's a win for everyone!

35. Eko

nectarine / 2148 posts

@MrsBrewer: W sleeps about the same as well. Currently we put a little rice into his bottle, which we do to help with his reflux then anything else. We have been giving W only a little bit of solids already. We only sit down about once a week and just practice and see what he's interested in. I only do one food a week so I don't overload his system. I won't try to increase the frequency until he's at least 5 months. He's still not super great at holding himself up.

36. hocuspocus

apricot / 373 posts

@MrsBrewer: we're planning on going the BLW route so we aren't going to start solids until E is at least 6 mos old. I'm so weirdly excited about it though! I think it'll be so much fun seeing her try different foods.

I know it's only October but I can't wait until the holidays! It's going to be so fun to play santa.

37. 78h2o

grapefruit / 4441 posts

@hocuspocus: your avatar pic is so adorable!

We're going to wait until 6+ months for solids and formula (if needed), as I am sort of a believer in the whole virgin gut hypothesis. I'm excited for her to start solids (our plan is to give her pureed sweet potatoes on TG), but I know it will be a lot more work/mess!

38. 78h2o

grapefruit / 4441 posts

I haven't been doing the bottle of pumped milk (since it requires more pumping, which I hate), but H was up last night to nurse at 12, 3, and 5, so I think I might need to try it again!

39. Jess1483

nectarine / 2641 posts

@78h2o: do you have a good link about that? I'm still torn but right now persuaded toward starting a bit earlier to prevent allergies.

We were all in one hotel room last night, so I don't even know how many times I nursed. 4+ at least.

40. 78h2o

grapefruit / 4441 posts

@Jess1483: I'm torn too... I don't think anything is conclusive. I'll see what I can find.

This is a blog post about it (http://www.thealphaparent.com/2011/07/virgin-gut-note-for-parents.html)... obviously not scientific, though she does cite a number of studies. I'll look around for the journal article that swayed me. I have to say though that I change my mind about this often!

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee