Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

June 2015 Postpartum Chat

1. Eko

nectarine / 2148 posts

@MrsBrewer: W averages about 45 minute naps. His nightime sleep didn't seem different between 45 minute naps or 1+ hour naps (which very occasionally happen). I get stuff done now while he's awake and during his good part of the day.

@Jess1483: W rolled over constantly all day one day and now it's difficult for him to get one roll in. They are quite silly.

2. LindsayInNY

bananas / 9229 posts

We have transition days at daycare this week and then it's back to work for me next week. It's bittersweet but I'm looking forward to getting out. I'm super worried and anxious about my morning routine. Literally I've been making lists all over. She's been sleeping until 7:30ish most days then this weekend was 6:45 and 5:30 this morning. W.T.F. Killing me! I'm also worried and anxious about pumping. I'm afraid I won't be able to get enough milk. I don't think I'm going to be able to pump in the morning, just lunch and afternoon. Is that really that bad? I'm still waking in the middle of the night which sucks though... Man I wish I had oversupply issues sometimes...

3. MrsBrewer

coconut / 8854 posts

@LindsayInNY: I only work part time and I've been back for 2 weeks now and I'm getting so anxious! DD has been eTing 3x while I'm at work, and I can only pump 2x. I'm definitely not pumping enough to cover. So every night I add in a pumping session and I get an extra 4-5 oz then per day which helps

4. LindsayInNY

bananas / 9229 posts

@MrsBrewer: I pump overnight when LO doesn't wake which results in an average of 5 oz, depending on how much she feeds before bed. The other night I randomly got almost 9 oz, a rarity! I would love to sleep, obviously, but the middle of the night pumping alleviates some of the anxiety. I can "easily" pump lunch and afternoon but the mornings are going to be super difficult. I can try them at home but I dunno? I thought milk was established by 6 weeks or something so can I really increase production now? This is so stressful!

5. Ash

honeydew / 7909 posts

@LindsayInNY: sure you can! Try making some brownies with brewers yeast added if you don't want to power pump. Something I do if I don't get my 4 pumps in at work is pump before I leave because my commute is an hour - you could do that too if you have a little bit of time between leaving work and getting home.

6. LindsayInNY

bananas / 9229 posts

@Ash: 4 pumps at work?! Wow! And yikes! How much do you usually get doing that and for how many bottles? This whole thing is stressing me already! I wonder if I could do Brewers yeast in oatmeal? I just thought of power pumping since I'll have the time to do it my first week back. I'm already taking fenugreek and blessed thistle too.

7. Ash

honeydew / 7909 posts

@LindsayInNY: i work 12hr shifts and I'm gone for 15 hours minimum. every time I pump I get 4-5oz... not much at all which means every session counts. On days I don't work, I only pump before bed which gets me a couple bottles too.
    I think that would work! Or add flax to oatmeal.

8. MrsSRS

nectarine / 2987 posts

Three months! Still no rolling, for which I'm grateful. We're still struggling on the bottle front, too. Ugh.

9. hocuspocus

apricot / 373 posts

@LindsayInNY: I've heard of people pumping in the car on the way to work or after work. Idk how comfortable you'd be with that but they sell car adaptors. The girl I know that does it says she just covers up and no one can tell what's going on.

@MrsBrewer: E hasn't been napping that great either! I miss having alone time during the day. She's been soo fussy lately too. I hope it's just a phase.

10. hocuspocus

apricot / 373 posts

@MrsSRS: she's so pretty! My LO is 3.5 mos and not really rolling over either. She's done it a couple times but hasn't for a long time. I'm kind of okay with it lol

11. Mrs.KMM

grapefruit / 4355 posts

@MrsSRS: what a cutie! Pretty quilt too!

12. LindsayInNY

bananas / 9229 posts

@Ash: Long days!! Yeah I think that's how much I'll be pumping, if I had to guess.

@MrsSRS: So cute!!

@hocuspocus: I thought of that, I just don't know how productive it would be. I do a lot of massaging when I pump?

13. MrsSRS

nectarine / 2987 posts

@hocuspocus: Yeah I learned with DS: relish the immobility!!!
    @Mrs.KMM: Thanks! My aunt is a great quilter

14. Eko

nectarine / 2148 posts

@MrsSRS: she's so adorable!

Just curious, how many ounces are your LOs eating? DS is eating 6 every 3-4 hours and before bed last night he ate 8-9 ounces! He's always just seems hungry. I'm starting to contemplate adding a small bit of rice.

15. Mrs.KMM

grapefruit / 4355 posts

@Eko: DD is averaging between 30-32 oz a day.

16. Eko

nectarine / 2148 posts

@Mrs.KMM: how many ounces and how often are you feeding her?

17. 78h2o

grapefruit / 4441 posts

@Eko: is your LO on breast milk or formula? Formula is usually more, I think.

Mine nurses at 6pm, 7:30pm, 3am, and 7am. She gets 4oz via bottle at 10, 1, 4.

18. Mrs.KMM

grapefruit / 4355 posts

@Eko: She eats every 3-4.5 hours during the day and we offer 7 oz. She eats between 4.5-7oz per feeding. We're getting longer stretches at night so we frequently have just 5 feedings per 24 hour period.

19. Eko

nectarine / 2148 posts

@78h2o: He's on formula. He eats around 6pm, 8, 2am, 6, 11, 2. Guess he's doing ok, I just feel like he still eats so frequently, but what do I know

20. Corduroy

pomelo / 5258 posts

So I went to the OB today to get to the bottom of my soreness. I told him I've been sore since I went back to legit exercise instead of casually strolling, so about 3 weeks. I had been resting all week because of the pain and it barely hurt today. He poked all around my vulva with a Q-tip. I told him what part hurts, he said he saw the scar tissue and put some numbing cream on it. Then he poked some more and I agreed it didn't hurt. He said there's probably a small new tear, that it isn't dangerous, and he got up to leave.

WTF? Not hurting when you put numbing cream on it doesn't seem like it solves my problem. Especially when he's not sending me home with any numbing cream. When I called him to come back to come up with a more thorough solution we settled on me resting longer and coming back in a month if I still have pain. That sucks because I really wanted to focus on getting back into shape in this next month before I go back to work. I guess I'll just have to enjoy another month with my butt glued to the couch.

21. ldh112

kiwi / 556 posts

@Eko: my daughter is eating 7-8 times a day. Not quite sure how much, but averaging closer to 25 oz a day (based on weighted feed averages plus supplementing 8 oz formula a day). She eats every 2-3 hours during the day and once (occasionally twice) during the night. We supplement formula with every other feeding during the day. I keep wondering how long it'll be like this. I'm not quite sure how to stretch things out but it would be nice to get that point!

22. MrsSRS

nectarine / 2987 posts

@Corduroy: I waited too long on something similar. I pushed for another appointment and lo and behold I had granulation tissue that needed removal and resting would have done zero damn thing to help. Maybe ask for an appointment with a nurse or another doctor? Or try looking or having your SO look closely and see if there is a bright pink spot?

23. Mrs.KMM

grapefruit / 4355 posts

Ellie figured out how to roll from her back to her belly tonight (3 months and 3 weeks old)! She's been getting up to her side and getting stuck for about a week. But she fully flipped 6 times tonight!

Now she just gets angry though because she's forgotten how to flip from belly to back and doesn't like to be on her stomach.

24. MrsBrewer

coconut / 8854 posts

@Mrs.KMM: I think Jana is going to flip from back to belly sooooo soon! She's getting stuck on her side right now ! I was cheering her on today, but it didn't help! Lol

25. Mrs.KMM

grapefruit / 4355 posts

@MrsBrewer: if she's getting up to her side, I bet she's really close!

Now that she knows how to flip herself, DD has become a stomach sleeper. We put her in her crib and she immediately flips over to go to sleep!

26. MrsBrewer

coconut / 8854 posts

@Mrs.KMM: that is too funny!! J I think will also be a stomach sleeper too! I wonder if a lot of babies are? J right now always flips to her side to sleep with the bottom half of her body on her belly. She just can't figure out her arm, and it's preventing her from flipping totally

27. 78h2o

grapefruit / 4441 posts

H hasn't figured out how to roll from her back to stomach at all. She hasn't even tried. However, she readily rolls from her stomach to back. I think that's okay by me though because it would make me nervous if she slept on her tummy (though I know that it's ok for them to do so if they got themselves in that position).

H is doing well except that she's been nursing 2-3x during the night. It's killing me, I'm sooo tired! I need to start going to bed earlier, I know that would help.

28. cascademom

coconut / 8861 posts

@78h2o: My J does stomach to back rolling not the other way around. He currently loves to break out of his swaddle blanket. Last night, he slept mostly without it. He's feeding like crazy at night. The past week has been the most sleepless since he was born.

I haven't been on here for awhile because we've been so busy. We're under contract with our condo while we bought a house in the suburbs. It's a big house that needs some cosmetic love. Right now, we're sitting on our hands waiting for emails about inspection, etc.

29. 78h2o

grapefruit / 4441 posts

@cascademom: Congrats on the house! I'm sure it will be nice to have more space.

It must be the age with the little ones... H sleeps fine 7pm- 1or 2am, but then she's up every 2 hrs. Doesn't work well when I go to bed at midnight!

30. cascademom

coconut / 8861 posts

@78h2o: Thanks. We're excited about the house. It's going to be a bit of a commute, so I'm going to start looking for jobs out there after we move.

I think that our littles or youngest in our case are going through the 4 month regression. J usually sleeps from 7-8pm until 10pm or 12am with an hour wakeup, then last night, he lasted until almost 5am. After that, we had a party because he wouldn't go back asleep. We watched movies and attempted feeds until I could drop him off at daycare.

31. Mrs.KMM

grapefruit / 4355 posts

@cascademom: congrats on the house! About a week before E starting rolling, we stopped swaddling her and started just letting her sleep in a footed sleeper. I figured if she was breaking out every night anyway than what was the point of the swaddle!

32. Eko

nectarine / 2148 posts

@cascademom: congrats on the house! Hope the future job search goes well!

W rolled from tummy to back for a few days and all of a sudden forgot how to do it. Lol. He likes being on his back so I doubt he will roll that way anytime soon. Whenever he is on his tummy he moves his legs and arms around like he wants to crawl, but can't get his belly off the ground.

33. Mrs.KMM

grapefruit / 4355 posts

@Eko: E did the same! She rolled tummy to back a few different days and has forgotten!

34. LindsayInNY

bananas / 9229 posts

Q rolled from tummy to back for the first time tonight! At least first that I've seen She'll be 3 months on Friday. This is also my first week back at work and her first at daycare... Which has been going... My commute is roughly 1:45 on a good day which is tough. Combine that with a 5:15 wake up and a middle of the night pump and I'm adjusting... It's gonna take some time. Plus I feel like I'm coming down with something. And Q came home yesterday from daycare sounding hoarse / raspy. She's acting fine so I don't think she's sick. But I wonder if she's crying a LOT at daycare. I might call tomorrow and check in and ask. Everything has been such an adjustment. The pumping, quantity of milk she's drinking at daycare, a whole new routine... It gets better / easier right?!

35. MrsBrewer

coconut / 8854 posts

@LindsayInNY: how much milk does your LO drink at daycare, and what times is she there? I'm sure you're going to do amazing and get used to the routine!

36. LindsayInNY

bananas / 9229 posts

@MrsBrewer: She's been drinking 4 4oz bottles between 8ish and 6:30am. I said to feed her every 2 1/2 to 3 hours and they were basically timing it to every 2 1/2 hours. Yesterday, I said every 3 hours and she only had 3 bottles but they were trying to feed her around 6pm when I showed up - ugh! They comment on how she's so hungry. Umm, no, she shouldn't be with that much milk!! Everything is definitely going to take some time getting us to...

37. Eko

nectarine / 2148 posts

@LindsayInNY: I am sure you will get the hang of things! Everything is always an adjustment. With the bottles, do you think she needs to start drinking more during the feeding? W lately seemed to always be hungry and we figured it out that he just needs more at once. During the day he drinks about 7 oz. bottles.

38. MrsBrewer

coconut / 8854 posts

@LindsayInNY: @Eko: Gosh this is what I'm dealing with right now. My friend who watches my LO fed her 22 oz yesterday between 7:30-5! wtf.....Ugh I gave her all that milk thinking it would be enough for yesterday and part of today, that way I only needed to bring a little over this morning. Then she commented how my LO is spitting up so much.....yep....no wonder. I'm just getting a tad frustrated. Because I mean hello, that is a ton of milk wasted. When I'm at work I only pump 10-12 oz. So I'm really dipping into my freezer stash.

39. LindsayInNY

bananas / 9229 posts

@Eko: I don't think so. From what I've read, my understanding is that breast fed babies need 1 - 1.5 ounces per hour so, theoretically, she should be eating anywhere from 3 - 4.5 ounces every 3 hours.

@MrsBrewer: I brought 5 4oz bottles to daycare on Monday along with 2 frozen bags with 2.5oz in each. On Tuesday, they used the frozen stash instead of a bottle. I was like WTF? That was there as backup milk, in case they were out! I keep telling myself it's going to take time to adjust but I also want to call and ask a million questions... DD came home in different clothes yesterday that were damp, not poopy. Turns out, I learn this morning, she threw up. That tells me she's eating either too much or too fast! I just don't know how to deal with this or when!

40. MrsBrewer

coconut / 8854 posts

@LindsayInNY: ugh. That's frustrating!! You would think they'd know which milk to use! I mean it's not like your baby is the first one they've watched!!

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee