Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

June 2015 Postpartum Chat

1. Mrs.KMM

grapefruit / 4355 posts

What is everyone dressing their LOs up as for Halloween? We're doing a big Wizard of Oz group costume with friends and E is going to be the yellow brick road. I finished sewing her costume last night.

I hope to see lots of cute costumed babies on this thread after tomorrow! 😀

2. Eko

nectarine / 2148 posts

@Mrs.KMM: Cute picture! Does she have red hair or is that just from the picture?

DH and I are not dressing up, but I am trying to pull together materials so W is going to be Where's Waldo.

3. Mrs.KMM

grapefruit / 4355 posts

@Eko: her hair isn't red at all in person but sometimes it looks that way in pictures.

4. Eko

nectarine / 2148 posts

@Mrs.KMM: awww too cute We too have been fighting a cold in the house. W is just getting over it now, but it has been super annoying and lingering around for forever. Glad E doesn't have an ear infection.

5. hocuspocus

apricot / 373 posts

@Mrs.KMM: OMG look at her smile! She is way too cute. I want to see pictures of her costume, sounds like such a cute idea.

We went to my nieces Halloween first bday party this weekend. We have two outfits E has worn so far a piglet outfit and a little ghost tutu onesie. She may be a kitty tomorrow. Here's a pic of her little piglet beanie and her ghost costume cant really see it well in this photo...

6. Eko

nectarine / 2148 posts

Trick r treat was short lived but W loved the houses that were decorated. I think he will love Halloween as he gets older. Here's a pic of his costume. We also got some nice pictures done outside today.

7. 78h2o

grapefruit / 4441 posts

Gah, the Halloween pics are sooooo cute!

Here are Holly's...

8. MrsBrewer

coconut / 8854 posts

Here's Jana's costume! She was an adorable little tiger!

9. hocuspocus

apricot / 373 posts

Ellie's 5 mo. photo. Seriously can't believe she's 5 mos. already.

10. 78h2o

grapefruit / 4441 posts

@hocuspocus: aww, she's so cute! I hate how fast they are growing up!!!

11. cascademom

coconut / 8861 posts

Haven't checked into this thread since last week when we closed on our condo and new house and then moved. Our poor kids have gone through so many transitions so fast with the move to the burbs. Our three year old is being a hell of a threeanger. The baby had a boatload of wake ups for a couple of weeks at a time.

Both of them are now going to the same center. When we switched, I didn't realize how much formula the baby is getting. I contacted our old daycare and had a better idea of his feeding schedule. My milk makes up about a quarter of his nutrition. I'm totally cool with it this time around. He gets three bottles of formula and one of breastmilk. I think his fuller tummy has helped with his sleep. We'll see if that's the case this weekend when it's me and him for feeding. I may offer a bigger bottle of formula at some point to see if it's the case.

12. Eko

nectarine / 2148 posts

How is everyone doing? It's been a while since we all checked in!

Everything is good over here. W just got over a cold, thank goodness. He also got his first tooth! We are finally on a long sleep schedule. We are going to be flying to Florida for Thanksgiving and it's our first time flying with him. It's super early so hopefully won't be too bad. We are going to crib transition him after the trip. I've also started seeing a therapist for some ppd which really escalated once I started going back to work. I think it's going ok so far and hoping it really works out for me.

Also, we've figured out he really really loves classical music. It's the only thing that keeps him calm in the car. He even practices playing piano on our keyboard.

13. Mrs.KMM

grapefruit / 4355 posts

We are doing great! DD has become so solid at sitting up and she can stand if she has something to hold onto. No teeth yet but she is still enjoying purées and is a fantastic sleeper. We consistently get 12 hours at night!

She stayed with her first real babysitter a couple of weeks ago (college age girl who nannies for a family in our neighborhood). She seemed to have a great time!

14. MrsBrewer

coconut / 8854 posts

@Mrs.KMM: wow at standing up!!!! My LO will sit on her own now pretty well!

Everything else is going well, still no teeth, but she has been teething for the last month or two now and I just want the teeth to come through! We are still breastfeeding, but she's eating solids now too. Normally a pureed veggie mid morning, and then cereal at dinner time.

15. hocuspocus

apricot / 373 posts

@Mrs.KMM: look at her! Too cute!! Love her little jacket.

@MrsBrewer: such a cutie pie. I spy sophie the giraffe!

All is well over here. No teeth yet but I think, or at least I hope they'll be coming in soon! E has been soo fussy lately and neither of us are getting much sleep nowadays. She's waking up at least 3 times a night. We recently got teething tablets and they seem to be helping a little. She is just starting to crawl and getting into EVERYTHING! Excited to be starting solids soon!

16. LindsayInNY

bananas / 9229 posts

We are (hopefully) out of the nasty four month sleep regression now. Had some really rough nights with wake ups every 2-3 hours. This week she's back to sleep 7-9 hour stretches (usually only gets 9-10 hours a night). We've been using Merlin's magic suit and she's been in the crib this week so I'm hopeful! We have our five month checkup on Monday. Still exclusively breastfeeding and it's gotten so much easier after about the two month mark. Teething like a mofo - everything is in her mouth, she's drooling like crazy, but nothing visible yet. And no foods yet. I'm going to ask her doctor Monday but we're likely waiting until 6 months. I'd like to do a combo of BLW (at home) and purées but we'll see!

17. Corduroy

pomelo / 5258 posts

We didn't really have a 4 month sleep regression but we're in the middle of something. DS went from good sleeper, sleep trained to waking every 2 hours. He also wakes for the day at 4am. He gives the most incredible smiles and giggles at 4am. It is our special one on one time but I am beat. It's helpful to see so many dealing with teething. That is probably what it is.

We're still EBFing. I went back to work a month ago and pumping has been going well. I got a cracked nipple last week that hurt so bad. I almost left work because wearing a shirt was unbearable. It's much better now but still cracked which makes me worried about mastitis round 3.

DS has rolled 3 times that we've seen. LO1 only rolled about a total of 5 times so I think they'll be similar in that regard.

18. MamaB

cherry / 234 posts

We are doing well here! LO is sitting up, and becoming so much fun! DH is really loving that he's able to interact more with her now. She had her first taste of food besides my milk this week. She chewed on some avocado, green beans and a slice of plain pancake. She's also found this weird scrunchy face smile, hopefully she grows out of that before our 6 month photo shoot next month.

19. Mrs.KMM

grapefruit / 4355 posts

Happy thanksgiving everyone! E did her 1st 5k this morning then she enjoyed a festival meal of puréed carrots, corn and pumpkin. We also let her taste our sweet potatoes, mashed potatoes, and gravy.

20. MrsBrewer

coconut / 8854 posts

@Mrs.KMM: what a cutie!!! Love her chubby cheeks!

21. rpparker

apricot / 363 posts

Finally able to sit down and catch up with everyone's posts! So fun to see all of your beautiful babies! Fingers crossed, we are hopefully nearing the end of the 4 month regression. HJ was up every night at 10, 2, 4 and 6 like clockwork and would only nap over 30 minutes if someone was holding her! We are currently on Day 2 of nap training and it is going pretty well. Yesterday, I got 2, 2 hour long crib naps with no crying over 10 minutes. She battled me for this morning nap but she is currently still snoozing! The past two nights we have gone back to our one wakeup around 2am but I can handle that compared to our every 2 hour wake ups!

I quit my job mid November and I have a new part time job starting in February! I'm so enjoying this extra time with HJ and look forward to a better life/work balance next years. Some of you might have read my separate thread about my boss but she was unbearable after I got back from maternity leave.

I had to supplement with some formula when I was still working but we are back to EBF now that I'm home. We have tried some mashed up bananas and while she is excited to try them, once they hit her mouth she is not happy! I'm pretty sure she still hasn't swallowed anything but it's so fun to start trying.

22. MrsBrewer

coconut / 8854 posts

@rpparker: Gorgeous!!! I'm glad you were able to get a better work situation, and you are able to enjoy your time home now until February!! how awesome! That's so great too that you are back to EBF!

J is doing the same things with foods, she shows a ton of interested, but if it's not 100% smooth in consistency, like if there are tiny little chunks, she spits it out right away!

23. rosegold

apricot / 428 posts

everyone get outta here with these cuties!!!!!!!! i'm dying.

24. Mrs.KMM

grapefruit / 4355 posts

Posting a few days late but here are a couple of E's 6-month photos. I can't believe she is 6 months old already!! She's a big girl - 20lbs 8oz! (97.5% weight, 95% height, 96% head circumference).

I love seeing everyone's LOs! We all make pretty cute kids! 😀

25. LindsayInNY

bananas / 9229 posts

How's everyone doing?? We're just starting some solids and plan on sleep training this weekend. Can't wait... 😬

26. Mrs.KMM

grapefruit / 4355 posts

@LindsayInNY: E is dealing with a minor cold. Stuffy nose and cough. The biggest con is that the cough wakes her up at night so she isn't as well rested and therefore gets fussier (especially late in the evening).

27. cascademom

coconut / 8861 posts

@LindsayInNY: We're doing well over here. J is liking his new daycare. He's had a stuffy nose for awhile, but is doing okay overall. He's not quite rolling frequently at 6 months old, but I'm not too concerned. I had his 6 month appointment the day before Thanksgiving. We held back on solids for a bit. On the doctor's suggestion, we're doing baby led weaning. During Thanksgiving, he tried a ton of food and loved it. Last night, I ate a fry my husband made for LO #1. J looked at me with the cutest doe eyes wanting some of it. He's a baby led weaning kid for sure.

28. Eko

nectarine / 2148 posts

@LindsayInNY: Everything is going better over here. W is constantly rolling over and his new thing is trying to walk. he loves just holding our hands and trying to walk everywhere. I don't really know if he will try to crawl. He's been really cranky since I think he has more teeth coming in. He already has two!
    I've been having some ppd (due to outside stress) and recently starting seeing someone to manage it. I am slowly sleep training W, but not completely forcing it as getting little sleep really aggravates my mood. But he sleeps in his crib well, he just has a hard time getting himself back to sleep. We went to Florida for Thanksgiving and W loved it!!

This is him with bad teething and trying to bite his hand off.

29. LindsayInNY

bananas / 9229 posts

@cascademom: I keep debating BLWing but don't know a ton about it - where do I begin, what do I do, what do I start with?? We just tried some pureed squash last night but she kept reaching for the spoon so I know it's gonna get super messy! Any BLW tips?

@Eko: Haha, Q tries to bite anything off now! I keep waiting for teeth but nothing yet.

30. cascademom

coconut / 8861 posts

@LindsayInNY: I don't really have any tips. We just hold some food and let him gnaw on it. With mashed potatoes, he can suck it off the spoon and mouth the texture.

31. cascademom

coconut / 8861 posts

@Eko: Have you considered doing a dream feed with him? I dream feed J. It seems to work to get him to sleep long enough. We did CIO at our old house, so it's pretty used to it if he doesn't fall back asleep. We need to get him a lovely soon. He uses his hands to calm himself down to get back to sleep most nights.

32. LindsayInNY

bananas / 9229 posts

@cascademom: I just don't know if our dinners contain BLW-friendly things so I would need to plan for that. Do you just load a spoon up and let him have at it? Can he hold the spoon?

33. Eko

nectarine / 2148 posts

@cascademom: We don't dream feed. How often do you do that? W will fall asleep fine in it. We just started a couple days ago and what he does now is he will sleep 3-4 hours before the first wake up. I give him a pacifier and he goes straight back to sleep. then it's usually him waking up every 2 hours after. The first night was a nightmare as his diaper blew out so changing him really woke him up. Last night was miserable as his reflux was really bothering him so he woke up after 30 minutes. I think it may help us out a lot introducing the lovely. Just not sure how safe it is?

34. Mrs.KMM

grapefruit / 4355 posts

@Eko: E has been chewing on everything and drooling like crazy for months. Still no teeth!

@cascademom: At what age can you safely give a blanket in the crib? E definitely likes to cuddle things so I think she'd like one but I don't really know when to introduce it.

35. Eko

nectarine / 2148 posts

@Mrs.KMM: Funny how fast or slow the teeth come in! W's teeth are popping up like daisys! haha. Now though since he has teeth he is gnawing on his hands so hard he is scratching and making himself bleed. His fussiness is actually worse now that his teeth are in. It's weird.

36. cascademom

coconut / 8861 posts

@Mrs.KMM: We didn't introduce a blanket until LO #1 was well over a year old. I prefer sleepsacks. LO #2 cuddles them. A small taggies blanket as a lovey would be good or an Angel Dear one. We haven't decided what Angel Dear one to get LO #2.

@Eko: With the dream feed, you feed the baby before going to bed or set an alarm for yourself to wake up and feed them around 12:30am-1am. The baby will be mainly asleep, eat, and will keep asleep. I do a good burping after it to ensure they don't wake up from it. It's worked well with both of our kids. Our doctor told us to discontinue this since he should be sleeping through the night. He isn't quite, but this gets us through the hump since he's mainly BF on the weekend with less formula than when he's at daycare during the week.

@LindsayInNY: If it's soft stuff like mashed potatoes, we spoon it and let him play with it making sure he doesn't choke on it. With fries, pizza crusts, rolls, we hold it and he gnaws at it. It's all about learning textures. He's eaten yogurt from his brother's yogurt cup too.

37. hocuspocus

apricot / 373 posts

E is officially 6 mos old today!

She tried her first solids today We're trying out BLW...Not going to lie, it's nerve racking!! We did a big chunk of avo with the top half of the skin peeled off and left the skin on the bottom half so she could have something to hold on to with out it being too slippery. She LOVED it! Suuuper messy but so fun to watch.

38. Eko

nectarine / 2148 posts

Everyone's babies are so cute! We finally got around to doing our 6 month photos.

39. LindsayInNY

bananas / 9229 posts

@hocuspocus: DD hasn't been into the one puree we've tried - she tries and grabs the spoon. I've been thinking of BLW. You've only done avocado so far, right?

40. hocuspocus

apricot / 373 posts

@LindsayInNY: we've tried avo, banana, mashed sweet potatoes and a strip of bell pepper. She was super into the bell pepper, gummed off a little chunk of it. It kind of freaked me out...but she spit it out right away. I'm going to stick to the softer foods for now. She did great with the avo and banana. She started gagging and coughing on the sweet potatoes. I think we're going to try steamed broccoli next. From what I've read the gagging is a normal reflex until they get used to chewing/swallowing. I guess the whole idea of BLW is to just give them some of what youre eating (with the exception of honey) and to let them feed themselves. Try to avoid foods that are choking hazards like grapes. It's definitely going to take some getting used to, but it's soo much fun!

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee